The Girlfriend

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We'll find somewhere cheaper until we can get back on our feet if we have to."

"I'll find something to help. I haven't worked since I married but there are jobs out there I can do. Shop work I suppose. It's what I did before. The supermarkets always want staff. Especially when we get closer to Christmas."

I hadn't worked in so long. I'd become used to being at home. Before my marriage, I'd lived with my parents. I'd worked then, but I hadn't had commitments. Not real ones. I realised I'd never actually fended for myself, paid bills or been responsible for my life. Suddenly the future looked a little daunting even with Ophelia at my side.

"I'm frightened." I said quietly.

"Why?"

She looked at me. Her eyes were full of concern.

"I don't want to be homeless. I'm realising now how easy it is to lose everything. Especially when it isn't really mine."

"It won't come to that."

Ophelia went thoughtful for a moment.

"Not really yours." She said thoughtfully.

"That's not true. Some of it is.

He's trying to bounce you into letting go of your share in the house."

"What do you mean? It's his house." I said sadly.

"Is it?

While Ray was having steak and oysters with the minister and playing golf with his buddies, I was doing the legwork on buying this house. It was me who dealt with the solicitors and the bank. You put nearly twenty thousand of your savings into it if I remember rightly. With appreciation, that's worth at least thirty now."

That was true. I had handed my savings over to help buy it. And foolishly I hadn't ensured any paper trail. The house was in his name. My Mum had warned me at the time but I hadn't listened in my blind need to be wanted.

Ophelia went on.

"I don't know how divorce works when it comes to dividing assets but I'm guessing you're entitled to even more in return. Fair enough, some of it's on mortgage but there's a lot of actual cash in this house. And it's as much yours as his."

"Do you think so?"

"The property market has been on an upward trajectory the last few years. I imagine the value has increased quite a lot."

"But my name isn't in the deeds. And these papers make it clear he's going to fight me. It could take months or even years to sort out. He can afford solicitors. I can't."

I lifted the bundle of papers into the air and smacked it down to the tabletop in frustration.

Ophelia was grinning.

"Unless we can make him rethink quickly.

You know. I'm sick of this bastard. Let's fight back."

"How would we do that?"

I put my head into my hands in despair.

Ophelia was quiet for a few moments. When she spoke again it sounded authoritative. As though she knew some deep dark secret.

"You know how he paid for his share, don't you?

How he pays for everything?"

"From his work."

Wasn't it obvious?

I peeked out through my fingers as I started to realise Ophelia was too calm. She was going somewhere with this.

"Did he?" She smiled.

"What do you mean?"

"Ray isn't what you would call entirely honest."

I stared. Waiting for some revelation. A month or so ago I wouldn't have even entertained the idea that Ray was anything other than a fine upstanding businessman. Now I'd seen he could be a cheat and vindictive. If there was something dishonest about him I wanted to know.

"He takes backhanders. He puts government business to companies that don't meet the conditions of the tenders And in return, he receives a nice little gift. To be fair, everyone does it. He's no more a crook than anyone else in that business. But it isn't legal or moral. And the bottom line is, I think your estranged husband is worth more than you think.

The house didn't even need to be on mortgage. That's just theatrics. Window dressing if anyone looks into his affairs.

His real money is littered across multiple accounts and offshore funds. Tricks to avoid suspicion and hidden so the tax man and the Serious Fraud Office can't find it."

"Can you prove that?"

"Perhaps.

He keeps books. Two sets. Those he shows to government ministers and accountants. And those he tracks the massaged numbers in. And he keeps a list of all the little accounts the cash is moved through until the source is hard to trace. "

My mind went into overtime.

"You know where he keeps them?"

"Of course. I was his secretary. In my nativity, I've even helped. But getting into the building..."

"At the office?"

"Yeah. He has a safe in his office.

And I know the combination."

I thought for a moment.

"Security might not let a sacked employee back in. But what about his wife?

Does George even know I'm about to be an ex? And even if he does. Why shouldn't I visit my ex-husband to discuss our divorce?"

"That's a good point.

But how does it help? George won't let you in unless Ray's in the office and if he is, then you can't get to the journals.

"Then we need a distraction.

Like an angry ex-lover making a scene at the entrance. George would call him down.

Can you act?"

Ophelia began grinning.

"I can do that.

I was ratty in Toad of Toad Hall.

An all-girl cast."

I looked at her in shock."

Really?"

"Yeah. I was eleven and our year put on a play for Christmas."

"So I'm not going to find it on Amazon Prime then?"

"Probably not."

Eleven

Operation Lipstick was launched the very next day. Yeah, we named it. A bottle of wine and some fruity games that resulted in me being covered in lipstick, everywhere other than on my lips, had given birth to that.

I was Mouse for the day once more. Dowdy, flat-shoed meek little wifey with no makeup. Only the colour in my hair betrayed that I might have morphed into anything different. I'd had to go through the last bin bag in the spare room still waiting for space in the wheelie bin to find something suitable.

"How do I look?" I asked once I was dressed.

Ophelia looked me over.

"Like someone who would follow pretty girls home and sit outside their apartments in the rain."

I laughed.

"Exactly the right look then."

I looked at myself in the mirror, shocking myself on how much I'd changed. On how pathetic and timid I'd been for so much of my life.

I felt self-conscious on the bus ride. I'd spent my entire life dressed down like this and suddenly I realised how pathetic it looked.

"It's not you. You're only playing a part." Ophelia reassured me.

"Think Mission Impossible. You're Ethan Hunt wearing a mask.

"Lisa Faust. I corrected. She's the hot girl in those movies."

"Should you be caught, this Secretary won't disavow any knowledge of your actions." She smirked.

I gripped her hand and whispered.

"Good. But you can tie me up later and interrogate me."

"Can it include torture?"

"Anything you want."

"We should buy some toys."

I fought the grin on my face and tried not to squirm at a sudden excitement. More new games I couldn't wait to play.

"Stop now. Ethan Hunt needs to concentrate.

"I thought it was Lisa Faust?

She has better legs."

I laughed.

"Probably taller as well."

"Hello, George. Do you mind if I go in?"

It was hard to sound meek. I'd grown so much.

George just glanced up at me with his usual cursory look and waved me through. He certainly hadn't got the memo. Success.

I darted sideways as soon as I was sure George wasn't looking and took the stairwell. Hard stone steps that rang with each footstep.

At the top, I sneaked a look out into the corridor. One or two people wandering about. In such a big building that was normal. So many people worked here and other than Ray I didn't know any of them, and they didn't know me. I was just another face.

I took a breath and texted Ophelia one simple command.

'Go'

It was less than a minute before I heard the aftermath of her arrival. Shouting drifted up from below. Not so clear I could make it out but I already knew the script. My attention was on the corridor outside again.

It'd take a few minutes of arguing with Ophelia, then a call to Ray. My heart was pounding in my head as I waited on legs that I could feel trembling under me. Once again I felt like an MI5 agent hunting my prey. I could almost hear the Bond theme in my head. This time though it wasn't a mistress I was following. I was actually stealing secrets that affected the State. Real cloak and dagger stuff.

Ray came past pulling his jacket on right on cue. Purposeful steps of a man in control. He was so certain that he would descend in the elevator and silence Ophelia with some threat of destroying her life further. I watched him pass through the small glass panel in the fire door.

As soon as the lift started down I stepped out from the stairwell and steadied the door to close without making a sound. I hurried towards his office. That power Ray believed he had over me was about to become short-lived.

The only possible doubt in our plan proved unfounded. He hadn't brought a temp in to replace Ophelia. The office was deserted.

I found the keys exactly where Ophelia had said. Top right-hand drawer. The small office safe sat openly in the corner. It took nothing to unlock it and spin the combination. It showed his arrogance that he hadn't changed a thing.

Inside I found the journals easily. Three innocuous-looking red books that fitted comfortably into the shopping bag I'd brought with me.

I shut the safe and put the keys back. The easiest heist in history.

I left as I'd arrived, down the stairwell as I heard the elevator whining with Ray's return. I rushed out past George who was trying to settle back to his life of boredom on the door.

"Thank you, George."

I waved just as I had done on every previous visit. In the aftermath of Ophelia's show, he'd not even noticed that it would have been near impossible for me to have spent any time with Ray who was probably taking his seat behind his desk oblivious to the exchange of power between us.

Outside I almost ran to the corner. Adrenaline rushed through my bloodstream and I felt elated. Ophelia was waiting calmly for me. I grinned.

"Oh, James." She mocked.

"The name's Bond. Mandy Bond."

Of course, travelling to Ophelia's apartment by bus didn't have the same mystique as an Aston Martin. Even worse that we had to sit quietly when we both wanted to jump up and down screaming with excitement.

I flicked through the pages seeing just columns of numbers. Dates and sums of money.

"What does it all mean?"

"Nothing on its own. But if you match it up with the real transactions you can tell how much he skimmed away as payment for accepting tenders."

"But we don't have those numbers. Just the fake ones."

"We don't need them.

Give this to the police or the government, or even a newspaper and they will be able to cross-reference it against publicly available data."

She held up a second journal.

"This one's dynamite. It's his secret bank accounts. There's near half a million squirrelled away the tax man has never seen.

I'm sure your solicitor would be keen to know about it as well. If not the Fraud Squad.

Now what do you think it will be worth to Ray not to have any of this stuff see the light of day? A house maybe?"

I was grinning madly.

"We need to decide exactly what we want in return. And quickly."

"What you want. It's your home."

I reached out and touched her hand.

"It's us from now on. We do everything together."

Ophelia smiled. I could see her eyes glazing over at some thought in her head.

"I almost didn't come out that day. When you were sitting in the rain. I didn't want to confront you. Too much guilt."

"Why did you?"

Ophelia sounded soulful when she answered.

"I don't know. That guilt. Wanting to get the argument over and done with. A little bit of feeling sorry for you. And ...

I think I always saw a little bit of the girl who was hiding inside. Despite everything you might have thought about the posh bitch getting between you and your husband at the office, I always kind of liked you. I saw something in you."

I looked her in the eyes."

"Really?"

"Yeah.

I couldn't leave you out in the rain even if you did want to scratch my eyes out. And when you came up to my apartment, I saw how beautiful you could be. That's why I dressed you. I wanted to see... I wanted you to see what you could be."

"You did more than dress me. You shaved my pussy. Can't believe the old me let you do that.

And what were you thinking when you took your clothes off?"

Ophelia started laughing.

"How fucking gorgeous you were. I always knew you were a secret hottie under those boring clothes. But when I saw you in your underwear I was smitten. Stripping off was just the only way I could think of to keep you naked so I could shave you and ... touch you.

I guess I thought you'd be less embarrassed if it wasn't just you.

Do you know how fucking hard that was for me? Looking, touching that beautiful snatch, smelling your scent. Being naked with you and not being able to ...

You're lucky I didn't just dive on you there and then."

"But you didn't know I liked girls? Christ, even I didn't know then. Not really."

"I sort of hoped you did. There was always something about you that said men weren't your thing."

I rolled my eyes back.

"For fucks sake. Everyone knew except me. How is that even possible?"

"We lie to ourselves more than we realise."

"Anna said much the same."

"I frigged myself silly after you left that day." Ophelia admitted.

"I was just in shock.

And confused because it ... excited me when you touched me."

"After that. I just didn't want to let you go. I wanted any excuse to be with you. That's why I said about shopping the next day. It was the first thing that came into my head."

"I'm glad you did."

" I still do." She said with her lips trembling.

"And I always will."

I felt a depth of warmth in my heart I couldn't have imagined possible without having met Ophelia. I leaned forward and we kissed passionately.

I took the journals to Mindy that afternoon. A quick text and we agreed to meet in the park. The idea that we keep them in the house where Ray could get to them was too much of a risk.

"What are they?" Mindy asked taking the bag.

"Insurance."

"Okay."

"Promise me you'll keep them safe. Ray mustn't ever find them. Not until I'm ready to give them back."

Mindy looped my arm and we started walking.

"I'll hide them away. That bastard won't find them with me."

Adam was running across the grass towards the old bandstand. For a moment I saw through his eyes, remembering my childhood in this very park.

Mindy had other thoughts about the old structure on her mind.

"Remember Leigh? Leigh Price?"

"I remember waiting over by the big oak tree while you and him made out in the bandstand."

"Yeah. That's the one.

It was his first time as well. He didn't want to get his cock out in case I laughed."

"Did you?"

"No. The bloody thing terrified me. I was so desperate to do the deed and scared to death it'd hurt or I'd be useless at it.

But we did it. That's the day I had my Cherry popped."

"I remember. You gave me all the gory details when we got back home. You made it sound exciting."

"It was. For me. And him."

I gave her arm a squeeze."

"Wanna know a secret?"

"What?"

"I masturbated in the bathroom after you told me."

Mindy was laughing.

"Wanna know a secret? I heard you."

"Fuck. Really? And you remember that?"

"Yeah. It was a big day for me."

"So what about him?"

"He found me on Facebook."

I stopped walking.

"You thinking of meeting up again?

He was okay. A decent fella. Better than that twat Graham."

She was smiling to herself.

"We already did. Last night."

"Mindy. How did it go? I mean. Is he still available?"

"Is now. He got divorced a year ago."

"So... you and him...?"

"Maybe.

He's improved his skills a lot since the bandstand days is all I'm saying."

"Fucking hell Mindy. On a first date?"

"Not really a first date is it? More, just a long time between dates.

Seems a bit silly saying we need to wait after we already did it fifteen years ago.

"You have a point."

We reached the ramshackle structure. The bandstand was deteriorating fast without maintenance. Mum had grown up with this in the park. Then us and now Adam. The panels around the side were rotten and crumbling, now almost devoid of paint that had been so bright when brass bands had entertained us as children. And the roof had holes when I looked up. It wouldn't see another generation.

"Well, I'm pleased.

Mindy's getting some. Didn't seem right, me getting shagged silly while you played with the shower head. The natural order of things is restored."

Mindy laughed.

"Oh, that showerhead. That's seen some times.

It's your fault you know.

You and the mysterious Ophelia made me think it was time to get my own hole filled.

I've grown tired of playing with myself. And like you said. I'm not getting any younger.

And talking of Ophelia, when am I going to meet her?"

I sighed.

Adam was running around inside the bandstand enjoying the sound of his own voice as kids do.

"You're right. It's time this new start was out in the open.

Let me deal with this other issue and I'll bring her to meet you."

"Mum and Dad?"

I felt a tremble of fear. But I had to face it sooner or later.

"We'll go there after. Not looking forward to it, but it has to be done."

Mindy took my hand and squeezed it.

"Will you warn them for me? Please?" I asked.

"I'd rather they were over the initial shock before I face them."

Mindy smiled.

"I'll pave the way.

It'll be fine."

"Thank you."

With the journals safe I started the walk back, keen to be in the warm again. It'd rain before the day was out and I wanted to be inside before it started.

A flash of yellow approaching grabbed my attention and looking across, I got the shock of my life. The pretty blonde girl I'd seen looking in the shop window a few weeks earlier was heading along the path towards me. The one with the nose piercing and the lips made for blow jobs. But it wasn't a lad on her arm. It was another girl. A little older with a few more tattoos. She was cute rather than pretty. More of a Tomboy type.

They were touchy-feely. Clearly a couple. I suddenly saw those lips as being equally suitable for kissing pussy.

She gave me a smile of recognition as we passed, clearly remembering me.

"Hello." I said without stopping.

I'd caught the attention of another girl. That made me feel good and left me wondering if I always had. Perhaps I'd been so caught up in my disappointment at being invisible to men that I'd just never noticed that I attracted girls.

That day she'd caught me staring. She hadn't reacted as though I was strange. She'd smiled. Had I understood my sexuality then I'd have realised it was the response of someone who saw me in a sexual way. Someone who fancied me.

I sneaked a look behind me and caught the two of them glancing back.

"Wow."

Not for a second did I consider I'd do anything about it. I was more than happy with Ophelia. We were soul mates. But the idea I was attractive to someone was exhilarating. God, I felt good about myself.

One thing about my relationship with Ophelia above all else was that it was fun. Especially her tendency to initiate intimacy when I least expected it and with little warning. And that's what greeted me when I got back.

"Take your clothes off. I need a shag."

I raised my eyebrows. She was sitting on the sofa with her long legs crossed. A hungry tiger watching my every move.

"Just like that? No hello, how did it go? No coffee first?"

She made a play of giving it a thought.

"Nah. I need tits.

Strip."

I grinned. Only moments earlier I'd come from the park, straight back to her flat. I hadn't even taken my coat off. But I was still on a high from someone, a stranger, seeing me as hot. And now Ophelia was making me horny.