The Incubus's Heart Ch. 09

Story Info
After the attack, then Josh and Godwin play together.
12.1k words
4.92
2.2k
2

Part 9 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 09/03/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PDreadful
PDreadful
533 Followers

Kennedy had a restraining order and new locks on her doors before lunch the next day. Still, she wasn't ready to go home, not yet, and not alone. Godwin insisted that she could stay with him, but she didn't want to take advantage of his generosity. For the time being she was staying in her old room at Kennedy's house.

Her arm was on the mend, the bones no longer broken. It ached something fierce when she moved it, though, and her blood lust was a low lying simmer as she healed. It was beyond irritating.

She also had no way of contacting Godwin, he didn't have a cell phone, and if he had a home phone she didn't know the number. Would he take a phone from her if she bought him one? It was frustrating, not being able to reach him.

Kennedy was at work, and she quickly grew bored with daytime television, though the greyhounds were a nice distraction. Maybe Josh would want to come over? She reached over and picked up her phone.

Her poor, abused phone. It was shattered, and looked unusable, but the display lit up when she pushed the button on the side. She sent off a quick text to Josh.

He texted back quickly. 'Omg, S! Godwin told me what happened! Can I see you tonight? Are you okay?'

She was both jealous that he'd talked to Godwin, and grateful for his concern. 'I'm fine. Not looking forward to going home by myself. Sorry, I know it's annoying, but would you wanna come over for a while? At Kennedy's house atm, going home tonite.' She was embarrassed as soon as she hit the send button, but it was too late to take back.

Two incredibly long minutes passed before he replied. 'Sure, working now. Off at 5. Can you get to the library?'

She was in mid typing as another message came from him. 'Not alone! Can someone bring you? What if that weirdo is waiting for you?'

Another text followed that one immediately. 'I'll just come get you. Where are you?'

'Calm down', it's okay,' she replied. 'I have a ride. I need to get a new phone first anyway. I'll meet you at 5 at library, okay?'

'You wouldn't lie to me, right? You actually have a ride?'

She snorted. 'Olivia is taking me to get a new phone. Do you know where Godwin is?'

'Okay and no. Be careful, please.'

She bit her lip, disappointed that he didn't know where Godwin was, either. She would feel a lot better if she knew where he was.

Olivia spent the night, too, on Kennedy's couch, as Seneca's bed was a twin. She stayed despite her fear of all dogs, that was how deeply her friend loved her. It made her feel safer, though Olivia slept late. Case in point, she was still asleep when Seneca gave up waiting for her to wake up around noon.

Despite her initial grumpiness at being woken 'early', it was easy enough to motivate Olivia with free food, and the two of them went out for lunch, then stopped by the phone store to get hers replaced. They talked about stuff in general, and whenever they came close to the topic of Chip, Olivia expertly steered it in a different direction.

Her best friend gave her a long look as she activated a second phone on her account. "Really, Seneca?"

"What?" she replied, trying to feign innocence with a shoulder shrug.

"This for the dark horse?" Olivia nodded towards the bag with the second cell phone inside.

"So what if it is?" she dismissed. "He's too old fashioned."

"This isn't him taking advantage of you, is it?" Olivia asked, narrowing her eyes.

"Of course not! He... This is my idea. I didn't ask him. I mean, I just want a way to contact him. I'd feel better knowing, like, I mean, what if he comes back? I just..." Even thinking about the other night had her belly tighten with fear strong enough that she felt sick.

Olivia looked a little guilty. "Alright, sure, I mean, I'm just picking on ya. Just get your phone, I promise I won't say anything else." Olivia was quiet for a moment, but she couldn't help herself. "So..."

Seneca was happy to bite on a new topic. "So?" she prompted.

"So," Olivia drawled again. "I mighta met a new girl..."

"Oh? Did you, now?" Seneca replied, one eyebrow raised as she smiled sideways. "Who is this mystery woman? And here you were, giving me a hard time about the dark horse. Now who's the dog?" She leaned into Olivia as they walked.

Olivia's genuine smile made it so she couldn't help but smile, too. "Her name's Annabel. Met her at the coffee shop. She's become something of a regular, though I don't think it's because of me. She's, um, kinda different."

"Annabel, huh? What do you mean by different?"

Olivia shrugged. "I dunno. She's quirky."

"Quirky how? What's she do when she comes in?" she asked, squinting as they stepped out of the store. She quickened her pace as they walked back to Olivia's car, not because of the cold, but because the sun was too bright, worried she might get a sunburn despite it being winter.

