The Flin Wars Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'I did mean what I said earlier John, I am in your debt for saving my godson and his friends all those years ago, as well as for not shooting Sammie.' Frank said. 'I understand you've spent quite a bit of credits John while you've been here on station. As a bit of amends, I'd like to reimburse you those credits and those of your friends too. Also, from this point forward your credits are no good here and any further purchases will be handled at no expense to you.'

I thought back those 5+ years and remembered, I had been flying with VFA 31 The Red Hogs aboard the USS Ranger CVS 32 as heavy air support that day trying to crack a Flin strong point near Saviour's Ridge. My old unit A/2/5 Marines had been pinned down and called for Close Air Support (CAS), my flight had been armed with PGMs and were the closest. We had rolled in hot and dropped danger close to our troops, the 8 bombs and subsequent gun runs broke the stalemate and allowed 2/5 to take the ridge and start wrapping up the left flank of the Flin LXVII Shock Army. Kilo 23 took another 2 months of fighting and CAS runs to secure.

I had just been promoted to Lieutenant Commander and it was my first XO cruse with the squadron. We had spent nearly 10 months in the sector, covering both planet and space-based attacks from the Flin. I had racked up 18 fighter kills over those 10 months and made more than 180 flights. As XO I had found that I needed to handle many of the "crap details" that we got every day plus all the daily assignments and the million and one things that the CO just didn't have time for. Man, I was glad when I received my silver leaf and orders to the Grim Reapers.

'Frank, thank you but no, 2/5 was my old unit when I was a Marine all those years ago, and I had no idea who was down there. They called and we hauled in the mail and broke a log jam for them.' I said, for me it had been a normal day at the office so to speak.

'Well then John, Lori please allow me to treat you and your family and friends to dinner tonight, it will be on me, and I won't accept no for an answer. You know John I am a bit envious of you, you have a beautiful daughter. Your slave Flower was the talk of the station last night and this morning and I would take it as a great honor to simply dine in her company this evening.' He said and I nodded knowing when to allow a simple yes to stave off more wild demands. 'Very well I accept your invitation to dine this evening good Sir.' I said then looked over at Lori who rolled her eyes and gave me a nod back. 'Good, 2000 then at the usual place please Princess. Lori will show you the way John.' He said and looked once again at the pile of parts sitting on the table. 'Well played good Sir, well played.' The 3 of us laughed once again.

Franks wrist comp unit started beeping and he looked annoyed at being bothered. 'This had better be important.' He snapped. 'Sir the Gray Dove is inbound but she's severely damaged and hasn't made contact yet.' the voice said. At that moment Lori's comp unit beeped. 'Yes?' She said. 'Captain, we have an inbound contact. The station has issued an emergency alert.' Her voice told her. 'Suspend all loading operations, prep for emergency break away, tell engineering to be ready to answer all bells.' Lori said and looked at me. I hit my comp unit. 'All pilots report to bay 2, standby for emergency launch, all ground crew to your fighters.' I said and headed out the door and towards for my cabin to change. I knew Lori would be headed for the bridge.

'Emergency breakaway, emergency breakaway, all hands to emergency stations.' came the announcement over the 1MC as I entered my cabin and stripped out of my clothes and began donning my flight gear. 'Daddy, what's happening?' Karen asked, I knew she was scared. 'Baby put your suit on, Flower, pod, now.' I said as Karen started pulling her suit on and Flower quickly hopped into her pod. I finished suiting up and kissed Karen and rushed to the hanger bay, I could hear multiple APUs already turning before I even entered the bay as suited deck crew and PCs rushed to remove chocks, chains and pull safety pins. I quickly climbed into the cockpit and started hooking myself up as Billy climbed up and finished hooking me up. 'Sam send to all units to come up Tac 2 once we launch.' I said and finished checking everything over. 'Already sent John.' She replied, I could see the others climbing aboard their craft.

'Hammer 11 is up. I heard Dev come over my comms unit. Voodoo 22 and 23 are up Stalker.' The 2 Sky Raiders came across. 'Hat Trick 10 ready for launch.' came the other Warhammer and we were now ready to lift if needed. 'Bridge, Kill Joy 25 flight of 5 ready for launch.' I sent to the bridge and heard the reply for us to 'Standby.' 'Roger, standing by.' I replied and waited. After 20 minutes of sitting in the closed bay the APU temp caution light came on. I told Sam to open the dump valve and got on the comms. 'Bridge, Kill Joy 25, I have a temp light. We either need to open the doors, launch or shut down in the next 15 minutes, over.' I told them. 'Roger 25 stand by for doors, continue to hold.' They told me. '25.' Was all I said.

I watched the Bay door open, and the temps dropped almost at once. Good I knew that Sam could now sit like this for an hour on just her APUs with no problems. I switched over to Karens suit freq. and listened in, from her breathing I knew she was a bit upset. 'Baby, are you doing okay.' I said. 'Daddy? that you, Flower and I are really scared. What's happening? do you have to go out to fight?' She asked. 'No baby it doesn't look like we'll be launching, but we always have to be ready to respond to any emergency.' I told her. Looking out the door I could see the damaged ship being taken under tow, by the station's emergency tugs.

'All ships, Sliver tower control, return to moorings, situation under control. Stand clear of dock 212 and all emergency equipment. Control clear.' I heard over the main comms freq. and signaled my group to shut down. 'I'll be back to you in about 30 minutes baby, let me get everything secured back here okay.' I told her and switched freqs. 'Bridge, 25, shutting down, you can close the outer doors.' I told them. 'Roger 25, doors coming closed, clear to shut down.' With in 5 minutes, I could open my canopy and I began to unhook. Billy placed the ladder against my ship then went over to Devs bird and did the same thing. After climbing out I helped secure Sam and then placed the safety pins back in the weapons.

30 minutes later I walked back into my cabin and was grabbed by Karen who was quite happy to see me. I opened her suit and helped her out of it then released Flower. I finally got out of my flight gear as my 2 girls helped. 'Daddy this thing's heavy.' Karen said as she and Flower both tried to lift it. I had nearly 30 pounds of extra armor in critical spots to help protect me. Standing I helped them lift it and placed it back in its charging slot. 'Yes, it is baby, but that extra weight helps to protect me.' I told her and got dressed. 'Come on baby, I need to debrief and we're going to meet in the chow hall. Maybe the cook can find you a snack.' I told her and she grabbed my hand and Flower took my other, I handed Flower a data pad to carry for me.

Entering the chow hall, we sat down as the cook came over with a plate of fresh cookies and 2 glasses of OJ and some coffee for me. Dev came in right behind us, slid in next to me, picked up a cookie and started nibbling on it. 'Hey, that's mine and Flowers.' Karen said as Dev started laughing. 'Mr. Ray, Mr. Heman is stealing mine and Flowers cookies.' She called out to the cook. 'Oh John, you are going to have your hands full with this little Valerian werecat.' Dev told me as Ray the ships cook came out with a plate of fresh fruit and a replacement cookie balanced on top and sat it down. 'Ours.' Karen said and quickly grabbed the cookie, a skill I suspect that she had had to learn or not get fed, she handed it to Flower and the 2 of them put their heads together and started giggling. 'Valerian werecat John, that's all I got to say.' Dev said and sipped the coffee that Ray had brought. 'You 2 gents want anything?' He asked. 'Whatever you have ready back there Ray please and have more coffee ready too, we'll be debriefing here in a few minutes. Thanks.' Dev said. Ray walked away and the 3 remaining pilots walked in as Dev, and I stood up and moved to a bigger table.

The next 50 minutes were spent going over everything and recording what had happened from out points of view, we discussed what we did both right and wrong and how we think we could be better. By the time we were done the ship had redocked and a copy of our report had been sent to the bridge to be entered into the official log, and off to the various other places that might need a copy. Lori walked in followed by Frank and the meat mountain as I thought of him. 'John 2000 hours and please I extend that dinner invitation to all here, your crews and any dates you might have.' He said and walked out. 'Gents, 1900 on the Quarter Deck, Dress is civilian suit and tie, or uniform. Inform your PCs also. Don't be late.' I said looking around and walked over to get Karen and Flower and to go get a bit of sleep. I don't think I would be getting much tonight.

Dinner that evening was an interesting affair, we Pilots, the 4 Plane Captains, Lori, Karen and Flower all walked up to a very fancy restaurant on the IV level. Billy had somehow managed to get the red head from the lingerie shop to join him, several of the others also had "dates" as the Maitre'd showed us to a large private room. Frank was already there sipping cocktails and munching on a small cheese plate. Introduction were made, drinks ordered and delivered, we then sat down, and general conversation began. It turned out that Frank was a natural at getting people to chat with him and ever Karen talked to him after few minutes.

I chatted with his 4th wife who looked like a holo-model that one would see hocking this or that brand. Yes, even in the 24th century advertising is still dependent on sex and making people think that they would be sexy using it. To say that dinner was extraordinary was an understatement, it went beyond exquisite and as someone who has dined at many high-end places I know when the chef is pulling out all the stops at dinner.

Toast were made by our new benefactor regarding the speed and skill that we had demonstrated in preparing to launch on an unknown event. The Grants self-defense forces were barely ready by the time the alert was canceled. I suggested that they could do with a bit more training time and less free time to go out every night. I reminded Frank that battles were won and lost on training and how fast you could react to any problem. I could see that the pilots and crews of the Grant's SDF were going to be losing a bit of sleep over this.

It was nearly 2300 when we returned to the ship. I slid Karen into bed and then took Flower up to see Lori, I was going to have my evil way with her and when we walked into her cabin, I knew this would be a long night.

This ends chapter 8, I'm sorry it took so long but I had some problems coming up with parts of it plus personal problems slowed me down some too. I hope you enjoy this, and yes more is coming so stay tuned.

12