The Long Ride Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I would like the church's blessing to hold our wedding here," Itzel said, feeling Callum placing his hand on her shoulder. Reaching across her chest, peering up at him as she rested her right hand over his.

"Ah, the church and I would love nothing more to be the ones that bring the two of you into your wedded bliss," Father Brian said, with a warm smile. "However, is your fiancé Christian, and why didn't you ask the Perish to hold this wedding?"

"Lutheran," Callum stated matter-of-factly.

"I haven't been going to that church long enough to warrant a wedding there, plus this church has been a very big part of my life, and I want it to be a part of this journey." Itzel said, in a loving, light tone as her thumb lightly brushing along the back of Callum's hand.

"Well, it's good to know that you follow the word of God," Brian said, in a friendly tone.

"We go every Sunday, I sing too!" Shari said, chiming in.

"Oh, do you now?" Brian asked, playfully.

"Mmmhmm," Shari nodded, "and me and Daddy always pray to God for the food he gives us," she said, in an innocent voice.

"That's very good, now you keep praying and I'm sure God will hear that sweet voice of yours," Brian said, flashing Shari a warm fatherly smile.

"He did!" Shari said, nearly bouncing in Itzel's lap. "He sent Itzel!"

"Shari..." Callum began to say only to have his voice die in his throat as Itzel looked up at him. Her eyes asking him was she not sent by God, did she not bring light into his and Shari's lives? Her lips curved into a taunting smirk seeing how hard pressed his lips were.

"But Daddy I prayed and prayed for a Mommy and for you to be happy, and Itzel appeared," Shari said bashfully, as she turned in Itzel's lap.

"Then... I'm very happy that you did," Callum said, uncertain that God would take action just for one man when there were others who needed his protection the most. Glancing up when Father Brian cleared his throat.

"While you aren't catholic that doesn't mean the church won't recognize your marriage. You'll just have to take a few classes to prepare the two of you for married life," Brian said, looking between Callum and Itzel. "But you can take those at the Perish where Itzel worships when the two of you return. Now the most important question of all, when would the two of you like for this to be held?"

"September," Itzel stated.

"So soon?!" Brian said, arching an eyebrow.

"We're expecting," Itzel said, placing her hand over her stomach.

"Congratulations once again," Brian spoke with a board smile. "September 15th is the soonest we can hold your wedding, will that be acceptable?" he asked once he had looked through the church's planner.

"Yes Father, that will be fine," Itzel nodded squeezing Callum's hand.

Itzel and Callum, with Shari between the two of them, holding her hands as they walked out the front door of the church after an hour of speaking with Father Brian. Itzel would have thought Father Brian would put up more of a fuzz given that Callum wasn't Catholic. She didn't say a word knowing that her parents must have called ahead and spoken to the Father. She knew that had to be the reason that they were fast tracking their marriage. Not that she was complaining, it just means she finally gets the man she's always longed for.

"Itzel wait!" Jessica called out as the front doors began to close. Watching Itzel turning towards the sound of her voice as she hurriedly rushed to catch up to her friend. "I just heard!!" she said, throwing her arms around her friend. "Please! You have to tell me everything."

"Itzel why don't you stay and catch up with your friend, your father and I have to run into work," Elena said, after reading text from her assistant. "We'll, have Steven come back for you."

"Would you mind?" Itzel asked, looking over at Callum.

"Of course not, I'll get us some coffee while you two catch up," Callum said, smiling friendly at Jessica. "Now you stay with Itzel, okay?" he spoke as Shari nodded in understanding.

"I'll keep my eye on her," Itzel said, blowing him a kiss and a wink.

"Text me what you all want," Callum called back to her as he followed after Itzel's parents.

Callum waved to Elena and Asher as they drove away once they dropped him off. Heading off to where Elena had told him where the playground was on the property. Itzel's and Jessica's voices floated on the air as he approached.

"There he is," Jessica said, with a smile on her lips..

"Hey baby!" Itzel exclaimed as Callum placed the drink tray on the picnic table. Noting how Callum was watching Shari as she slid down the slide.

"Daddy!" Shari shouted as she ran over to the table. "What did you get?" she asked, her curiosity pegged. Her eyes followed his hands as he handed out the drinks.

"For you fruit punch and danishes... you do like danishes, don't you?" Callum asked, teasing his daughter who nodded vehemently. Noting how her impatience was growing in her eyes as he placed napkins before Jessica, then Itzel, before placing one before her. "For you Jessica, here's your cherry and cream cheese danish, and for you my dear, your apple," he said, handing out the sweet treats. "And for my little angel... I got you cherry," Callum uttered as he pulled the pastry from the bag. Loving how her eyes always lit up at the simple things in life.

"Thank you, Daddy," Shari said, before digging into the treat.

"You're welcome sweetheart, so how do the two of you know each other?" Callum asked, as he lowered himself, picking off the bits of the pastry. While they did have more filling than the ones in the store, it still wasn't enough for his liking. Arching an eyebrow when Itzel reached over plucking what he had pulled off from his napkin. Smirking at him as she popped it into her mouth.

"Oh, Itzel and I have known each other since the third grade," Jessica said, taking a sip of her coffee.

"How's your mom doing by the way?" Itzel asked, knowing the problems she's had while Jessica was going up.

"Oh, she's doing fine these days, she's gotten back into the movies again," Jessica said, knowing her addiction was one of the reasons that kept her from following after so many starlets.

"I hope she hasn't you know..." Itzel said, ominously.

"I'm keeping a very close eye on her so she doesn't fall off the wagon," Jessica said, sternly.

"So what movie was she in?" Itzel asked, noting how Callum had remained silent yet attentive to their discussion,

"I think she said it was called Dark Enchanted or something like that," Jessica said, she was not expecting for Shari to be staring at her wide eyed, her mouth hung agape as the crumbs of the icing caked in the corners of her lips, the cherry filling marring her upper lip. "Why is she looking at me like that?" Jessica whispered to Itzel.

"Oh, I think your mother just earned herself a lifelong fan," Callum said, with a smile.

"Wait?! I thought it wasn't supposed to be out for a few more months?!" Jessica said, perplexed.

"Dad let Shari have a sneak peak, I take it he was the one who got her the audition?" Itzel asked, with a pointed look.

"Yeah, he did, but it was only for a voice over part."

"What was the part?" Itzel asked, noting how Shari was listening very intently.

"Some talking unicorn... I think..." Wincing as Shari produce a high squeal.

"Shari loved that movie and unicorns in particular. Shari it's not polite to stare," Callum said, in a fatherly voice. "Now are you done" Noting how her drink was almost empty and only two bites of her danish were left.

"Yes Daddy," Shari said, nodding her head.

"Then go play and I'll push you while Itzel and her friend catch up," Callum said, gathering up the used napkins and empty cups.

"My, isn't he something," Jessica said, smirking at her friend as Shari's giggle filled the air..

"That he is,' Itzel said, in a lustful voice as her eyes fell upon Callum's backside. Watching how the denim of his jeans grew tight along it, showing off his ass as he pushed Shari on the swing. Wondering how she got so lucky to win a man like Callum.

"My Itzel, I haven't seen you this lovestruck since the third grade," Jessica teased giggling behind her hand. "Well, I'm glad you've found someone that treats you right as compared to all those sleazebags," she said, with a sneer.

"I know, and I'm never letting him go," Itzel sighed. "Now for the most important question of them all," her eyes took on a serious look to them as she gazed at her friend, "I want you as one of my maids of honor, but are you allowed to?"

"Really?!" Jessica gasped as Itzel nodded. "I don't know, I'll have to ask mother superior before I can give you an answer."

"Either way, I want you to attend," Itzel said, holding Jessica's hands.

"Oh, you think I'd miss my friend's wedding?!" Jessica said, with a coy smirk.

******

Two days later...

"Mom? Dad? Where are you going?" Itzel asked, noting the bags in their hands as she and Callum stood by the car ready to leave for the airport.

"Did you honestly believe we wouldn't meet the parents of our future son-in-law before the wedding day," Elena said, handing Steven her bag as Asher did the same. "Hope your parents wouldn't be indisposed by our abruptly showing up without any warning," she said, watching how Callum was typing out something on his phone.

"They say that won't be a problem," Callum stated showing Elena the text.

"And just where are the two of you going to stay?" Itzel asked, fearing the answer.

"With you honey, it will only be for a few days, just long enough to get to know Cal's parents," Elena said, placing a soft kiss on Itzel's cheek before slipping into the back of the car. "Shari would you like to sit beside me?" she asked, patting the seat beside her. Smiling at her as Shari nodded before nearly bounding into the car.

"You better not have anything to do with this," Itzel huffed, her hair whipped in the air as she climbed in. Asher and Callum simply shrugged their shoulders before joining the three of them.

It was an hour into their flight when a text pinged his phone. Sighing into his mind knowing the time that he wouldn't have to interact with Vanessa was over as he opened up his text app.

"Cal?"

"What is it Vanessa?" Callum sent back.

"I was wondering if it would be alright with you if Shari came and spent a night or two with me?"

"What's wrong Cal?" Itzel whispered stroking Shari's hair as she napped in her lap, knowing what that scowl on his face meant. Silently telling her parents that she would tell them later.

"Vanessa." Was the only word he spoke.

"What does she want?" Itzel asked, noting how her parents were glancing at them as they sat on the right hand side of the airplane.

"She wants to know if Shari can spend a night or two with her," Callum said, almost feeling Vanessa's frustration growing the longer it took for him to reply.

"Well, I know you'll do what's best for Shari, you always do," Itzel said, wondering if this will show her parents how good of a father Callum was if the week with them hadn't showed them already.

"Cal... you still there?" Vanessa asked.

"Yeah, I'm still here."

"I know you'll just be getting back, and I'm sure you want to give Shari a night in her own bed, being away from home for so long. Yet I miss my baby, so can I pick her up?" If he had his way Vanessa wouldn't be anywhere near his daughter. However, this wasn't about him, this was about his daughter and what was best for her.

"I know you'll do what's best," Itzel said, watching how Callum was silently debating with himself.

"You know... just be glad you're so cute," Callum joked.

"And don't you forget it," Itzel shot back sticking her tongue out at him.

"Yeah alright, you can pick her up when we land in an hour and a half or so," Callum typed out before sending it to Vanessa.

"Oh thank you Cal! I'll see you in two hours, have a safe landing?!" Why did it feel like Vanessa could care less about his safety.

"Matt get a room in town, we shouldn't be staying for more than three days," Asher commanded knowing that he nor Elena could be away for that long without making preparations for such a long extended departure from their jobs.

"Certainly, sir," Matt nodded.

"Be sure to keep your receipts," Elena said, coming to stand beside her husband. Looking over at Callum as he and Shari were talking. How it warmed her heart seeing how the two of them interacted with one another as Shari vigorously nodded her head and seeing Callum smiling in response.

"Now you have lot's to tell your friends," Callum said, referring to Shari's stuffed animals.

"Bernard is going to be so jealous!" Shari said, with a stern expression on her face.

"Now Shari, you shouldn't be so hard on your friends," Itzel said, in a motherly voice. Knowing the little rivalry she had created between her and Bernard the bear.

"But...?!" Shari pouted as she looked up at Itzel.

"Shari I thought you two made up?" Callum asked, kneeling before his daughter.

"I did, but I had such a great time..." Smiling lovingly up at Itzel as she slipped her hand into Itzel's, "I just want to rub it in his furry face!" Shari said, trying to keep a straight face.

"I see. Don't be too hard on Bernard, okay?" Callum spoke, a smile lifting the corners of his lips at Shari's giggle as he ran his finger down the bridge of her nose.

"Who's Bernard?" Asher whispered into Itzel's ear.

"Shari's teddy bear," Itzel answered in the same low tone.

"Oh," Asher muttered.

"Well, come show us this town you left home for," Elena said, in a stern, motherly voice.

Breathing in the sweet air of his home as Callum with Shari and Itzel in hand walked through the airport terminal. While he did enjoy the time he spent with Itzel there - nothing beats being back home. That was until Shari yelled out 'Mommy!' sighing that Vanessa couldn't wait until they got home to show herself.

"Shari!" Vanessa matched her daughter's enthusiasm as she squatted down, holding out her arms to Shari. "Oh my baby," Vanessa sighed into Shari's hair as she rocked her daughter in her arms. "I'm so happy your home," she said, holding Shari tightly to her body.

Her eyes glanced up noting how Callum was talking to what appeared to be Itzel's parents who nodded. Sighing into her mind at what she could have had and so stupidly threw away. That same tinge of jealousy reared its head as Itzel kissed Callum.

"I see you couldn't have waited," Callum said, keeping his annoyance from his voice.

"No. I couldn't Cal," Vanessa said, rising to her feet. "It was so hard not call you every day so I could speak with Shari. I would think only one phone call would give me some leeway here."

"Uh-huh."

"Don't be mean Daddy," Shari said, plumping out her lower lip.

"But doesn't my eagerness at wanting to see my baby show you how much I've missed her, and show you that I'm taking this very seriously?" Vanessa asked, daring him to refute her words. Watching how Callum was fighting back his frown. She knew he kept a lot held back when Shari was around. "I promise the next time you two go on a trip I'll wait for the two of you to get home before I pick her up, okay?"

"Fine," Callum sighed, knowing this wasn't about his displeasure with Vanessa, but what was best for Shari.

"I promise to have her at your place no later than five o'clock Monday night," Vanessa said, knowing that she had to keep to her word given the numerous sessions they had together. "So did you have fun with your dad in LA?" Vanessa's question filled the air as they walked towards the main entrance to the airport.

"Mmmhmm," Shari nodded. "Itzel is a princess, and I get to be her flower girl!" she said, nearly bouncing on her feet.

"Is she now," Vanessa muttered, peering over her shoulder not enjoying the smirk she saw on Callum's face. "Well, I bet you'll be the prettiest flower girl ever!" she said, smiling warmly down at her daughter as they exited the automatic sliding doors.

"Come, I'll drop you off at your place," Itzel said sweetly, as she stepped up to Callum's side.

Callum noted how both Elena and Asher were slyly eyeing his small house, and his old beat up truck sitting in his driveway. Not that he could blame them given the grandeur they were accustomed to. Seeing Itzel blushing as he waved to her before she pulled away from the curb.

"Hey, we're back," Callum said, speaking into his phone as he entered his home.

"How did it go?" Gisselle asked, as she answered.

"It was interesting," Calum said, going through what had transpired in LA as he dumped his and Shari's dirty clothes out on to the floor in front of the washing machine.

"And they're going to fly everyone out there?!"

"That's what they said," Callum stated as he loaded up the washer.

"And when can we expect to meet Itzel's parents?" Gisselle inquired eager to meet Itzel parents.

"Tomorrow night," Callum stated matter-of-factly.

"Good, now where's my baby girl?"

"With her mother," Callum sighed.

"I see. Well, hasn't Vanessa shown that she has Shari's interest and wellbeing at heart?" Gisselle asked, knowing everything Vanessa has been doing to prove that she could be a good mother to Shari given how Vanessa has been calling her pretty much daily.

"Really?!" Callum uttered in surprise.

"Cal, honey, I know you still have misgivings about Vanessa, and rightly so. But she is trying, Callum," Gisselle said, hearing her son's groan over the line. "Now if she does something to harm or upset Shari, you bet I'll be the first one to snap her back into place."

"Yes mother."

"Don't you take that tone with me young man. You aren't so big that I won't put you over my knee." Callum's hand instinctively reached back to cover his backside. "Now do you think they will enjoy a homecooked chicken dinner with all the trimmings?"

"Yeah... I think that will be okay," Callum said, after a few moments.

"Okay, honey, I'll expect to see you and Itzel at seven o'clock sharp."

"Yes Mom," Callum said, mimicking his best voice from his childhood. "Ah! So good to be home," he said to himself.

A few hours had passed, Shari's and Callum's folded, clean clothes were tucked neatly in their drawers. Food had been restocked due to their time way and what had spoiled was tossed into the garbage. Water dripped from his now clean shaven jaw as Callum stared at himself in the mirror of his bathroom. Running his damp towel along his face as he exited the bathroom. Picking his phone up from the dresser once he walked into his bedroom. Opening up his contact list, his smirk was reflected on the screen as he pulled up Itzel's number.

"Hey baby!" Itzel's chipper voice echoed over the line.

"Hey Itzel, I was wondering if you wanted to go for a ride?" Callum asked, with a mischievous grin.

"Really?!" Her voice hit the high note, Callum had been wondering if Itzel had been climbing up the walls with her parents staying at her house.

"You think I'm gonna pass up the chance to feel you pressed against me?" Callum stated with a coy smirk.

"When?" Callum could hear Itzel's eagerness.

"Say I pick you up in ten minutes."

"Okay, but what bike will you be taking?" Itzel asked, standing in front of her closet. She had hurriedly rushed to her room the moment she saw Callum's number on her screen.

"The Dark Horse," Callum stated matter-of-factly.

"With the side car attached?" Itzel inquired, as her eyes ran over what outfit to wear.

"No," Callum chuckled.

"Okay, I'll be ready."

******

"Itzel, where are you going?" Asher asked, as his daughter walked down in a dark blue dress that ended at mid-thigh.