All Comments on 'The Fourth Man'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 157 Comments
johnnyjonesjohnnyjonesabout 10 years ago
So far...

... So good. The question I need answered is... Wtf is Arnie up to?

CybawulfCybawulfabout 10 years ago
To the last comment

The story is called the fourth man so he's probably plugging his wife's third hole on the second day of the weekend lol. Don't know how the story is gonna pan out but I would've added " but that was a mood short lived" at the end to add suspense. Assuming the wife did cheat that is. But I'm thinking maybe a twist?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 10 years ago
Decent Start

Here's the question. Considering the title and the mysterious way she took off for the weekend, what the fuck did she do? Did she give a bold face lie about not cheating? What was her childhood fantasy? Nothing to rate yet. I'll just wait...

funksofunksoabout 10 years ago
Who dun it?

Was it Arnie, was she cheating with a woman (was it a childhood fantasy or teenage, and the allusion to the fourth player) or is the title about the protagonist hooking up with the new girl?

harbormaster1harbormaster1about 10 years ago
I'm hooked

Great start good to see ya back. Lot's of ways this can go. Tara seems to be an interesting outlet...please send out another chapter soon.

CharlieB4CharlieB4about 10 years ago
Confusing

Found the change of POV on the first page confusing. 3*

It seems others are obsessed with what she did on the weekend. I just hope she had fun because living with a paranoid arsehole like Ken must be hell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Top story

but he missed one major point. He should have asked "Is your two day secret going to be a secret until you come back? Or for a week, a month, or for the rest of our married life?"

If the reply was that it was to be a secret for ever, my own view would be that this is totally unacceptable. The secret would gnaw away at the relationship. Maybe in the good times it could rest but, when the inevitable bits of stress, that occur in any marriage, cropped up, then doubt would reappear, and would become greater each time.

I'd have had to tell her that I felt that the marriage had little chance of surviving a long term with that hanging over it.

However, he didn't do this so now I eagerly await the continuation.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 10 years ago
The fourth man is the woman

they golf with. This must be a part 1, and it would help if it were indicated that there will be more with a chapter 1 in the title rather than just a 'to be continued'.. Perhaps the cheater will be our hero and the wife is the wronged party? LTW usually has some interesting plots. Tags include Hilton Head, golf and affair. The thing is that the wife will eventually reveal her secret and we'll all wonder WTF? She risked her marriage for such a stupid reason? The guy will ask her to trust him for a weekend and he'll bang the hell out of the fourth man?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Hypocrisy at its finest. His wife must remain completely and absolutely faithful to her husband;

But he is free to enjoy the flirtations and reciprocate during a good game. I don't recall him confessing his dalliance with his golf partner. I mean, he does demand her complete faithfulness so why is he free to keep his own secrets?

The fact is I trust my wife without reservation. If she says she needs to go somewhere without me, have at it. I trust her and vice versa which means that I KNOW she wouldn't cheat on me. That wouldn't even come up in my thoughts. He'll, during spring break, I'm sending her to Costa Rica for a week without me because she wants to go. She's been to Scotland, twice. Paris, once and New York for a weekend. She has a good time and I say good for her. Because I trust her.

That's what trust is.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
Loving it

Wonderfully written. Has me on the edge of my seat. Five stars. The reason she couldn't say the words that she was not going to cheat, is because she was - just not with a man. That's my theory. Can't wait!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
One more thought ...

The title would seem to indicate that the golf woman is a potential love interest of hubby. I assume after he discovers what his wife was really up to, he will need some comforting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
this is a presentation...

a reader can pull himself/herself into and let their mind run wild...

bruce22bruce22about 10 years ago
Nice Opening Chapter

It gets a five because the ending is irrelevant to evaluating if is a good first chapter or not. I really do not understand evaluating a story on the basis of whether you like the ending or not. That sounds like the writer could do a crap job of writing but get a five if he BTBs.

Sure I trust and trusted my wife not to place me in such a terrible situation. This is another case of being egocentric and forgetting to think about how the other guy is going to feel... Not good partner material in my view. Now Tara that is a nice exciting name. My wife would be worried.

t_i_n_at_i_n_aabout 10 years ago
good set up

Now keep it complicated!

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 10 years ago
Hell No!

If my wife tried to pull this crap on me, I'd say I don't like it and I think it's a very bad idea. If you insist on doing this it will be against my will. I hope that you're prepared to deal with the consequences. To the stupid anonymous wimp wanna be, I say trust but verify! Your dum ass attitude is a licence to betray you. Does she TRUST you to the same extent? I highly doubt it. Take your head out of your ass.

cpetecpeteabout 10 years ago
Maybe TOO good a set up?

Very good first chapter, with a real cliffhanger ending.

But has the author racheted up the sespense so much that no matter what the "event" attended by the wife-it cannot match the build up in this first chapter?

I look forward to your next installment, and hope you have not written yourself in a corner-because this is a real puzzler and gut twister so far.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago
5* a fantastic setup

Not only is it always great to see a new story from this author but considering the this week has been the worst quality wise for the LW section due to the utter insane amount of cuck crap posted here and not 1 story getting scored even close to a 4 in days, this tale was a much, much need breath of fresh air.

Wifey was setup perfectly as being a truly selfish bitch. She knew her request was fucked up and was going to hurt her husband and marriage after their first conversation but planned to do it anyway. Hell, she even admits to herself if the roles were reversed she would be extremely hurt if hubby pulled the same thing on her. You can't really love someone and be willingly hurt them like that.

Like others have said, I'm guessing the forth man in the title relates to the golf babe somehow and that wifey spent the weekend playing with a woman instead of a man. Not that it matters as it's still cheating imho.

Looking forward to chapter 2.

richard2675richard2675about 10 years ago
you did it again

An awesome first installment. Can't wait for the following chapters.

Rogn123Rogn123about 10 years ago
great start

The only thing that makes sense is that her highschool fantacy was to try out a woman . She probably did not meet a man just as she said.

swingerjoeswingerjoeabout 10 years ago
A true Lit mystery

It's an excellent beginning, but I sure hope this isn't another unfinished Literotica "to be continued" story. This story had me glued to the page (so to speak.)

IronDragonIronDragonabout 10 years ago
I get the feeling...

That Wifey had the opportunity for a LESBIAN experience and took it. The question Hubby should have asked was "If I knew what it was, would it put our marriage in jeopardy?" or said "If I find out you cheated on me this coming weekend, our marriage will be over."

Great setup, though. It's obvious she did something she wasn't supposed to be doing, if she was ready to give her anal cherry to Hubby, even though she'd always denied him before. That right there tells me that she did something really shady, even if she didn't have sex with another man. Oh, well. Can't wait for the second part!

5 Stars.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyabout 10 years ago
OK, I read with great interest......BUT

I feel strongly that laptopwriter should have indicated (by tagging the story with a Chapter 1) that the story would be continued. I feel cheated. As I read, I waited expectantly for the reason, the explanation, the unraveling of the mystery. I had NO reason to think questions wouldn't be answered. It is perfectly legitimate to continue a story at a later date...but here LTW just springs the delay on his/her reader at the last line of the story. The tale was interesting and well written enough to earn 5 stars, but the sudden revelation of the fact that it would be continued has forced me to vote it a miserly 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Pretty good so far....

Am looking forward to the next installment.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 10 years agoAuthor
As I stated in the first comment...

The story did carry, "Chapter 1," when I submitted it. Somehow it was left off by Lit when they posted it. It seems to have cost me in the scoring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

His wife hooked up with Tara the fourth man for lesbian sex. She cheated, He should torch the bitch and get a divorce,

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 10 years ago
One more thought

While I am sticking with my lesbian theory, I may have neglected to take the title literally. The fourth man could very well be a reference to the actual fourth man who mysteriously failed to show for golf on the same weekend as his wife went AWOL. Perhaps her trip somehow involves him.

knot_limberknot_limberabout 10 years ago
More Please

Loved It,I hope there is more to come. Cause you left us in the lurch

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago

@Laptopwriter

Not having a chapter 1 in a multiple part story is annoying to be sure, but for someone to rate a story a 1 based purely for that is nothing more than bullshit. Fuck those voters imho.

@anon

"His wife hooked up with Tara the fourth man for lesbian sex. She cheated, He should torch the bitch and get a divorce,"

How could Tara be in both places at once tho and why if it's like you think would wifey need the entire weekend? It seems too improbable and tbh not worthy of a writer as good as LTW is.

The usual golf buddy not being around for two weeks in a row could be something to read into, like a few seem to think of wifey being with him but that doesn't fit with the whole wanting to do "IT" since she was a girl!

I agree with dumping a cheating spouse tho as whatever shit wifey was up to, was planned in advance and nothing that could be a one time mistake.

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
THE FOURTH MAN FINALLY TRUMPS

the Third Man Theme, with mystery and thoughts. TK U MLJ LV NV good to have you back, mlj

rainbow001rainbow001about 10 years ago
Wonderful writing

I wish that I could have been the first to comment you on this story. Your characters are real the emotions expressed were perfect IMO. Even being female I identified with Ken, regardless of her motivation and excitement doing that to him was a cruel act. Now I am waiting on the edge of my seat to see what you have in store for them. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.

svg1svg1about 10 years ago
Looking for the next chapter

I will agree with the comment that said that there's been some real trash in this category lately. The comments on this story have been good. laptopwriter said that there was a prior chapter that somehow didn't get posted, I would like to read that before I read the rest of this. It will be interesting to see how this unravels. Whatever it was that Jennifer found so important to do, she was obviously willing to risk and damage her marriage over. I doubt that she went to kill somebody, or rob a bank. But it's still pretty much an open question. There's a possible hint to her activities over the weekend when she said "Oh Ken, please...I...it had nothing to do with sleeping with another man," Maybe it was a woman, but if so, the remark isn't really honest. It would be a lie of omission. She also said that she didn't screw anyone. If it's so innocent, then why is it such a big secret, such a cover up worth putting her marriage through. The title is no doubt significant, Tara is already being introduced as someone who is attracted to Ken. I wonder if an open, secret weekend is in Ken's future. Here's the real mystery to me, the subtle, gnawing mystery behind the larger mystery. Jack, Ken's friend- seems to be very supportive of Ken's marriage and seems to minimizing the issue of the secret weekend. But he's openly telling Ken that Tara is attracted to him and was flirting with Ken and no one else during the golf game. Jack knows that Ken's marriage is in turmoil, but he's still encouraging contact with someone who is obviously attracted to Ken. I wonder if Jack knows more than he is telling Ken.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 10 years ago
Agree with others

A little tedious and repetitive but otherwise writing was pretty good. I too suspect a Lesbian tryst. Dropping the ch 01 in the title further annoyed me. Three stars so far.

HcopHcopabout 10 years ago
Hope it will not turn out to be a let down

Nice buildup, but I'm afraid the story will crumple under its own weight, I really hope the author proves me wrong. What other explanation, short of cheating, would justify the secrecy? Surely it is not a matter of a third party confidentiality, if we believe what the wife has said so far, and any other "innocent" explanation makes the wife look like a really stupid insensitive ass for not sharing this "important thing" with her husband and handling things the way she did. And if the weekend involves cheating, again why the mystery instead of a reassuring lie? laptopwriter I hope there is an escape door in that corner that you have painted yourself into.

For the anonymous who posted the 10th comment, are you serious? Is "flirting" (as described by a guy teasing his friend) during a a golf game considered cheating, equivalent to spending a weekend with a lover? And although I don't like commenting about other people's marriages, I will make an exception since you put your marriage out there. Dude, if my wife liked to spend so much vacation time (and resources) away from me, in fascinating places like Costa Rica, Paris, New York and Scotland, I would seriously consider making the living arrangement permanent. And it has nothing to do with trust.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A bad decision

His being such an important part of her life and meaning so much to her why hide fantasies and thoughts? He made her aware that something of such important to her should have not been (if she truly had faith and trust in him) a secret. She still hides what she did for that weekend. He can't prove that she was or wasn't with someone else. Since what she did is affecting her husband and their relationship in a negative way, why continue to not tell. His decision to forgive and forget is a bad one. If she get away with it once, she will do it again. Get out before kids come. She can't be trusted.

OverthefallsOverthefallsabout 10 years ago
Okay - I'm on the edge of the cliff with you

Who are we going to push over? The wife that turns out to be a cheater - maybe with a woman or with his golfing buddy Arnie? How many people are in this conspiracy? Jack and his wife? Sounds like Marge knows something. But the Title gives it away. I expect Arnie is going to have a golf club wrapped around his head at the end of part 2 and it's really nice to have a new girlfriend/future wife that can play golf with you. Nice start - bring it home.

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
Forgive her?

I don't know how to forgive her if I don't know what she did. And, of course, I would NEVER forget. She was stupid to ask for him to trust her and he was (And continues to be.) stupid for allowing her to think it was okay. I would never FORBID my wife from doing anything, but I would certainly tell her there would be consequences if she left without telling me what was going on. Next chapter, PLEASE.

cpetecpeteabout 10 years ago
I'm gonna go with BDSM

because of this line in the story after the wife returned home

"..Yup, she thought, I will leave no doubt in his mind that he is my one and only lover."

If author had wife with no lover, than my money is on wife wishing to be a Dom or Sub for the weekend.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago
LTW has used BDSM as a plot device before...

so I don't think its that and the wife stated it was something she wanted to do since she was a girl, which makes any Dom/Sub urges rather unusual. Also, if she was subbing for an entire weekend, I would imagine there being marks on her body or other tell tale evidence. Seeing as how she was planning on having sex Sunday night with hubby, such marks or bruises would be a total give away of her activities.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
she wants trust,how about his trust.

trust is telling him what she did,

green117green117about 10 years ago
Interesting set up - resolution indeterminate

This one is very interesting - it is playing off the Loving Wives mind set quite well. I was snookered into it, which tells me maybe I shouldn't read so many of these things...

Why should she be doing anything wrong? Maybe she wanted to see if her husband trusted her? After all... if there is no trust, then is there a marriage? Snort....

I think she should ebay the classic mustang she got him and call it a bad idea in the first place... or whatever... after all, it is something she wanted to do since she was a little girl... like you know a little girl who intends to cheat on her husband.

This is probably about a guy who destroys his marriage from his lack of trust. But, there is the title... the fourth man, who saves them from the fire?

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Congressman?

This guy acts like our congressional committees. He doesn't ask the right question. She copped to not "screwing" anyone, but he needs to ask if this fantasy involved spending time with another man or woman.

Hope part two gets here soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well written and grabs the attention....but...

The marriage is already 'down the toilet', all it needs is for him to press the button to send it to the sewer.

Even is he suspects she is cheating, there is no trust, with her begging for trust, I assume there is no trust, not being honest and having faith in the husband to share whatever she feels she has to do, tells me there is no trust, the fact that he completely lost control, tells me there is no trust. So 'press the button'. Get a divorce and be done with it. If it is a D/S (capital deliberate) thing, then send her back to the supposed Dom. Let him keep her in whatever 'lifestyle' she would like to have.

3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
My 2 Cents

Whatever she did wouldn't pass the "do it in front of your spouse test" or else she would have told him. Lesbian adventure is a strong possibility. This was not a little girl fantasy as Marge thru Jack said high school. In high school virtually anything goes. Her continued refusal to come clean is especially troublesome. I don't know how he could think to forgive and forget when he has no idea what she did. He needs to investigate. How far did she drive? Did she take a plane? Anything on her cell phone or computer? Trust but verify. She crossed the line.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 10 years ago
good Start

It's great to see you writing again !

paulroverpaulroverabout 10 years ago
Interesting story

Very enjoyable read, with a fresh angle.

Looking forward to next installment

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 10 years ago
Arnie

I hope he was worth it !

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 10 years ago
Arnie

I hope he was worth it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Hmmm

What's really with the missing man from their golfing foursome????

reasonablemanreasonablemanabout 10 years ago
Not voting yet because you didn't indicate it wasn't finished

I read the story because I know you are a great writer and didn't review the comments first. My bad. I have a hard time with the idea that a spouse would ask another for such a thing. She knew before she left that she put her husband in turmoil. She was in turmoil herself when she didn't know what/where her husband was and she wanted answers. She started this why wouldn't she come clean. Honesty could resolve the problem immediately. This problem makes no sense. Even a lesbian affair and her reasons for it would be better than having her husband obsess over what she was up to. I think any spouse would expect some kind of answer to the mystery. I am the reasonable man.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
trust

Trust must go both ways, and it is not the same thing as blind faith.

