All Comments on 'The Gift She Gives Ch. 12'

by sinagainChris12

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Ah, we're getting to the climax - question and feedback

First of all, liked this chapter - always happy to read about a successful birth and survival of the mother (thanks to Vesper). Her fame as a healer is spreading - good for her! (Though a little surprised all the centaurs left their home and exposed themselves to anyone at the spa.)

Question for sinagainChris12 - Arc mentioned that God created ayperi as sex partners for angels. Assuming she doesn't have a mutation, Vesper has genitalia. But Arc doesn't (assume Fezekial doesn't either). If ayperi and angels are supposed to be together, why didn't God give angels genitalia? Why can Vesper conceive yet an angel can't give her a baby? Seems like a pretty big disconnect.

Enjoying the story, but this apparent contradiction puzzles me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Vesper heals Mr Hughes

I think when Vesper finally touches Mr. Hughes, he'll grow his wings back and his genitalia.

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12about 8 years agoAuthor
Re: climax & healing

Climax, yes, in some ways, we are getting there, but it would be a really big disservice to my readers to start going at warp speed at this point. 😉 The centaurs left their enclosure only because in order to save the mare, they had to bring her to Vesper as their enclosure is too far from the main house for Vesper to get to. Many of the clients at Vorhees have experiences with the centaurs. Their main concern is the random delivery person or what have you that might swing by.

Mr. Hughes not having a penis is quite a conundrum, isn't it? Hmmm....

Vesper healing Mr. Hughes. Yes. Let's do that. 😁 Sometime.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Samir hit the nail on the head

"Have you considered that the two of you are making this a whole lot harder than it actually needs to be?"

Mr Hughs needs to quit with his little pity party, but I guess Vesper's found her way to break that up.

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12about 8 years agoAuthor
Re: Samir's comment

Yup, I think he is right on the mark. But you know, this happens in real life unfortunately, as well. People make things way more difficult than they should be. But I suppose in Mr. Hughes' case, he didn't exactly as for her to come along and change his life, nor did she ask him to do the same. We'll see what happens...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Killing me!

These chapter endings have all left me hanging! I can hardly wait to see what Mr. Hughes has to say about this confrontation!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Ugh! After asking when the new installment would happen (because I saw it happen and then dissapear), I took the time to read Domino's story, but quickly returned here, skipping over Anyas. Now you've got me caught on a cliffhanger, AND having to go back and read Anyas story! Haha... brilliant writing, and I'll be waiting around for Chapter 13!

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 8 years ago
Better than the last but still

completely infuriating. Are they both twelve years old?

I'm not pleased but I have faith in you. Looking forward to seeing how you get them out of this mess.

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12about 8 years agoAuthor
Re: killing me, reading Anya's, and can'tfightfate

Killing me!: Well, he should probably start by saying that he's sorry.

Reading Anya's story: I am glad you are taking the time to go back and see where this all started, I think it would be hard to follow one story without knowing the others.

can'tfightfate: I do hope you know that I wait patiently for your comments every chapter. You are my truth teller, and I appreciate that you do so with your username attached because I feel like it keeps me honest having you come and critique this way. Thank you. I am going over the editing of the next set of chapters this weekend, which might delay their submission a bit, but it's important to me to take a step back and make sure my story is coming out clearer all around. I don't want to disappoint my readers, I love Mr. Hughes and Vesper, and I want them to have the chance to redeem themselves. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
angry Vesper fan :D

I gave you five starts because if you can make me hate one of your characters so much it means you are an awesome writer. Congratulations. :)

Nobody in Lit has accomplished that before.

Mr. Huges is a terrible person! He lies to her first and then punishes her for being angry and reacting?! WTF?! I hate that guy.

And what is wrong with Vesper? She lets him tye her up at night and force her to move to his room and all that crap?

I thought she has the power to control him, throwing him against walls, etcetera... Why is she not smashing his head against walls untill she gets her own rooms back?! And why is she still crying about her love for him and accepting all his actions? I thought she was done with him!!

The whole situation is so effed up than if I was Vesper I would already killed myself rather than living there.

I was also a bit dissapointed that Samir was the one telling Vesper to touch Mr. Hughes and get it over with. I was expecting her character to have a bit more personality and do it by herself in one of the last two chapters.

Like in a fit of rage, just to beat the crap out of him for example... I don't know...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
She Was Right There!

Lol, she was already walking there, he was walking out...all she had to up do was touch him! These two...smh... You're a great writer. I'm loving every bit of this and I crack up, busting out in laughter at some of the things your characters say. Like "absofuckinglutely not!" Lol! I'm doing my best to wait patiently as you finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Ahh killing me!

When will you be posting the new chapters?? I am loving your stories!

sinagainChris12sinagainChris12about 8 years agoAuthor
Re: killing me

One posts today, one tomorrow, and we shall see if I can get the next two edited for the two following days!

FloribundaFloribundaabout 8 years ago
Yay! Vesper I love you

Whatever Vesper has understood - the childish nature of her and Mr Hughes' relationship, she understands the importance of being able to heal non-humans in the spa. So its really important that she comes forward and helps deliver successfully the first centaur mare for the spa

Vesper is doing really well! Where is Mr Hughes in all this? Who is this woman who has just appeared?

I think we all want to know!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Stauker

Gosh darn it all to heck! I cant report this for awsomeness

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

You have major timeline errors in this story. You need to either revise her age to be closer to 100-103 or revise all of your historical references. In earlier chapters you had her tell Arc that she and her mother moved to America between the world wars and that things were easier. However, here she is at the beginning of this chapter spending WWII in London. On top of that, when you revised her birthdate to 1928 you made it so she wasn't even alive during WWI. Not only that, she would've barely recalled half of the Great Depression having been only a year old for Black Tuesday.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous