All Comments on 'The Knife Cuts Both Ways Ch. 01'

by Tomh1966

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104about 1 year ago

Weird story, but amusing. Interesting character in William. I was almost sad to read of his premature end. Almost.

The geopolitical stuff in there was interesting. I'm always interested to see how people think the future will go.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 1 year ago

Oh god, this was unintelligible. It was painful with no direction or reason. Honestly, it sucked and I regret reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So the basis of this one is an easily manipulated MC does the rich dude’s bidding by giving him his wife and he graciously accepts a skank in return????

The writing was ok for a third attempt but the plot just doesn’t work, still it’s the authors fantasy let him have his fun.

MightyheartMightyheartabout 1 year ago

I would have liked more detail about William's death and his last moments.

The EUNA details were a bit too much.

More conversation between the husband & wife would have been welcome.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasmabout 1 year ago

That one was... weird. It's no doubt an interesting take on an old trope-plot, but still mostly weird.

So, the guy had his wife taken from him by a smarter and more powerful man. He couldn't do anything about it because he didn't measure up physically to the security personell, or intellectually to the predator. So, he just went with it while complaining how the smarter man was smarter.

Then things happened and eventually ran down a ranting road that had barely anything to do with the starting plot anymore.

I honestly don't know how to rate this. I feel neither pissed about the glaring incompetence of your MC, nor happy about him ending up with a better woman. I actually couldn't care less about any of these characters...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I dug it. Interesting concept with the wife replacement Madison for Lissy. One might think this as cuckold story, but you worked your way through it that made it passable. Nice job; enjoyed the story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Original, but sci fi for more than the obvious reason.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Absolute garbage, the MC does _everything_ the rich asshole wants him to, accepts a whore as an instantaneous replacement for his wife (Madison or Brittany), fucks her, then gives her the wives wedding rings. Not sure why you think anyone wants to read about such a pathetic MC but maybe it works for you.

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Not bad and different. Some of it was a bit daft though.

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 year ago

Whoa! What a great read! This was a fairly, unique plot, rich guy steal other guys wife, that works for him. Heart breaking to have your wife stolen from you, but rich guy supplied a good replacement. Very interesting story. Great read! Great writing! I highly recommend this story to others! Great effort by writer! Thanks # Buster2.

5 stars isn't enough!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 year ago

Ugh - Complete series of fantasy plot lines left me unable to buy into the main story arc. Not sure where "Ch. 01" comes from as there is an epilogue and everything? 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Do a better job editing your work. This was a total mess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Ditto on all the other comments. Couldn't have been much of a marriage to swap sluts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

interesting. i was actually hoping/looking for the narrator to achieve something by outsmarting William just once. the victory he did get felt hollow but adequate (in the sense that the passive/aggressive opportunism of it was sadly realistic).

4 STARS. you have great potential. please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

50 years after he married Lissy. He must be about 75 now. So is he going to get in a spacecraft with warp drive and explore where no man has gone before? I'm so confused at this point.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story, I especially liked the typo “Brittany”’ that William said instead of Madison. Also, never marry someone named Madison LOL….. Also enjoyed see all the “FUCK” to emphasize Alan’s mind. Enjoyed William getting his payback. so far I have enjoyed 2 of your stories. Keep writing them. 5 Stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Seems to me, if a rich/famous person can get your wife to do that, he did you a favor. He showed you what trash you were married to. Dump her and find another

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

works so hard in the tags to convince the reader it's not a cuck story, yet that's what we're left with, just under a veneer of bullshit and sci-fi glitter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Get help. Seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yeah everything turned out fine. Except in reality William would have been taken out by a conspiracy compromised of the extremely intelligent "third man" scientists. Even his goons wouldn't be able to deal with a well thought out plan to assassinate an evil man. As scientists, that means they'll collect facts, evidence and documentation to support their "experiments" in ridding the earth of a pesky menace.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It was a unique attempt to put a twist on the classic trope, but failed in the attempt. It went well beyond a reasonable suspension of disbelief and the science fiction bits were just a distraction. My suggestion would be to go back and write the story with the ex-Navy Seal as the MC and focus strictly on that part of the story. I'm pretty sure it would end up being a better read than this mess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An interesting take on the Boss Steals My Wife plot. It probably should have been in the Romance or Science Fiction category, since the marriage was just a plot device that in the end didn't really have much to do with the story. The romance, and the science fiction, were much larger components of the story than the betrayal.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

No likeable characters. MC was a pussy, right from the start.

BrentJWBrentJWabout 1 year ago

Don’t finish this story. It’s complete with epilogue and all, why chapter 1?

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajunabout 1 year ago

Nice story with a happy ending. Please keep writing and thanks.

Pathn0tTak3nPathn0tTak3nabout 1 year ago

Yes, perhaps the story is good triumphs over evil with a sci-fi slant but I just watched the final show of Picard so am good with a little extra spoonful of hope for humanity.

Hope you continue writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Turned out wife was a slut. Seducer helped him dump her. Take the deal.

Better than married, with kids, mortgage.

By the way baited breath smells like fish bait. Bated breath is anticipatory. I always crack up when I read it. Unless you meant bad breath?

OOAAOOAAabout 1 year ago

Nice story!!! Well done!!! 5 stars from here ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nope.

MormonJackMormonJackabout 1 year ago

Every entertaining. 5 stars.

I'm trying to decide if it was good or bad that he never forgave William.

maninconnmaninconnabout 1 year ago
Sweet story

Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Regarding composition, Writers' Workshop aficionados will be satisfied, even well pleased.

Conceptually imaginative, this is essentially a one-off of the "master of the universe" theme with an all-powerful alpha controlling hundreds (if not thousands) of lives--all for the greater good of humanity, of course.

Women are either "powerless" (lacking any "alpha" traits) or by nature greedy manipulative (and easily manipulated) sluts--except Lissy, of course, who's needed to provide the contra-evidence for the "alpha #2" that he came out way ahead in selling his honor and giving his wife Madison away without a fight in return for immense riches and an all-around "superior piece of pussy" named Lissy. But not even Lissy can erase the underlying assumption that women are only good for one thing--unless they're direct genetic descendants of alpha males.

I sound like I'm being critical but I'm not. This was both imaginative and genuinely entertaining...and even mildly erotically arousing for those into the pseudo master/slave genre. So 5 stars Tomh1966. Keep writing.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great creativity and use of real world developments. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

AH gee, belongs in Sci-Fi even with the cheating wife, but we know you needed to see lots of scores. A william ego thingy really. Still 4.5 stars for concept, lose .5 for obvious reasons, ie outlines are not stories fill in the blank spaces and try be more descriptive between your stories please. M

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

Although you started this well with a plot that I thought was going somewhere, it got lost, it turned silly. Sorry

RanDog025RanDog02511 months ago

I liked your story very much. Thank you for it not being a worthless Cuck Shit story. Great Imagination! Thanks for another chapter. Going to follow and in hope, you don't stray into the Cuck Shit category! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS, for the story, Thank you.

moultonknobmoultonknob11 months ago

Totally ridiculous load of bollocks and why did Maddison change her name to Brittany and then back again. Fucking rubbish

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

T you for a creative and enjoyable story.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Ok but the bitch needs to die.

inka2222inka22226 months ago

This is a really really amazing version of the cliche story. No BTB but who cares, he REALLY traded up!

SorchakSorchak5 months ago

I *always* downgrade my score when an author effs up a name, and in this case Madison became Brittany. It was only once, and only for one sentence, but that's all it takes. It would be more understandable if there were a dozen people to keep track of, but when there's only 4 or 5, it's just sloppy.

shadrachtshadracht4 months ago

A little surprising. I didn't expect to like this that much, but quite frankly, a billionare that "steals" skanks that would trade up in a heartbeat, and gives psychologically evaluated to be great partners in return honestly sounds kind of awesome. It's too bad that he ended up dead, to be honest. It sounded almost like he was an alien and making evreyone's lives better in the long run. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sorry but this one is just stupid.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 months ago

Read. It again liked it even more let’s a tongue in cheek story. raised it to 5/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTomh1966@Tomh1966
Note that I am rarely on Saturday and Sunday which can cause delays in... well anything to do with this site. Currently working on Fixing the past 5. Stuck majorly. Heartbreak and Hope 6, 7 8 and 9. 6 and 7 are 90 % done. 8 and 9 will move the story well into their year. ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES