All Comments on 'The Infinite Bk. 04 Ch. 06'

by Sage_of_the_Forlorn_Path

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the turn this is taking returning to the warning and the ill omens of the basalisk!!!

LeakyFaucitLeakyFaucitover 1 year ago

Could use 100 lifetimes across the multiverse, to be able to write something like this.

AardieAardieover 1 year ago

Like all the preceding chapters, another five stars.

Will he fall in love with the Queen? Will he save Valia? Will he survive the tea?

VagabondwriterVagabondwriterover 1 year ago

I love this. There are some political and philosophical things I suspect we would disagree on but your writing is top notch and the premise is intriguing. You also have done a wonderful job avoiding power creep. Every fight carries weight and feels like there are real consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Truly incredible story, can FEEL the passion, keep up with your feelings and it will always go in a wild direction!

DwaynedomentntDwaynedomentntover 1 year ago

The twists are fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My top series on Lit at the moment, truly.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I like the story so far but I think you spend way too much time explaining things. Tell us it's penicillin but tell them it's strong medicine it's becoming a little repetitive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not quite sure if I'm liking the multiverse/multi reality aspect. It seems like you are forcing it alittle and to be honest it's kinda unnecessary since until this chapter you haven't revealed anything from those worlds that are too different from this one. Keep Noah mysterious somewhat

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I wonder how much contents from the book of enoch you are going to place in the story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Much like a desert flower in the first spring rain… this story nourishes the dry brittle soul

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This series is so good, been reading it since the begining. Cant wait to read later chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@Sage_of_the_forlorn_path:

You are an incredible storyteller, at par with Incomingpornduck of "Tristan's Tale".

I hope you complete the story and don't leave us hanging midway

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Harem Story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Love the build up and how things are shaping out. Excellent as always

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"Do you wanna know the secret behind a vampire's immortality? It lasts only until you're killed, at which time, you're as mortal as anyone else."-- Sean Kelly. excerpted from "The Indy 1200"

Anon56

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

How do you retain the position of advisor when your reasons for objection are so unreasonable? Lour should have been fired long ago.

japassoujapassou6 months ago

I know Valia will continue to fight against Noah's nihilism, to try to get him to understand that *she* matters here and now. I sense that she wants him as a lifelong husband (or at the very least she really wants to hear him say "I love you" and mean it), and could forgive his past sins if he expresses more empathetic intentions now. Could they ever potentially reproduce together? Is she fertile at 700 years old? Can humans and elves even have children together (half-elves) on this world?

I would counter Noah's argument by saying that every sentient life has value and should be respected at the level of the individual. Even if Noah meets copies of the same person in multiple timelines, each version of them deserves respect as a sovereign intelligent being (assuming they're innocent people and are not violating the rights of others) This philosophy underpinned the recent movie "Everything Everywhere All at Once", where the all-powerful daughter fell into nihilism and started killing people randomly, because why not? when there are infinite universes and infinite versions of everyone.

Every life matters, and our relationships with other people have significant meaning. This philosophical battle may be the toughest that Valia has ever fought, but perhaps she can convince Noah of this by the end, that they may enjoy bliss together for a long time in this life.

On another note, I'm starting to guess that Valon is the one creating these abominations and perhaps the plague as well, so finding him will resolve multiple plotlines. In addition to the physical fight that looms among him/Valia/Noah, I wonder about the philosophical battle that will occur. Has Valon's new perspective given him the same nihilistic outlook that Noah describes? Will Valon sway Noah into joining him in his murder spree because nothing really matters after all? Or will this be the crisis point that pushes Noah to recognize the value in life and why it's worth defending? I'm intrigued to see how you weave this tapestry.

Jackspeed2uJackspeed2u5 months ago

I wanted Noah to stay faithful to the Dark Elf during their trip. However I now want Noah to give the Queen an heir. How would a baby be received, half elf and human…

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous