The Link

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He won't be the last," Victor said, "some see an angel, other's a demon." Natalie turned to me, and I saw her tears. I moved to her, not wanting her to think she was alone. I hated those tears; they had a feeling of defeat in them.

"Quickest way to the front gate?" Todd asked, trying to keep things moving.

"Take the east gate," Victor said, pointing down the hall, "you'll be trapped by the helicopter if you go out the front." Todd signaled for Victor to lead the way, which he did. Thomas pulled out a phone and called Betty to have her meet us with the car at the east gate. Anthony's limp body was dragged to another bathroom and left on the floor.

Victor led us through the house unaccosted, Corbett's jammer affording us some anonymity. Whoever was monitoring the cameras was probably confused. I wondered why we weren't at least visually inspected as the cameras dropped and returned as we moved. They knew the house was under siege, that we weren't visible should have pointed to our being hidden where the camera's weren't. Maybe, they feared Corbett's wrath more.

We moved out of the house, scanning the grounds for trouble. Victor moved ahead, and we followed. I wasn't sure we should trust him, but I deferred to Natalie, who seemed to have confidence in him. If she trusted him, then I would follow.

"Open the gate, Raphael," Victor called out to the confused guard. He was alone on the gate, standing near what looked like a control box. The helicopter was landing beyond the trees, in the front of the mansion as Victor had foretold.

"No one is it leave, Mr. Robertson," Raphael called back. He had an Italian look about him but lacked the confidence you would expect in tall, dark Italians. It may be the number of people coming up on him.

"Orders have changed," Victor said again, "open the gate." Raphael reached for a radio that was clipped to his belt. "Don't," Victor added, "it's not worth it." Thomas raised his gun to emphasize Victor's words. Raphael raised his palms and stepped away from the controls. Victor sighed and moved forward quickly and engaged the mechanism that pulled the iron gates open.

"Go," Victor said, shooing the guard away. Raphael looked at us and decided it was best to get out of the way. He took a few steps backward, watching Thomas' gun, then turned and jogged away.

"Thank you," Natalie said as she neared Victor. Teegan smiled as always which seemed to brighten Victor's eyes, "you did the right thing."

"He shouldn't have hurt you," Victor said, then looked at me, "the bond doesn't require touch?"

"Not for us," I replied, "family seems to break the rules." Victor eye's seemed to laugh.

"You were bonding together all those times," Victor said to Natalie, "I knew something was wrong. Or maybe something was right." He looked down at the ground and shook his head. "Corbett never understood." Teegan leaned forward toward Victor. He was startled and took a step back like she might have a disease.

"She wants you to understand," Natalie said as she shifted her hold to make sure Teegan didn't fall.

"May I?" Victor asked, looking at the both of us. Natalie and I nodded. Victor reached up hesitantly and lightly took Teegan's hands in his. It looked like he thought she might be too hot to touch. I watched his expression change and relax. His apprehension was replaced by a confident smile.

"Angel," Victor decided, "definitely an angel." For a moment, I thought he was going to snatch Teegan out of Natalie's arms and run away with her. Instead, he let go and looked at me. "Why in hell does she love you so much?"

"I have no idea," I replied, "I suspect she feels sorry for me."

"No," Victor said, shaking his head, "she loves you both, but for some reason there is something extra for you, and it has nothing negative about it."

"It's what first attracted me to Sam," Natalie added. I smiled at her and silently thanked Teegan for her matchmaking skills. The gate slid open and rattled to a halt. Betty pulled up in the rented SUV.

"We have to leave," I said, holding out my hand to Victor, "thank you." He took my hand and shook it. Natalie moved close and kissed him on the cheek. Teegan kicked her legs like she thought everything was wonderful and she should be allowed to run around. Victor laughed at her antics and whispered something in Natalie's ear that made her smile.

We left Victor and piled into the SUV. It was cramped, but it was a short trip to where we had left the motorcycles. Abigal was still out, seemingly hugging Devilin while she sat in his lap. I was ready to pass out myself but held on until the SUV emptied.

"Where are we going," Betty asked, once it was only the five of us. Abigal was laid out in the third row of seats and Natalie, Teegan and I were in the middle row.

"138 North Packard," I said. Natalie looked at me with surprise. "We need some time and someone who understands. It's not like they don't know we're here anyway." I added. Betty typed the address into the GPS system, and it calculated a twenty-minute drive. We drove off with the cycles following.

My strength finally faltered and I laid my head in Natalie's lap. She shifted Teegan to give me room and smiled down at me. She leaned down and kissed my ear with her bruised lips.

"What did Victor say?" I asked as sleep started taking over.

"That you love me as much as Teegan loves you," Natalie whispered in my ear, "but I already knew that." Her hand caressed some of my hair off my face. "you called me your wife you know."

"Sorry, girlfriend didn't seem right at the time," I said, remembering my threat to Corbett. I felt her lips near my ear again.

"I want a proper proposal," Natalie said, "I'll only say yes if you're on your knee with a ring." I could feel her smile as she lightly kissed me again. "hell, you can skip the ring, but the knee is a must." I drifted into a warm darkness with a smile on my lips. Dreams of Natalie saying yes filled my mind.

Chapter 28 - Captain Hodges

"No, Sir," I responded into to the phone, "we were misinformed. He has combat training, and he didn't come alone." I wasn't sure how to tell the General what I saw.

"He's not in any military database, Captain," the General said, "are you sure he's not just lucky?"

"Not from what I saw, Sir," I said, hoping the General didn't think I was losing it, "he did a Spiderman up the wall and ran directly into point-blank fire. Sir, I've never seen someone move so fast." I paused a moment, trying to settle my words. "There were others I didn't see, snipers who dropped three of the guards as he approached the house. He has tactical knowledge."

"That's certainly a new wrinkle. He's exiting now?" the General asked.

"Yes, Sir, I replied, "He took a beating inside the house. His face is a mess, and he could barely move." I moved the scope on my rifle from the child to the man. It was a wonder he could walk at all with that kind of blood loss.

"He has the child?"

"And the woman, sir," I replied, "I can see them moving toward the vehicle now. I have a clean line of fire." There was silence on the other end. I moved the crosshairs of the scope back to the child. There was a high chance I would drop the woman as well. She was holding the child too close. "Do you wish me to engage?" I asked. I prayed the answer was negative.

"Stand down," the General said. I re-engaged the safety and started breathing normally again. The relief felt good. "Drop all contact with Corbett and his people. We are going to try a different tactic."

"Yes, Sir," I acknowledged.

"Contact Dr. Gunderson," the General continued, "let's see if we do this without shooting Americans." I heard the relief in his voice as well.

"You expect him to cooperate, Sir?" I asked.

"I think we've been making deals with the wrong people, Captain," the General said, "our goals are containment and study. Maybe a simple please will work where force does not."

"They protect the child, Sir," I reminded the General, "I'm not sure they will see it as in her best interest."

"Then the deal will have to be in her best interest," the General said.

Chapter 29 - Sam

Waking was a delightful experience. The bed, I had no idea how got into, was warm, the pillow soft, and the nibbling on my ear exciting. The light of the day was sneaking through the edges of the curtains, and soft breasts were pushing into my back. Natalie's hand was roaming freely across my chest and abdomen. I feigned sleep as I absorbed the luxury of it all.

"Welcome back, lover," Natalie whispered as her hand dropped between my legs. It was evident I was awake. Her hand wrapped around my arousal as I turned toward her.

"I missed our mornings," I whispered. Natalie's bruises had a green tinge on the outside. I caressed the side of her face, trying not to put pressure on what looked so sore. I guessed we were at Hank's house, but I left that discussion for later. I kissed her lightly, trying not to damage her already swollen lips.

"Teegan's with Betty and Abigal," Natalie whispered.

"So we have some free time." I smiled.

"Only if you're strong enough," Natalie teased.

"I hear pregnant women are pretty horny," I countered. My hand found her breast, my finger drawing teasing circles around the nipple. Her hips shifted toward me, encouraging my exploration. I loved when she was amorous. That she crawled into bed naked and woke me, left no question as to her current level of desire.

"This one is," Natalie verified, her eyes confirming it as well. My hand roamed between her legs. Her smile grew when I found her more than willing. She had no idea what it did to me to find her so desirous. I always found her a thing of beauty, but somewhere deep, there was that stupid feeling that I was merely tolerated. To know that she curled up into my sleeping form and got excited about waking me up shredded that ignorant feeling.