Trust can be lost, not least by not trusting the other person.

Jennifer does not seem to trust her husband, at least enough to tell him what she is doing.

Untrustworthy people are usually unwilling to trust others.

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 10 years ago
Omg

Omg..... Seriously dear author, you're gonna leave us with this cliffhanger? What fid she do, where and with whom?

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 10 years ago
Good start

Yep, I'm interested in Ch2! Very interested, so 5*! Some irritations are like Habanero peppers ... they hurt a LOT at first, then the pain increases ... then the next iteration hurts a LOT MORE. Sweetie essentially released the equivalent of a dedicated terrorist IED planter. No telling how bad it MIGHT get, but pretty sure it WILL get pretty bad!

Can't be muff-diving with Tara, for reason already explained. One person in two places! Also, doesn't take THAT long, so probably NOT lez. Might be Arnie, but he's also not-at-golf the NEXT week (and Sweetie will be home) so that sounds kinda unlikely! I agree it was short-sighted to not ask in advance if she planned to EVER tell Hubby!

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 10 years ago
A 5* read

Eager for the next chapter/s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Trust is always fragile

I think he made a mistake agreeing to the assignation, whatever it is. A marriage is a wonderful thing, and trust within it is so delicate. Once trust is compromised it is difficult to ever get it back. It is not about love. A good marriage requires both people to keep no secrets, to seek no others, to cleave only to each other. The wife has unfairly discriminated love from trust; love led him to agree, but he cannot control whether or not he trusts. She should have told him what was going on whenever it began. He loved her, but love with compromised trust, especially secrets kept, creates a lesser marriage.

Finish this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
re: Continued...

I really, really, REALLY hate opening a story that doesn't have a chapter # in the title, only to find out it's not a complete story. As far as I'm concerned, it's either out of indifference (the writer doesn't give a fuck about it's own story) or mailice (it's a Fuck You to the readers). After years of putting up with this shit, I decided every time it happens, the story gets an automatic rating of 1.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
RE Chapter numbers

Would you morons get off of it. The writer wrote several times that Literotica deleted the chapter one.

Get over it!! To give this fine story a one for that is wrong regardless if it is the writers fault, or in this case lot's

Although not a 5 star story in.my opinion, I gave it a five to offset these fools.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 10 years ago
The question is

If not some kind of illicit affair,what is there that a spouse couldn't tell the other person about?I realize that is part of the author teasing the reader,for example where she says it wasn't as good as the fantasy,but going to jump out of an airplane or living off the land or ballroom dancing is not something to keep secret...others poinyrd out their spouses travel without them,but that isn't the same thing,because they know what she is doing,you can.go to paris simply to see it,but when you simply say you are going someplace and cant say why or where,that is stretching it to the nth degree,and ken has a reason to worry.Then,if it wasnt sex,why the anal sex?If she did something simply embarassing,why offer up sex?Or the morning blow job?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Same theme

If the story is consistent with earlier versions by this author. The wife has a stupid itch/fantasy, never explained to the husband - in this case spanking/whipping a male. Somehow discussed with others(friends) with Arnie the fourth man sharing this fantasy. " "You know some women are into that." "Into what?" "Whipping their ass," he said with a chuckle. "The husband will find out. Then, a bit of angst, toing and froing with his wife and 'friends' who are all in the know. Eventually will break up with the wife as she has given sexual pleasure to another man. He will then hook up with Tara, the fourth 'man', who is also in to whipping, and happily accept his new role.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 10 years ago
Guesses

1. She wanted to try exotic dancing.

2. Ken ends up cheating with the golfer, then finds out wifey didn't cheat after all.

3. This Arnie guy, the foursome absentee, is involved somehow, maybe helping wifey see what Ken would do when tempted by the sexy stand-in.

I'm close to certain she didn't cheat the conventional way, maybe a lesbian experience?

rvwsrvwsabout 10 years ago
My guess is

"so when she says she wasn't with another man"

She didn't have a liaison with another man, because it was with a woman, The wife is playing on a technicality but she still cheated. Somehow though its going to be made to seem that she did not cheat, because of the same sex thing. But in my world cheating is still cheating, same sex, bi-sex it doesn't matter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Okay...how about everyone backing off.

