The Link

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm going up to see our girl," Corbett added in a fatherly tone, "why don't you wait in your room and I'll send Abigal in so you can start filling your closets. Sweats just don't seem to do you justice." He laughed as if we were old friends. I gave him my best fake smile and left the room. I was halfway down the hall when I realized I had been sent to my room like a child. It was hard not to hate the man.

Abigal met me in my room with a note pad. She seemed excited about what she thought was my final capitulation to the situation. She sat on the bed and crossed her legs like we were teenagers having a sleepover. She enjoyed having a friend that couldn't leave.

"What should we work on first?" Abigal asked. I sighed and sat down next to her. I doubted she was privy to the whole picture and probably thought Corbett was Superman. I was about to ask for more sweats, knowing that Corbett disliked them, but thought better of it. It would hurt Abigal more than Corbett.

"What do you recommend?" I asked, my fake smile becoming easier to display. Abigal went into a deep discussion of building a wardrobe, and I nodded a lot, not concerned with looking good for her or the rest of Corbett's employees.

Abigal was deep into the coming winter styles when I felt Teegan. I felt my worry coming from her. My anger warped into wrongness and it was strong. I knew that she was facing Corbett, and he was bonding. I wanted to rush to her side and quell the feelings that were so horribly strange when coming from her. Sam's confusion and concern were evident in the mix. I did what I could, flooding her with my love, waiting in fear for Corbett to find me in the bond.

"Natalie?" Abigal called and not for the first time. She reached out and grabbed my upper arm. I ignored her as I struggled to level Teegan's fear. I should have been there. Then it stopped as suddenly as it began. Teegan's contentment returned, and I never felt Corbett. "Natalie?" Abigal called again. I broke the link and smiled. We heard running down the hall. There was little doubt what had happened, and I would pay for it dearly. Teegan was fully my daughter.

"You have to promise me," I said quickly to Abigal, "you have to care for her. Don't let them hurt her. Promise me!" Abigal was in a panic with the lack of context for my words. "Just promise me you'll take care of Teegan."

"Yes, of course," Abigal said, not fully understanding. I hugged her, finding her stiff as if no one had ever hugged her before.

"Then know I love you, Abigal," I said as the door burst open. I stood apart from Abigal and faced five black-shirted security guards. It took them a moment to wrap my wrists behind my back and secure them with a plastic tie. Abigal watched in shock as I was led away.

I was back in the same chair I found myself when I first woke in the mansion. Victor was watching me with concern, obviously not fully understanding what was happening. There were four black-shirts in the room as if trouble was suspected from a bound woman. Another tie was added to my wrists, securing them to a bar on the back of the chair.

"Your boss is insane," I told Victor. He looked about to speak but held his tongue. There would be no help from that quarter. Paychecks were a hard thing to give up. I was a little surprised to see two of the black-shirts whispering to each other. They were usually so stiff and all business. Maybe they weren't sure that tying up a helpless woman was the right thing to do.

Corbett entered the room with his insanity clearly displayed in his eyes. They were wide and unblinking, bathed in an angry red tinge as if he hadn't slept. I could almost see heat waves of fury steaming from his mind. I was so proud of my daughter; I almost didn't fear what I suspected would happen next.

"Is she secure?" Corbett demanded. One of the security guards nodded.

"Sir, I'm not comfortable..." Victor started.

"Leave," Corbett commanded, and looked at the guards, "all of you." Victor was hesitant, his feet not wanting to comply, but the order was clear.

"Protect her," I called out when I caught Victor's eyes.

"Leave!" Corbett demanded again when Victor slowed. The door closed, and I was alone with a madman. No cameras or audio to record what I feared might be my last moments.

"What did you do?" Corbett spat. I almost started to feign ignorance but knew it would only infuriate him more. Teegan trusted me and wouldn't bond with someone so wrong. She was growing up.

"I'm her mother, and I don't trust you." I spoke clearly without hesitation. I couldn't have been prouder of Teegan. "She defers to my judgement and death threats don't sit well with me." For an older man, his hand moved quicker than I had thought possible. I barely had time to close my eyes when his palm seared into the side of my face. I felt the pressure of impact and was surprised when pain didn't follow. I opened my eyes without uttering a sound. My lack of reaction infuriated him, and his hand returned knuckles first. I could taste the tang of iron as my mouth began to bleed, though all I felt was a little pressure.

Sam's entered me in a wave of tremendous force. There was so much anger and hatred I could barely breathe. My eyes welled up to feel him so distorted. I would rather be beaten then to feel what he was becoming.

"You have to stop!" I yelled at Corbett. He hit me again. "Please," I begged him as I felt Sam lose his humanity.

Chapter 27 - Sam

The first strike caught me by surprise. It stung, and I looked quickly among the vets, trying to decipher who had slapped me. We were just outside of Corbett's house, or compound as Todd Renault called it, on the street side of the high stone wall. Harry was pointing out the cameras he had identified on a crude drawing. He'd never be an artist, but it did show the few blind spots that existed. His special forces training lead him to believe it would be easier to enter unaccosted during the day. The infrared cameras would light us up if we attempted something at night. The whole goal was to retrieve my family and leave without alerting the world. A diversion was necessary to tie up the bulk of the guards as we maneuvered for retrieval. The plan was being developed for the next morning.

The second strike was more forceful, and I realized it was Natalie. On reflex, I drew Teegan into me as my anger exploded outward. Another strike and reason fled replaced by an awful determination. They were beating Natalie, and death seemed an adequate response.

"They're beating her," I said as I moved toward the wall.

"What?" Todd called as I began to climb. The wall was built with large gray rocks. Unclimbable for your average man, but finding fingerholds in the mortar and setting my feet on almost imperceptible ledges seemed child's play. I knew exactly how to set my weight and hold the necessary tension to ascend. It would have fascinated me if Natalie wasn't hit again.

"This has to be planned," Devlin called up to me. Unfathomable hatred swelled in me when I felt the next strike. Plans didn't matter anymore.

"They're killing her," I yelled as I topped the wall.

"Go!," shouted Betty, "he's not joking." I could hear them scrambling as I dropped to the other side. Harry's grappling hook caught the top of the wall, but I couldn't wait. I broke out of the trees that edged the wall at a fast jog, straight for the nearest door. My eyes scanning for obstacles.

The first impediment met me halfway to the house. Some linebacker dressed in black. He told me to stop and started to inform me I was trespassing. My rage wasn't going to be slowed by a single man. He reached into his jacket as I increased my speed. I knew before he drew that a handgun would be pointed toward me. His arms angular momentum, the angle of his shoulders, and his lack of hesitation told me the round would catch me in the left breast.

I shifted as he depressed the trigger, planting my right foot and turning my body sideways for the briefest of moments. I could feel the bullet pass by me as I shifted back. He would over compensate with the next shot, so I planted my left foot and spun around backward, to the left. The round passed by me as I used my momentum to accelerate my foot, catching the side of his face near the temple. I didn't even slow to see him drop.

An invisible fist caught me in the eye. I could feel that Natalie was immobile as the uncontrolled fury building in my chest became my single focus. The thought of what was happening to her made reality disappear. I drew more of Teegan into me, piling on strength I wasn't sure my body could hold. I could feel her confusion, but her love let it go to me as she sensed my need. She was so much older.

Three more black clothed guards, two to the left and one from the right, began to converge on me. Guns were being drawn, and I could feel their intent. They had seen me drop their comrade and intended deadly force. The space between them was too great, I could achieve nothing with strength or agility, physically the odds were in their favor. My rage boiled when I thought of being stopped at the door. Something inside me snapped, and I sent my hatred to the three minds bearing down on me. I screamed, never slowing my pace, as part of me seemed to explode outward, shards of anger pierced the unprepared minds and the bodies dropped. I weakened at what I had done, my insides less solid, more liquid. My shoulder dropped, and I drove myself into the door as near the handle as possible. The frame shattered, and I burst into the house, knocking another guard down with me and I landed on top of him. I drove my elbow into the side of his head, just behind his ear and he went limp.

Standing was difficult. My body wasn't built for such abuse. I sucked in more of Teegan, trading love for the power I needed. I heard my name as a muffled scream from down a hall. I found Natalie's mind and saw the revulsion of what I had become. I stood on legs that should have collapsed and moved into the hall. A single black-shirted guard stood between me and my love. The terror in his eyes reflected what I must have looked like. I moved toward him, not caring if he had to die. He turned and ran. I let him go.

I entered the room my mind knew contained Natalie. She sat in a chair with tears in her eyes. Her face was bruised, and blood was dripping from her mouth. Her restraints still held. My heart broke at how long it took me to get to her. A scrawny man stood before her with the same terror in his eyes as the guard. There was blood on his hands. He had to die. I wouldn't let him go.

The man was flailing when my hands circled his neck. I ignored the scratching on my face as I shoved him against the wall. I relished the gasping as my hatred leaped from my mind, searing into his. I meant to prolong his agony. Watching him die slowly was my gift to the world.

"Sam," Natalie called softly. I watched the man's eyes bulge as blood was failing to circulate properly. "Sam," Natalie said again. Then I felt her; all her love entered me pushing out the hate. Teegan joined her and then that lovely unformed, unconditional love of my son. I tried to hold on to the rage and enact my mindless judgment. It faltered and my hands loosened. My breathing deepened as my family took hold of me, guiding me. I let go, and the man slumped to the floor in a gasping heap. I dropped to my knees as the payment for my anger came due.

"If you ever touch my wife or child again, I'll boil your brain in your own blood," I said between heavy breaths. He and I knew it wasn't an idle threat. The man folded into the fetal position and began to cry. I crawled over to Natalie.

"I'm sorry I took so long," I mumbled.

"I thought I lost you," Natalie said, "you were so angry. I couldn't feel anything else." I laid my head in her lap trying to build energy so I could figure out how she was secured. I was having trouble keeping my eyes open.

"Shit!" Todd said as he entered the room, "I've never seen anyone move so fast." The other vets came in behind him. It took a moment to release Natalie who immediately joined me on the floor. I pulled Natalie into my arms and held her, not wanting ever to lose her again. She held me upright as I whispered my love into her ear. The words seemed so important to get out. For a moment, I had thought I might not get to say them.

"I loved knowing you were coming," Natalie whispered, "and you brought help."

"Betty's biker group," I said, trying to smile to the gang. I could see both surprise and pride on their faces. They only half understood what was going on. Finding Natalie tied up and beaten made them feel righteous. Any doubt they were on a rescue mission was gone.

"We have to get Teegan," Natalie said. I released her, and someone helped me to my feet. Monty and Thomas were now armed with guns from the downed guards. My poor girl, her face a mess, fished a black device out of the pocket of the man I almost killed.

"Jams the cameras," Natalie said, her words slurred through a fat lip. I smiled at how she always thought ahead. I was more of a bull, charging forward with little planning. She was super mom. "Drag Corbett to the bathroom across the hall," she added pointing at the prone figure, "No camera's in there so they won't find him for awhile,"

The vets seemed to take to Natalie's leadership quickly. They grabbed Corbett and hauled him bodily across the hall as he drooled. It took them only a moment to secure him inside and muffle his sobbing. I wondered if I broke his mind or had it already been damaged. I decided it didn't matter.

"Teegan's upstairs," Natalie said, motioning down the hall and to the left. An older man stood just outside of the hall when we moved out of the room, his bare palms raised. "Out of the way, Victor," Natalie warned. Two of the vets were already moving forward to clear the way.

"There's a contingency plan," Victor said, stepping to the side, "the helicopter is already on the way. I can't stop them from taking her." I could hear the resignation in his voice. Whoever Victor was, he no longer wanted to be part of what was going on.

"Where is she?" Natalie demanded.

"Abigal has her upstairs," Victor replied, "but not for long. I'm sure they are already trying to move her." My head was splitting, and my body was failing me, but I forced a quickening in my pace. Harry was close, making sure I didn't fall over.

The stairs were brutal; I might as well have been climbing Mt. Everest. If I passed out right then, I wouldn't wake for hours, so I pushed harder. I hated being so weak when Teegan needed me. Had I controlled my anger, I would have had more strength left. A father needed more restraint.

We heard a muffled disagreement ahead behind a door. I could feel Natalie's fear as she rushed forward. The argument grew, and sounds of a fight commenced. The door was locked and the yelling increased. I could feel no confusion from Teegan, only Natalie's panic. Todd put his shoulder to the door and the lock burst, swinging the door loudly on its hinges into the wall.

A small woman stood with Teegan in her arms. Her nose was bleeding, and three black-shirted security guards were unconscious on the ground. I could see her hand was against Teegan's bare belly.

"Everything was wrong," the woman said as Natalie approached her.

"We'll make it right, Abigal," Natalie said. I limped into the room as the vets quickly disarmed the guards.

"Da," Teegan said, and leaned toward me with her arms outstretched. I found strength and moved into her arms. Abigal loosened her hold, and I collapsed onto my knees with my daughter. She wrapped her hands around me ignoring the blood. Her joy flooded into me mixing with mine. I had missed her smile.

"She loves him so much," Abigal said, her eyes wide. She plopped down on the bed as her payment took hold. "I should have never been part of this," she slurred. Natalie quickly went to her side, holding her upright. "Look what he did to you." Abigal continued with tears while looking at Natalie's face.

"He's insane," Natalie said as she hugged Abigal. "the bond isn't power, it's glue that holds people together. We are her family, Sam and me."

"I want what you have," Abigal said as her eyes closed. Natalie carefully laid her down on the bed.

"We have to take her with us," Natalie said to Todd, "I suspect she's in a bit of trouble for protecting Teegan."

"How did she...protect her?" Todd asked. I could see he was at his limit. He had followed my rampage, and now a small woman kicked the hell out of three guards. We didn't have the time, but sometimes information was the key to cooperation. I struggled to stand with Teegan and received some help from Harry. I was going to be out like Abigal if I ever laid down.

"It can only be shown," I said, taking a deep breath, "if you guys don't mind holding hands for a moment." I received some strange looks. "it's just for a second, you don't need to marry anyone." A few weak chuckles met my remark. "Come on, just link up for a second." A few shrugs fueled by curiosity led to the grasping of hands. I tucked my hand under Teegan's shirt and took Harry's hand in mine. The expressions changed like dominos down the linked line.

"Oh," Todd said, "that's not what I expected at all." It was a soft link without anger. I could feel each vet linking in turn, the last being Devlin. His eyes went wide as all our emotions merged with Teegan's. I had never linked with so many before. Unlike my family, it was hard to sort out the emotions and base thoughts that were flying. Devlin broke the link, and his face went red. I could feel how disconcerted he was before he broke off, but didn't have the context to know why.

"Damn, man," Thomas said, "we've always known." Devlin choked up as Thomas hugged him while smacking his back. The others nodded in agreement. The soft link, the one without need, lacked context, so I looked on dumbfounded. I didn't know Devlin well enough to understand.

"I guess I've been in the closet too long," Devlin said with a weak grin.

"Hell," Todd added, "we all knew Joseph isn't just your roommate. We kept it quiet because we thought you didn't want us to know."

"So you all don't give a shit?" Devlin asked, his smile gaining strength.

"Naw," Monty added, "just pissed you never made a pass at me. I'm not gay, but I have an ego." That earned him a shot in the arm from Todd, and a few laughs from the others. Teegan once again drew people closer together. I just stood there smiling, trying not to collapse, proud of the real power she possessed.

"Guy's," Natalie interrupted, "we have to get out of here." We could hear a distant helicopter.

"Betty was right, the girl is special," Todd said, "time to get her out." The rest grunted their agreement and started to organize. Vets with guns in the front. I handed Teegan over to Natalie. I didn't trust my strength enough to carry her, much less myself. I got a quick kiss of understanding in trade.

Devlin picked up Abigal in a fireman's carry, and we moved as a group down the stairs, infinitely easier than the climb. We turned past what looked like the kitchen. A tall black man stood in our way. He wore a white chef jersey and gray pants. He pointed at Natalie, or maybe it was Teegan.

"The child can't leave," the man said. He stood defiantly though he was unarmed and outnumbered.

"We're leaving, Anthony," Natalie said, "stick to cooking and leave the kidnapping to others."

"Let them go, Anthony," Victor said, coming from around the corner, "Corbett isn't worth it. It's over."

"I'll not let that thing loose in the world," Anthony spat as he started to move forward, ignoring the armed vets. His expression held an ominous determination that spiked my adrenaline. That he considered Teegan a thing, brought back my anger and it mixed with Natalie's. "Soulless beast!" he screamed and dove forward. I could see Natalie set herself and Teegan filled us both. As fast as our reactions, Anthony didn't get past the lead vets. I thought that Monty would shoot him, but he wasn't given the chance. Thomas clocked Anthony on the back of his head with the pistol. Anthony hit the floor hard and didn't move. I felt the anger recede and with it, more of my strength.