The High Priest of the Goddess

Story Info
The Goddess of family solves problems in many ways.
11.3k words
4.65
36.2k
78
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer -

All characters are over 18. Any reference to 'summers' or 'winters' should be considered as years.

(e.g. "She had seen 18 summers" = 18 years old)

The locations, religion, people and history are entirely fictional.

////////////////////

Temple of the goddess of the family – the fourth year of the reign of Queen Nameria (3056 BC).

The trade city of Kamberni.

––––––––––––

Many worshippers came and went every day. Most just left offerings of thanks. Grain, bread, meat, milk. Occasionally they came with coins or finer gifts. Gifts the temple gratefully received. Those more exquisite gifts would be presented to me - the high priest – in person, and I would bestow my blessings upon them.

An important task, but not my favourite.

Another role was as conductor of marriages. All marriages began in the temple of the goddess of the family, for all families began here. Many of the priests view it as our most sacred duty, and are surprised when I passed it to lesser priests so freely.

In truth, my favourite role was that of the peacemaker – between the goddess and those she was upset with. Though other priests disliked this task, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

As before, it would usually be the more well-off clients who earned my personal attention, though I would help some poorer cases too, if I felt the goddess would want them helped.

Worship and thanksgiving were always done at the front of the temple. Atonement and reunification always was done in special rooms at the rear of the holy building, close to the priestly chambers.

The first group of the afternoon were shown into the room. A man of working age, maybe 20 or 21 summers, and a woman clearly his mother by her age and her similarity to the younger man. Her hair had silvered, but her body was still firm. They were both well dressed, and a small amount of jewellery hung from both of them. The woman had a strange mark on her neck, and I realised it was from where a large necklace had once been, hiding her skin from the scotching outside sun, but for some reason the necklace was no longer worn.

I called a servant to bring chairs for the two guests. I had seen them before in previous years bringing good offerings to our temple. With an older man, if I remembered correctly. The woman's husband.

They sat in their chairs opposite my official throne-of-office. A solid stone chair on a dais, it raised me slightly above the pair. Behind them was the alter to the goddess, a long strong slab of marble where offerings could be presented. And staring down at the marble alter, at the other end of the room, was a large statue of the goddess herself.

"High Priest..." The woman began, before her son interrupted and took over.

"High Priest, we seek your guidance" he said reverently but firmly. "We believe we have somehow offended the goddess, and seek your council on how to restore us in her sight."

I thought for a moment, listening to the man, trying to seek what the goddess may have become unhappy with. "Explain" I instructed simply.

This time the mother spoke. "Our family has always been devoted to the goddess. Every year, my late husband and I would bring our sons and we would bring gifts, thanking her for good business deals the past year. But..."

She choked back a tear, before moving on with her story.

"...Last year, the god of health took back his protection on my husband, and he passed on to the next realm. Since then..."

The son picked up the story. "Since then, our business goes sour. Our deals fall through, our trade caravans get hit by bandits. And now we come to give our yearly offering, but find we have nothing to give ourselves, let alone give to the goddess."

I stood up and moved to the large statue at the other end of the room. Praying loudly to the goddess for many minutes, I stroke the goddess's statue, or slap my hands on the marble alter.

The answer comes to me. The goddess has given me her wisdom.

I return to the couple, a question on my lips for the mother. "He is not your oldest son, is he?"

She shook her head. "No, your grace. My eldest has no skill for numbers and trades. In truth, he fell upon his head as a child. So my younger child here took over the family business when my husband passed."

"Then the problem is clear!" I tell both of them. "As is a solution. Three solutions, in fact."

"Please my lord!" the young man said urgingly. "We will do what you ask!"

I slowly explained. "The most simple solution is for your eldest to take responsibility for the family business. He must organise each trade and caravan."

"Impossible!" the younger son said loudly, his voice raised in slight anger at the suggestion. "My brother cannot count past seven. How would he organise our business?! Tell us – what was the other solution. Surely that is better."

I looked at the woman, ignoring her son for a moment. "You could remarry. Then offer the usual sacrifices and your new marriage will be blessed like the old one."

"But my lord", the mother replied "The family business would become his, not mine. And my sons would lose their inheritance. Plus I am a older woman now, seeing almost fifty summers. It would be almost impossible to find a good husband at my age, without becoming a second or even third wife. You said there was a third option. What is it?"

I smiled at both of them. "Simple. Fuck. Each other."

"...my lord?" the mother's voice stuttered in surprise.

"When your husband died, the goddess's blessing on him moved to your oldest. It is the way of things. But your younger child tries to trade without her divine guidance. That offended her. But..."

I pointed at the marble alter.

"...If you fuck your son in the sight of the goddess, she will see him as your new husband, and your trade blessings will return."

I watched the woman's face for a long time, as she processed the news. First shock and revulsion, as she considered the taboo suggestion – to have forbidden union with her son. Her face changed to a smile as she thought back on her first time in this temple, becoming married to her husband, and their first union. Her virgin blood staining the alter of the goddess in one of the marriage rooms, as their marriage was consummated in front of the goddess and one of her priests.

She moved her hand to her neck, to the place where the large necklace had once been. She'd clearly been forced to sell it recently to cover bills. She thought on her home, and the lifestyle she was used to living. She thought of her oldest son, unable to survive without the family business.

Slowly, she looked me in the eyes, and nodded.

I stood up and took the woman's hand, leading her to the alter. She looks up at the statue of the goddess, her beautiful marble face staring back down at the motherly woman. She genuflected reverently to the goddess of the family, ready to do what she must for her god.

The younger son however, did not seem too upset by this turn of events. Even as his mother gently removed her underclothing, he was already fully naked, and stroking his member to shape. She placed two hands on the marble alter and leaned her body over. She moved one hand over to her mouth for a moment, and gathered spit, before moistening herself with it.

The son moved behind her, and positioned himself at her entrance. Without even waiting for an acknowledgement, He pushes himself firmly forward, and pushed his sword into his mother's scabbard. They both let out a moan, and I watch as their incestuous 'marriage' begins. His fast thrusting showed little care for his mother's older body. He fucked her like she were just 18 summers old, where in truth she was closer to 50.

As I walk around the alter and the couple, chanting the solemn prayers to the goddess, I feel a stirring in my own undergarments. Not unusual for the situation. I call to the servant at the door, and tell them to send for apprentice Kimba. I hear the feet of the servant run down the hallway.

Kimba bowed her head to the goddess reverently as she enters the room. The light from a nearby candle dancing across her long golden hair. My niece, she looks the near spitting image of my sister at that age of 20 summers. In her second year as apprentice to become a priestess, she looks at the couple, and then back to me, realising what I wanted from her.

As I finished my final circle of prayer around the couple, I instructed them to change positions. The younger son now laid on the cold slab of marble, his dick pointing up towards the statue and the sky above.

I sat back down on my official throne-of-office, as the older woman climbed onto the alter, and squatted over her son. Grabbing her son's dick, she lowered herself down onto it. Words like 'oh goddess' came from both of them as the mother rode the son.

Meanwhile, my niece moved in front of me, and undid the front fastenings from my priestly robe. My cock burst out, and without hesitation she placed it into her mouth.

This was not unusual for a marriage ceremony. The priest or priestess had to watch the whole consummation, after all. It would be unseemly for the priest to conduct a ceremony with more inflamed passion that the couple they are watching, and worse for him to fix the problem himself, as that would bring anger from the goddess as well as disrespect the couple in front of him.

So the apprentices would be called to help hide the problem, with their mouths.

This was not the first time my niece had done this for me during a marriage ceremony. She knew she was my favourite. And to do this for a high-priest was a great honour. Something that would help her in the future. I myself performed the same service on both priests and priestesses during my initial training.

I feel my niece's tongue swirling round my cock, a move that always excites me. But my own pleasure is distracted by the couple on the alter.

A loud moan burst out of the younger son's mouth, as a different burst erupted from his dick, straight into the womb of his mother. I watch her shudder as she feels his cum inside her. She waits, hovering her body above him, until he has finished releasing himself. Then, she carefully lifted herself off him, a thin trail of cum leaking out of her and onto the marble alter.

"Come here" I instruct them both. I rest my hand for a moment on my niece's golden hair, a silent signal to keep going.

The two quickly throw their clothes back on, and walk towards the throne-of-office. The man seems a little surprised my blow-job is continuing, but the woman shows no such shock.

"I feel the goddess has placed her blessing back onto you" I tell them both. "Your business with thrive again after today. But do not forget, you are married in the eyes of the goddess now, and must consummate it regularly, as man and wife. At least twice between every full moon."

"But what of my own wife?!" The younger man asks me, surprised by my instruction to keep fucking his mother.

My eyes close for a moment, as I imagine the man telling his wife of his new, 'second wife'. I imagine her anger towards him. Then I think of them in an evening, sharing a bed. I imagine his wife watching him fuck his own mother. I imagine the wife joining in, sitting on the face of the mother as the husband/son fucks her in their marriage bed. Or maybe it is the mother who sits on her daughter-in-law's face, as she watches her son's cock sliding in and out of his wife's wet cunt.

The combination of these incestuous thoughts, and the pleasurable blow-job is too much. I shoot my cum into my sweet niece's mouth. She swallows every drop as it squirts out, licking the tip gently as if coaching more to come out.

Kimba keeps sucking, even as the dick goes limp. She hides that I have finished. It would not be right for the guests to know I had cum imagining them in their marriage bed.

"Alas," I finally say, trying to pretend my long silence was caused by deep meditation, rather than sexual fulfilment. "I can think of no way around this. The rules of the Goddess are clear on second and third marriages. You must be equal to all your brides. Exactly equal. Each time you lay with your first wife, you must also lay with your second."

"What does that mean?" Asks the man, though the mother's odd smile suggests she has already realised. "At the same time?"

"If you want. But I suspect that would not bring the most harmony to your family. Simply follow this instruction - If you sleep with your wife on the first day of the week, You should fuck your mother on the second day. Or at least before you sleep with your wife again. Alternately, so to speak. If you wish to keep things secret, I suggest your mother spends much more time at your warehouse on the edge of the city. The business needs her help, it seems."

I smile at them in silence, and they realise their audience with me has finally ended.

As they go to walk out, I see the mother go to clean her son's cum from the stone alter.

"Leave it!" I call out. "It was an offering". She bows her head solemnly, first to me, then to the goddess, before leaving with her son.

Only once they have left does Kimba move her head from my now-soft cock. She stands, wiping her mouth as she does so. Then she neatly refastens my priestly robe, before checking her own appearance.

"You did well today" I tell her honestly, planting a small kiss on her cheek. "This will not be forgotten when you complete your training."

She says nothing, other than bowing slightly.

"What do you know of the next to seek my audience?"

"An interesting case. Siblings" she tells me calmly. "Twins, male and female. Born around eighteen summers ago. They have no money, but the priest at the audience gate felt the goddess's urgency upon them. They beg an audience, and the protections of our goddess, from Oiram, god of thieves."

"How unusual." I remark. "Twins, hmmm?"

"Yes, your holiness" My niece says quietly. "They look very similar in face and height, despite their more obvious differences."

I look over at the statue of the goddess, and the marble table for offerings.

A smile creeps over my face. "You'd better show them in then."

––––––––––––––––––––––––-

Part 2

––––––––––––––––––––––

The siblings enter nervously. They are holding each other's hands and marvelling at the splendour of the inner temple.

Kimba, my niece shows them in, and guides them to sit down in the chairs in front of my throne-of-office.

They were poor to begin with, clearly. Their simple brown clothes show the wear and tear of age and repair. But there are additional cuts too, small ones that have cut both cloth and skin. They look like they have crawled through the dirt to get here, as well as not eating for many days.

"Apprentice!" I call out to my niece before she leaves us. "Our guests here clearly haven't eaten in many days. Bring food and water. Nothing too rich, for I fear their stomachs wouldn't hold it."

She nods, and leaves me with the twins.

Even without them saying a word, I too feel what the entry guard felt when the two approached the temple. The goddess's blessing was upon them both.

"My dear children, you have nothing to fear here" I tell them kindly. "The hand of the goddess is clearly upon you. While we wait for food to arrive, please let me know your names? And how many summers have you seen?"

The male twin spoke first. He was broader shouldered than his sister, and his arms had showing of a farmer. Probably a vine grower. He had short, curly brown hair and a soft, clean shaven face. Or maybe he just didn't have much beard yet.

"Your holiness, your kindness is beyond worth. My name is Felis, and this is my sister Orpha. We were born on the last moon of summer, nineteen summers back."

Kimba entered the room again, bringing a tray of bread, cut meat and green beans. The pair wolf down the food before Kimba has time to return with water and wine. This too, is drunk quickly, and I tell Kimba to return with more.

"Now to business" I tell them once their consumption finally slows. "What has happened? Why do you come to our temple, with dirt and blood and ripped clothes? Your faces show terror, and your bellies are empty. Speak your story, if you will."

The sister was next to speak. She did look like her brother, though her curly hair was longer than his, resting at her shoulders. Her hips were wider, and her shoulders thinner. Her breasts were firm, noticeable even under her dirty top.

"Three moons past," the sister began, "Robbers attacked our home. They killed our parents, and our grandfather, before our very eyes. They looked to kill us too, but we managed to escape, and we hid in the vineyard. But they came after us, chasing us to the very city itself. For two nights we slept in the dirt, fearing they would find us in the night."

"How do you know they still chase you?" I ask, trying to hide my shock from my face.

"We could see them in the distance," the brother explained. "And the cuts on our skin are from rocks thrown at us by slingshot. Only by the goddess's protection did we survive. They want to kill us, because we saw their faces. They will not rest until we are dead."

"A most troubling story. But why come to our temple? Why not the Lord of Justice, or the temple of the warrior? Or as vine growers, your family must have prayed to the five sister gods of the seasons?"

"No!" remarked the sister strongly, before realising who she had shouted at. "My apologies your holiness! But our family has always followed the ways of the goddess. Our family descends from the line of Shemm, first to tell the story of the goddess."

At once the picture becomes clear. Why they came to this temple, and not to a place of protection or justice. And why the goddess's mark is so strongly upon them both.

"You follow the old ways, yes? The ceremony of second harvest, and the night of the long story?"

They nod in unison.

I pause for a second, before asking "...And the night of revealing?"

They both look nervously at each other, before again nodding.

"Since the first day of our 18th summer" the brother replies.

The night of revealing. A very old custom, not practised by the civilized city worshippers, though some in the mountains still perform it. Once a week, as long as moon blood does not interfere, the whole family would share one room for the night. Grandparents, parents and adult children. They would reveal their souls to each other, ceremonially, and share any secrets or discomfort within the family. For family should have no secrets between themselves. Then all those who have seen more than 18 summers would reveal more than just their souls. They would reveal their bodies. And they would spend the night in the same bed together, re-enforcing the ... unity ... of the family.

My eyes flick from the twins to the statue of the goddess at the other end of the room. And back to the incestuous twins. Such behaviour would be taboo in the city, but bring great honour and protection from the goddess. For she is the goddess of family.

I stand from my throne of office, and walk to the door where Kimba and two slaves are waiting. I address them all in my most official tone of voice.

"Tomorrow, these two will be escorted to the Lord of Justice by four of our best temple guard. But the night is already drawing in. They must be protected until then. My room, the room of the high priest, is the most secure. Show them to my room and run them both a bath. I want 2 guards on the door at all times. Get them as much food and wine as they want, and find a change of clothing too for tomorrow."

Turning to the twins, I calmed them. "You will go with my apprentice here, to wash and rest. You both must be exhausted. You will stay as my honoured guests for tonight, and stay with me in the safest room in the temple. And tomorrow my guards will help you get justice for your family. Is that acceptable?"