The Flaming Girls Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And the first black Chief Constable, the highest ranking black policeman outside of the Metropolitan Police. There will be some who will be bitterly disappointed and some who will say 'told you so'."

"All right Glenda. You know I'm not averse to using alternative crime fighting techniques. You can have your Special Crime Investigation and you can include Ruffe and that tranny in your little band of merry men but I'm putting a proper member of the CID in charge. Your SCI is to hand over anything they find of interest to the CID officers assigned to the Slasher Task Force so that proper policing procedures are followed," Edward said angrily ceding to Glenda's request.

"I want someone to keep you steady and ensure you don't breach police protocols and especially make sure that snake Ruffe Ingersoll isn't given anything out the investigation to print without my approval."

"Thank you sir. I'll head down to Chelmsford public hospital and tell Miss Ringwald, who I have to tell you is not the stupid strumpet you think she is, and who's life might be in danger if you believe what the Slasher wrote," Glenda stood up.

"Thanks WPC Savage, another reason to justify why I've stood up an SCI, to protect our star witness and the only person who can identify the mass murder," Edward sighed.

Glenda moved around the Chief Constable's desk and ensuring that no one could see into the office she bent down and kissed Edward on the lips and shoved his hand under her skirt. He did not resist both acts.

"Wednesday; the usual place. You bring the wine and I'll bring my sexy seamed stockings and those French knickers you like so much," she whispered in his ear and nibbled his earlobe before moving away, leaving him with quite a prominent erection.

*****

Of course she did not give any of this detail to Charlie and Ruffe, just that she had the Chief Constable's blessing to form a Special Crime Investigation team and that Ruffe and Charlie could be seconded to it as civilian consultants.

"What's in for me?" Ruffe asked immediately.

"We collaborate. Anything you get through your sources or if the Slasher writes to you again you share and I'll share stuff from the CID and SOCO," Glenda promised.

"And me? I don't get anything," Charlie said.

"You get protection and also the chance to participate in the investigation of your own case; almost unheard of," Glenda countered.

"All right I'm in. I need another story to follow up my story about the Slasher's letter. Your lot have put a court order on the newspapers printing the letter or transcribing it; but I am allowed to print that I received a letter from the Slasher and that he has for all intents and purposes admitted to all of the murders in the letter," Ruffe said.

"Plus I've got to give sexy-knickers here twenty quid every time I do a story about her, so I'm going broke," Ruffe playfully mussed Charlie's hair.

Despite swapping insults their camaraderie was real.

"So I guess I'm in too," Charlie whipped the beer out of Ruffe's hand and took a slug.

"There is just one thing. The Chief Constable is going to appoint a more senior police officer to head up the SCI, someone from CID. But we are all going to collaborative and have equal standing when it comes to the investigation," Glenda paraphrased what she had said to Edward.

"Who's that going to be then?" Ruffe snatched the beer bottle back off Charlie who gave him the finger in return, but she was smiling.

Just then the door opened and in walked Robin Sparrow. The joviality left the room like a chill wind blowing in December.

"Is this your doing WPC Savage? Are you the reason I'm heading up an SCI comprising of a tranny brass, a conniving scrivener, and a fat policewoman?" Detective Sargent Sparrow eyed each them individually and menacingly.

To be continued