All Comments on 'The French Exit'

by Patrickson

Sort by:
  • 487 Comments (Page 4)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What do readers appreciate most?

For starters, although not strictly in this sequence, a story that is done in one submission.

Perhaps secondly the originality, perhaps next to none grammar/tense etc glaring glitches.

Then also, somewhere in between all these, and more desirable traits, an author that is Talented.

High five to the right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is truly an excellent story. I absolutely hate cuckold stories so I was thrilled to read this about a husband who wouldn't tolerate it either. This is wonderful, really.

.

Those that complain about the length, well, that tells you more about them, rather than the author. If they normally only read comic books or those short cuckold stories, then yeah, this was a long story. But I found myself regretting every page I turned, simply because it meant I was that much closer to the end.

.

For those that complain about the ending being abrupt, take it as a compliment to your fine writing skills and storytelling. Great stories are always seen as ending abruptly, because the readers don't want the really good stories to end... so, in their eyes, it's always seen as abrupt.

.

Well done, really well done. Loved the story, thanks for posting. 5 stars, of course.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonabout 2 years ago

I really don't get the people calling this "cuck shit." He was completely lied to and sideswiped by his bitch of a wife and was strong and consistent from the first page on. 5 Stars.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterabout 2 years ago

Wow. Great concept, brilliant execution!

Unique original storyline, excellent writing, and superb plot.

One thing that I didn't like, you switched parts of the story and didn't put a mark or any indicator that there was a change. It was a bit disconcerting.

SyrustheVirusSyrustheVirusabout 2 years ago

I have to give you a 1. The reason is because you put way too much detail into certain sections and little to none for the divorce and ending.

Burner70Burner70about 2 years ago

Good by way to long and wordy

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodgerabout 2 years ago

The first time l saw this l said "55K words? oh hell no, l don't need War and Peace" l'm glad l took a second look at it. There are a few places where it appears you were tired of the story and wanted to get it over with. Advice? don't write when you're tired, it aint flowing, get up and walk away for a day.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

sucks

2 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I don't give many 5's.

This gets one.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

God damn some of you readers are morons. This isn't "cuck shit".

Granted...it was hard for me to get past him wearing a chastity cage. First time any woman (especially a wife) asks you to wear wear chastity cage...is the same exact minute you leave that woman and tell her to shove the chastity cage up her skanky cunt. Nothing good is gonna come from that. And unless you are into humiliation...it's just disrespectful. She does not respect you anymore as soon as you put it on.

Besides that? He didn't take any of this shit willingly. Almost immediately he stopped going along with the plan. And when he found someone who told him what was happening? He figured it out...completely...photo proof. And literally destroyed everyone involved and closed the resort down. Burned everything to the ground and divorced his slut wife as soon as possible.

And you fucking simpletons think he was a cuck?

Also...why are you critical of the story because he won't give the stupid cow the satisfaction of closure or trying to convince him to not divorce her.

Some people the worst thing you can do is meet with them and give it to them face to face...for some that is what is necessary to destroy them.

Others? The worst thing you can do is simply ignore them. Don't give them the chance to justify. Rationalize. Try and explain. The worst torture in the world to some is to never get that chance to talk. To have the face to face. Deny them the closure, and it will haunt them the rest of their fucking pathetic lives. That's what he chosen to do.

And my guess is this stupid cunt he was married too? She'll suffer for a decade. Inteisve therapy won't really give her the answers she seeks or the closure she needs.

She'll wake up one day a decade or so later...say when she's 48...her parents are now in their early 70s. She is childless and still unable to maintain long term relationships with anyone. And she'll realize that she's essentially alone for the restnof her life. She didnt get the children with the one man she ever really wanted to have them with. Her parents...despite their love and support...never really forgave her for destroying a marriage with such a good man and denying them grandchildren in their old age. Her sister is still with the complete loser husband. She cheats with a never ending series of horrible and shallow men and women and her husband grows more pathetically happy with it all every passing year.

She'll wake up that day and finally realize she's made it past most of the pain...but realizes that for the rest of her life she'll be dealing with the sense of loss. Loss of the marriage. The loss of the love and devotion of a wonderful and talented man. The loss of having children with him. Of having a long and happy and fulfilling life. One that she'll never know or experience. All because she thought having a huge dick was more important.

That's the kind of hell that makes people simply give up. On everything.

Especially if he does remarry. And has kids with someone else. Like the ex-wife of his nemesis. What do you think she does when she finds pics of him and his family on Facebook when she stalks him? Sees him happily living his life without her?

That's the existence I imagine for her. And it's not hard to use your imagination. It's easy to see what her life will be like.

SikemSikemabout 2 years ago

Good story. I am a picky reader. I still disagree with the naysayers. Well, the only criticism I have is an American say "bloody". Yanks find the term humorous. It is about as shocking as "doodoo."

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

why is this guy wearing a cock cage? im sorry if u let someone put that on u ur a fetish cuckold. he doesnt seem to be so again why is he wearing a cock cage. this would have been good had it not been for that. tbh im not sure why u even wrote that in

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 2 years ago

great story, for me it took to long for him to catch on. Hell Charlie told him, she was trying to get rid of him at every turn. And he still needed more proof. But he kicked ass once he got what he needed.

green117green117about 2 years ago
This one I sorta liked...

on second read.

First read I hit the cock cage, and went "do I really want to go down this way?" and stopped. Second read I just started on page three.

Not sure the cage really improved things.

Now, this comment is mostly about your second post - which seems like a response to some unkind and unsupportive comments on this one. I'd suggest reading what JPB has to say about comments... he reads them, but ignores them if they are useless.

So! I like this one fairly well (as did the comments from people I read comments from). Ignore idiots, the evangelical, and the Russians on the internet.

Good luck, and I'll try to keep an eye out for the next.

Green-something

Hiram325Hiram325about 2 years ago

Holy Moly. 5 Stars... Do keep writing, please.

other2other1other2other1about 2 years ago

Wow, first story and out of the gate with a bang!

I loved this story, it was well thought out, had great drama and I could feel the anguish of the MC. The total communications blackout was not expected with the lead up, I was hoping for a bit of yelling and on sene remorse. But it worked.

I didn’t like the character of the ex-wife at all, she felt very shallow and he sister was a bitch. I also would have loved to hear of the fallout with the in-laws.

Again, I really enjoyed this story, looking forward to seeing more of your work :)

Regards

John Other

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A bit long a wordy but sometimes you need that in a story to get the point across. Good job…..

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

Felt like you just got tired of writing this one, no ending or conclusion... was looking for a little more consequences for Alice and Donald too.

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 years ago

Glad he stood up concerning her cheating. The ending was confusing...

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

0 star - the whole concept of the resort was rather disgusting and I lost interest in the middle of the first page.

I did give you 1 star to lower your average.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 stars. An excellent story. I hope you keep writing. This was not too long and the ending was excellent. Good luck on your future writing.

JayZipJayZipabout 2 years ago

This story is WONDERFULLY written. I'm a Loving Wives junkie, but at first I avoided reading this story because it's so long. Once I finally started it, the story was riveting. Quick, exciting read, and very rewarding.

The thing that defines the "angry" LW stories here on Lit (as opposed to the sharing/swapping or happy-cuckolding LW stories) is the OUTRAGE. The stories are outrage porn. Those of us who are addicted to these stories, what we're savoring is the outrage. I don't know why we like it; probably it says something unhealthy about us. But whatever, we dig the outrage. This story really, really delivers the outrage. It's as pure a jolt of outrage as any of the most-favorited "angry" LW stories on here, like February Sucks etc. Really great.

And great characterizations and fine writing and careful storytelling. Well done.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 2 years ago

Full marks.... I've had this in my reading list a long time and just got around to reading it again. Fabulous. One nit pick .... you've blended British and American figures of speech a bit much but it's a minor thing.

TeggeTeggeabout 2 years ago

Wow, 50k, and they went by in a flash! :) 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good work, Patrickson, especially for a first submission, although I feel pretty confident you're not a newbie to writing. Some kind of journalist, or teacher, maybe?

The lifestyle that played such a large role in this story is definitely not my preferred reading, to put it mildly, so I can't bring myself to give the story the very highest marks. After all, I read the stories here with the intent of being entertained, primarily.

This is a pretty long story, possibly needlessly so, as (for me) it seemed to drag along somewhat through much of its' middle parts, without much traction being shown. For the most part, though, the slower parts held my attention well enough that I managed to avoid scanning/skimming ahead through them.

The MC appeared frustratingly slow to "catch on to the goings-on" at the resort, so much so that there were more than a few times that I wondered whether he might have taken a few too many blows to the head during his boxing days.

Still, he eventually caught-on, he held to his principles, and the ending turned out pretty darn well, in spite of my overall lack of appreciation for the theme.

I will say that, though not my kind of tale, I don't regret sticking with it and reading on through to the end.

Thanks for your effort, and please continue writing.

4-stars

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 years ago

Keep up the good work and hopefully ur creative juices come up with another story soon..

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 2 years ago

Excellent, well written story. Thank you. 5*s

26thNC26thNCalmost 2 years ago

I finally got through this story. It ran a little long, and I have a virulent hatred of cucks and cuck stories, so it took a while. I ended up enjoying it, and it’s an impressive first effort. Like many others, I just can’t believe any man would tolerate that much abuse for any period of time. Next time out, condens, cut like CarolinaDreamer says about 25%, and write more. You’re pretty good.

ApathyIncApathyIncalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful read! I hope for more like this in the future. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No!!

Let her put him in cuck cage!!

Not a wimp??

Definitely is!!!

shadowjack17shadowjack17almost 2 years ago

A constructive comment and a bit of advice: You've done a bit of homework and you have the South Texas manner of speech pretty close to true. Now the advice: if you are going to set a story in the Americas with Americans as the characters, lose the RP/Oz/Commonwealth spellings and speech patterns. New York Italians of how ever many generations do NOT speak that way, no matter how overly educated they may be and you identify your protagonist as poor. Think Joe Pesci, not a Harvard law graduate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Note to author. Less is more. Good story hidden in a vast ocean of unnecessary words. Talented writer keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Long story but so worth the read. Thank you Patrickson!

Looking forward to your next epic novel.

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 2 years ago
Long tedious

Well written but not to confront the bitch more, the ending just didn't feel right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It was a fairly good story. A little too long, and quite unrealistic concerning Sal. He would have to be the most brain-dead person on the planet to not realize that his wife is cheating. I mean he's walking around in a cock cage while his off doing gold ring things without him.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

Super story, a little wordy and Sal was slow for a reporter and wish sister and bil got some shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story but parts seemed unneeded which just added to the length. If Sal wasn't putting the cock cage and the long delayed try for children then he wasn't as aware of the dangers in his neighborhood as he claimed. Think I'll checkout your other story.

If you aren't a photographer your thoughts seem to be dead on. You need to view your subject with the scene of your lens, not just your eyes and mind. Helps to keep the background distractions out of the picture.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownalmost 2 years ago

Way too wordy, and after your other work where let's face it the guy was a wimp, I felt this was going the same direction. However it did take awhile to find his balls, seriously five minutes into this trip should have been enough.

Three stars...

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336almost 2 years ago

Three stars from me. I think Sal was a wimp from the first word. Anyone who would allow his wife to put him in a cock cage is a wimp. Plus if Sal was a Division One boxer why didn't he beat the hell out of both Donald and the cuckold Rueben? A man still should act like a man.

AmbivalenceAmbivalencealmost 2 years ago

Clearly not necessary to the story, but it would have been nice to fly-on-the-wall the first interaction between Alice, Sarah and their parents.

Knowing the kind of daughters they'd raised, it would have been nice to know if they'd have "Oh well, we raised a couple sluts" or actual fireworks.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story. I thought it was well developed and told. Expected to here more on the DIVORCE, but it proved out fine. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked the story but the fall out should have been written about and not in piece meal part flick backs later on. That was a big disappointment after a long build up to it. After all that was what the story was about. Yes the wife was wrapped up in it but it was all about the complex and what was going on there and how he busted it and his wife. I would have also liked to have some story of how his wife found the mounted picture of her in all her debauchery when she walled into the accommodation he had left. Perhaps the picture could be called 'Cupids Island'. If his wife was having all that sex, surely she would not be walking straight or perhaps not sitting down well. Thus these things could have been added to the pot for him to further determine was was happening at the resort. I would also liked to have what happened on the island when the article was published, as there was still people and staff there on the island. Especially as spouses may not have realised what the other ones were doing. Also what fallout was there for persons that had been on holiday there in the past. How many divorces occurred around the world came about from the exposure? Another 3 or 4 pages should cover it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I have a few interesting social issues as I have autistic tenancies. Had my wife kept signing me up for trips I did not want, I would have been in her face. Then is had not listened to me including being in front of persons, I would have thrown water at her face, from a glass, in front of everyone and said "Now, stop sending me on those trips". One of my biggest social issues is not being listened to. No harm done but total embarrassment to the person and a change of clothes required. She was totally disrespectful and just ignored him. As to the cage, I can see why he may have agreed to it, but, I cannot see that he would have made sure he took something with him to remove it as soon as possible. I would have also heavily asked her what she was doing during the day whilst I was away including what she was hiding from me as she wanted to 'get rid of me'.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked this story, some bits are a bit long and as said below, I would have like the fall out to be written about not by being looked back on. Other bit as too filled out especially some of the early stuff, them meeting etcetera. I have read this slowly this time and have found a few things that are in my opinion not quite there. One I am a visual person and a photographer but that does not mean I am good with faces and names, but I am with things. Photography does not make a person a visual person. It may help a person to be better at being visual, where as a visual person may well be good at photography or that their photographs are better because of them being visual. Another very annoying thing is when the main character keeps say something like "I'm a photographer blar, blar, blar. Once people know one does photography it would be like "in my line of work you need to be visual" or "I'm lucky I'm a visual person as it helps in my job to take pictures". The other thing is the camera bag. I use the British bag manufacturer 'Billingham'. Had my bag since 1993, needed to refurbish the inner bits but still going strong. It should do it carries around on average £6000.00 in kit every trip. Its canvas, although not water proof as such people have dropped bags in canals and have come up dry. Thus a good photographer will have a very good bag and the one in the story does not seem to be up to par. I am not too worried about exposers, shutter speed, film speed, etcetera. When I did Weddings I had two bodies with different lens on hem. This was for many reasons. Quick change, not changing lens, if one camera fails the other will get you going and back then if the lab destroyed ones negatives (yes it happened to me) some pictures are saved from the other other camera. The other thing I found strange was the picture of Lucienne. He made out that once it was given to her it was gone. Since he is using digital pictures all he needed to do was print another one out. My main camera is native A2 out put, so there is no reason not to have printed out a large picture for her if he wanted too. Other wise an interesting story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

ZEROZEROZERO, HONEY PIE. You just had to do it; knuckle under to the the little cunt. would have been better to take Alice back... ggggrrrrrr. I hate wimp cucks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written fantasy. No one who works for The NY Times has integrity or morals. The Times is run by post modernists. If they ran a spread on adultery, it would PROMOTE swinging and cuckolding!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"No one who works for The NY Times has integrity or morals."???

Yes, you would know. Any better paper in the US?

By the way, the story suffers from a number of things. I can say that because this is the first time I did go over 10+ pages, quite a feat, more than 3 hours.

1. Unrealistic dialogues. That by itself doesn't do too much damage but the fact the worst one is right in the end just basically killing the decent plot.

2. Just plain ridiculous vacation fantasy (gold ring, black ring and the rest of that), like from Saddletramp's universe.

3. If the guy is such a straight shooter how does he ends in chastity cage for 4+ days? Goes on vacation in that?

4. Cheater from BTB fantasy, always gets emotionally destroyed and begs for reconciliation. Well, folks, that is not how cheaters behave, most of them. This is just a BTB cliche milked all the times by lousy BTB writers.

Wouldn't that be a "little" bit uncomfortable even if he were a complete wimp. He would probably ended up in ER that way.

HighpikeHighpikealmost 2 years ago

Just finished reading this for the third time and expect to enjoy it again. I hope you are writing and that we will see more of f your work soon. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written and constructed. Thoughtful and interesting. Hope to see more stories from you

william48william48almost 2 years ago

Its the third time I've read this already and I am sure I will be back again. However, given all the detail about the holiday and how they got together to start with, it is disappointing that there is not more about what happened after he left the island. I suppose that after the way she treated him I just want to be certain that she suffered as well. Although given the way her family supported and encouraged her, I doubt she sufferred for long

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story is too well written and simply too good for this site. Thanks for sharing! (Of course though, like a Navajo or Persian rug, there is a flaw: discrete/discreet.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyed this story a bunch. I cannot help being irritated at the asshole fascist Trump fan who made an asinine accusation about the New York Times’ impartiality. . I suspect that his comment was directed not only at the “Times”, but those for whom it is a source of news and editorial. I’m just guessing that that anonymous writer gets his news from Fox and (dearly dead) Rush Limbaugh, and comic books, and hates it that the Times exposes the excessive activities of the extreme right wing.

BOOMERBILL

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Needs a hard edit. The back story in chapter 7 when the action was rising just killed the pacing and the enjoyment. Also, I'm mystified by UK writers who mention weights in "stone" and then mention state divorce laws, as if they're going to keep the story generic. The dialogue became unreadable as the reader lost track of who was speaking. That's why fiction adopted the style of using, XXX said, etc. Good story but too long and too slow-moving.

Fizu21Fizu21over 1 year ago

Lovely story. Well pacedand well written. You rally brought the characters and the locations alive. I just couldn`t put my pad down before finishing it. I really wish to read more of your works in the future!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

you wrote a very good tale,though some of the dialog was off and it holds a readers attention.As a reader, I think most of us picked up on what was happening long before your main character did,that hurt the story a bit.Other than such a resort being real,which is a bit over the top but except able. The story is mostly good realistic fiction,which makes the difference... JZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For me this was a reasonable story. I cannot take stories that goes backwards and forwards all over the pace. Had it started when they were younger and went on from there it would have read a lot easier. On top of that the end was not the end as it held what happened when he got back home as past tense not as it occurred. He was talking as it was second hand information. Had it been logical it would have been a good story.

turbomizeturbomizeover 1 year ago

I loved it, the protagonist has the right degree of control/lack of control. from the first moment he has a fighter criterion. >>And that makes it possible to read in one sitting. There are other stories in which the protagonist is not credible at all because although the snake is biting his ass, he does not want to realize the betrayal he is being subjected to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Probably the most stupid premise for a story seen on this site. Who would put up with being treated like that at a resort.

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

Good story, well written.

Thanks for the effort!

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

Second time reading this story and I marvel at Sal's self control. Also Ali stupidity. she reminds me of a guy who burned himself 5 times. he did the same thing over and over again. She was a slut and "cake and eat it too" was her motto. The biggest pussy boy in the whole story, is going to kick Sal ass.... Donald going bankrupt and his former wife divorcing him were way better than a mugging and the averted tragedy of his wives' getting free were icing on the cake. The unnecessary "meeting" pf his cheating wife, made me as the reader cheer. I mean what wpu;d she say after lying, cheating and stupidity of the wife well she was morally bankrupt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You can skip half the pages and not miss a thing (it actually is a good story) the author repeats things over and over.? Just bludgeoning the poor reader. A really good 11K-12K story buried in the approx. 40+ thousand words used. Pity really

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pure, unmitigated idiocy.

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

Damn that was good. When I saw the word count I was staggered. But rolled up my reading sleeves and said 'fuckit, let's do this'.

I really liked how protagonist lost his cool but didn't go ballistic. It was nice. Felt human, and made it all seem more real. I am a fan of btb, not this sunburned endings but that's not enough to take away from this story. Thank you author.

5/5

Nato_

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Umm do resorts like this actually exist? J would think that after one bad incident they would get sued out of existence?. Well written though. Not sure why Lucienne at thr end though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah, that was weird, but a pleasure to read. Can't see anybody putting up with the way they treated him, all those different rings. Since he wasn't supposed to know anything, I had a hard time believing he would tolerate being treated so poorly, especially by his wife. Otherwise, I loved the story. Thanks for posting.

BumskimanBumskimanover 1 year ago

Really enjoyed the story except for all of the British in a story about a New York guy.

MehntalityMehntalityover 1 year ago

As soon as the whole topic of the swinger resort with the ring tiers and how terrible the lowest tier are treated came up I pretty much checked out of the story. No chance that anyone would stay at that place and be treated like that, not knowing what was going on. Especially with a chastity cage requirement?? To quote two separate characters in this story, "bullshit".

.

"How did you eat? I have to pick what food you eat!" Completely unbelievable.

.

The author also falls into the same language/verbage trap so many other British-English authors fall into when they write their stories in an American setting. If you are going to write American-English characters, don't use British slang or words and references. It confuses the reader and takes them out of the story. If its something you struggle with, have an American friend proof-read it or just make the setting of your story be in the UK or with UK characters...then it would be fine. I really don't understand the need to force the US angles in these cases.

.

I would have also liked to had more details regarding the news story and aftermath. I am guessing it was left fairly vague to fit with the MCs perspective of cutting all ties so he wouldnt know anyones status but it felt like I was left hanging at the end. Maybe an epilogue from the wife's perspective would have been good?

.

All that said though, this author writes very well and it felt like a professional story, not the middle school book report so many others end up submitting, especially those stories where there is little to no sex scenes and the plot has to carry the load. There is a lot of potential here and I hope the author continues to submit their work as they grow and improve as it would be a shame to miss out on what they come up with next.

BlastusBlastusover 1 year ago

One reader rates the story five star. Another reader labels the story pure idiocy. Clearly the readership has diverse tastes and opinions. Clearly authors submitting in this category must be thick skinned.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 1 year ago

Great story. About 3-4 pages too long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting story, it needs a bit more editing and perhaps some cleaner transitions.

Also, this is a very good read, not just interesting.

The last two lines play like a call-back, but the story does not start with him talking to Snoopy, and no other important signpost hearkens the reader as to where this call-back was founded.

Some actual erotica would also be nice. Just telling us that our hero and his wife had a good sex life is not enough. What happened (the orgasm after the cage came off the first time was great, apparently, we are told so) is inferior to having it happen on the page in front of the reader. Not having the pleasure our hero felt at this release described makes for much less conflict later, there is no mystery about where the story is going. A more explicit scene about how Luce and our hero are doing at the end would be much better.

I will also say, I read the entire story and it had a lot of foreshadowing There was not much to make one doubt the foreshadowing, so there was not much mystery. The reader knows what is going to happen.

Good story, I cannot give you 4.5, and I will not give you a 4, so, 5 for you

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

Total unadulterated crap! NOBODY would have put up with that ridiculous crap of the gold vs black rings etc. Cuck cage? Really? So over the top it was just a sick parody.

jazzharpjazzharpover 1 year ago

I was favorably impressed by "The Dinner Party' (the first of yours I'd read).  So, I've marked you as a favorite to see what's next from you.

Then I read this.  I nearly quit on Page One.  Cock cage!  Find a locksmith for Chrissake. Your story was extremely stupid. I "sped read" through it; but I did notice some good writing in an otherwise absurd story.  And then from Page 12, Part 8 until the end, this became a really good work piece of work.  Glad I persevered.

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Got to page three (I know I’m a glutton for punishment) now on this page he realises he’s a twat or at least being played for one yet by the end of that page there’s still no attempt to remove the cage, ‘oh he doesn’t have a key’ well that’s just nonsense if it’s metal or plastic it can be cut. He’s been to the city a couple of times, do they not have hardware stores wherever they are?

It’s silly things like that that make already implausible stories impossible to finish.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

1 star - this is the worst story EVER.

The MC is a cuck/wimp and deserves everything he gets, or does not get.

The wife needs to be a divorced woman living alone without any male companionship EVER.

I would have gotten extremely violent if anyone mentioned or even attempted to put some kind of anti-sex device on my cock. Being ex-military - there would have been a lot of severely injured people - my wife included.

hectarehectareover 1 year ago

Terrifically well written and extremely well structured. Histories were integrated and seamless, eg, flashback to the orgy while flying out rather the melodrama of experiencing it real time and wondering if he'll get away with it.

I liked the last scene realizing at the end it was past tense.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Read again. Huge suspension of disbelief required but a helluva lot of fun

hectarehectareover 1 year ago

Ok, just a nit and you're excused since you're a Brit--so's my wife--but Lucienne dropping 15 stone is something like 200 pounds! Don't think that's what you meant.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

You have an Imaginative mind, the story is excellent, unfortunately you are too verbose you use a paragraph where three or five words would be better. Please do not be offended you have a great talent but your editing needs help.

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 1 year ago

Another masterpiece but I really felt that the background on how they met and eventually married was too late in the story to be meaningful. As the tension was reaching it's apex we took a trip down bad memories lane leading to a marriage with a woman who broke his heart even before they married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

small criticism, but when posing a story in new you city, you hav'ta use pounds not stone as a weight measure and i think there was a british money slang that an american would never use but no complaints on the story or flow. entertaining.

GreWulfGreWulfover 1 year ago

hectare

The 15 stone she lost was her ex husband,hence wagging her empty ring finger. WHOOSH

Patrickson.

Good story.Enjoyed it.I see you are only three stories in so all I will say is spend a little bit more time on editing (sit down and READ it) .I am not a writer but a serious life long reader of everything and find it quite distracting having to break stride to put the ducks back in row,so to speak.

Anyhoo.As I said enjoyed it.Excellent premise,I could relate the characters to people i have met and a bit of action.Pity only get 5***** to give it.Now to read the rest of your works.

Z4

Dry_opinionDry_opinionover 1 year ago

Captivating story watered down by interactions with people outside the main circle. Open ending, very little description of wife's remorse and Don's struggles around bankruptcy left bad aftertaste.

Still worth reading. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative and excellent dialogue,

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

3.5 stars (rounded down to 3). 5 stars for beautiful, engaging, very well written story. Excellent craftsmanship. 2 stars for protagonist who at times was so pathetic I was - uncharacteristically - ready to victim-blame him for the cheating. What kind of feeble minded dumb fuck doesn't see a BIG red light when his wife suggests a cock cage? You don't need a bleeping college degree to understand this is NOT a woman you want to spend any time with, never mind forever and kids. Then the whole pathetic "stay" plea that last evening on the island. On one hand, it was useful in that her refusal helped him deal with firming up his decision to divorce. BUT... the definite impression from the wording the author used was that, if she chose to stay, he'd have taken her back!!! Despite all the nice words to the contrary, that if she cheated AT ALL (not just during the future orgy) she's history.

Adiitional 2 stars fodder - him giving ANY trust to that Lu woman. She lied to him the day they met, MAJORLY. She didn't let him know his wife cheated on him with her hubby - she COULD have done so on the sly. How could he POSSIBLY trust her after that?

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

... actually, I'm changing my mind a bit. The BTB was so beautiful on the Don side, I'll round up my 3.5 to 4 stars instead. (I don't count the wife as BTB - regret at losing the husband doesn't count as BTB in my book)

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

For me it was a tough read that took me through some unpleasant emotions. For a good story, you need a convincing villain, which you’ve supplied more than adequately. For the level of emotional engagement, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bur the whole place down

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Liked this story 5* worth. However, should change the locale to London; every element of the story is British. Although, if Rupert Murdock owns the London papers, perhaps one couldn’t expect an ethical paper as described here.

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Second reading: still a great read. A bit long, but I believe I could take some more of this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the story and gave it a five. Just a quick feasibility question, how did he get passed airport security wearing a metal cock cage??? More to the point, once detected, how would he explain it???

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

'I think being back with her parents is a good idea... Hopefully, a bit of reflection, a safe environment will give her the security to do some hard looking at herself and make some changes.'

- Except when you consider her parents were only too happy to enable her... six months of not saying to her "Don't cheat, Stupid!" or "Stop cheating or we'll tell your husband." or telling him "Your wife is cheating."

Obviously, they all came from a strata of society where fidelity had less value.

Pickles7287Pickles7287over 1 year ago

Improbable but entertaining

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Page 5 was as far as i could force myself to read. The hero Sal is so stpid, he has to read from a chart when to breath. Being a moron would be a step up for him. And this captsia shit sucks also.

dawg997dawg997over 1 year ago

Tremendous writing! I've read well over a thousand stories here on Lit, and this is easily in the top 1 percent.

Great character development, great story line.

Thanks! Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

ONE STAR, for the author’s remarks that NYT is a quality newspaper.

It has not been so since 1996; and NO, I do not care at all about the NYT or it’s readership.

It is a good “tell” to hear an opinion about it. Thank you for the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Totally enjoyed the story: a very well developed character, intrigue and description of feelings. Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He had a part time marriage.

In or out!!!

Sex after 10 years

I know couples over 50 years married and sex is still not boring etc.

Cage

On my dead body.

Love someone you are a team

FireyFreddyFireyFreddyabout 1 year ago

Great story. I dropped on it completely by accident, looking for something steamy and erotic. This certainly wasn't what I was looking for - not at all what I've read here before. But a great and compelling storyline, that hooked me, and kept me involved with a fast pace and believable characters. Sal was like we'd all want to be - tough, non forgiving, once-chance only. Yet I still felt sorry for Alice (the silly cow) and his revenge on her was as it should be. Well done. Nice one :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a pathetic wuss, wears a cock cage and spends his time moaning and being shat upon. Really stupid tale that lacks reality

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

This is the kind of story I like, but it is interminable and repetitious. If you slog thru it, hoping for the best, you’ll be disappointed in the end. Sorry to say.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPatrickson@Patrickson
I am a keen writer looking to improve my story telling and writing skills. Comments are read and feedback is appreciated, it helps me improve. Anybody wishing to write a sequel or follow on to any of my stories has my permission and best wishes. I'll be interested to see whe...

SIMILAR Stories