The Keys Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lydia reached the end of the aisle and finished up the last footprint. Except for the light which flooded the library and exposed Lydia to full view from every direction, there was no evidence that she had been there at all. She turned off the vacuum and ran back to the wall to unplug it. Returning to the vacuum, she rolled up the wire and secured it to the vacuum. One last hurdle. As quickly as she could, she dragged the rolling vacuum cleaner clear across the library and positioned it back by the reading nook where Mrs. Bradley had left it.

At this point, Lydia did not bother ducking behind the desk to pass by the front entryway. If she was going to get caught in the library, she figured it would have happened by now. There were no cameras that she knew of to record her antics, so as long as no one was in the parking lot then she was in the clear. The lights would be off by the time the library opened in the morning and no one had to know that Lydia had been by.

She weaved through the study tables and ran down the aisle toward the coffee table with the vase. She raised herself on it and kicked her leg up to hook onto the window frame. Pulling herself up and over, she landed on the soil and grass outside. She picked up her hat from the bush and deposited her third key into the zippered compartment. She put it on her head turned again toward the ladder. She set it back up against the wall and climbed up one last time to close the window.

There. Just like I found it, and everything else in the library too.

Lydia climbed back down and folded up the ladder before returning it to the bushes behind the library. Perhaps in a few days she would drive by to pick it up. For now, the area felt too risky as if every brick and book wanted nothing more than to reveal Lydia's nakedness to the entire town.

Feeling safe enough in the darkness despite the light from the window, Lydia took her time adjusting her backpack over her shoulders again and cleaning her feet before putting on her shoes. Overall, this stop had been a better one for her than the last. The vacuuming was unexpected, and the light was a surprise, but no one had seen her or even been close. Lydia decided that was good enough for her as she marched off toward the side of the library.

Three keys down, and just three more to go.

12