Godwin had been kind enough to bring more of his hand-selected clothes to Kennedy's house for her. He had a much better fashion sense than she did. Today, under the smart black peacoat Godwin had given her to replace her bloody, torn coat after Chip's attack, she wore a floral peasant blouse and jeans that fit like they were tailored for her. It made her feel loved, and it scared her more than she wanted to admit, how much she wanted her feelings to be true.

"She reads, when she comes in. I started talking to her last week, I was gonna tell you this weekend, but shit's been crazy. I wanted to close the coffee shop early and come find you after I got the call from..." she trailed off, then shook her head before continuing.

"Anyway, she comes in maybe two or three days a week. I sometimes go out and spy on her, she reads some way weird books. Botanical stuff, and stuff like recipes, but they're all weird. Anyway, I finally talked to her. She seems nice, I really want to ask her on a date but I can't tell if she's into girls." Olivia frowned, biting her thumbnail.

"Well, the worst she could say is no, right?" They turned a corner, then she practically ran to Olivia's car. Feeling slightly sun-crisped, she was in the car and buckled before Olivia even opened her door.

"Wow, someone's in a rush today," Olivia said as she pulled the car into traffic. Folksy music came on, picked up by the bluetooth in her car from her phone.

"It's cold out!" she defended. "And, the sun is bright. You know how easily I burn."

Olivia chuckled. "I don't know how you survived this long in the world, girl."

"I've had you to keep me alive," she replied. "So, this Annabel? What's she like?"

"Oh, she's super serious. Like, I can't wait to crack her shell."

"Oh, really?" Seneca asked. "What if she's not into girls?"

"We could be friends..." Olivia's pout almost made her feel bad.

"You are not good at being friends with girls..." Seneca reminded.

"I'm friends with you!"

"I'm different, and you know it."

Olivia snorted. "Fine, you're right. But, a girl can dream, right?"

"I wish you all of the luck. It's a good thing you have to wear a uniform at work, Olivia, that's all I have to say."

"What?" Olivia cried out defensively. Today under her parka she had on a beat up old sweatshirt which read 'Grey Township Day Camp, 1979' and had a picture of two cartoon deer in a canoe. "This sweatshirt is vintage! Tell me it's not awesome."

"It's not awesome," Seneca agreed.

Olivia dropped her off at the library twenty minutes early. "Are you sure you don't want me to wait for Godwin with you?" she asked for like the twentieth time.

Seneca only felt a tiny bit guilty about lying to her best friend. There was no way she could explain her relationship with Godwin and Josh to her, not yet. She wouldn't live it down, and honestly, she didn't even know where to begin.

"No, I'm fine, I promise. I'll go inside until he gets here. It's a public place, there's no way Chip would be dumb enough to try something. And I'm ready for him now. He's not going to do anything, not now after Kennedy got a restraining order. He's not that stupid." She hoped he wasnt that stupid, but she didn't say that part out loud.

Olivia gave her a flat look. "He's entirely that stupid," she said, her tone flat.

Seneca sighed. "Fine. Whatever. You're right, but still, I'll be fine, I'll be careful. I promise," she insisted.

"Alright. Godwin's going to take you home?" Olivia asked. She didn't miss the teasing undertone of Olivia's statement.

Yes," Seneca agreed. "And we are going to do all sorts of unspeakable things together." She shot a scandalous smile at her friend's stunned face as she climbed from the car, still favoring her injured arm.

"Seneca!" Olivia called. "You can't just leave on that note! What kind of unspeakable things!"

"I couldn't say, else they'd be speakable!" she called over her shoulder as she climbed the steps.

"Come back, Seneca! Don't leave me hanging!"

She smiled and waved, then slipped into the library.

She sent a quick text to Josh letting him know she was there, then found a cozy looking group of lounge chairs tucked into a bright corner of the library and made herself comfortable. There was a small table between the chairs, a pile of books stacked high with topics ranging from famous historical ships to crafty books on how to make your own organic personal care products. She even recognized a few books published by the company she worked for, though nothing in that category caught her interest.

She landed on a book that described how to preserve different botanicals, thinking about Olivia's new love interest. She leafed through the book, pulling her feet up as she made herself comfortable.

"I was wondering if this seat might be taken?" Godwin whispered from behind the chair, making her jump.

How had she not felt him approach? What if he'd been Chip? She couldn't let herself get so distracted. Despite her guilt, he was a sight for sore eyes, filling her belly with butterflies.

"Godwin! How'd you know I was here?"

He smiled, settling into the chair across from her. He looked good, but he always looked good in his suits. Today's was sky blue with delicate white pinstripes, which contrasted his darker skin nicely. He held his fedora in hand, and she saw he was using his cane again today. "I can feel my blood." he reminded. "Also, I assumed you would be seeking Josh's company, and blood, this evening."

She nodded absently, biting the inside of her cheek. "Oh, I got you something!" she whisper-exclaimed, handing him the white bag. Godwin took it and inspected it curiously. "A phone, so you can contact me if you want. Or if something happens again..." she trailed off, suddenly feeling stupid and needy.

He pulled the box from the bag and examined it, flipping it over in his hands. Frowing, he opened the box and pulled the phone out. "I am unsure of how to operate such a device," he admitted.

She chuckled. "I can teach you, if you'd use it..."

He nodded, examining the phone now. "I am sure that this will be useful. Such a device, are they expensive?"

"Were my clothes expensive?" she retorted, one eyebrow raised.

He snickered. "Understood. Our Josh will escort you to your apartment after his work is complete?" She nodded. "Very well. Are you hungry? I could obtain provisions and reconnect with you both there, if that is acceptable."

"I could eat. What time do you think you'll get there?" she asked, her eyes trailing up and down his body. She wanted to peel his snug-fitting suit off slowly, one piece at a time, and...

What was she thinking?! She shook her head, clearing it. Godwin was a bad influence on her inner dialogue.

Godwin smiled his slappable smile and she shivered. "Were you thinking naughty things, hansa? Do you wish to play?" he whispered, leaning closer to her. "You did promise Ms. Olivia to do unspeakable things with me tonight..."

Her stomach clenched as her face flushed. "You heard me?!"

That smile again. It took all she had not to lean in and kiss it off his face. "Oh, yes, I heard your confident proclamation. It was very sexy."

"I was, you weren't, I didn't think, I mean..."

He stood up, moving behind her chair with a speed that she wasn't expecting. His fingers were on his collar a second later, running smoothly over the silver inscriptions. She felt his desire, and how proud he was of her. She hated admitting it, bit it relaxed her.

"I wish to play, Seneca," he whispered in her ear in a way that had her core tingling. His teeth grazed her ear and she shuddered.

"Me too," she admitted under her breath.

"Then tonight, if our Josh also desires to play with us, we all shall play." A moment passed before he spoke again. "How is your arm?"

"It hurts, but it's not broken anymore. Just painful. My hunger is pretty intense, too. I'm hoping it's all healed up before I have to go back to work tomorrow."

"I will make sure the play we do will prevent further harm to your arm." He nodded curtly to himself. "Satisfactory. I will meet you and our Josh at your apartment with provisions. May I borrow your new key?"

"My key?" she asked, her hand reaching for her pocket to retrieve it before she even finished her query. "Why do you want my key?"

"I..." he trailed off. She turned so she could see him over her shoulder. He had been biting his lower lip, looking worried, but it instantly changed into his too-neutral mask when he saw her looking. "I wish to ensure everything is secure, and also to undo any sullying that Chester Gibson may have done to your home before you arrive."

She sighed. "Thank you, Win. That makes me feel so much better, it really does. Thank you."

His fingers traced along his collar again. "No need to thank me, hansa."

She gave him a spare key and he left, though she felt his presence with her until Josh showed up to escort her from the library. He led her to a parking garage attached to the library, taking her all the way down to the basement, and then over to a shiny black and chrome motorcycle. He picked up a helmet and handed it to her.

"Um, this is yours?" she asked. It definitely didn't fit with the image of him in her head.

"Sure," he said, flashing her his playful grin she liked so much. "Good on gas mileage in the summer, and easy to store in the winter. Takes up a lot less space than a car."

"Ah, it's winter now."

He laughed. "Technically it's not winter for another six days."

She pursed her lips in mock annoyance. "You still drive it in the snow?"

"No, in the winter when it's too cold or snowing I usually take the bus," he said, less enthusiastically. "But it was sort-of warm today and I wanted to ride. So I did. Let's ride."

She eyed the bike apprehensively, helmet in her hands. "I've, ah, I've never ridden a motorcycle before..."

