All Comments on 'The Guitar Player Ch. 06'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 219 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An ambitious effort, producing mediocre results. I skipped over most of this last installment, it just wasn't compelling or interesting. You even sucked the energy out of me needed to make a substantive comment.

Thanks for the effort.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Bloody hell. Choking up dammit

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Great story all the way through. Kind of a bittersweet country song ending, but it worked so well. This is one I'll read again. Thank you Mr Webb.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Loved it, each and every chapter. Only StoneyWebb can kill someone off so perfectly! I commend you for a wonderful story. 25 stars, lol.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

If Alex is 78, his son must be at least in his 40's, even 50's, and is only now being trained to take over?

\

"She said it would be a way to get closure." - Screw closure, it probably embarrassed Tanya all to hell to have to open for Robbie.

\

"I was looking forward to getting home after a long hard tour." - I thought he wasn't touring that much?

\

When he came back from the Stagecoach Festival, it was his 45th birthday, the years rolled by, and it's his 45th birthday again? Or are we flashing back?

\

Kind of cheap saying that they would hate him,as if he was having an affair, when it was really that he had cancer. "Actually, it was by mutual agreement that our relationship ended." - I'm sorry, having cancer isn't a "relationship." That's a huge red herring. Again, why would his family hate him for it? Even the very beginning, "I still couldn't believe that Robbie had left me without even saying a word. I was so angry and devastated that he left without a single word to me after twenty-four years of marriage. How could he do that to me? Still, everyone was telling me that I had to put him aside and get on with my life. I know that they're right, but it is still so very hard for me do." She's ANGRY at him for "leaving" her? "How could he do that to [her]?" As if he had a choice.

\

I find it hard to believe that he could go through cancer treatments without anybody finding out.

\

@Anonymous Re: "Who is the wife in chapter 1?" - Why it's Dawn, of course!

\

I'm sorry, the deliberate misdirection of the cancer/affair ruined it for me. That, and the short chapters. The six parts combined, without the recaps, probably could have been done in nine pages, maybe less.

jayshawncarterjayshawncarterover 2 years ago

This was a great fuckin story!!

calgarycamperscalgarycampersover 2 years ago

Great job. Thank you for sharing.

Rw43Rw43over 2 years ago

I was a little disappointed with this installment but overall the story was great.

I think my disappointment was partly my fault; I used your foreshadowing to anticipate some of the developments, which in turn made them seem emotionally flatter than they really were. Some of the emotion was more syrupy than strong, but the ending scene was powerful. Good thing he recorded his singing to the babies.

The intro scene from Ch 1– and it’s reprise in Ch 6–remind me of the classic song “Softly as I Leave You”, which Elvis said was written by a guy on his deathbed. Apparently it wasn’t, but it made a powerful story and got his version of the song lots of extra air time.

SW, whenever you drop a story it’s worth kicking my shoes off and putting my feet up. (Though one of the chapters was too brief to make it worth a full cup of coffee.)

Thanks for your contributions to Loving Wives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

REALLY can't please them all! Readers feel slighted when they feel the story was left upended. Finish it to the passing of the main character and they still bitch. I read one very stupid comment 'utterly trite to have Robbie die of cancer' - please explain how a disease that effects practically every family is TRITE? REALLY good story regardless of what some may say - thank you!

somewhere east of Omaha

OnethirdOnethirdover 2 years ago

Nice warm story. Can’t believe some commenters would call it boring. Not too classy, but that’s what you get a lot on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn allergies…

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As I read this series I found myself looking forward to each new part. By the end, I just wanted for it to continue. The ending for me was appropriate and I have now realized that I will not be reading any more about Robby and Dawn. At 74 years old, it was an ending that I really enjoyed and could understood how appropriate it was to their life. Thank you and I will be watching for more of your great stories. God Bless.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No comments..multiple 5*

beanburner69beanburner69over 2 years ago

A great story. Forget the naysayers for me it was another great ending. I thought he had cheated on his 3rd wife. A great but sad ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
what a surprise

the author not only has it for dem states but for unions too... and he can't shut his mouth about it.

the story was pretty much shit anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

too corny...although english ok. "ennertainmemt" turns me off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Probably the Best Story on literotica or other.

Rating of 5 doesn't start to do this story justice.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

Well done!

This was a long multi-layered story.

It fits well into LW catagorie.

But there's more to this story.

In recent years we've lost some big Country stars.

I'd like to see this story as somewhat a homage to them.

A beautiful, impressive homage.

My thanks StoneyWebb and respect.

Top ratings from me.

SAV12SAV12over 2 years ago

RATING! A 9 OUT OF 10 *.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Reads like a country song...5 stars.

arrowglassarrowglassover 2 years ago
What a ride!

So well done! Thanks!

spud65spud65over 2 years ago

Oh crap I hate sad ending to stories with so much heartache in them, but still… great story loved it…

Talmadge69Talmadge69over 2 years ago

Loved it, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The boring comments were hugely out numbered !! As far as the comments about 'hiding' the cancer treatments, there have been advancements. For instance I have been treated for cancer for the last three years and other than the first 2 1/2 months it has been only immunotherapy. The walk to treatment takes more out of me than the meds.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars amazing story. One of the best on the site. Very well done!

Po8pPo8pover 2 years ago

Good to take one's mind away for a while but when you miss s timeframe of a story,it irks me.

You over grossed it,lost the timeframe, once again but hope you'll remember not to do that mistake.

Thanks a bunch

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good until the end. Robbie's death was unnecessarily sad and unnecessary to the story.

IndyOnIndyOnover 2 years ago

Why do a lot of your good stories end in death??

Your a bastard but a hell of a writer....*5*

jmmj5jmmj5over 2 years ago

An enjoyable yarn.

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent is such an understatement!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm crying honestly, I'm happy Rob got to pass on having a life full of people that loved him.

Hornydevil47Hornydevil47over 2 years ago

Firstly to Anonymous 18 days ago, do people not die in your family, or your friends. Unfortunately for us that is exactly what happens. To some of you who commented early on in the story about the chapters being to short I guess you are a so called speed reader! I loved this story and best of all it was free. Absolutely well done author and thank you. I am addicted to your stories and will definitely keep reading.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

I left this last chapter for a while, just read it now. I had tears streaming down my face, a tribute to a great author. 5/5 is not enough for such a great story. I wish l could give it more.

It goes into my favourites. The only tribute l can give it. Look forward to your future works.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - mostly a decent story, but then again I dislike sad endings.

Happy endings and riding off into the sunset, living happily ever after are more to my liking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story had me crying like a baby

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 2 years ago
Just came across this story

Outstanding. Your depiction of the characters makes a reader picture them and all their victories and defeats. Excellent work. I will now have to read the other stories you have posted.

Thank you for a great tale and for all your hard work.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well,I asked for complete endings & I got it here.

Well done!

Bill

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

I think this is a fantastic, heart wrenching story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it I wish it could be made into a movie.I am going to read your other stories now

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is one of the best stories I have read! Through the last chapter and especially the last page, my eyes sweating for some reason. THANK YOU!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very good story, read through it a second time. Next to reading, music has been my joy. Thank you for a great tale. 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalover 2 years ago

wait so after he sand the kids to sleep, he went and wrote about it, then came back and died?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A beautiful and touching story that finally evolved past all the pain, suffering and hatred to focus on the true love and happiness in one’s ❤️.

Parts of the story seemed to drag a bit and perhaps there could have been a bit more revenge. It also shows that you always need to be sure you have a handle on your overall life and health - and financial forethought and planning. Don’t take things for granted and love what you love and touch those those who are special in your ❤️.

Thank you for a great and well written story.

We enjoyed.

SW

drycreeksdrycreeksover 2 years ago

Geeze i really hate sad ending stories. A real tear jerker. I was afraid u were going to kill Fawn off the blamy its Robby. But i really enjoyed all but the ending. Thanks for ur hard work

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If you sing bla, bla, bla in a country twang with backup vocals that sound like the Charlie Brown teachers, you will have the musical equivalent of this overdrawn waffling nonsense. It's a good theme but it's at best a 3 chapter story. This bloat is preposterous. It only gets high marks because any story on literotica that is more than 20k words, that has a betrayed husband and a happy ending will always get at least 4.5 stars. It's a website rule in the FAQ I believe. That doesn't mean it's worthy. It simply means the readers are easy to please and unable to prevent that initial feeling of joy at a happy ending from overriding their long term memory of boredom and annoyance. This was not a good story. It was drawn out melodrama. At least there were no aliens.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I had my doubts when I first started reading the story. As events started to unfold my inerst was peaked. In the end it turned into a great read for me with a touching end. Pick it apart if you will. Wonder what is so wonderful that you posted.

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 2 years ago

A heart touching tale of love, lust, betraya & sacrifices......

Real life scenario..... Larger than life portrait of a simple man

Keep it up....

MarrttyMarrttyabout 2 years ago

Loved this story2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it but I agree the ending sucked, would much rather it ended with him still alive and retired. Just didn't need the downer ending. Still 5* because it was a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very well done although I could have done without the end with Robby dying. Great character development to the point where I had a clear picture of each one was. ~5+~ for this memorable 6 chapter story.

nogravynogravyabout 2 years ago

Good plot, great pacing, characterization was great, but fuck you for making me dewy-eyed. Five Stars for me!

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Great story… but a very sad ending. Thank-you

seeker76seeker76about 2 years ago

ouch ending.. I'm thankful it wasn't that he did something bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story but a painful ending. Heart breaking to realize Dawn's grief but what an ending!! 5+*s.

MarrttyMarrttyalmost 2 years ago

Great story, I lived it. IMO your best work.

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

Read this one again. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The onions they are real and vicious. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story except for the ending!

mtr1gomtr1goalmost 2 years ago

Probably one of the best stories I have read on this or any other site.

We2are1We2are1almost 2 years ago

powerful, powerful my lovely wife and i agree soooo POWERFUL

rlrmiller1951rlrmiller1951almost 2 years ago

this was my second time reading this story and it still brought tears to my eyes. one of the best on the entire site.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 2 years ago

Great series. Terribly sad ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, but I hated the ending. I usually I like having an epilog, but this one would have better without.

We2are1We2are1almost 2 years ago

wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL. not the first and certainly not the last time WE will read this story. WE thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A story on my favorites list, I just finished reading it again. I expect more great tales to come! Yes, the ending was sad but as we have learned during our lives - the only thing we are promised in life, it ends with death. For those reading the tale who could argue that he lived life as he wanted and enjoyed it. Thank you for the tale!

somewhere east of Omaha

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

A really touching and amazing story. Thank you! So far, my favorite by this author

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a truly amazing story! Probably the best I have read on this site. Thank you.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

What's that line about the best revenge is a well lived life? I think if you asked most Men their opinion on that particular bit of down home wisdom it would be fuck that burn them to the ground!

Masculinity is such an interesting behaviour, phenomenon I mean we all see women trying to act Masculine with their short hair power suits or lesbians with the buzz cut and truly awful wardrobe choices. But is that it is Masculinity a hair cut and an attitude personally as primal and neanderthal modern females like to depict us I choose to believe we're deeper and more nuanced than that.

HistProf2019HistProf2019over 1 year ago

One of the best I 've read on this site, and maybe one of the best read anywhere. Definitely, a 10.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Five stars. Favorited. Sincere thankyou sir.

I'm glad you let your MC get his head back screwed on straight when you did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

you couldn't resist spoiling it in the end instead of 'they all lived happily ever after, shame on you for marring a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No criticisms for this story. one of the best that I have been privileged to read. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like how Alex is still managing our mcs songs, even after our mc died at over 50 years old when Alex was should be pushing 100+ at that point

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Blah

Opinionated1Opinionated1over 1 year ago

thank you for a wonderful story :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Look there could have been an even worse ending still. When Robbie was in his early to mid 50’s, Dawn was around 45 or so……the Martian Slut Ray might have hit her just about the time Trey was getting out of prison……and Trey probably had at least an 10 to 12 inch cock capable of giving her …..a LITEROTICA style “Best sexual experience ever……by far and of course way better than anything Robbie could ever do for her”…….and which she would have certainly told Robbie that was the case. And Something she would “treasure and remember fondly for the rest of her life”. Then for the cup de grace Robbie could have pulled his big girl panties up and taken her back, forgiving her for all the cheating and all th creampies she had made him eat……because she got off doing it ……just because it made her so hot! R. H.

mbh129mbh129over 1 year ago

I love a story that makes me want to keep coming back to read more of it. This is one of them. I got hooked on "Christmas at WJTW". I am working my way through them, slowly. May the muse of writing (and story telling) keep the spirit in you moving. Can't wait for more. Mark

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

a critiquer signing off as R.H. is a douche faggot, w/ a minuscule dick and personality characteristics that even a dog wouldn't ever love.. rk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This writer was so over fucking dramatic about the cancer and the secrecy.....what a stupid cunt!!

What happened to the lawyer, his family lawyer who was representing Tanya in the divorce and the conflict of interest ?????

How could his parents hug him for the birthday concert when his father was already deceased by then????

Jenny????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Best I’ve read here. To those that didn’t like, fuck off.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 year ago
An

An outstanding story.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 1 year ago

This wonderfull last installment made up for all the shortcomings in the previous ones. 5*

BadHusbandMikeBadHusbandMikeabout 1 year ago

The best work you have done so far. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Still crying

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Excellent story. Really captivating.

muskyboymuskyboy12 months ago

Good story but the ending was way too sad.

tinfoilhattinfoilhat11 months ago

Wow. What a story.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Nice story Stoney. The only thing you forgot were trains and a pickup truck.

Thanks for the effort.

Doc

usaretusaret11 months ago

What a wonderful and sad ending, Brought this old soldier to tears.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good story.

Schwanze1Schwanze111 months ago

Ought to be a movie

AccelarVesterAccelarVester11 months ago

What a wonderful story! Thank you!

5*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wonderful story. Brilliantly scripted. Gut punch ending but life's like that. The important people found love and a good life. Just too short but life is not always fair. Thank you for writing this. BardnotBard.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well hell.

I just got done bailing hay and it’s over 95 outside…

So I sat down with a half a gallon of ice water and read this story.

I too have had two failures at marriage… and the endings were almost like the ones in this story… tho I don’t play the guitar and I can’t even sing to the cows.

I am glad there was happiness in Robbie’s third try.

My kids keep me going….

I agree… would make a hell of a movie!

Five plus stars!

KaeyoKaeyo9 months ago

Gonna echo several other commenters here … MOVIE.

But, oh my dear and fluffy lord, please not Lifetime or Hallmark.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous