All Comments on 'The Grass Isn't Always Greener'

by BlueGee

Sort by:
  • 410 Comments (Page 5)
cuzimhavingagoodtimecuzimhavingagoodtimeabout 1 month ago

The deeply stupid assumption made by this story and the vast majority of the commenters: It is simply impossible for an adult woman to have ethics and basic self-control.

She's into the idea of doing non-monogamy, he's not. So literally just say no. He should tell her he doesn't want to do it! And then move on with their lives! Oh, but that's impossible, you see by coming forward with her desire to have sex with a bunch of people, she has revealed herself to be unchangeably just a debased Harlot, it's now literally impossible for her not to cheat.

Straightforwardly deeply misogynistic. or maybe just laughably puritan? Tell me, are men with gross unacceptable sexual fantasies also assumed to be cursed with uncontrollable slutiness, or is it just woman? Please reply and let me know!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The character Hope was a narcissist and 'cake-eater'. You can't build a stable, loving marriage on that basis. So the guy was much better off without her. Her other friends came across as too stupid to make that connection. The problem is, cake-eaters seldom learn the lessons of their mistakes. Maybe with new friends to keep her on the straight and narrow. My first marriage was to a younger undergraduate student while I was a doctoral student. I thought we had a great relationship, my focus as a respected aspiring scholar while she was very popular socially and we seemed to complement each other. But as it turned out, she was a true campus slut, and I was too preoccupied to notice until a female friend told me. So I got a painful divorce even as she acted remorseful, or even desperately penitent and I just finished my doctorate and left town for a post-doc. Turns out she was an alcoholic which brought out her libido. Saw her again years later married to some former accounting frat with two kids and she looked sad and shopworn. And my only thought was 'what had I seen in her?' Fate can be cruel. I dodged that bullet, thank God, and been married to a wondrously loving woman for over 20 years since. And a former sorority girl done well at that! Love this author. Well done.

IgnoringResponsibilitiesIgnoringResponsibilitiesabout 1 month ago

Phenomenal story telling. Such human characters that follow the same behavior some of my friends have. Hope’s friends disagreed with her choice, but supported and cheered her on her escapades. Michels friends thinking it was weird and they wouldn’t have agreed to it, but he still agrees and even tortures himself by keeping in touch with her. His friends even fucking her because she wanted an mfm.

Hope being able to just go out and get dick, but michel is only really pulling from a pool of women he already knows. Michels mom siding with hope is such a classic and would happen to me, too, while my dad doesn’t comment on the sidelines. I love how much michel gave up, opened the relationship, gave a chance at coming back, gave her the ring, let her stay in their apartment - readers are left telling him to grow a spine, but he’s just a guy hopelessly in love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I said it before and I will say it again. ( now listen up women ) If I wanted a Bitch I would buy a DOG...

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

I loved it and gave it 5 stars. Hope needed to grow up. My wife and I met at 18, then got married at 19. We've been married for over 40+ years now, with all of them either good or very good years. My health being the sore spot in the last 5 years now.

Back to the story; how old was Trisha? Or Hope's other friends? I'm guessing pretty close to the same age, give or take a year or two since Hope was now 18. Most of her friends would probably marry Michel without a second thought, other than their friendship with Hope. So, why did Hope feel that she needed to be with more men? Wasn't her non-couple friends enough for her to realize that finding "Mr Right" is hard enough? Just like finding "Mrs Right" is hard too.

I liked the story, and it was well written and flowed good enough to keep the reader involved.

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

Pathetically sad. Hope let the serpent into her garden of Edens. Such remorse when she was cast out from Paradise. Michel found redemption?

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

What a collection of truly awful people

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

My favorite from you. A compelling read. And what a slut. He dodged a bullet for sure. She was sincere and honest and was fully realized, not a cartoon, but was a slut, thinking with her pussy. In no way is any kind of sex ever close to what a loving relationship brings. That's like trading a farm for an egg. Good thing he dumped her when he did.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

there are those who say that sex without love can happen ??

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

For me, this is one of the best I've read on It. Sad but believable, as life so often happens, it can take a long time to understand the results of one's own actions and the lessons they teach.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlueGee@BlueGee
Not all stories need heroes, not all stories need villains, sometimes they are people making good or bad decisions for bad or good reasons, human fallibility is always more interesting. My stories, even when dealing with infidelity aren't going to be mindless, dull btb stori...

SIMILAR Stories