"Well, all you have to do is put your helmet on and hold on to me, like, wrap your arms around my waist. Oh, wait, are you gonna be able to do that with your broken arm? Shit, I never think things through." He grimaced, angry at himself.

"Oh, no, it's fine. It's mostly healed, though it's sore and I've been a little extra blood-lusty while it's healing. I can hang on to you. I've just never ridden one, so it's a little intimidating."

"Seneca, do you trust me?"

"Of course I do."

"Then let's ride. I'll keep you safe," he said, sliding onto the bike. He threw his hand towards her and she took it reluctantly. "Put your helmet on."

"You don't have one," she hedged.

"I don't have a second one, never needed it before today. I already looked up how to get to your apartment, it's not too far by roads, though the bus route from here to there is a nightmare of transfers," he explained. "I can get us there, and it won't take too long. I won't even go that fast, so you won't get too cold. It'll be fine. Also, I bought a second helmet online. I should have it by the next time we ride."

"Next time?" she squeaked as he pulled her all the way onto the bike.

She fastened the helmet and the noise around her was severely muffled. She didn't hear Josh's response but she felt his laughter through his chest as he pulled her arms around himself. He kicked something and the bike rumbled to life.

At first it was terrifying, driving next to cars and buses with nothing to protect them from impact, but Josh knew what he was doing, and soon enough she was completely enjoying the ride. There was something about the way the wind whipped around them, even if it was frigid, something about the way the bike seemed to move through the city more fluidly than any vehicle she had been inside.

The ride to her apartment was over too soon. Her heart was still in her throat, but in a good way, like she'd just ridden a roller coaster. Josh put up the kickstand and leaned his bike in a parking spot near her apartment. She slid his helmet off and handed it back to him, her heart beating frantically.

"So?" he asked. "You still against a next time?"

"Oh my god, Josh, that was great!" she exclaimed. "Cold, but great!'

His smile was broad as he grabbed her hand, pulling her off the bike. Godwin wasn't there yet, so she unlocked the door and let them both inside.

Her apartment was cleaner than she expected it to be after Chip's break and enter. Shackles was curled up on top of a pile of mail on the card table that acted as her dining room table. He looked up, opening only one of his golden eyes as she shimmied off her new coat, then dropped his head back down, unimpressed.

"Come in, make yourself at home." She threw the coat on the small set of coat hooks she had screwed to the wall next to the door, placing her keys on the next hook over. "I need a scarf if we ride in the winter again..."

Josh looked around her apartment and she was suddenly embarrassed beyond belief. "Sorry, I don't usually have company. It's always just me and Shack, the cat." She nodded to the lump of pale sleeping fur on the table. "He's not supposed to be on the table." She pushed the cat, trying to wake him up, but he didn't budge. "Come on, Shack, get off the table. We have company!"

She looked around, ashamed of the size, the quality, of everything in general about her apartment. It had one bedroom, one bathroom, and a combined living/dining area with a kitchen area that was more of a hallway than a kitchen. Her apartment building was dilapidated, the appliances throwbacks from past generations, and the walls were thin.

It was cheap, run down. She couldn't help it, living frugally, she was broke even on a good month. She suddenly didn't want Josh or Godwin to see it.

"Sorry, I know it's not much," she apologized as Josh removed his coat and hung it on the other spare hook. He pushed a ratty throw pillow to the side and sat down in the center of her hand-me-down couch. "Godwin wants to play tonight, but, ah, maybe not here?"

"Godwin wants to play? Sweet. Do you? How's your arm feeling?"

"Sore. It isn't broken anymore, so that's good." She sighed. "Yea, I wanna play tonight. For stress relief, if nothing else. But not here. My apartment, it's kinda shitty, right? I never have anyone over. I would never have invited you here if..." she trailed off, feeling horrible about life in general.

"Woah, wait a minute. Your apartment's fine. It's modest, sure, but you live by yourself. It's fine, seriously," he insisted.

"We can't play here, Josh. I have a full sized bed, and Shackles takes up half of it. And, like, you and Godwin have such nice places and my place is a dump," she insisted. "In fact, I'll text Godwin, we could go someplace else. I'll bring a change of clothes, then no one has to worry about bringing me back tomorrow, I could just stay the night."

Josh stood up. "Seneca," he said, approaching her slowly, as if she might startle.

She kept babbling, she couldn't stop. "Unless, well, I guess if we went to your place I should ask you first if I can spend the night, and that might be presumptuous, and I'm sorry, I don't-"

PDreadful
PDreadful
533 Followers