The comments sound like a pack of wolves bringing down a deer. Yes, I would have said;" No you cant go without some kind of explanation" (and-or) tossed her out or had her followed, which would have been the easiest solution, since he didn't promise not to try and find out what was happening or went on a secret vacation of my own and when I returned, well, I'll show you mine if you show me yours. In any case, my curiosity is aroused and I will wait for the conclusion before I make a decision about whether or not to throw the author to the wolves.

checkaho013checkaho013about 10 years ago
Makings of a good story

The reason we read LW stories is simple they stir up emotions.

checkaho013checkaho013about 10 years ago
laptopwriter

Hurry I want to read more

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 10 years ago
The Weekend !

My guess is that the wife's friend Marge knows what the secret is. Perhaps the wife did sleep with any men and it may be a woman, or even a slave / Dom to a woman !

I also think Jack is on the game as he had sure the husband would be playing golf and introduced him to Tara !

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 10 years ago
rather contrived... WANT is NOT the same as NEED ..

In the very first page was obvious question should be Asked and it never is. We have all been away on a business trip for conference or a trade show or or symposium .... When something happens and we get a call from home . One of the kids has the flu.. The house next door caught on fire. My sister was in a car accident.

Shit happens. All the time. And sometimes it is serious.

The failure of the husband to ask even the most basic obvious question...

" suppose something happens and I need tor each you?".

The fact that that very basic and obvious question never comes up with the story is just bizarre. It is so badly done it's laughable .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
re: for someone to rate a story a 1 based purely for that is nothing more than bullshit

Fine. You want people to shit all over you? You want to be their bitch? That’s your problem.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
re: re: for someone to rate a story a 1 based purely for that is nothing more than bullshit

Just in case anyone was assuming this, when I posted this comment, I did NOT rate it 1 again. In fact, since laptopwriter stated it was the site's fault, I rated it a 5 to give at least some balance. (I don't read comments until after I read/comment on a story, so that statement was not apparent until after I sent the message.)

<P>

If you're wondering how I can post multiple anonymous comments & ratings, Literotica monitors ratings & comments by IP address, I use onion routing, so it appears I have a different IP address everytime I come here.

JounarJounarabout 10 years ago

@anon

If you seriously feel that something so fucking trivial as an author leaving out the "chapter 1" in a stories title that they gave for FREE, on a FREE website that doesn't even require you to take time to register to access it, makes you feel your being shit on and someone's bitch, then I really, really hope you go and seek the help you need.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
You are an A--

Since you are such a pathetic writer as to waste everyone's time by not completing a story, I (and I ask all others to do the same) will never read another story by this author again

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 10 years agoAuthor
@ anon- I'm getting a little tired of explaining that it was Literotica and not me...

who failed to include the, "Chapter One," that I had included at the time I submitted this story, but at least the others were smart enough to realize..."to be continued," meant the story was NOT complete.

If you took the time, you would have seen my post directly under the story commenting on the mistake. It was written as soon as I saw the story appear without the full title.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
re: @ anon- I'm getting a little tired of explaining that it was Literotica and not me...

If you had bothered reading the updated comment I ACKNOWLEDGED THAT AND GAVE A SECOND RATING OF 5! What part of this don’t YOU get?

<P>

I realized that "to be continued” meant it wasn’t a complete story. That was the point. A warning that is given AFTER opening a story isn’t worth jack shit.

<P>

As for “If you took the time, you would have seen my post directly under the story…” Comments at the very end of the story are posted in reverse chronological order so the most recent ones appear first. Your comment did not appear until you click on the “Show more comments” link. There is no logical reason to click on that link to see other comments before makes one’s own comment. Therefore, there was NO reason to see your apology. None.

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartabout 10 years ago
IMHO

This marriage should have been "all over but the cryin" as soon as she refused to let him know why she was going, and to do what. Secrets tear marriages up, and she has destroyed this one. Ken is a moron for even considering forgiving her until she can PROVE she wasn't cheating during her weekend.

I'm now on to read ch 02. I'll rate all three when I am done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Just like Lucy and the football

"TRUST ME. Come on Charlie Brown, I won't pull the football away." Then you know she does. So who's stupid and who's the scheming sneak?

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Trust is earned - AND must be kept -

You can break a trust by stretching it too far without reason - abusing it because you can will destroy it, she came close.

With no more information than was given - it is unlikely most people would simply say fine and forget about it - most would wonder if not worry. Many would think too hard on it and come up with bad things. Many would find ways to prove the thigs they were worrying about were true or false.

TRUST is fragile - especially when it is challenged - doing this to someone you say you love is cruel at least and unacceptable at worst - he is not wrong - she is.

Can it be worked out - of course - truth would help - hopefully - acceptance and forgiveness will be required no matter what - good luck -

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
OhYeah -

Got 2 paragraphs into Chapt 2 and -

If it was a woman no difference BTW the language has been very specific about it not being a man -

If the title is supposed to help and if she turns out to be Tara - umm weird and no help either LOL

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Hmmm

I've been married 36 years to a woman who has never so much as given a second glance to another man. But if she said she needed to disappear for a weekend to live out a fantasy that she couldn't tell me about and refused to discuss it with me, lets just say the locks would be changed and her key wouldn't work when she got home.

She didn't have a hymen when we married, so I was well aware I was buying a used model. But if she disappeared to live out a fantasy? How do I know someone else wasn't in the saddle during that time?

Nope, wouldn't happen. But great writing!

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Only On Page One, But...

I'm calling BULLSHIT on this one.

There is only ONE reason for a wife to want to go off for the weekend without telling her husband why, and that's because she's going to another man.

He should insist on ONE condition. She has to swear to him that that is NOT the reason. He's not asking a question, he's asking her to make a positive statement.

She will presumably say it's not another man. Hopefully that's true, otherwise she's a lying cunt and hopefully he gets to BTB!

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Okay

I finished this chapter, and for the moment I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she didn't cheat.

But why doesn't SHE trust HIM enough to tell him what this "fantasy" was all about?

Trust has to go both ways.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Waste of time

Three chapters to find out she cheated with a woman and then he takes her back after minimal counselling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
zzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
while dear annony asshole sleeps I gave it a 5

love the story pay no attention to the asshole annony who cant spell his name so he doesn't give it

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amusing....

Think I have done my bit by reading two stories by laptopwriter.

maddictmaddictover 9 years ago
If you have to ask you can't. Oh that's about money

I haven't figured out the need for secrecy. Uncertainty would be very distracting.

Being married for eight years isn't all that long.I have my doubts to.

RedPillRedPillalmost 9 years ago
He blew it right at the start ...

"Honey, do you trust me; I mean really trust me?" Oh, by the way, I want to do something all weekend and keep it secret from you.

Instead of engaging in a debate with her, the answer should have been: "No, I don't trust you. I used to, but that was before you wanted to start keeping secrets from me." When your spouse wants to start keeping things from you, goodbye trust. He should have further told her to not go, and if she went anyway, there would be negative consequences.

No transparency, no trust. No trust, marriage on life support.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
Thoughts

If she’s not going to be doing anything untrustworthy, why can’t she tell him what she’s going to be doing?

He should also tell her that if he EVER find out that she did the SMALLEST thing to betray is trust that they were THROUGH, with ZERO chance at reconciliation.

“I know she won't cheat on me.” – Of COURSE she’s going to cheat on him! What else could a wife be doing that she won’t tell her husband about?

"Oh God I hope I haven't ruined my marriage," – A little late for THAT concern, don’t you think?

How can she claim to not realize how hurt he would be? He made it VERY clear how hurt he already WAS!

"Honest, Ken, you have to believe me." – How can he believe you when you won’t TELL him anything?

I think this has been said, but how about another WOman? All that she has said was that it wasn't another MAN! And why couldn't she admit that to him, that she had a fantasy about lesbian sex, and this was her opportunity to try it?

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 9 years ago
I Wish I Had Read The Whole Thing Before Scoring!

I originally gave this 4 stars, but after reading the whole thing I would lower the score!

HE should tell HER that SHE should trust HIM enough to understand what she was going to do!