"I love you," I said as I shifted between her legs. I loved her eyes when I said those words. They shifted back and forth, looking first at my left eye and then the right, finding the truth of my words. I smiled as her hand guided me to her entrance.

"I love you too," Natalie said. I entered her, sending a shiver through my body. Her body seemed to sigh, accepting all of me as if I belonged nowhere else. I settled deep as her legs wrapped around my thighs.

"I think of you as my wife," I said, remembering my comment from the day before. Being trapped by her felt so good, I didn't move. She pulled more of my weight onto her. I found the pressure of her breasts even more wonderful.

"No proposal," Natalie laughed, "no wife." She pulled me in deeper and held me there. Her eyes were glued to mine. She squeezed me inside, and I returned an involuntary twitch in response.

"Will you marry me?" I asked.

"Not now, you idiot," Natalie snickered, rotating her hips to grind into me, "I need my lover at the moment. My husband has to wait until we're done." It was hard to make love and laugh at the same time. Somehow, love conquered our laughter. We found that rhythm that tantalized us both, sending those fabulous sensations circling through our bodies. I cradled my arms around my love when her back stiffened, and her body spasmed. The beauty of it was too much. I lost myself in her warmth, erupting between her legs. Heaven might as well be hell if it didn't contain that moment.

"You know I'll say yes, don't you?" Natalie asked. She was laying on my chest, her fingers playing with the small hairs that grew on my belly. I don't know why she found it enticing to pull lightly on them. The attention was welcome, so I never asked her.

"Are you removing the mystery?" I asked in response.

"We've been husband and wife for a while," Natalie replied, "I can't imagine anyone else naked in my bed, and you are so in love with me." She pinched some hairs and pulled them hard.

"Ouch!"

"See, I can torture you and still you don't throw me out of bed," Natalie said as she caressed the spot she had aggravated. Her lips found the spot as well.

"I didn't think I was worthy of you before," I admitted.

"I used to like that," Natalie said, "it was stupid, but I liked feeling superior." I ran my fingers through her hair, marveling at what she was admitting. "Love has no rank and to be real; it has to flow both ways. We're lucky that Teegan allows us to feel each other without interpretation." I kissed the top of her head. "you own my love and worth has nothing to do with it."

"I am yours," I said quietly.

"And I am yours," Natalie replied. Marriage wasn't necessary for us. We were already joined with a bond that was more powerful than any piece of paper could provide. I would ask her to marry me, and she would say yes. We would do it for the world and not for us. Our children deserved an unhindered legal connection and social acceptance.

We laid in each other's arms for a long time. It was so comfortable to hold her after our physical time apart. The discussion turned toward our unborn son. She was throwing names at me, and I vetoed a few. I could tell it was the only power I had in my child's naming. The final choice would be hers. She would choose a name that embodied the character of the boy she desired. I threw out some comical ones for consideration which earned me a smack in the belly followed by a kiss when she thought she slapped it too hard. A knock on the door stopped our play.

"Teegan is asking for you," Betty said from behind the door, "you guys decent?" Natalie shushed me when I was about to say we weren't. She pulled the sheet and blanket over us.

"Send her in," Natalie called when we were covered. The door cracked and in ran my little girl. I knew instantly what was going on when I heard muted laughter and the door closed quickly.

"Oh! Stinky," I said, holding my nose. Natalie laughed, lifting our smiling child onto the bed. Teegan ignored the odor and flung herself into my arms, between Natalie and myself. "potty training is my new goal," I said, kissing Teegan's cheek. Teegan laughed and wiggled like the bed was the best place in the world. I grabbed her feet and lifted them high and blew raspberries into her belly. She was a ticklish thing, trying desperately to struggle away with a wide mouth laugh.

"We don't have any clean diapers," Natalie laughed, trying hard not to breathe through her nose.

"Of all the things to forget," I said, rolling my eyes, "where's the bathroom?"

"Just outside the door," Natalie said. We donned our dirty clothes and took our girl for a bath. It was a gross bath though Teegan found our attempts at getting her grimy butt under the running faucet hilarious. She kept pushing away with her feet thinking it was a game. It took both of us to secure her enough to get her cleaned enough to fill the tub for a real bath.

Natalie took the soiled diaper to a garbage can away from any noses. Teegan and I had fun playing in water while she was away. She thought it would be best if I was as wet as her so we had a small water war. Natalie declared Teegan the winner when she returned.

"Betty and Abigal are out getting diapers," Natalie said, "Hank and Todd thought the whole thing was hilarious. Todd is the one who dreamt up the idea of sending her into our room."

"I remember someone else doing the same thing awhile back," I said with a sly smile. Natalie knelt behind me and kissed the side of my neck.

"But I did that out of love," Natalie lied, her smiling kisses felt to good to stop and debate. I just chuckled and accepted the caresses. Life with Natalie held no drawbacks.

Natalie and I traded off Teegan and took turns taking showers. When the three of us were clean, we found everyone in a large rec room. Betty and Todd were the only vets that remained. Natalie assured me she had thanked the rest. Hank's wife was out of town.

"What have I missed?" I asked as I sat down with Teegan in my lap. She was happy for a moment then struggled to be let go. I put her down, and she began exploring the room.

"Silence in the news," Hank said, "then again, I didn't expect Corbett would allow it publicized."

"He may not be aware," I sighed, "I was at the boiling point when I got to him. I projected anger into his mind. I'm not sure how, but I did. If it wasn't for my son, I think I would have killed him." Everyone's eyes widened. Natalie moved closer to me and put her hand in mine.

"We're pregnant," Natalie said, smiling.

"And you're sure it's a boy?" Hank asked as if he knew how we knew.

"Very sure," I said, looking in Natalie's eyes, "we've felt him, and he feels us." I loved how Natalie looked at me. Our looks held secrets only we understood.

"I understand you went Rambo," Hank said to me. I could almost hear the gears running in his head. He was analyzing everything. It wasn't to form a judgement; it was purely scientific.

"I could feel Corbett hitting Natalie," I said, "something snapped and all I could think of was getting to her. I'm not sure if I could have been stopped by anyone but Natalie and the kids." I paused and squeezed Natalie's hand and felt her squeeze in return. "I dropped three guards just because they were in my way. It was sheer anger that disabled them." Hank's body stopped moving, and he stared back at me. I could tell he wanted me to continue, but I was interrupted.

"I couldn't feel Corbett hitting me," Natalie added, "it infuriated him. He started punching me, and I felt Sam become some kind of monster. I was so scared it would ruin him."

"Your pain was projected?" Hank asked.

"Through Teegan," Natalie replied, nodding.

"Seems I'm the families pincushion," I chuckled, "even morning sickness." Natalie blushed, so I put my arm around her.

"All this without physical contact?" Hank questioned.

"Distance no longer matters," I replied, "I traveled across the country knowing exactly where they were. Not an address, but more like an unerring compass."

"That's because she loves you so much," Abigal said. Betty nodded in agreement. Hank looked around the room running through some internal calculations.

"People like Corbett will see great power in this bond," Hank commented, "are you sure you're not being warped by it as well?" It wasn't an acquisition. It was simply a question he needed to be answered.

"Corbett is insane," Natalie replied.

"Surging anger is not something you want to repeat," I added, "you become useless afterward and have to fight for consciousness. It's more of a survival thing."

"A family survival thing," Natalie clarified, "Teegan refused to bond with Corbett, that's what made him so angry."

"She is selective now?" Hank asked with surprise.

"She knew I didn't trust Corbett, so she didn't bond with him," Natalie replied, "she's getting older and deferred to my judgement."

"Her mother's judgement," I clarified. All eyes turned to Teegan, who was struggling to get her fingers around the handle of a drawer in an end table. She was pulling down on it, instead of out. I moved to her and showed her how it opened. She copied my movement, opening and closing the drawer a few times then moved on, strangely ignoring the contents.

"She'll grow to control it," Hank surmised.

"I think she will," Natalie agreed.

"Right now it's a cannon. Shooting out strong emotions to those she loves," I said, "somehow, when we're in desperate need an all access port opens, fear is abolished, and we know exactly what we need to guarantee our safety, the families safety." Natalie nodded in agreement.

"He's right," Abigal said, "all I could think about was making sure she and I were safe. I knew exactly what it would take to do that, and my body moved without hesitation."

"Why did she help me then?" Betty asked, "I had never bonded with her, yet she helped get me free of Gerard."