The Log of the Julay - Xanmar

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They really didn't know what to do with us. Our knowledge was outdated and most of us seemed a little slow compared to them. They finally decided we'd probably make acceptable cooks and habitat cleaners. I wasn't cut out to be somebody's window washer, so I said goodbye to Mom, Dad, Gus, and Doris, a rather extended goodbye with Doris, and hitched a ride on a Ludean freighter leaving for Ongoro.

About half way out, we stopped at Calendia to pick up some cargo, and that's where I met Nodo, the old Calendian trader I told you about. He needed a hand, and I was pretty much available. We had three Calendian lunar cycles together on his ship, the Julay, and he taught me a lot about trading with the various residents of the many planets we called at. Nodo also taught me the finer points of trading in certain restricted items that were in high demand throughout the galaxies. That knowledge and the hidden compartments on the Julay, were to serve me well in future years.

On a trip to Kalina, Nodo got a bad case of frilby flies and died. He'd never said anything about any relatives, so I figured I'd inherited the Julay. After trading some of the cargo for supplies, I started out on my own. That's why I was sitting across the table from Gorndor today and praying for a strong wind.

I really needed to hurry. Jananga is banned by every government that uses Yuglicks, so I was on the shady side of legal. OK, I was illegal as hell, but somebody was going to help the Yuglicks get off and I figured it might as well be me that made the profit. It wasn't like I was selling them Denovan dream water or anything like that. I was just helping them do what comes naturally.

I took a cautious breath. The reek seemed less, so I risked inhaling all the way. After only a slight gag and a cough, I asked in my broken Yuglonian, "OK, Gorndor, what do you have to trade?"

"Ah, I have something worth a fortune. You will be pleased with my trade."

"Well, bring it out and let's look at it."

I figured he'd looted some settlement for a case of Burder brandy or something like that. Yuglicks don't get out much unless they're fighting, so most of what they find seems valuable to them. I sat back while two of Gorndor's lieutenants left the room. The air was almost breathable.

They came back in the room with a female of a humanoid species I hadn't seen before. She had a chain around her neck, and wore some sort of filthy sack that covered her from neck to ankles. The parts of her that weren't covered were pretty grungy too. Evidently, the trip back from whatever campaign the Yuglicks had just fought had been pretty rough on her, but then, Yuglicks don't wash up much so they don't have showers on their ships. The only thing I could tell about her was that she would have loved killing every Yuglick in sight. Her dark eyes glowed with a fire that could only be hatred.

I got ready for Gorndor's spiel about her being worth a large ransom on whatever planet she called home. I wasn't about to trade for her. I make it a rule never to deal with ransoms. True, ransoms can be profitable, but I'd heard of the worm pits on Nibia. That's where kidnappers were sent if caught and convicted.

"You'll have to do better than this, Gorndor. I don't do ransoms. Besides, it doesn't look like anybody in their right mind would want her back. She's too dirty."

"No, not ransom. Sell her on Runos for a slave. They like these, these, Felinians for some reason."

One of the cardinal rules of trading is to never accept the first offer. Knowing when to say "yes" is a skill I've honed to an art form, and the trade always gets better if you refuse the first couple offers.

"Well, sorry, Gorndor, but no deal. Slave traders get tied up and fed to the bangas on Borchan. If you'll excuse me, I'll take my Jananga and be on my --"

"Of course, you do realize he will probably rip out your liver and feed it to you if you take his Jananga away? They have been talking about it since they caught me. First the Jananga, then a big party, then many happy Yuglicks. With no Jananga and no party, they will be very irritated Yuglicks. I would avoid that if I were doing the negotiating."

The voice was low-pitched and sultry, and she was speaking Earther. If I hadn't seen her lips move, I'd never have believed it came from the muddy person in the rags.

"Besides, my mate will reward you well if you take me back to Felina. Is that not better than being torn apart while you are still alive?"

"You speak Earther. Where did you learn?"

"That is not important right now. Gorndor is becoming aggravated since he can not understand what we are saying. Just tell him you will take me."

Gorndor was looking agitated. He was reaching for the wicked looking sword on his belt and licking his lips.

"OK, but you better be telling me the truth. Otherwise, I just might sell you on Runos."

"Just get me away from these stinking Yuglicks and you will get paid. I promise."

Gorndor was starting to stand up.

"You know, Gorndor, I haven't been to Runos for a while. Tell you what. You throw in a couple cases of Yuglick beer, and you got a deal."

Gorndor sat back down and waved at his lieutenants again. While they were getting the beer, I was treated to another attack of Yuglick farts. At least he was happy again.

It was difficult to carry the beer and hold the female's chain at the same time, but I wasn't about to let her get away. If she was telling the truth, I might come out of this all right, but if she got away, all I had was the beer. Yuglick beer is good beer, but not that good. We were almost at the shuttle when I heard the blast of a particle weapon and then a shout.

"Stop. You're under arrest."

Only a fool would have stopped, and I'm no fool... well, not usually, anyway. I toggled the remote to open the shuttle hatch, and pushed the female in ahead of me. There were a few tense moments while I started the engines, because the shuttle is a little cold blooded, but just as the first particle beam hit the hatch, we lifted off. When we cleared the atmosphere, I set the autopilot to home in on the Julay.

"You are not very adept as a smuggler, are you?"

"I got my Jananga fruit to Gorndor, didn't I?"

"And nearly got caught in the process. You know, this shuttle would start up more acceptably if you would tune the reflux coils regularly. The thrust nozzles are in very poor condition too. Have you ever considered new nozzles, or do you just enjoy the risk of vaporizing during one of your shuttle flights?"

"So, you think you know all about shuttles? Well, when you've been in space as long as I have, then you can -"

"Actually, I am an expert in propulsion systems, as well as stellar navigation and solar-accelerated time jumps. I am very well educated."

"But you've never actually flown, have you?"

"Yes, just a couple of times, but that does not change the facts that your coils need tuning and your nozzles are eroded. It also does not change the fact that those customs officials are still chasing you."

"What do you mean?"

"Those little dots on your sensor screen? Perhaps they are only dirt. Everything else in this mechanical disaster is filthy, so that is probably what they are. It would be odd that dirt would keep getting closer, though, do you not think?"

They weren't dirt. Usually the local customs guys gave up once my shuttle took off. They hadn't given up this time. Six of their attack shuttles were heading toward us. I couldn't understand why they were so interested in me, but I wasn't about to stop and find out.

"Damn! If we can get to my ship, I can outrun them, but we still have a way to go."

"If I might?"

She quickly tapped a few keys on the control console, and the shuttle surged forward. As my freshman science teacher had once explained, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I surged backward and ended up with my face mashed against the aft bulkhead.

"There, that is better, is it not? Where... where did you go?

"I'm laying on my back behind you. What the hell did you do?"

"I merely crossed the polarity of the mixer chambers. It is not something you want to do on every flight, you understand, but when it works, it is good for approximately three times the thrust. I just hope the nozzles can take it. I told you about the nozzles, if you remember. You do remember, do you not?"

"Yes, I remember. Who said you could do that? I don't like other people messing around with -"

"I believe this must be your ship coming up. Does this shuttle dock automatically, or must one pilot it in?"

"It's automatic. Now, like I asked before. Who said you could do that?"

"I just thought it an appropriate action, given the circumstances. You were not doing anything."

I was still muttering to myself when we docked in the shuttle bay. It took only a few seconds to reach the bridge, and in a few more, we left orbit. As soon as the computers calculated a clear path, the Julay hit light-one, and the customs guys were only a memory. Of course, I wouldn't be able to go back there for a while, but there were other settlements.

"Do you have bathing facilities on this ship or do you just stay as odorous as you are now?"

"I don't smell. Well, I might, but it's only because of the Jananga fruit. Yes, I have a shower. Just go easy on the water, OK? It takes a long time to recycle."

"I shall keep that in mind. Where are the facilities?"

"Down the passageway to the right, and remember about the water. I want to shower after you do."

"I have a very good memory. Would you please remove this chain from my neck so I may wash properly?"

While she was gone, I set a course for Borchan, a small planet on the way to Felina. Borchan is kind of convenient as a rest stop, and their customs laws are, shall we say, rather flexible. I'd met the governor of one settlement, Manoleen, on a trip with Nodo, and I had some cargo to drop off as a special favor to her. Manoleen had a particular passion for human men and also for cuccros, and I'd picked up a few on my last trip to Calendia -- cuccros, that is.

I wanted to give her a little gift for... Well, let's just say, she and I had a very enjoyable time together on my last trip. Borchan females have these special muscles and they're very adept at using them to...I imagine the effect is something like that of the penis pumps used by my ancestors back in the 21st century. What I do know is that I couldn't get my cock to stand up for a week after that trip.

It was going to be a while before we got to Borchan, so I set a couple of bottles of Gorndor's beer in the airlock to cool. After a minute at deep space temperature, they were nice and frosty. I broke the seal on one, settled back in my chair, and took a long pull on the bottle.

"Ah, so you chilled one for me too. Thank you."

I heard the sound of the seal on my second bottle pop. Whoever she was, she was starting to get a little pushy, and I didn't like it. First, it was messing with my shuttle, then her comments about me smelling, and now she helped herself to my beer. It was time I showed her who was captain of the Julay.

I turned the chair around to face her.

"Now look here. I'm getting tire-".

I couldn't finish my pissed-off captain speech. No man could have talked while seeing what I was seeing. The look on her face was questioning. The look of the rest of her - almost like a dream.

"I am not familiar with that Earther word. What does it mean -- tire?"

I still couldn't talk. She was completely naked, and I hadn't seen naked like that in a very long time. Hell, I don't think I'd ever seen naked like her. She didn't seem to be the least bit modest either. While I was staring, she put the bottle to her perfect lips, tipped it up, and I watched as three perfect swallows slid down her perfect throat. A mane of perfect yellow-blonde hair cascaded over her perfect bare shoulders. That mass of burnished gold was the only hair on her body. Where a human woman would have had a bush between her thighs unless she shaved often, the soft slender lips between hers were totally bald, and were just as perfect as the rest of her. The little pink bump that stuck out at the top of them seemed to be just perfect too.

"Ummm, I can not believe creatures so absolutely repugnant could make such a wonderful beer. It is almost as delicious as Felinian ale."

"Well, go easy on that stuff. It's made from langlon berries, and it'll sneak up on you."

"You have obviously never sampled Felinian ale, have you?"

"No, why?"

"Felinian ale has been known to render a male incapable of standing after only two bottles. Fortunately, we females are immune. We just like the taste of it", she took another long swallow, "like I like this."

"Is that right? Well miss, uh, whatever your name is, I'll have you know I can hold my liquor with the best of them, so don't get your hopes up."

I took another pull at my bottle. It was something to do besides staring at her with my mouth hanging open. I was starting to think about more than getting her back to Felinia so I could collect my reward.

"Xanmar Porquanitisamal Encholazid Manasolarovarias is my name. You may address me as Xanmar. You keep staring at me. May I ask why?"

"Well, for one, you don't have any clothes on."

"Oh? Are the females of your species never without clothes?"

"Not usually, unless they know the other person in the room very, very well."

"And it bothers you that I am unclothed?"

"No, not at all. Well, yes. You're, um, well, you're very ... distracting."

"Distracting?" She wrinkled her brow, and then smiled. "Ohhhh, that peculiar drive to reproduce that seems to occupy some specie's every waking moment. That is it, is it not?"

"That would be it."

"Felinians have evolved away from that habit, but I understand. I shall clothe myself, that is, if you have anything except that filthy rag the Yuglicks gave me." She slowly rubbed her hand over her firm breasts, then down her side and over the curve of her hip. "I still feel dirty after wearing that."

"In the cargo hold, back down the passage. I'll show you."

She turned around. It had to be. Her ass was just as perfect as the rest of her.

I had a small assortment of clothing on board that I'd been stuck with, I mean traded for on Winleer. None of it was really for women, but she found some black, zang lizzard pants, a white shirt, and a pair of boots she liked. Without anything else to do, it was natural for me to just stand there and watch her dress.

The pants were somewhat of a challenge for her since they fit like a second skin. She wriggled and pulled, then rocked her perfect ass back and forth, and finally got them on. They were also a little short in the waist, so her cute little belly button showed. The shirt turned out to be too small to button up, so she left it unfastened and just tied the shirttail in front. The result was that her breasts pushed the fabric out until the shirt gaped all the way down to the knot. When she bent over to pull on the boots, I got a nice view of her round, leather-clad bottom including a very cute little ass crack.

"Well, is this more acceptable?"

"No, not really."

"No? I am still...distracting, as you say?"

"Yep, 'fraid so."

Just then the guidance computer beeped that we were approaching Borchan. We went to the cabin and I plopped down in my chair. She took the chair beside me as I keyed the com system.

"Borchan control, this is Julay, requesting permission to orbit."

After about twenty seconds with no response, I repeated the request.

"Should not they be answering?"

"Well, probably, but Borchans have a few little quirks that -."

The voice on the speaker was, slow, breathy and low-pitched.

"Julay, this is Borchan control. Will, Honey, is that you?"

"Hi, Reega. Yep, it's me. How's every little thing?"

"Well, I'm not Reega, I'm Reegine, and my every little thing is tingling all over. We haven't seen you in so long and...well, you remember the last time you were here, don't you, Honey?"

I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Why does she keep calling you, Honey? What is "Honey"?"

"It's a term of endearment they picked up from Earthers. We use it as a nickname for someone you care a lot about. You have those on Felinia, don't you?"

She shrugged. "If you mean someone we care about, not really. If you are referring to a nickname, I am not familiar with the term."

The com system sputtered and the female voice came back from the speaker.

"Will, Honey, you want to lan-" I heard a muffled, "not now, not while...oh no, I'm going to...Ohhhhhh." In couple minutes, Reggine came back on. "Sorry 'bout that, Will. I had... I got busy with something. You want to land or what?"

"That's the general idea. I have something for Manoleen."

"Oh, I see. Well, if it's the same as before, she's gonna be very happy." A giggle came from the speaker. "She couldn't walk until the next morning, and she didn't stop smiling for a week. You take pad ninety-six, Honey. See you when you get here."

The space port shuttle picked us up from pad ninety-six along with my cargo of cuccros. I checked them just before we landed and they were still alive and not yet mature. Cuccros are little fish like creatures from Calendia. They're apparently very tasty when young, but go bitter about two weeks after they're hatched. I'd gotten mine a week ago from a trusted trader who guaranteed they were just a day old. Manoleen would be happy, and when she's happy, she wants to spread it around. I was in for at least a day, if I stayed conscious for that long, of some really great sex. I think I told you about her special muscles...

Manoleen's aide, a nubile young Borchan girl, met us at the mansion gate and escorted us to the governor's suite.

"Her honor will be with you in a moment. She's attending to some settlement business with the Intergalaxy Council. Something about a smuggler who escaped from Zancin 4 if I heard correctly. They think he might be coming this way."

Well, this was, as they say, a quandary. I was pretty sure Manoleen wouldn't turn me in, but not sure enough to stick around and find out. She liked me, but she still had her government responsibilities to take of. On the other hand, she'd probably know why my mostly innocent trip to Zancin 4 had attracted so much attention at such a high level. I really needed to talk with her but I didn't want to spend much time on Borchan if the authorities suspected that's where I was.

Fortunately, I didn't have to wait long. In a couple minutes, Manoleen walked into the room and smiled, then reached down and stroked the front of my pants. Manoleen doesn't keep her feelings to herself very well.

"Will...it's so good to see you again. What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much. Just my usual trading trip to some of my usual places."

"That's not what I hear from Intergalaxy. They gave me a description of your shuttle, and they say you're smuggling things that aren't legal. They wouldn't say what, but I can guess. Morovian happy seeds, Gillisan eggs...No?... Then what did you have?"

"Just some Jananga fruit. I know it's not legal, but it doesn't hurt anybody so I don't know what they're so upset about. They never were before."

Manoleen smiled and her white tooth plates beamed between her blue green lips.

"No, I doubt they'd send out a search and capture on you for that. It must be something else. By the way, who is this with you? Not your wife, I hope." Manoleen grinned. "That is, unless she's very flexible."

Did I mention that Manoleen is not picky about the sex of her playmates? Well, she's not.

"No, not my wife. This is Xanmar, a Felinian I sort of traded my jananga for."

Manoleen's brow made a long furrow over all three of her deep, dark sensuous eyes.