He should tell her that if she doesn't tell him what's going on, that he will not allow her to go, and if she goes that their marriage is over.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Re-Reading

I can only repeat my second comment from 6/21/15, that SHE must trust HIM enough to tell him what she is going to be doing, and if not she either can’t go, or he will be gone when she gets back!

“What I did had been a fantasy of mine since I was a young girl. It was something I had to do. I just can't tell you what it was.” – Why the FUCK not? She can’t trust him to tell him her girlhood fantasy, but he is supposed to blindly trust her?!

“You agreed not to ask questions,” – He didn’t actually AGREE not to ask questions, she basically refused to answer any.

"Honest, Ken, you have to believe me." – He doesn’t HAVE to do ANYTHING! If she wants him to believe her, she can start by telling him EVERY SINGLE THING that she did!

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
What If HE Asked For The Same Thing?

She thought for a second then answered, "Well, just like you, I wouldn't like it. I'd wonder why you couldn't tell me what you'd be doing, but I would figure whatever it was, it must be very important to you or you wouldn't ask. I'd also know that you love me very much and would never do anything to hurt me, so yes, I would trust you."

S-U-U-U-R-E, it's easy to say that NOW, when it's the answer YOU want from him, but in a neutral situation there is NO WAY she would trust him!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I would have told her

"You have called into doubt ALL of my trust for you. So I must have the answer, right now, to ONE question.

Close your eyes and imagine that you go off this weekend and do whatever it is you feel so strongly about that you are willing to make such a request. Picture it in detail. Can you see how it will happen ?

But now, imagine that from the moment you left until the moment you came back, there was someone accompanying you with a video camera, recording in glorious color and THX-certified sound, everything that you do and say, and everything that everyone around you does and says. It's ALL recorded, every single moment, in perfect detail.

And 48 hours after you return, the door opens and that person turns that recording over to me. Can you see that ? Now picture that I watch every moment of it. Close your eyes, and imagine me in the living room, and I'm watching on the 60 inch TV with the sound turned up so I can hear everything.

Do you have that image? So, now let's see how well you trust ME. Open your eyes. Look me in the eye, dear wife, and without telling me what you are planning, you WILL tell me how I would feeling and how I would reaxt to what I would see and hear ?

And no, you don't get to NOT answer that question, here and now, or our lawyers will be talking in the immediate future. ANSWER THE QUESTION NOW! HOW WOULD I FEEL ABOUT WHAT YOU DID ?"

See, I'd trust her -- I wouldn't need to know WHAT she planned. But she has to trust me by considering, and by telling me truthfully, how I would react if I knew.

Of course, if more people thought about the consequences, there might be less dishonesty in this world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Don't bother reading further

Don't bother reading further, the story goes the full cheat, lie, discovery, pregnancy, shitbag who-needs-enemies friends railroading, complete personality reversal, RAAC circle.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 8 years ago
Look at the wording

I didn't sleep with another man. Which indicates some girl time. In which case why not say. I have cauget up with Jill from junior high and she has invited me shopping in new york for the weekend.

No suspicions, just go have fun. Problem solved.

Tim413413Tim413413over 8 years ago
Off to

a strange start. How is Tara going to figure into all of this? Did we need the Hilton Head tag in this chap?

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
ELEMENTS OF DOUBT

throws monkey wrenches into the well oiled machine. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through....

Still five stars. Given the ending, her explanation for hubby is an odd choice.

horny_gurl55horny_gurl55about 8 years ago
stupid

another stupid cuckold hubby

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Anonymous 02/14/14 Re: Hypocrisy

It's a FAR cry from a little flirting on the golf course to going away for a mystery weekend!

Eros_ReaderEros_Readeralmost 8 years ago
Fantastic

One of the most exciting stories I've ever read. I can't wait for chapter 2. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Cheers

MullendersMullendersalmost 8 years ago

before i read further then the third paragraf i would just like to point out that this intire story could have been avoided be the simple qeustion sure i trust you but why dont yo trust me enough to tell me what you are up to problem solved

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another selfish person

She manipulated him into a corner and then basically forced him into giving her a blank check. You don't do that to someone you love.

My guess is that she slept with a woman. She denied sleeping with a man but said nothing about a woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
regardless of what she did

this part should have ended in divorce .

she is keeping secrets and intentionally rubbing that fact in his face .

divorce .

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous