The Lost One Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Indeed he was. Slycer is also our cousin and my best friend. Dragons have always been the unicorns' strongest ally and protector." explained Xack.

"But on the day of the Invasion, we couldn't protect them from the evil forces. As some of us later found out, Slycer was there when the princess was killed by Zeather. He would have destroyed her soul if Slycer hadn't of sacrificed his life. The rest of us hid in the Mountains of Eternity." added Lola.

"The Evil One was looking for us so the best place to hide was right under his nose."

"That is clever. Zeather would never think to look in his own territory." grinned Sir Reginald.

"That is correct. But now time is of the essence. We must find Pristine and those girls. If Slycer is with them, then we don't have to worry as much. I know he'll protect them." said Lola.

"Right, but we need to release the prisoners here too." mentioned Kyra.

"Okay than. Sir Reginald, Drock, and Kyra, you release the prisoners. The rest of us will look for the girls." instructed Lance.

"Right." agreed the others.

"What's Drock doing?" asked Lola.

Drock walked over to Bregar and bent down to get something. He walked over holding up a set of keys.

"I guess these guys are the guards." replied Drock.

"Great! Now let's get going!" insisted Kyra vehemently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the while, Pristine and Slycer were fighting their way through the chaos. Pristine was a little surprised on how well she could still fight. She mostly defended herself for she refused to kill anyone. It was hard on her though for even though she was fighting Zeather's men, it pained her to hurt anyone. One of the few things that kept her going was her feelings to keep everyone safe, and plus the unicorn's mental support. She continued to put a few of them to sleep when she could.

"You're doing well, Pristine. I can see you've improved your fighting skills." commented Slycer.

"Well, you and Xack were my sword instructors in my past life."

"I wonder if Xack and any other dragons are alive."

"Oh, Xack and Lola are alive. They're with my group right now."

Pristine told him about her travels.

"When I remembered who I was, it was after they joined up with us. I recognized them immediately on the morning of my discovery. They were living in the Mountains of Eternity. We were on our way to see Inion. He's using your old stronghold as a sanctuary."

Slycer sighed in relief.

"That's a relief to know they are alive. Um, who else is in this group again besides Pixie and that water folk, Mallian?"

Slycer kept on fighting while they are talking.

"My friend Kyra, who was living in the same village I was reborn in. There's Sir Reginald of Cranston, the princess of Grom, Ophealia, Lance, his brother Grayson, Lance's band of outlaws, and Drock, who was raised by dwarfs."

"You have humans in your group?"

Slycer raised his eyebrows in surprise and disbelief.

"They're trustworthy Slycer. Their hearts are true. And you know very well that I have the ability to see into a person's soul."

Pristine frowned at her old tutor. Slycer grinned. The princess always did have a stubborn streak, but he didn't see it as a flaw.

"Yes, you're right. Lance, huh? "

He looked at Pristine and stated, "You're in love with this Lance."

Pristine blushed before saying, "I am. How could you tell?"

"You're eyes glowed when you spoke his name."

Slycer grinned slightly. Pristine giggled. He had always been one of the few people who could read her.

"You know this is a problem Pristine. He's human and you're not. The law says you can only marry someone within your own kind."

"Yes, I know. But I also know that I have the ability to change the laws."

Pristine smirked before moving on. Slycer did not know what to think of that. No one could changed the Natural Laws of their world unless that being was the goddess of Light, Corlana or . . .- Slycer snapped himself out his thoughts before following Pristine. They must have made a wrong turn for they were making their way up one of the towers.

"We better work our way down. We are getting side track. Pristine, what's wrong?"

Pristine stopped in her tracks. Suddenly, she took out the Crystal of Life and placed a protective barrier up. At the same time, an explosion came from the other side as debris came flying at them. Luckily, Pristine's barrier protected them and the debris disintegrated. Cold air rushed in from the outside.

"Well, you are getting more powerful." commented Slycer.

That's when a figure appeared in the opening. It was Zeather! Slycer immediately stepped in front of Pristine.

"Slycer, it's been such a long time. How were you ever to escape that cell?" asked Zeather heinously.

"None of your business; you come one step closer and I'll tear you limb from limb."

"Slycer! Move!" ordered Pristine.

"I'd listen to her Slycer. You couldn't defeat me twenty-eight years ago. What makes you think you can destroy me now?"

The Evil One giggled sinisterly.

"He's right, Slycer. This is my fight."

Pristine tried to get in front of him.

"No! I will not leave you!"

"You leave me no choice than. Forgive me."

"What are you doing?"

Pristine held out the Crystal of Life and shouted, "Take him to the others! Now!"

"No!"

It was too late. Light engulfed him and transported him out of the area.

"You realize that no matter where you place him, he can't hide. But now, let's get down to business." commented Zeather as he pulled out his huge claymore.

That very second, he launched negative energy at Pristine. Sensing it ahead of time, Pristine managed to dodge it and started running up the stairs.

"You can run, but you can't hide!"

Zeather added in a silent voice, "And just to make sure you can't escape . ."

Using his power, the Evil One locked the doors leading up to the tower, and put a spell on it so no one got in.

"Ready or not Pristine! Here I come!"

Slycer reappeared near the entrance of the stairs of the western tower. The minute he realized where he was at, he charged toward the doors. Unfortunately, Zeather's spell prevented him from breaking through.

"No! Pristine!" Slycer hollered in agony.

He would not give up. He would not fail her again. He was so focused on breaking through the doors, that he did not see Lance, Xack, and Lola running into the room.

"Slycer!" Xack and Lola shouted.

"Xack!! Lola!"

Lola ran and hugged her cousin. Xack's eyes became misty, but soon though they became serious again.

"What's wrong?" asked Xack.

"The Evil One's got Pristine."

"WHAT?!?!?! Noooo!" shouted Lance before taking his sword and miraculously broke through Zeather's barricade, before running through.

The three dragons were impressed. Slycer was about to follow Lance, but Lola stopped him.

"Where are the other girls?"

"Pixie and Mallian are taking them home. I need to protect Pristine."

"We know you do Slycer and so do we, but Lance there will save her. We'll do better in our dragon forms and go outside. That way we'll surprise Zeather." commented Xack.

"Very well. So that's Lance, huh. He must really love her to go rushing in like that." Slycer managed a smile.

"He does. Slycer, we feel we should tell you that Lance and the other humans don't know who Pristine is. We don't even know if she realizes it herself." added Lola.

"She does now. She also told me she remembers about the prophecy and her past. She remembered when you were at Inion's. She recognized you two as well."

"I wondered why she was looking at us differently that morning. Well, we better hurry." reminded Xack.

"Yes, we better." agreed Slycer.

"And hope we're not too late."

They knew they didn't have much time for even if Lance did save Pristine, neither of them were a match for the Evil One.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Sir Reginald, Drock, and Kyra released all of the prisoners, they fought their way to the main hall. Those prisoners who could fight did their best to help out. Those who could fight not were taken outside and away from the fighting. Amongst the prisoners, most were mystical creatures.

"We need help!" commented Kyra.

"You're right about that lass." agreed Sir Reginald.

Suddenly, the front doors busted open as Grayson, Ophealia, Mallian, and Pixie appeared along with the Jarain, Scallen, and outlaws.

"Perfect timing." smiled Kyra.

"Where's Lance, Xack, and Lola?" asked Grayson.

"They went looking for Pristine and the girls." answered Drock.

"You don't have to worry about the three girls. Pristine brought them to us and they're safe now." assured Pixie.

"Then what happened to Pristine?" asked Kyra.

"She and a dragon named Slycer went back to find you guys." replied Mallian.

"So the dragon Xack and Lola knew was alive." commented Drock.

"How'd Xack and Lola know about this dragon?" asked Ophealia.

"Because they are dragons themselves." answered Kyra.

"Whoa!" replied Grayson.

"You two don't look surprised." Ophealia stated when she looked at Mallian and Pixie.

"We already knew they were mystical creatures. We even guessed they were dragons, but we weren't sure." replied Pixie.

That's when Xack, Lola, and Slycer appeared.

"Hey guys! Who's he?" asked Kyra.

"This is Slycer." introduced Xack.

"Oh so you're Slycer! Hi, I'm Kyra!"

"Uh, Xack, where's Lance?" asked Grayson.

"Slycer? Where's Pristine?" asked Mallian.

"Zeather has Pristine on the western tower." started Slycer.

"And Lance went after them." added Xack.

"Oh no! We got to help them!" exclaimed Ophealia.

"That's what Xack, Slycer, and I are going to do. Come on! Let's go!" urged Lola.

They all rushed outside to find Baron Boris, Lord Nelson, Carson, Freyia, Palla, and Tarma and others looking up. The three girls looked scared.

"What's going on?" asked Ophealia.

"Look up there! Pristine's fighting Zeather!" pointed Freyia.

True enough, Pristine was on the top of the western tower with Zeather. Pristine was holding her sword in front of her.

"There is no place for you to run Pristine." replied Zeather.

"I don't plan on running anymore, Zeather. I also know it's not time yet. I will survive."

And she would for the fate of so many people rested on her shoulders. She sensed and heard her

friends shouting below.

"On the contrary Pristine, I will see to it that you will not make out of here alive."

"Let's just see."

She would try to disable him somehow and then made her escape, but that was easier said than done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During this time, Lance was racing up the tower. All that he was thinking about was Pristine. She was his life and everything. He could not lose her after he finally found her.

"Please let me get there in time." he thought.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, he reached the top. He opened the trap door to see Zeather cornering Pristine, who's kneeling in front of him. Pristine breathed heavily. She tried her best to fight the Evil One, but without the other part of her soul and the ancient sword, she was no match. On the ground, Xack and Lola literally held down Slycer. Xack kept saying that they attacked at the last possible moment. Lance did not wait though when he saw the two. As Zeather raised his sword, Lance charged at him. By the time both Pristine and Zeather noticed him, Lance swung his sword and chopped off Zeather's hands. Zeather staggered back a bit as he screamed so loud that the world trembled. Just as Lance knelt next to Pristine, Zeather quickly regained himself and suddenly created a new pair of hands. He grabbed Lance and threw him across the tower. Luckily, he landed on it but hit his head on the hard ground, knocking him unconscious.

Pristine screamed, "Noooo!"

Her scream was felt by every living thing. Feeling the unicorn's power inside of her as well as her own rise within her, Pristine took out the crystal again as she and the crystal started to glow. Holding it close, Pristine levitated into the air. The wind picked up, the earth trembled, clouds began to form and it started to rain, and lightning crackled. All the while, Lola and Xack transformed into gray and silver dragons and flew up to retrieve Lance, who was still unconscious. They both stayed in the air, just in case. Slycer also changed into a dragon. He felt Pristine's power increased twofold. Most likely she would use most her strength in this move and Slycer wanted to be ready when it happened.

"Everybody start moving! This is going to be a big one!" he ordered.

Everyone complied. The Evil One knelt down because the light emanating from Pristine was intense. Pristine looked up into the sky and held up the crystal.

"Elements of earth, wind, water, and fire! Lend me your strength!"

All of the sudden, all the four main elements combined into one ball of energy over Pristine.

"Elemental Storm!" Pristine shouted before launching it at Zeather.

There was a huge explosion as the spell obliterated the fortress. Pristine fainted as she and the crystal fell for she used up most of her power. Seeing their cue, Lola and Slycer flew to catch them. Lola caught the crystal while Slycer caught Pristine on his back. All of the others were gone as the dragons raced to catch up with them. Zeather was not destroyed though and staggered from the rubble. He was exhausted but managed to create a ball of negative energy. Glaring in the direction of where the others escaped, the Evil One launched the ball in their direction. It hit its mark as it hit Slycer on the neck. The force of it knocked Slycer unconscious as he hollered and tumbled to the ground. Pristine fell off of him, but Lola quickly caught her. Everyone else saw this and followed them.

Slycer crashed nearby. By the time both Pristine and Lance woke up, they all found Slycer.

"Oh, what happened?" asked Pristine before she saw Slycer on the ground.

"Slycer? Slycer!!" she cried as she slumped off Lola and dragged herself over to her friend.

Lance did the same. Xack and Lola turned back to humans and knelt next to their cousin. As Pristine hugged Slycer and cried, he opened his eyes. He was weak and tired and felt his life force draining. Lance placed a hand on Pristine. Slycer murmured Pristine's name.

Pristine drew back before asking, "Where's the crystal?"

"No! Don't Pristine. If you use the crystal, you'll die because . . . You used up most of your strength when you fought . . . Zeather." Slycer barely said.

Pristine knew he was right and broke into a sob. Lance hugged her.

Slycer looked at Lance before saying, "Please, watch and protect her."

"Count on it." Lance nodded.

Slycer managed to nod back before closing his eyes and breathing his last breath. Pristine screamed out his name before clinging to Lance. Far off the unicorn cried out as well and their cry broke every heart. Lola burst into tears as well as Ophealia, Pixie, and Kyra. Even some of the eyes of the men were misted. After a few minutes of mourning, some of them covered Slycer's body with dead leaves and dirt for they did not find anything living like flowers or green leaves. They all then prepared to return to Drexal making travois for the injured. The mystical creatures agreed to help them even though they were eager to find the three sanctuaries. Soon the others mounted their horses and left. Since Pristine was still too weak to ride by herself, she rode with Lance. Pristine's horse was tied to his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was early afternoon they finally returned and since the Jarain territory was closer, they went there. The Jarain women and children and several other servants rushed out of the manor.

"Hi mother!" waved Freyia, who was riding with Lord Nelson.

"Freyia!" shouted Lady Darla.

Freyia dismounted, rushed to her mother, and the two embraced. Everyone else dismounted as Lord Nelson ordered some of the servants to tend to the wounded. The mystical creatures said they would stay until all of them were fully recovered. Lance was the only one that remained on his horse.

"Can someone help me please?" asked Lance.

Pristine was asleep.

"Here." offered Xack as Lance transferred Pristine into his arms.

Lance dismounted before Xack gave him Pristine.

"What's wrong with her?" asked Josiah.

"She's had an ordeal and is tired." Lance stated.

"Freyia, lead him inside and show him where he may place Pristine." Lady Darla ordered.

"Yes, mother. Follow me sir."

Lance followed her into the house. It was then the Jarain women noticed the Scallens.

"Why are the Scallen here?" asked Lady Darla.

"They are our guests, Darla. We've made peace. Harold! Have the cook prepare more food for we're going to have a feast!" Lord Nelson told his butler.

"Right away my lord." bowed Harold before leaving.

"Baron, you should go and invite the rest of your family over."

"Indeed I shall. Brother, you and a few others go home and invite the others." ordered Baron Boris.

"Yes, brother."

"Can Palla and I go too, uncle?" asked Tarma.

"Of course you can."

"Yippee!"

The girls mounted a few horses. Tarma rode with Carson while Palla rode with another Scallen. They took off.

"Come, let's go inside and rest our feet. Today's feast will be in honor of Pristine and her friends." suggested Lord Nelson.

"All right! I am starved!" shouted Kyra.

They all entered the house. Unbeknownst to all, the unicorn stood at a nearby hill.

"Soon, all will be restored. Soon." she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hehe, how many of you were surprised to learn who Xack and Lola really were? I did give clues that they weren't human, but you had to catch them quickly because they were pretty subtle. Slycer is one of my favorite chars here. I was inspired by several movies for the dungeon and the dungeon guards. The dungeon was inspired by the dungeon from The Three Musketeers staring Chris O'Donnell, Tim Curry, and Keifer Sutherland. The guards, Bregar and Garum were inspired by the two creatures from the evil kitchen in Legend, that started Tom Cruise and Tim Curry. Only 3 more chapters left so we're almost there! hehe.