The First Time Ever I…

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ten minutes later she returned downstairs with two suitcases and a makeup bag. "I'll be back tomorrow to get the rest of my things. I ask that you not be here when we come by around two. Good night."

With her back as straight and proud as possible, she walked determinedly from the living room to the door. Her mother ran to her and gave her a big hug, crying, begging her to reconsider. Elsa hugged her mother but turned and opened the door and marched down the steps. Once she got to the car she had received as a graduation present, she broke down sobbing. She had been afraid this would happen though she hoped against hope they would be more accommodating.

At their 'cottage' she collapsed sobbing into Kyle's arms. It took her several minutes to give the story, all the while Kyle was gently rubbing her back and reassuring her. After an hour, an exhausted and forlorn Elsa collapsed asleep in his arms. Later he carried her to the bed, slipped off her shoes and pulled the covers up over her.

-----

After the trauma of the first night, life for the two quickly became comfortable. They easily figured out how to divide the chores, arranged for a combined checking account and even started a savings account for their first house. And the sex, well the sex continued to be a phenomenal part of their lives together.

In early September, Kyle invited Elsa to go out to a nice restaurant to celebrate their living together for two months.

"Are we going to celebrate every two months? 'Cause if we are, I'll be big as an elephant before you know it."

"No, but we haven't had a real nice meal since, well, since ever and you and I deserve it. Dress up nicely and I might even take you dancing."

"Deal! I might even go get something new and sexy."

"Honey, even a potato sack would look sexy on you."

"Aww, you're so sweet. But I'll use this as an excuse to buy some new clothes, OK?"

The restaurant was known to be very exclusive and ritzy so Kyle bought a new, dark blue suit with a striking deep-red tie. That evening she shooed him from the bedroom to allow her to bathe and put on her makeup and dress in private. Kyle paced a bit nervously in their living room fingering the simple but elegant engagement ring in his left pants pocket. Once she came out, his nerves disappeared. At that instant he knew, he absolutely knew he had made the correct decision. Marrying Elsa was a no-brainer. His life's goal had been to achieve what his mother had obtained unfortunately only a few months earlier. He was going to marry the love of his life and commit to spending it with her and only with her.

At the restaurant, the warm weather had allowed them to open large sliding doors to the deck overlooking the city below. Dinner was delicious. The wine was tart with a hint of sweetness, the appetizers and the main courses were unbelievably tasty as was the dessert they shared. Before they finished eating, a small trio began to play soft dance music. Kyle invited her to dance which she enthusiastically agreed to. The open deck beckoned where they danced alone to the sounds of the trio drifting from inside. Later, after a particularly sexy and slow tune, the band announced they'd be taking a brief break. Kyle looked over, nodded to the sax player and turned to Elsa before dropping on his knee.

"Elsa, my love, I'm not a man of flowery language but I do need to tell you yet again I love you and I need to ask you a simple question. Will you please make me the happiest guy alive and agree to marry me?"

"God, yes, of course I will marry you. I love you so much, Kyle. Yes, a thousand times yes," she cried out as she pulled him up and gave him a big hug and a deep kiss. As he slipped the ring on her finger, the band started softly playingThe First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.

-----

They wanted to get married fairly soon and since they had both met and reunited during the holidays, they decided to get married then as well. Unfortunately, by then it was so late in the year the only day they could schedule was for the afternoon of December the twenty-fifth at the chapel at his old alma mater. Kyle was able to hire the base chaplain to officiate. Elsa, who had quietly kept in contact with her sister, told her the good news. Bettina wasn't at all optimistic her parents would attend but expressed excitement for her older sister's marriage. Elsa promised to send the family an invitation anyway.

And almost before they knew it, the big day had arrived. Although she very much wanted her sister to be her maid of honor, Elsa's parents were boycotting the wedding and her sister wasn't allowed to attend. A close friend from college agreed to fly down and be the maid of honor. Elsa was madly in love with Kyle and so excited to be marrying him but this remaining dark issue from her family cast a slight pall over her mood.

As the two women got ready in the foyer of the college chapel, Elsa tried to put on a happy smile for her friend. The two did laugh about her choice of a wedding dress. After looking at the cost of wedding gowns, Elsa had a crazy idea. On the first time she ever saw Kyle, the first time she ever kissed him, the first time they ever made love and the time they met again, she had been wearing her elf costume. And she decided she'd wear it at her wedding! She swore her maid of honor to secrecy and wouldn't tell Kyle, telling him only to dress nicely but he shouldn't wear a tuxedo.

She pulled on the costume, green tights, a blue garter belt and even her little elf hat with a tiny veil attached to the front.

"You look adorable," said her maid of honor.

"Thank you. I hope everyone understands. I'll have to tell them at the reception the story of why I'm wearing it, well, maybe not about us having sex that night..." she giggled. She picked up her bouquet of tiny, white Snow Drops and waited at the door.

Finally, they heard the music begin. To Elsa's absolute amazement and surprise, the mellow tones ofThe First Time Ever I Saw Your Face filled the entire chapel, causing her to tear up. Kyle had remembered 'their song' and her favorite tune. Once the mellow notes faded, the organist started playingThe Wedding March and her friend cracked open the door to walk up the aisle. Once she was at the altar and turned around, Elsa began, with hummingbirds buzzing in her stomach, the same walk to the altar.

Up front, Kyle broke into a huge grin as his best man cracked up. Guests in the audience turned around and the chuckling could be heard all around the chapel. However, she kept her eyes fixed on him until she saw him look over to her left. As her eyes followed his, she saw to her amazement the backs of her parents' heads along the aisle. As she approached them, she saw her father's head turn slightly towards her, a tight smile on his face. Next to him were her mother and sister, both with a warmer smiles and sparkles in their eyes.

She raced to their row, pulled her parents up from their pew and hugged them tightly, sobbing with joy. Before she turned to complete her march, she dragged her father to the aisle and insisted he escort her to the altar. After initially declining, he puffed out his chest, held his arm for her to hold and began to lead her to the altar. Once the music ended, the chaplain called out "Who gives this..." he cracked up before going on, "Who gives this elf to be married to this man?" to the chuckles of the audience.

"Her mother and I do." A choked-up Elsa turned and gave her father a big, heartfelt hug.

"Thank you, Vati. You can't believe how much this means to me, to us," she whispered before giving him a big kiss on the cheek. He sat back down as she turned to the chaplain and Kyle.

The rest of the wedding was a blur to Elsa. She followed the chaplain's instructions, recited the vows and kissed her new husband but to this day, she can barely remember any of it as her mind was so overwhelmed with the joy of having her family witness her marriage to the love of her life.

-----

Their small reception was held in the community hall next to the chapel. The guests filed through and talked first with Kyle and then with his bride. Towards the end of the line came Elsa's family. First up was her father.

"Mr. Eisenherz, I want to thank you so much for..."

"Wilhelm," he interrupted.

"Sir?"

"My name is Wilhelm. If I'm to be a part of your life, I need to apologize for my actions over the past years. And I think calling me Wilhelm will be the first step to repairing our relationship."

"Uh, OK, uh, Wilhelm," he replied as he shook his father-in-law's hand. Wilhelm grabbed him in a big bearhug, apologizing yet again, before turning to his lovely daughter. It was only later that evening Kyle realized his new father-in-law must have slipped the ten, crisp one-hundred-dollar bills into Kyle's suit pocket during the bearhug.

Next up were her mother and sister. "Mutti, please call me Mutti. You'll be the son I never had," she smiled, "And I, too, need to apologize to you and to my lovely daughter for the way we have acted. Please accept my apologies."

"Of course. I know your coming here has made Elsa the happiest woman alive."

"I know you two will have a wonderful life together," added Mutti. "I have never seen her so filled with joy as when she looks at you. Take care of my lovely daughter, please."

"Oh, I will, I promise," he said as Mutti wrapped him up in a big hug. "And don't forget to meet Mamá. I think you two will get along great."

"Oh, and here's Bettina."

"Of course, the bratty little sister," he laughed.

"Hey, I may be little but I'm feisty, so, watch out," she laughed, hugging him and then whispering in his ear, "I'm glad I demanded they come. I know they both wanted to but were too proud to admit it. I think I gave them the excuse they needed."

Kyle leaned back, smiled and said, "Thank you. It meant the world to her."

An hour or so later the photographer came to Kyle and mentioned he had shot the three rolls of film as they had agreed to and he'd be leaving. Wilhelm overheard this and pulled the man aside. Kyle saw his new father-in-law stuff some money into the photographer's pocket and announce there would be a few more photographs. Several photos of the bride and groom with their families were taken and all had wonderful, happy smiles.

-----

Forty-five Years Later

On Christmas day, the slightly faded photograph of Jim, Mamá, Kyle, Elsa, Wilhelm, Mutti and Bettina still stood in an old frame on the mantle of their independent cottage at the Our Home assisted living facility. They had been living there a couple of years because even though Elsa's knees were made of titanium, courtesy of a skilled orthopedist, the rest of her arthritis severely limited her activities. In addition, Kyle needed a handful of pills to keep his heart regulated and his blood pressure under control. In spite of their age and medical issues, they felt blessed as their three children and numerous grandchildren who lived nearby were coming by to celebrate Christmas and their forty-fifth anniversary that afternoon. Playing softly in the background was their favorite song, though it was now digital and Wi-fi connected to their small sound system. Some day Kyle wanted to get his grandson to explain all the fancy technology and how a thing half the size of a cigarette package could hold thousands of tunes, but for now he was satisfied listening to their song while holding Elsa's hand. And right as the last notes of the beautiful song faded, their doorbell rang. Elsa, who had jokingly complained her elf dirndl dress had 'shrunk' too much over the years, slipped on the old elf hat and rose to greet her lovely family.

-----

Trionyx -- Winter Holidays 2022

-----

Please feel free to vote and leave comments. Thank you.

-----

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face, written by Ewan MacColl in 1957, was recorded by Roberta Flack in 1969. Two years later her version was used in the movie Play Misty for Me, after which the song soared to the top of the charts in 1972. Unfortunately, she has just announced (Nov 2022) she has ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) and is unable to sing any more. A beautiful voice has been silenced.

-----

Spanish Translations

¿La estás follando? Are you fucking her?

Mamá Mom

Mierda Shit

German Translations

Gut Good

Ja Yes

Kind Child

Mädchen Girl

Mutti Mom

Oma Grandma

Und And

Vati Dad