All Comments on 'The Light Between the Trees Ch. 16'

by oneagainst

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking10 months ago

Oh ho Chekhov's gun fires.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

HOLY CRAP!!! I soooo did not see that coming! Brava or Bravo, depending on your true self.

oneagainstoneagainst10 months agoAuthor

And if you're playing along at home, you probably have enough clues now to guess which real city the Wonderland city is based on....

flynn99flynn9910 months ago

[searches desperately for epilogue]

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I definitely teared up when she says “I want them to know what you meant to me” because this is the first time that she has said it out loud. & he had already said that he loved her, but they never talked about it. I’m very happy that you wrote how he could’ve just manhandled her and threw her in the car, but I feel that this ending is true to his character and I love that. You give so much life to these characters, so much depth, and they are consistent all the way to the end and that is so beautiful. They are so real to me. I feel like both of their characters were honored through the end in a way that so many stories tend to forget in order to rush an ending. I am absolutely heart broken because I wanted so much more for them. I wanted a fantasy where they forget their original storylines and just fall in love like a normal couple and maybeee she gets her hair back lol.

This is the first story i read on this site, and I definitely made a mistake, because I cannot find anything even close to the story!

I feel so silly but I am truly distraught. You created such vivid dimensional characters that I genuinely feel like I lost someone.

You are extremely talented. & if you ever want to re write this from Covalents perspective, I would PAY for it. Not joking.

Also light between the trees is FIRE?! Ugh so hauntingly poetic. I created an account on this site just for your future stories (it’s not verified yet sadly so posting anon for now)

lilacandhoneysucklelilacandhoneysuckle10 months ago

This has been a ride, my friends

oneagainstoneagainst10 months agoAuthor

Thank you all so much for the feedback, after toiling away on this, it means a lot. "I want them to know what you meant to me" got me too. It was the first line written, and made me want to know why someone would say that, hence the story.

I hope the epilogue makes sense, and as a teaser, the fires also appear in Only Consenting Adults for you to synch the timeline between the two concurrent story tracks.

KidshouseKidshouse10 months ago

wow wow wow you are a great writer i have read all your stories and there just amazing thank you for sharing them i still like cassies story the best x

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroneagainst@oneagainst
At last we begin, and from the smallest of things: a mistake. Cassie asked for the free will to make her own choice at the end of Wonderland, but she did something unexpected. Instead of keeping free will for herself, she gave it to her nemesis, Lily. Now Lily is free to wand...