The Homecoming

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Holding the letter to his nostrils again to breath it in, he set about penning a letter of thanks, mentioning how encouraging her thoughtfulness had been.

The second defining moment had been Christmas. In mid-November, the Lincoln had left the tense region of the Arabian Gulf in their wake after finally being relieved and continued sailing eastward through the Indian Ocean. By Thanksgiving, they were operating in the South China Sea with allied navies. Morale was improving, as they had been given a scheduled arrival date at North Island in late January 2020. On Christmas Day, they would begin their journey to Hawaii for a quick port visit.

They were now exchanging letters on a regular basis. With each new one, he felt their relationship deepening. He wondered what would happen on their return the US. They resupplied on Christmas Eve, in preparation for the holiday and he knew that would mean a mail call.

Dan received a large, padded shipping envelope and on opening it, saw it contained a large, sealed envelope and two thumb drives -- one white and the other red, with a ribbon and tag attached. Looking at the tag on the red media drive it read:

Don't Open Until Christmas!

Written on the large envelope was:

Open after watching the video on the Red Drive

Looking in the padded envelope, there was nothing else. "What the fuck," he muttered and exclaimed, "Where's the letter. Putting everything in his desk, he went to the ship's library where he knew there were computers for the crew's use that had headphones. 'Maybe,' he thought, 'Kim recorded something for me.'

He only had to wait a few minutes for a computer to become free. Closing the privacy curtain, he sat at the desk and donned a pair of padded headphones, which were dangling from a hook on the partition. He accessed the desktop computer and plugged in the media drive to the USB slot and the browser for the drive opened showing it did indeed contain a video file. When it played, it showed a party was in progress, in a room decorated blue and gold. The camera view swung around and there was Kim.

"Hi Dan," she said, smiling brightly and waving. He reached his hand out to touch the computer monitor, to touch her face.

'Oh my God,' he thought. She sounds amazing. She was wearing the blue and gold outfit from her pictures.

"I thought I would record a video to send you, so you could hear my voice," and turning her phone around to record the room, she narrated, "My friends and I are watching the Navy kick Army's ass! Hey everybody, say 'hi' to Dan."

Panning the room, women of varying ages and builds shouted greetings and well wishes. Turning the camera back to selfie mode, she said, "Let me walk out on the balcony, so we can talk."

She slid the glass door closed to give them some privacy. Holding the camera in front of her, she turned her back to the ocean and spoke to him. She shared that she was testing her cinematic talents, because she wanted to do something special for Christmas. Pointing at the camera and speaking sternly she said, "You better follow the instructions, or you'll be in fucking trouble. Got it," and then laughed.

She apologized and said she was a little tipsy. Speaking seriously, she said, she hoped he liked his gift and that she was looking forward to seeing him, when he got back to the states.

"Okay, I'm going to sign-off now and go watch Army get the shit stomped out them," and blowing a kiss said, "I love you."

He watched the video through two more times and each time his longing for her grew.

The next day was stand-down, with no flight ops and normal watch rotations. With the flight deck secured from flight ops, he rose early before his shift and took the time to run back and forth along the length of the ship for his daily exercise, all the while wondering what the gifts contained. Completing two-miles -- eight laps of the flight deck, he went to his berthing, got cleaned-up, ate some chow, and headed off for his normal duties.

After morning formation, he had to attend several meetings and finally by mid-afternoon, he had time enough to go to the library, with the red thumb drive in hand. He decided to leave the envelope in his rack for later. He had to wait about half an hour for a computer to free up. He spent the time in idle conversation with several other sailors, wishing them Merry Christmas. When it was his turn, he sat down at a computer station, adjusted the sound dampened headphones, and plugged the media drive into the USB slot.

As the video started a brightly lit Christmas tree came into focus and the soft sound of carols began to play in the background. This lasted a few minutes and then Kim appeared, she sat akimbo before the tree, set down a stack of letters she had been holding and waved a hello for the camera, smiling sweetly. She was wearing a snug fitting red camisole, with lace borders that clung to her body. The material was stretched tightly, displaying her nipples. Her flat, supple tummy as on full display and the red silk pajamas she wore rode low on her hips. Her blonde hair was tousled, and she had a Santa hat cocked on her head in a provocative and jaunty angle.

"Hi Dan," she said to the camera, "I had trouble deciding on what I wanted to send you for Christmas."

As she talked, she occasionally wiped at her eyes, and he found himself doing the same. She shared how one letter had so changed her and helped to reignite something that had been missing in her life. Reading snippets from each of his letters, she recounted the things that had happened and how the intimacy in their relationship had flourished over half a globe's distance. Lastly, she shared that with the ship's return, she desired that their relationship would continue.

Looking into the camera, she said, "I'll be there on the pier waiting to see you. Look for a big sign with your name on it and that's where I'll be."

Wiping at her cheek, she displayed a sexy smirk and said, "Now you can open the envelope."

Looking down and rubbing her thighs, she then looked back to the camera and said passionately, "I love you Dan and give you myself, as your Christmas present. Merry Christmas, Boats," she exclaimed, as she then held open her arms and the video faded.

He watched the video through several more times and just before his time at the computer was at its end, he caught the song that was playing softly at the end, was the Christmas romantic classic, "All I Want for Christmas is You."

Stunned, he walked back to his rack. The First-Class bunk area was empty. He opened the locker he stored his clothing and personal possessions in and withdrew the envelope with nervous hands, his palms sweaty. Opening the envelope, he withdrew two handmade cards -- one large and one small.

Selecting the larger of the two, he fanned it open, and he saw the outline of two hands. Between them, in Kim's wonderful cursive writing was:

These hands long to hold and love you!

Although the space was air conditioned, he began to sweat, and he wiped his brow with the back of his hand. He refolded the card and set it aside. Picking up the smaller one, he opened it and whispered, "Well, fuck me!"

In the middle of the small card was the bright red imprint of a pair of lips. Below them, Kim had penned:

These lips look forward to kissing yours!

Snapping back to the present, Dan saw they had nearly drawn abreast of the pier. Scanning the crowd, he spotted a banner attached to the barricade fence that declared "Welcome Home AB1 D. Whitman!" He then spotted Kim bouncing up and down waving her hands. Clearly, she had seen him.

Outwardly he was calm and professional, standing at parade rest. Inwardly, he was in nervous turmoil. He had never slept with a woman before and he wondered how he would explain this to such a beautiful woman, who was throwing herself at him.

The Homecoming...

Kim could not believe the sight and the tumult unfolding before her eyes. What had previously appeared small yet imposing on the horizon was now close and massive in size. The emotions of the crowd had increased in tempo with the approach of the ship. She was excited, yelling and waving at not only Dan, but was also celebrating the arrival of the whole crew, to their new home after being away for so long.

When the ship was finally alongside the pier, she heard several loud pops. At several points along the hull crewmembers had fired lines attached to red balls to the crews on the pier. After a few moments, she saw larger lines appeared tied to the ends of the smaller ones. On cue, as the larger lines reached the pier, a booming voice came over the external speaker of the ship saying, "This is the captain. It is with immense pleasure I say, moored shift colors. Secure the navigation watch."

With that a large horn atop the ship's island sounded in a long ear-piercing blast. The crew manning the edge of the flight deck and everyone on the pier let out a jubilant roar, which was likely heard from miles away. To top things off, Kim saw that red, white and blues balloons magically filled the air above the ship.

Looking back to where Dan had been standing, she again waved frantically at him. To her delight, he waved back and then raised his hands over his head and brought them together in the shape of a heart. With tears of joy streaming down her cheeks, she let out an excited scream of joy and jumped up and down.

Afterwards he held one hand to his ear in the shape of a phone and moved back through the gathering crowd on the flight deck of his shipmates. In a few moments, her phone began to ring. Holding the phone with one hand and pressing her other hand over the other to hopefully hear, she yelled, "Hey, Dan."

Over the din she heard him say it would take about an hour or so for him to get off the ship and she thanked him, saying she'd try to be patient.

He finished with, "I know where you're at. I'll be there as soon as I can, Sunshine."

She passed the minutes watching what was happening and chatting with the others gathered around her. It was fascinating to see everything that went into securing the massive ship and setting up the gangplanks. She was also amazed to hear that the people around her were from many parts of the country. Some were spouses, but many were friends and family members of the crew. She saw several local news crews were interviewing people and photographers were snapping pictures of the event.

After what seemed like an eternity, people finally started exiting the ship. Someone had told her the first group would be the new fathers. They were given the privilege of being the first ashore, so they could see their babies for the first time. Witnessing the precious moment again brought tears to her eyes. Finally, the crew started streaming off and the reunions began.

Butterflies began fluttering in her stomach and she began to dance on tiptoes, trying to spot Dan in the crowd. She cursed herself for being short, in a world of what seemed filled with giants. Then she saw him in the distance coming down the metal ramp.

She lost him briefly in the crowd, but then it parted and when it did, she set out at a run. It seemed like the world had gone into slow motion, as the cacophony surrounding her was drowned by the beating of heart. Kim closed the distance in a matter of seconds, at a full sprint. Dan saw her coming and dropped the items he was carrying, as Kim leapt into his arms.

The impact drove him back a step, as Kim wrapped her arms and legs around him, squeezing him tightly. Before he knew what was happening, she had pressed her lips against his and pushed her tongue into his mouth, in a passionate kiss. He enfolded her in his arms and held her for several minutes. At the same time, he felt her warm tears on his cheek. When their embrace broke, she laid her head on his shoulder for a moment and all he could hear was her sobbing. He just stood there, patting, and rubbing her back.

As he swayed, he whispered, "It's okay babe, I'm home."

Finally, she leaned back smiling with red-rimmed eyes and said, "Welcome home, Boats" trying to laugh.

He pulled her close and thanking her, kissed her again.

She relaxed her grip and slid to the pavement to stand beside him and hugged him at the waist. As he was patting her back, a voice said, "Ah, excuse me."

They looked away from each other and saw a young man with a camera that had a large telephoto lens set attached to it. He smiled and introducing himself said he was a photographer from the local paper. "Can I have your names," he asked and stated that he had saw their reunion.

He explained with a nervous smile he had taken a couple of pictures of their reunion and needed names in case the paper used the shots. They gave the kid their names as they gathered Dan's things -- a suit and gym bag. Afterward Kim put her arm around Dan's waist as they walked through the dwindling crowd. Smiling up at him, she quipped, "Damn, you really are, freaking tall!"

He laughed, and responded, "Well, you're even more beautiful in person than in your pictures, Sunshine!"

She blushed at the compliment and thanked him for it. As they weaved through the crowd, she saw a table for the Navy League. She asked if they could stop by it and when they approached, Kim saw one of the couples she'd had met several months before. They said they remembered her, and Kim proudly introduced Dan to them. Tearing up again, Kim said, "I want to thank you both for helping us meet each other," and asked for a hug, which they warmly gave to her.

As they were walking down the pier, they idly chatted. Kim complimented him on how great he looked in his dress uniform and gave a non-stop commentary on how amazing it was to see the ship pull in and how big an aircraft carrier was. After a few minutes they located Kim's car -- a 2006 silver-gray corvette convertible. "Nice wheels," stammered Dan.

With a giggle, Kim joked, "I swear to God. Hot cars and hot women. You can't take a sailor anywhere!"

Kim opened the small trunk and they put Dan's things inside, next to several shopping bags and a small suitcase and garment bag. On closing it she asked with a mischievous smile, "Can I trust you to drive," and handed him the keys.

They had to move the driver's seat all the way back to accommodate his lanky frame behind the wheel. After he got in and had studied the console, he removed his hat and asked Kim, "Can you hold my Dixie Cup?"

Kim took it and put it on her head at an angle and asked, "How do I look," popping a quick salute.

Dan laughed, "Outstanding," and moving to remove his phone from a hip pocket, asked her to take a picture of them. They took one with his phone and then Kim shot one with hers. Dan then started the car and immediately pumping from the speakers came the opening refrain from Sabaton's song, "Winged Hussars."

A huge smile crossed Dan's features and he exclaimed over the music, "Now we're talkin'," and glancing over to Kim inquired, "I thought you didn't like the hard stuff."

Sheepishly, Kim stated, "Okay, a few of their songs do sound good," and they laughed again.

Dan then turned the music down some and asked in a mock officious tone, "Where to Miss?"

Saying she thought he would like this place, Kim said, "The Hotel Del Coronado," and added, "It's got a lot of history."

Dan gave a low whistle. Having been stationed a couple of times in San Diego, he was familiar with the historic beach luxury resort. As they drove, Kim kept a hand on the white sailor's hat. Dan made a comment that she looked very pretty with it on. As they stopped at a traffic light, she leaned over and kissed his cheek, thanking him for the compliment, as she reached over and touched his knee.

The Hotel Del Coronado was a short distance from the base and stood out among the other hotels on the island's southern coast by the brick red cupola and gables of its main building. "I thought with you being a history lover, you would enjoy it," as they pulled into the main parking lot.

When the pulled up to the curb, smiling valets were standing by to help with their bags and taking the keys from Dan, drove it to a numbered parking space. Their baggage was placed on a shining brass luggage cart, and they were asked to follow the attendant to the hotel's main desk.

As they entered the lobby, Dan issued another quiet whistle, as the huge, vaulted ceiling caught his attention. At the desk, they discovered their accommodations weren't quite ready and they were asked to wait. The manager agreed to watch their things and said they could spend the time walking around the cavernous main building. Kim could tell that Dan was impressed. The walls and vaulted ceiling were covered in dark wood paneling. As they strolled, Kim wrapped her arm around his waist. As they chatted and commented on the pictures of the famous people who has stayed there, Dan stopped, and his eyes widened. "Holy shit," he whispered to Kim, and motioning with his head she should look rasped, "Look over there."

Kim glanced in that direction and saw one of the stars in the series of blockbuster superhero movies. He was walking through the lobby from outside with his wife.

Trying to not draw attention he whispered loudly, "I can't wait to tell everyone on the ship, I saw Ironman."

"Well, don't make a scene, okay," instructed Kim, "I hear he's a big basketball fan." She then went onto joke that he might think you were an up-and-coming NBA star.

Dan chuckled and said seriously, "I'll behave."

Just then the manager they had spoken with approached them and said everything was ready for them. They followed him back to the desk and he called an attendant over to assist them. The smiling older gentleman warmly greeted them and began pushing their luggage cart through the lobby and outdoors, toward the gated Beach Villas. They walked a short distance passing the expansive pool and came to one of the single-story cottages. Because of his stature, people looked Dan up and down as they passed him. Several children saluted him, to which he gave a broad smile and crisply returned it, to their giggling delight.

At the door Kim started gathering their things, while Dan reached for his wallet and gave the gentleman a $20.00. Shaking his hand, Dan said, "Thank you for the excellent service," and added, "This place is amazing."

The large sitting room was decorated in pastels and had a fireplace with a gas log. There was an airy feel to the room. It was brightly lit by the sun shining through a window at the kitchenette and a large set of French doors. To their left was the bedroom through double doors. Dan peaked in and saw there was a large king-size bed and through the room was the door to the bathroom. Moving past him, Kim said, "I know you probably want to change, but I need to tinkle."

Kim hurried into the bedroom and closed the door to the bathroom. Looking through the things, Dan moved their luggage into the bedroom and set it on the bed. He saw a couple bags of fruit and placed them on the counter in the kitchenette. In another bag, he spotted a more ornate bottle and lifting it out of its bag, saw it was a high-end scotch whiskey. Softly whistling, he set it back in the bag and put it on the bar at the kitchenette. He then went into the bedroom and began removing his dress uniform. The one thing he didn't like about it, was trying to take the blasted blouse off.

After doing her business and washing her hands, Kim opened the door to see Dan, with his back towards her. On display was his muscular back, broad shoulders, and strong arms, as he was getting out of his dress uniform blouse. He was wearing a spotless white tee shirt and the bell bottoms of his dress uniform, which showed-off his slim hips and tight buns. "Nice view," she commented as she strolled through the bedroom.