All Comments on 'The Light'

by GottaStartSomewhere

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A very good first effort! If you continue (and I think you should), to quote a old movie, "who are those guys?" and who is she?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved the descriptiveness just wished the story had a point. Like who is she, who are they? Why are they called The One and The Other? Are they slaves? You’re definitely on to something so please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good, both the writing and the female-gaze topic. This is more of a prose poem than it is a story. A moment, a feeling. It will help your writing if you understand what you are doing.

A 'story' has a plot: a start, middle, and end. A 'decent story' makes a point about something or other -- it is more than bare exposition of a sequence of events.

Anyway ... practice your prose poems, capturing the moments and feelings. It's a worthy project in itself, and could provide a solid basis for any stories you might write in the future.

"She asked The One to grab the phone on her nightstand."

I had to smile to myself .. clearly something for the current generation: quick, grab the phone and take a picture. I can't relate. I'm old enough to have learned how to genuinely savor the moments, imprint them in my own, lived, memory.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous