The Godmother: Ch. 01

Story Info
A powerful woman, her godchild, and a world of danger.
3.3k words
4.26
7.7k
12
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Francesca DiBartollo stood in the window of her study, smoking a thin cigarette and staring out the window, waiting for her expected visitor to come up her driveway. Francesca lived on a sprawling gorgeous compound, that she had helped build, and fully inherited from her father, Alberto DiBartollo. Her personal home was a gloriously beautiful two story mansion with regal columns in the doorways, the finest furniture in the rooms and gold lining nearly every surface. The property boasted a ten horse stable, with homes scattered around the nearly 80 acre property, all surrounded by a high stone wall, a decorated metal fence and the occasional guard patrolling the grounds. It was truly the home of royalty.

In a way that's what Francesca was. Royalty. Not of any country, or any type of political association. No, Francesca was one of the last powerful Don's in the organization of La Cosa Nostra. The Mafia. The shadowy organization the world had became aware of in the 50's and 60's with Lucky Luciano and the formation of the Commission and the running of illegal booze. The organization that the world had awed at in the 80's and 90's for the brash and brilliant style of men like John Gotti and "Skinny" Joe Merlino. That had spawned cinematic masterpieces and video games, imitating a lawless and liberating life style the common person longed for. And now, in the new decade of the 2010's it was the organization the world had all but forgotten. For good reason. After years in the spot light because of foolish individuals like Gotti and rats like Sammy Gravano, the Don's had decided to lay as low as possible and withdraw from the public eye. They allowed the arrest of mid-tier members and high profile names, allowing the world to believe the FBI had "broken the back" of La Cosa Nostra.

In truth the Mafia was flourishing more than the old days. But gone were the days of shootouts in the street and message killings and bloody mob wars that fed the media monster for weeks on end. Today La Cosa Nostra was businessmen and women, legitimate seeming entrepreneurs in conglomerates and lobbying firms. They held stake in companies and offered loans to small businesses who could not find credit elsewhere, for exuberant rates. They extorted protection money from businesses and held stakes in nearly all gambling in the America. Francesca herself held a board position on three separate companies and was the CEO of a large investing firm with high profile names attached. Though her companies were well known, Francesca hid herself behind shell companies and assumed names. Such was the style today. This allowed her to operate however she liked. Too meet with the politicians and officials she held in her pockets, like change. To send soldiers to the homes of CEO's to other firms competing for bids. To bribe and steal and increase the Empire her father had left behind.

In this way she and the other leaders of La Cosa Nostra kept the peace and business prospered. Francesca had a good relationship with most of the other Dons. She was, the first woman ever to be appointed boss of an American family. A strange thing here, yet in the old country nothing to be surprised at. Family and blood was what mattered, not what lay between the bosses legs. And Don Alberto had borne only two children, Francesca and a son who had tragically died some years ago, in a car accident. It had taken some time but with the support of a few older Dons who remembered the ways of the old country and newer, younger, more forward thinking leaders, Francesca had earned the tremendous respect her father had commanded and honed her own illustrious reputation. Even the Dons that questioned a woman's leadership, dared not do it anywhere but behind closed doors, with ears that they were certain did not belong to Francesca.

This is how we find Francesca on a fateful day in her life. Queen of her kingdom, respected and honored. Senators and Judges sent her gifts on any special occasion. Her local neighborhood businesses refused to charge her for any goods. She was a titan in business. But today she had business of a different kind. Today she had a family matter to attend too. She was waiting for her childhood friend Gabriela Ciccio to bring over her Gabby's daughter and Francesca's goddaughter, Maria. Francesca and Gabriela had met each other in middle school, when Gabriela's family had immigrated to America from Sicily. Gabriela had trouble with her studies, owing to the fact that she knew very little english. Francesca's grandmother had taught her italian as a child so Francesca was on Gabriela's few friends. She would help her by translating the lessons and the work during the classes they shared. Soon they began a study session after school where Francesca would help Gabriela with her homework and teach her english and in return Gabriela, who was by far the smarter of the two back then, taught Francesca the finer points of the subjects in which she studied. In no time at all the two had become fast friends and had stayed that way ever since. They attended college together, dormed together, went to parties together and even had a few drunken experiments together, when they had stumbled home from crashing a sorority party and collapsed into bed together. In fact, it had been her experiences with Gabriela, the kisses, the feel of her lips drunkenly brushing the nape of her neck, the softness of her skin, that had helped Francesca realize she was a lesbian. They had never gone further than a few drunken flings however. They were much better as friends. Francesca had stood as Maid of Honor when Gabby married her husband, and when little Maria Ciccio was born, Francesca had proudly stood as Godmother.

A few weeks ago, Francesca had been called to her private phone by one of her Capo-Regimes. Gabby had called her in hysterics. Maria, who had grown from a sweet and smiling angel, to a rebellious and impertinent young woman, had punched her Professor in his face and shattered his jaw. Maria was facing criminal charges and expulsion from college. After calming her friend over the phone, Francesca made some well placed calls to friends in the area of Maria's school. Friends she had specifically gone out of her way to make when Maria had been accepted, preparing for just such an occasion. The Professor was convinced that filing any charges was not necessary, nor in his best interest and the case was dismissed. The Dean had accepted a generous donation from a charity Francesca sat on the board for and it was agreed that Maria would not be suspended. The incident could not be entirely ignored however, Maria would be suspended from school for the rest of the fall semester and permitted to return in the spring.

Gabriela had come to Francesca the next day, to express her gratitude and beg for her friend's help. She pleaded with Francesca and claimed to be at her wits end with the child. Francesca had smiled, knowing that Gabriela had always been a soft touch with Maria, doting on her and indulging her. It didn't help that due to financial advice from Francesca and the right investments, Gabriela was independently wealthy and the child had never known anything but a life of wealth. A good thing, yet something that tended to instill a sense of entitlement and insolence in a child. Francesca soothed her old friends worries and instructed Gabriela to bring Maria to the property. She would spend her suspension with Francesca, learning of the world and perhaps Francesca's stronger hand would guide the girl back to a better path. Gabriela had first protested such an imposition but Francesca dismissed this with a wave of her hand, reminding Gabby that it was Francesca's duty as Godmother to protect and guide Maria throughout her life. Now, in a time of need was when the girl should come to her Godmother.

Francesca saw the car approach the gate and be stopped by the guard. Recognizing Gabby he waved them through at once, the gate swinging open slowly on a motor and allowing them entrance. Francesca took a last drag on her cigarette, allowing the smoke to fill her lungs for a moment before exhaling, then extinguished it in the ashtray on the large oak desk she normally sat behind and withdrew from the room. She wished to greet her friend and her daughter on their arrival. She descended a long spiraling staircase and made her way to the large white wooden doors. She opened them to step out onto the regal marble staircase outside. The fall air nipped at her, she had forgotten any type of coat and the wind was whipping around her. She was dressed in a business like attire, a white buttoned blouse, covered by a dark grey suit jacket, coupled with a matching pencil skirt, long dark black stockings, and professional tall high heels. Francesca was in her late thirties but still a great beauty. Beautiful long black hair in a curtain on her back, a beautiful classical italian face, full lips, stunning green eyes and a warm soft expression. She maintained a tight figure, with a thin waist, small yet perky breasts and strong yet feminine arms, completed with long meticulously cared for nails, today painted a dazzling white, her long fingers adorned with rings and her slender wrists crowded with gold bracelets. She was taller than average, nearly 5'9 with long powerful legs, ending in smooth perfectly manicured size 9 feet. She was in every sense of the word a true beauty.

She stood patiently as Gabriela pulled up the driveway in her sports car, and stopped it at the bottom of the stairs. Gabby climbed out of the car first. Francesca smiled seeing her oldest friend. A tall and slender woman with a curly mane of bright yellow hair, Gabby was a new age sort of italian. Long nails, fur jackets, high heeled boots and far too much make up for Francesca's taste. But too each their own, she thought. Gabby waved enthusiastically to Francesca, then stuck her head back in the cars window. Francesca could vaguely hear from her spot on the stairs Gabby say pointedly "Get your ass out of this car!" The passenger door opened and out stepped Maria Ciccio.

Francesca's mouth actually fell open a bit. She had not seen Maria since her senior year at high school. She had been a pretty 18 year old, skinny perky and always flaunting her perfect olive oil skin. But Francesca had always viewed her as a bit nerdy, always wearing covering outfits, glasses and prim and proper attire at events. The girl who stepped out of the sports car now may well have been a completely different person. She had maintained her long black hair, but it was now streaked with white, and tied in a firm ponytail. She wore a spiked leather jacket with a tight form fitting band tee underneath that just barely reached her belly button. She had kept her girlish figure as well when she was at school. She was still slender and tall, she wore jeans that hugged tightly around what Francesca considered a perfectly round bottom. The jeans traveled the long distance down her legs to reach heavy platformed leather boots. Francesca thought she reminded her of the rock festival girls she had encountered in college. For one singular moment, Francesca forgot herself and felt a twinge in her pussy, which she quickly ignored. This was her Goddaughter and now was not the time for such thoughts.

Maria rolled her eyes at the sight of the luscious mansion and tried to bolt up the steps to the inside. Gabby had begun taking the bags out of the trunk. As she attempted to pass her, Francesca side stepped in front of Maria and placed a gentle yet firm hand on the girls shoulder. Maria stopped dead in her tracks and looked up at her Godmother in surprise.

"Not even a hello for your Godmother, child?" Francesca asked, with a hint of derision in her voice.

"Hello Aunt Francesca." Maria mumbled her eyes toward the ground and a scowl on her face.

Francesca put two fingers under the girls chin and pressed her face upwards until their eyes met.

"When you speak to someone, look them in the eye, no matter your feelings. Respect given is respect earned." Francesca said firmly, the authority of her position peppering her voice. Maria nodded her understanding as Francesca turned her back towards the car and placed a guiding arm around her shoulder.

"Gabby!" Francesca called, "Put those bags down." She turned back to Maria saying, "A woman must learn to make her own way in this world. While you are here, you will learn the value of earning your keep. You will have a room and meals but you will clean and work for yourself. This begins now. Take your bags into the house for you mother, like a good daughter should."

Maria raised an eyebrow at her Godmother and opened her mouth for what Francesca was sure would be some snippy retort. However Francesca fixed her with a small yet cold and stern smile and Maria buckled immediately. She slumped off to the car and begrudgingly picked up the bags her mother had put down and carried them past Francesca, into the large mansion. Gabby came over and embraced her friend, kissing Francesca on both cheeks and hugging her close.

"I'm so sorry Francesca, she's disrespectful." Gabby said with a tone of worry in her voice.

Francesca shrugged her shoulders, "All young women are. That is why she's here. To learn from her Godmother. Will you stay for dinner?"

Gabby shook her head saying "I can't, Roldolpho and I have tickets for a play in the city. I have to get back to get ready." She looked at Francesca again with the same tinge of worry in her eyes. "I really can't thank you enough for this Francesca, are you sure it isn't an imposition? I'd feel better if I could give you some money or something.." Gabby trailed off, cowed by the stern, almost angry look Francesca had fixed her with. Francesca was disappointed in her old friend. They were not business associates. This was a personal favor Francesca had chosen to do, Gabby thought it a favor that she would need to return. The kind strangers asked for. Not friends and family. Yet after a moment's thought, Francesca's gaze softened. Gabriela was no fool, she knew who Francesca was, who she had become over the past ten years. She was treading lightly. Francesca attempted to put her mind at ease saying,

"How many favors have we done for each other over the years Gab? You are practically my sister, think nothing of it. It will be nice to have someone else besides the staff knocking around this old place."

Gabby smiled, comforted by her friends words. "Thank you Francesca. I owe you. Mio dio, do I owe you!"

Francesca hugged her friend again and said "Think no more of it. Go, get ready for your night. Enjoy yourself and we'll see you for dinner in two weeks."

Gabby returned the hug and with a final smile, turned and got in her car and headed back up the long driveway. Francesca watched her go for a moment, laughing internally at her friends awkwardness. Then she turned and went back into the house. She found the bags Maria had carried dumped lazily just inside the entrance. Sighing she walked a little further into the house and found Maria sprawled onto one of her black leather couches, feet up and engrossed in her phone. Francesca drank in the sight. As impertinent as the child may be, Francesca couldn't deny the raw sexuality of her. She gave off a rebellious, even dangerous air. She was still young enough to inspire adventure in her personality and her bratty demeanor was just cute enough to be somewhat endearing. However Francesca had a job to do and she meant to do it. This rebellious beauty needed a wake up call. She walked over to Maria and with a sweeping motion of her arm, knocked the girls legs from the couch onto the floor. Maria shot her a glowering look which Francesca ignored.

"Get your bags and follow me. I will show you to your room, then we can prepare for dinner."

"Yeah I'm not hungry but thanks." Maria said with an air of dismissal.

"It wasn't a request." Francesca replied coldly.

"Whatever Aunt Cesca, I'll go up late-" Maria never finished the sentence. Francesca had brought her hand clear across the young woman's face in a hard slap that turned her head and jostled the phone straight out of her hand. Maria held her face, stunned at the action and looked up in shock at her Aunt.

Francesca spoke firmly, yet softly, a trick she had learned from her Father. "While you are here, you will obey my rules. If I tell you to do something, you do it. My staff are here to serve me, they have been told not to assist you until I instruct them they are allowed. Your mother has indulged you your entire life. You will find no such comfort here. Now get your things."

Maria stared coldly at her Godmother for a few moments, and Francesca wondered if the challenge she anticipated was coming would come now. But after a few moments Maria let out a frustrated huff and traipsed over to her bags and picked them up. Francesca walked to the staircase and beckoned Maria to follow her. She led the girl up to the second floor, and down a long hallway. When they reached the end, Francesca pointed to a large double wooden door on the left and said,

"This one is my room, you will be across the hall."

Francesca opened the opposite set of double doors to reveal a luxurious bedroom. A four poster king sized bed with blankets and pillows on every inch. The room had a small library in the corner with leather armchairs and a small table between them. The walls were papered with fresco's and paintings from artists throughout the ages, and on the far side, two large glass doors which opened out to a balcony that overlooked the property.

"Wow." said Maria softly, as she placed her two suitcases on the bed, barely creasing the plump purple comforter.

"Take your time and unpack, dinner will be ready in about an hour." Francesca said as she turned to leave.

"Any dress code I have to adhere too?" Maria shot snidely as her Godmother turned her back. Francesca paused for a moment and drew a breath. Damn child just couldn't help herself. Without turning around she replied "Keep up the sarcasm and I'll have you back in the catholic school uniforms you used to wear. Downstairs in an hour."

As she went into her own room to change into more comfortable clothing for dinner, Francesca's mind wouldn't stop asking if it would be the absolute worst thing in the world if the young co-ed came to dinner in her school girl uniform.

*

Hey everyone! Samuel Adams here. Hope you enjoyed Chapter 1. As you can tell it's going to be a long journey for Francesca and Maria. Any feedback is appreciated and I hope to have Chapter 2 completed in the next few days. While this is more of a novel than a actual erotica, trust me, we'll get down and dirty soon enough. Until next time, keep your friends close, and your lovers even closer.

- A son of liberty