All Comments on 'The French Exit'

by Patrickson

Sort by:
  • 487 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very Jewish, what F=en rummy would let his wife totalitarian rule their entire vacation/ he seems a little simple minded / the first day my wife choice my food I would have thrown it at her/ and too not share her meal (That's not how a marriage works,) hell we eat off each other plate, what type of marriage does he have, a submissive male and he brags about his abilities to survive and then Phone a female friend to complain about his inexcusable denial ( One hell of a new man so liberal) a simpleton and dip/shit weasel no shame no pride no back bone what the hell is this love shit something he wipes his ass with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

nice story but it could have been said in 3 or 4 pages,,, read like a russian novel droning on and one, 3 stars

maninconnmaninconnover 2 years ago
Long story

It was very interesting, the idea that a resort existed to facilitate swinging and concealing that fact from the black rings. Bravo for a fresh idea. You did tend to re-hash plot points though, and this could easily be half the length without the story losing anything. In fact, I almost stopped reading during the first page because of it. Glad I didn’t!

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

terrific first story..I see some lit classics in your furure :)

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzyover 2 years ago

A fun story, but a bit long, lots of fun plot twists but too many drawn out details on unimportant aspects. Wearing a cage made him an instant cuck and weak in many people’s eyes, including mine. When he was first informed he was a second class citizen at the resort he should have caught the next plane back and divorced the crazy bitch.

SeuratSeuratover 2 years ago

Nice first piece.

The bad:

(1) The characters. I had problems with the characters being American but speaking with British grammar (going on holiday, sewerage, 15 stone, etc.) when you could have just made them British. The attempt at making Lu a southern belle didn't work. It was a little too obvious who the bad guys were because they were all bad with no redeeming faculties (except Lu). I half expected Donald to twist his wiry moustache and say "Bwuhahaha!". Plausible motivations would be good, especially for a wife who is not stupid or gullible.

(2) The plot. Remember the rule of Chekov's gun: don't bring it up if it isn't going to be part of the story (paraphrased, but you get the meaning). You mention the rings and what they mean as to how people are treated, but don't explain WHY the people are treated that way (unless I missed it; it was 14 pages, after all). Why have the golds make all the decisions about the food? Was it supposed to be some reward system, or just to show control? And why make the disparity in the quality so obvious, with the golds brushing it off? What was the point of the cock cages? So wives wouldn't be able to have sex with husbands, to be sure, but it isn't really made clear why the resort requires it. Biggest glitch there was making such a big point of the boxing career, a factor which I think is a bit overused nowadays, but it this case there is only a single punch thrown. The conclusion was a bit lacking on the retribution/explanation scale. I don't expert her to pine away after a lost love when she has been screwing Donald for months, and the explanation that she was about to stop rang false after the way she treated the hero at the resort. Donald, Sarah, and the submissive husband got off pretty clean, all things considered. He is no worse off than the hero: divorced. And he suffered none of the humiliation that the hero went through. On a few occasions characters reiterate plot elements.

(3) The writing. Cutting this into more digestible chunks would have been better; the setup (ending with his call to Snoops where he reveals he is getting played), the confrontation (ending with him leaving the island) and the conclusion, which could have used some elaboration. British grammar doesn't work on an American story, and there was nothing here that wouldn't have worked if this was a story with British characters. There are a few occasions where the speaker is difficult to determine.

The good:

(1) The characters. Protagonist was engaging and not overwhelmingly smart or stupid. He wasn't the super spy or military man or anything like that (see boxer, above) so he was a little more believable. I liked that he was aware that he was being played. The flashback scene supported the character development. An explanation from the wife, which fit the character, would have gone far, but she was good as the dupe.

(2) The plot. A bit contrived but overall fitting with much of what is in Loving Wives without going too far. Engaging enough that I read through all 14 pages.

(3) The writing. Well written with no truly distracting spelling or grammatical problems. Conversations realistic.

In all, a good effort. I'd like to see more of your stories.

groaningbumpgroaningbumpover 2 years ago

This was a great story, not just erotica. I really enjoyed it. I hope the author plans on contributing more works in the future.

KirkelKirkelover 2 years ago

This needs more! Some follow up on their relationship, back story on family shown at the end, Ali and of coarse then messing with Donald!

How in shit all would I allow some contraption like that happen to be placed on my Dick! No reason in hell is there a convincing rational argument except control and cheating. As if she thought he’d cheat, which would have been the end . Even the 2nd reason for divorce after the cheating earlier in life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The best part of the story is the story isn't actually about the sex: it's more about the story of realisation, flipping over the rock, and watching the bugs scurry away. Then, moving on with life.

Alice being back with her parents and going to therapy is all the closure needed for her. I'd rather see what happens with Sal and Lucienne. (And "Snoopy") And, how often Sal brings Luce to Marias.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really good but the whole cock cage thing was just too hard to believe. Unless the guy is really into it which your character wasnt. No guy is going to go thru airport security wearing one. No guy would wear one for two weeks on vacation. Your character was a straight red blooded male yet he resigns himself to no sex with his wife for two weeks? Do mid thirty married couples even go one week without? So alcohol and cute woman in bikinis have zero effect on his libido? That thread was just too much and could easily been written out without changing the story very much. Just to drive my point home, imagine you are on vacation unpacking your luggage when your spouse says "Ive decide this is going to be a no sex vacation". How pissed would you be? Yet our hero just rolls over and says "whatever".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Texas does not have "village", small towns yes.

d119b63d119b63over 2 years ago
Great story

Excellent story, very well written. The length was fine. Ignore the trolls that infest the Loving Wives category, and please continue to write.

As others noted, British English in a native New Yorker context is slightly off putting. Just a few changes would have helped. Weight is measured in pounds, not "stone". The currency is dollars not pounds. A "vacation" not a "holiday". "favor" not "favour". "different than" not "different to". "While" not "Whilst". A few other things.

Many thanks again for an very enjoyable tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A well written story and as first time story, I gave it a bonus star because I'd like to see more stories from you. That said, it's a story that uses many LW cliches.

/

The wife is as dumb as a box of rocks and has the survival instincts of a dodo. Even before the trip, how could she not realize this would be a bad idea to have separate excursions. They see each other on weekends so I assume the only time they get to spend weeks together. Why wouldn't Alice expect Sal to NOT be upset by this? Then she ignores his repeatedly expressed frustration, his conversation about cheaters, and his final plea to have her stay after he makes it clear what will happen if she doesn't.

/

Why was the purpose of the final plea for her to stay? He'd already made decision to divorce her. What would have happened had she chosen to stay with Sal and skip the orgy? It's a device used by writers to to male the protagonist on the highest of moral ground. I'd like to read a story where the wife actually takes the final warning to heart then see where that story would go.

/

Of course the MC is a boxer. At least he wasn't a former Navy Seal.

/

The husband quickly finds a replacement while the wife becomes emotionally distraught and lives with her parents who knew about the affair.

/

Wife sees a big cock and just has to have it.

/

About the only thin missing was an alienation of affection lawsuit and suing the resort and walking away with millions.

/

Again, for what it is, it was well done and kept me reading. Hope to see more from you.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXover 2 years ago

Intriguing story. You do have to read the whole thing to understand Sal's journey to enlightenment or realizing he was a twat, but reclaimed his balls. The first part of the story with Sal being cluless was a bit too much. Especially with the fact that he was a investigative photographer for the NYT. Alarm bells should have been screaming in his head once he got to the resort. Then again love can make you stupid. I can see the beginning turning off a lot of readers, including me. Boy I really hated it. But I endured and continued reading and glad I did. The story turned to better after he figured it out, but it was painful to that point. It was effective though and needed. There were many parts I liked in the second half of the story. I liked the part when the group met for drinks and Sal explained the difference between swingers and cheaters. I couldn't agree more. I have nothing nice to say about Alice or her group of Cunts. Over all it was good story telling. 4 stars almost 5

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 2 years ago

HARD TO BELIEVE THIS WAS YOUR FIRST TRY. SURE, YOU MADE SOME MISTAKES BUT YOU SURE KEPT ME INTERESTED. ONE CONSTRUCTIVE COMMENT--I ONCE WAS TOLD THAT WHEN I FINISH A STORY TRY TO CUT 25% OF THE WORDS BEFORE SUBMITTING. GOTTA ADMIT I NEVER QUITE MANAGE THAT, BUT IT'S PROBABLY GOOD TARGET FOR BOTH OF US.

THANKS FOR AN ENJOYABLE FREE READ. CD

FaceForRadioFaceForRadioover 2 years ago

Gave it a “4” for a good first effort.

Pros:

Liked Sal. You captured the essence of a rough and tumble Italian-American kid who made good.

I always enjoy a cycled guy getting revenge in the end, especially smart, non lethal revenge.

Cons:

Cuck cage is over the top! Impossible to have a chastity cage locked in place and not think something is up. A guy like Sal would have told Alice in no uncertain terms unless the cage comes off, I’m not going on the “vacation.” I don’t think he would have made it that far anyway; it would have set off every bell and alarm at TSA checkpoint.

It takes Sal too long to wise up at the resort. “Let’s see, I’m locked in a cuck cage, my wife is disappearing for her own activities and is having little to do with me, and I’m practically being fed table scraps. Could something be wrong here?”

The resort is an unrealistic cross between the Hedonism Resort and the Hotel California (with some Stalag 13 thrown in.)

Story needs:

Sal to use his Golden Glove skills on Donald.

Alice needs the same talking to that the in-laws got, times 10000. This could be in an epilogue some years later. She also needed her career ruined and instead of getting to run home to the parents, the family turns it’s back on her.

Edit out the UK phrases since the story takes place in NYC with American characters.

A fun read, looking forward to more imaginative tales from you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

They're going to have this fantastic vacation together for two weeks and he's wearing a cock cage the entire time? Seriously? This needs some really serious effort to sell.

And then the black ring/gold ring crap? And the separation each day? The moment that became clear he should have been on a plane home. How could she have possibly explained it the very first day?

We're told he has moves. To have gotten even one day into that nightmare he must have lacked brains or balls.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 2 years ago

The whole set up before the resort and during does not match the school of hard knocks attitude that the MC Carrie’s around with him. That ruined the rest of a well written story

BumskimanBumskimanover 2 years ago

Liked the story overall. Way too much British sayings, jargon, etc. to sell as New York.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

When you have a serious look at what you were trying to portray with this story, a big bright light bulb should flash over your head and you shout " Eureka " this shite is about a " FETISH " There is no - " Loving Wife " at all ... Wow look at that there’s is a fucking Category on this site called

FETISH . 1 star as you cant vote 0

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

I've down-graded this story since I first read it. It DID suck me in and make me suspend my disbelief, but on further reflection, it simply took too much.

\

In no particular order:

\

Go to the manager, insist that as a paying customer that he insists on an upgrade to Gold. I'm assuming that there was no discount for half of the couple not getting full services.

\

Insist that the wife order for him from the Gold menu. Failing that, give him HER food, or share it.

\

Insist that she take him to the spa, etc.

\

There may be more, but you get my drift. Failure to comply will result in him leaving. I don't see how the threat of kicking him out carries any weight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing...

Fantastic read, very entertaining, however I Really missed the confrontation 4+

payenbrantpayenbrantover 2 years ago

Your first story here Patrickson? Well....pleased to have you here! A little slow at parts but even in the slower parts you were laying a good foundation. Found it to be an enjoyable read with no typical characters one would expect to see. For your firat time out and for the quality of the writing I give you 5 stars and hope to read more in the future.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

straightshooter1958straightshooter1958over 2 years ago

Great FIRST story! Ignore the Anons but listen to the Constructive Critics, i.e.signed comments. Looking forward to more of your work!

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 2 years ago

I can't believe I actually waded through 14 pages of that crap. I must be losing it. It's also not worth the time to offer a lengthy analysis of the story. The writing style isn't bad, but of my four major criteria of excellence in writing (plot, character development, grammar and style, and dialog) I can't think of anything except style which has anything to admire. 2* for effort, but I'm sure the author has better things to do with his/her time than write this nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I just couldn't read it! I was so full of minutia. I just skipped to the end. I gave it a "1" because it was so hopelessly unbelievable and unrealistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not very believable. **

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

Seurat, the dominant partners got the Gold rings to indicate status and control. The resort required it because the cuckolding partners who booked the vacations wanted it, though as some have noted, why didn't the non-Gold wives have chastity belts?

\

@Anonymous, yes, the food thing was ridiculous! I would have just reached over, grabbed her plate, and scraped half onto my plate - what are they going to do, arrest me?

\

@franceman, I also questioned his need for the photo evidence, then realized it was for the expose story he was writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Read the first page. Then saw 13 more pages so I quit reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Got to love Whackadoodle, always their with some useless comment to cheer on his Vicky desires. In France it maybe a crime to damage property but their plan n an island away from the mainland. A private ‘swinger’ resort where you have to be recommended to gain access.

Their hardly going to report signs meeting me breaking a door down as they wouldn’t want the police showing up.

Maybe France is different than here in the Uk, you would never get the police to turn out for anything short of a major crime.

Also, the hotel have his clothes and property inside and refuse to let him have access. That’s also a crime.

Don’t be a dunce boy. Your cage is stifling your blood flow to your brain :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

keep these stories coming i really enjoyed it and would like to read more of the same

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Well

I think the story has promise, but the British speak for Italian Americans is distracting. The funniest British usage was when MC said it would be "lovely" to win the Pulitzer Prize. Unless the guy was a choreographer, a heterosexual Italian New York male would bite his tongue off and throw it in a blender if he ever thought about using that word let alone say it.

I would recommend to the author to stick with what he knows. He knows British English so it would be best to have his characters be British or at least British speaking. Hell, there's no way I could write a British character. I would butcher the language badly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Technically, a cuckold is a male whose spouse has cheated on him (denotation), but connotatively, especially on here in Loving Wives, a cuckold is someone who accepts their wife cheating. Using this definition, Reuben is a cuck; Sal is not. Thanks for not making this a cuck story.

The story isn't perfect (which ones are?), I gave it 5*s. Although this is your first story on here, you left the impression with me that you've been writing for a long time. It was a great idea making Sal a reporter, so even though he would have liked to have left the island as soon as he discovered his wife was cheating, he had to stay to get the story, Also, great idea to have Lucienne meet Sal after the divorces, so she could fill him in on the pain in Alice's life, allowing him to walk away without speaking to her, thereby giving her the figurative middle finger.

One of the problems I had was why would you choose to make Sal so short? He could've been normal-sized and the interplay with he, Donald, and Reuben wouldn't have suffered (as a writer, you need a reason to have him stand out in that way.)

As someone else mentioned, I would have liked to see Donald get his deserved pain. As it is, you have him barely wounded by his divorce and loss of business. The story would've been more successful if Donald had been destroyed when Lucienne divorced him, or it would've been easy for Donald to surprise Sal somewhere, planning on extracting his pound of flesh, and Donald destroys him physically.

Still, it was a great story. Hope to read more of your stuff.

DearfieldDearfieldover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed your first story, minor mistakes you made BWTF,keep writing

juanwildonejuanwildoneover 2 years ago

Good story - great first effort. Hope you continue to write and post here.

I am NOT an editor and no one here would ever try to say otherwise. But since it’s your first, I’ll mention a few things.

Man, you just dropped us right in it, I kept reading but you didn’t make it easy. For a guy who came up hard and works for the NYT he sure was clueless. I noticed you never gave the resort a name, yet he knew it cost a bucket load to cash to attend. A very far stretch indeed. Then we find out he’s been wearing ‘cock cage’ for six months! And agreed to a two vacation still wearing it! Flying home, divorce a certainty, and now it’s time for the relationship review? And it’s not just the sister in on the scram, the MIL and FIL knew all about! Yikes. And I’m not even going to explore the wacko dynamic of Ms Frost.

Still - a good firstie - hope to see more

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I thought he was going to do the Letterkenny Leave.

------

Why were the black and pink ring men required to wear chastity devices, but not the black and pink ring women?

-------

Lucienne had a black ring. When was she told about the resort setup? She obviously was at some point. When and why?

-------

Sal thinks Lucienne is an informant, but tells her every detail of his "moves" including his secret cell phone and his plans to use the New York Times resources to expose the resort? Does that make sense?

-------

Why doesn't Sal get the cock cage removed the first time he goes into town?

-------

How did Alice's parents discover her affair? What was their reaction? Why did they choose not to tell Sal?

-------

Cut the extended section on how Sal and Alice met. You can summarize it in two or three paragraphs:. They ran into each other at several weddings. It became a bit of a running gag between them. Finally, Alice was at one held in Manhattan. She, and the rest of the wedding party, was staying at the Grand Central Hilton the night of the wedding, before taking the subway home the next day. She and Sal meet at Cafe Grumpy before her departure. From that meeting the relationship quickly grew. See, that was easy. I condensed a page worth of material into one paragraph and added actual NYC color to it.

-------

Cut the entire Alice cheats while dating section. It undermines the shock of Alice's actions and makes Sal look stupid for not being more suspicious of her behavior.

-------

Do Brits actually say, "No road," as an expression of incredulity? Americans say, "No way."

--------

Last piece of advice. Write everything down. Then cut, cut, cut. Set the story aside for a few weeks. The holes will jump out at you. Fill those holes, then look for more waste to cut. Take your time. You have skills. I'm looking forward to your next effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You have received a few hit about the head that is for sure. And to be sure unjustified, your story your characters, they can be as trusting as you like.

Fiction is just that, maybe a few folk around here need to sit back and just enjoy the story rather than pick it apart, if only realistic works were submitted we would have read them all by now.

Only real complaint is editing, hint do not rely on mircosoft-cock to do it for you you will need a beta read or seven who actually read the words and can spell English (American , British, Irish or whatever - but English at least.)

My only other beef is at the site for not having a once published editing tool so you authors can fix the errors to make more enjoyable reading for those following.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a Gem of a story ,pretty long now a finish please.does he or doesn’t he marry lucienne and live a happy live with kids driving you to drink???

alex_crossalex_crossover 2 years ago

Great story! I am a fan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I could accept most of the improbabilities, but not the vague non-ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was ok. There is a continuity issue. The story is set in the US with American characters. Weight should not be in stones and money is not in pounds. There is also a believability problem . Sal is a bit naive for an Italian-American that is a high level boxer.

Richie4110Richie4110over 2 years ago

Compelling, dramatic, thorough, and professional. I couldn’t put it down. I hated for it to end. I hope there is a chapter two.

Thanks for a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This could have been such a great story but first you need to get an editor whose first language is English and then also have a proof-reader. Example, the last three sentences of the story. You are talking with Lucienne and then you are talking with Snoopy for the last two. Most of the writing of this story seems like it was done by a 10-year-old who was writing his homework out on the bus on his way into School to turn in for credit. Because the story line and planning of it was great, I gave the story a 3 but it could have been way higher.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The background you gave for your MC character doesn't seem to match the man you write about at the resort. He wouldn't have put up with the cock cage or anything that happened at the resort for a New York minute.

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

The problems with the story have been addressed by others so I will just say it's a good story, well written, and thanks for sharing.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

@Anonymous Re: Cuckold - That's why many of us use "cuck" to differentiate the two. Both Sal and Reuben are cuckolds, because their wives fuck other men, but only Reuben is a cuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Welcome to the site. I hope to see more offerings from you in the future. I enjoyed this one. You might think of shorting it a bit in the future and giving it a second reading for the story flow. A 5* altogether though from me. Thanks for sharing.

patilliepatillieover 2 years ago

Nice job, good story I was compelled to get thru to see how it ended, or landed as you say many times iwthin. I will say the use of English terms was off-putting. Landed, pounds, whilst, etc. These are Americans so the written expression of what they say should relfect that. Also got a bit wordy, but not overly so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Speech Marks

Please start using proper double speech marks.

It is a pain to read when you use apostrophes for everything rather than proper " ".

Makes everything feel like it's stream of consciousness with no clear line between speech and descriptive text.

Breaks the immersion a lot.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 2 years ago

One plothole if Lucienne knew about the swinging, why didn't she have a pink ring?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really great work for a first story

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

@sbrooks103x,

If everything in the story changed to how you would have them, there would be no story. And since it is not your story I dont see how you can justify even bringing up your pointless points.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 2 years ago

Nicely told. 5* but it's obvious you are like me a Brit, or perhaps from another Commonwealth country as your story was set in the USA, but used British/Commonwealth terms. But that's a minor quibble. Good job!

FredHuckFredHuckover 2 years ago

The story was well written and easy to follow... It is one of the better stories I read on here...

The only downside is the ending!

It was like Cutting off Hot Water to a Cold Dripp!!!

I hope you will consider writing another chapter with a good update on how things turn out for the main characters.

5🌟s

FH

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Wow!!! For a first story here you wrote a brilliant one. I couldn’t put it down. Just fucking brilliant!!!!!

I hope your next one can be just as good. I can’t wait to see it. I’m Aussie so the terminology used worked for me. The yanks might it a bit differently, but not much so, the story speaks for itself after all.

Scores a well deserved 5/5. Wish l could rate it higher.

lonelyinbkklonelyinbkkover 2 years ago

I think it's called a 'French leave' not 'exit'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very well done. The long form suits you, and if I have any criticism, it would be that some of the transitions are a little jumpy, so creating expository passages would only help. I think you could manage a full-length novel. If this is a first effort (as opposed to first time on the site,) you have a good future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

While I would have enjoyed the final showdown with Alice totally ignoring and refusing to talk to her was probably the most devastating thing Sal could do to her. Woman seem to have this insane need to explain their actions and why they did it. Really enjoyed your story.

Lord_LoudpantsLord_Loudpantsover 2 years ago

You lost me at taking the cock cage on vacation. Actually you lost me at the cock cage. In general the premise was so preposterous it stripped the story and the characters of any dramatic tension or possibility of empathy. I could not be drawn into a situation that ludicrous. Well written though. Thanks for posting!

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 2 years ago

I kinda wondered earlier on whether Snoopy would the one he ended up with.

The ending was left a bit too vague for my taste regarding what actually ended up happening with Lucienne.

elitaddictelitaddictover 2 years ago

Absolutely amazing. I mean some consider the cage to be terrible, but I mean it was done with the intention of spicing up your love life. Seriously, what wouldn’t you do for the sake of love. I love the character development. The ending, perfect. Even the cliche of having her already cheated once during her college years was well done. It made me sympathetic to why he decided to take her back.

ChastisedmaleChastisedmaleover 2 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story. The character build was good, and the underlying thought of everyone to there own, as long as honesty is respected is admirable.

Unfortunately as with ALL stories involving chastity cages, they are at the end of the day-unless you are very serious- sex toys.

You dont need a pair of bolt cutters to escape, a cold day when the testicles retract into the body is enough to free the retaining ring and therefore be 'free'.

That said 5 stars tor your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was an amazing story, a real tour de force. It was emotional, real, human, and compelling. I did think the premise was sketchy, but was willing to go along for the sake of the story. Your strength is the dialog and the characterization. There were some real inconsistencies between the Sal preportedly being from New York in America and speaking as someone from Britain. Caused a little whiplash for me. Why not just have them be from London?

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Very good story. Loved the plot and actions of the MC. If I wanted to critique it would be excess dialogue, sort of "selling past the close" as sales pros say. That's minor though this is most definitely a 5* effort.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Good story but I'm left curious about several characters and the course of events.

Weird but good read.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

She cheated for months before the trip, he never suspected? A cock cage? He had to know he was being cucked or he was an idiot. Then he hooks up with guy's wife who was cucking him? Nope. Sal was not a sympathetic character. Seemed like there were no consequences for Alice or her disgusting parents, all of whom were beyond redemption right from the onset. Can't believe I read the whole thing, and sorry I did.

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 2 years ago

New Yorkers don’t “Tuck in.” They “Dig in.”

prkinprkinover 2 years ago

I liked it. A bit long, but there are parts that I just loved.

I do think a serial with Alice's POV.

Hope to read more from you.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

My comments are that of a reader not a writer. If ever a story required another chapter it is this one, you have too many open ends, Sam needs to physically clean up Donald, he also needs to be decisive in his future romance, April’s story needs expansion to some sort of resolution as does Sams.

The story is very emotional and well written, there are some editorial problems and some construction problems (big difference between stone and pound or kilo) having said that I really enjoyed it and will follow any future works with great anticipation

Highway69_50Highway69_50over 2 years ago

Great story, I couldn't stop reading it. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestover 2 years ago

I liked parts of it. didn't much care for him simply getting out of their without extracting a metaphorical pound of flesh, though obviously he got something with the article. I'd just really would have liked to see a confrontation, but oh well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

15 STONE? She lost FIFTEEN STONE? Do you know what a stone of weight is, or are you just chucking English words out?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yes, she lost 15 stone. Her ex husband apparently weighed 210lbs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yes...15 stone as in divorced a 15 stone lump.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Let's say the NYT actually practiced a little 'journalistic integrity'. I know, it's a stretch, but humor me. A journalist cannot write a story that they are a part of. There's a phrase for that and it has been forgotten by outlets like the NYT, but I'm sure not even they would publish the story he wrote about a resort and its antics, when he was a recipient of said antics. Other than that, it was a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

NYT? NYC? Terrible paper worse city. Gad…. NYT is just leftist propaganda and wouldn’t condemn the resort. They’d think it was great.

JackallsJackallsover 2 years ago

Apart from some minor flaws a good story. But far too long. Too many reiterations. Gould have been done in 6 pages.

Kraven1Kraven1over 2 years ago

Excellent story. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I truly hope you write more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awesome!

I was beginning to lose faith in the LW section, but you have restored my interest. This is an awesome story on every level. The best story for a very long time, by far, and to cut out an original plot, where so many LW authors have previously trodden really is a notable achievement.

It took me a couple of pages to get into the dialogue and characters, but I'm pleased that I stuck with it as the plot developed.

Thank you for producing such an intellegent piece of writing. Six stars!

jakie1jakie1over 2 years ago

Thank You, excellent writing and a very nice story, hope to see more soon!

LeontheKingLeontheKingover 2 years ago

Wouldn't the resort have taken his passport?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Got to "cock cage" and stopped reading. POS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I nearly stopped at the cock cage as well but thankfully I kept going. Really good 5 star story. Please write a lot more. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For me it was too quick an ending, I would have liked more chapters, maybe with the plot following a series of articles published in the paper each with more damaging photos and revelations, also the in-laws needed some form of payback, but still a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It was a really good story and we'll told. But, the ending was a little too abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story demands a sequel. Then a British Exit, Irish Exit, etc. Well done... much kudos. It got me thinking of my time with my first wife on Cyrpus in the late 1980s before things went south. She was the wild and duplicitous grand-daughter of a notable White Russian family from Odessa, Ukraine. There are real Alice-types out there, but not quite that over-the-top. I have contemplated writing it as "My Greek-American Exit". Thanks for the inspiration!

The_Winter_WitchThe_Winter_Witchabout 2 years ago

heh wow some of these comments, this was a great story well written.

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 years ago

Not sure why he stayed on the vaca as long as he did, especially with the disrespect. Its too bad, the divorce part didn't have more details written and seemed to skip over it while everything else was pretty detailed other than that and the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow, the story was engaging and a worthwhile read, thank you.

Hopefully a sequel is in line!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

the story idea is very good. Way too long because of useless side tracks. A meeting with Alice trying to win him back or explain her concept of marriage would have been fun

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

Don't bother with this, it is god awful cuck shit. Of course loved by all the resident maggots.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

@Mikoda, how do you see this as "cuck" shit since he fought back and tore the whole place down. Yes he was cuckolded, and Reuben was surely a cuck, that doesn't make the story "cuck shit."

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

0 stars - stupid cuck/wimp crap - I could not get past the first page.

However, I did give you 1 star above, just to lower your average rating.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

5 stars - I took a chance and a leap of faith after reading some of the other comments and gave this story a second chance. I read every word in this story and a lot of it sickened me - the orgy part was bad, BUT the CUCK crap was the worst. I really do not understand how a normal person could do that kind of shit.

However, I did appreciate the author's descriptive details about making the whole resort fiasco into a front page expose in the New York Times.

kelchakelchaabout 2 years ago

Gave this story a pass at first. Did not read more than the first page and rarely read lengthy tales. After reading your second submission, was impressed enough to read this one through to the end. Rated it 5*.

Thanks

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

The premise is absurd and idiotic. He didn't file for adultry. He had proof that his marriage was over and yet he continued to drag it out, continue to be a Cuck, disprected and lied to.

Why did the wife have a total meltdown if she had been having an affair for 6 months and cheated previously.

This was dragged out way too much. Way too loiing One minute he acts like a cuck, the next minute a tough guy, and then back and forth. Too inconsistent.

And seriously he's now an award winning writer????? I could see him partnering with a writer but getting his own front page article in the NYTs??? Not in this universe.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

14 pages🙌🏽. 12 pages of him on vacation being disrespectedby his wife and lovers. him detailing every minute of the disrespect and horror he suffered on a vacation with his slut wife. Than you get to the last 2 pages and there's no final confrontation with the whore wife(I so love to see how the sluts try to convince the husbands the sex, deceit, disrespect and lies meant nothing).. the ending didn't have the same energy as the first 12 pages. It was quick, glossed over, very little details... it was ehhh.. the story is just long and fucking boring🤭🤷🏽‍♀️.... it was also confusing as shit.. WHY DID HE STAY SO LONG?!... when he found out exactly what his gutter slut wife had planned and had been doing... why didn't he immediately END THE FUCKING TRIP AND FIND A WAY HOME ASAP? It was 12 pages of him being disrespected, cheated on, laughed at(I surely laughed at him🤭) made a fool of.. he should've been on his way back home by page 4... I don't understand why this story was so long? I don't mind long stories.... when they're good and fun... this was just a lot of fucking talking with nothing happening.. just skip to the last 2 pages. You're not missing any action other than the slut wife orgy. The rest of the story is just him allowing himself to be disrespected. I don't like long winded long stories that doesn't go anywhere. 14 pages was not needed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good story. But 14 pages long. I knew the end when Lucienne came into it. The rings bit a little over the top. As for Alice I hope she gets AIDS, Cancer, Week heart or even hit by a big bus.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPatrickson@Patrickson
I am a keen writer looking to improve my story telling and writing skills. Comments are read and feedback is appreciated, it helps me improve. Anybody wishing to write a sequel or follow on to any of my stories has my permission and best wishes. I'll be interested to see whe...

SIMILAR Stories