The Love Shack Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jules! Where were you going? Please, come back inside. I have someone I want you to meet, and I think afterwards it's time for us to talk, don't you? I won't rant and rave, I promise, and if I get loud shut me down. I've loved you as a friend too long not to try and bury the hatchet. Once again, I'm asking politely."

She held a little debate in her head before smiling. It was a little tentative, but she agreed. Both to going back inside and to talking later. I brought her back in, and after she gave her order to the waitress, I introduced her to Sandy. "Jules, this is Sandy Reynolds. She's a friend of Jason's, her husband is one of his engineers. She's also one of my friends, and she has some definite ideas about the Love Shack. It's time for it to open again."

Jules had an odd expression on her face. "Before we discuss it, I need to tell you Bonny and I are building the same type of venue on part of the old Johnson farm. I got the contract to subdivide it, and it's zoned mix use, so we bought three lots, got an architect to draw up the plans, got the permits, and the foundation is already in. We plan to open in six to eight months."

I was a little surprised and Jules sighed. "Bonny loved that place, Grunt. It was something she had done on her own, and she was very proud of the way she and I had built the business. It hit us hard when you took it away from us. Bonny is going to be furious when I tell her."

"When you tell her, tell her if she hadn't resurrected it into her own little Love Shack, we could have continued on. I was not going to let her have it as a place to swing, and I heard enough on the surveillance video to know it would have happened. Think how much business would have been lost if word had gotten out. This is a pretty conservative little town, Jules. The place would have gone belly up in six months. You might want to make it clear in the operating agreement that it not happen there."

Sandy was listening wide eyed. Jules put her hand on mine. "Please Jimmy, this is not the place to air dirty laundry. We'll take it up later, I promise. Now, in the situation we're in, I won't be able to help you. Bonny would take it as betrayal, and our relationship is a little rocky right now."

She did fill Sandy in on a few things while we ate. Then she rose to left, surprising me by kissing my cheek. "I've missed you, Jimmy. Call me at the office when you want to talk."

Sandy watched as she walked out. "Wow, that sure opened a can of worms, huh? I don't know, and it's none of my business. We'll just have to make do without her advice."

"The next time you're over at Jason's, tell him I said it was all right if he wants to tell the tale. He may not, and if he doesn't then that will be the end of that discussion."

*****

It was ridiculously easy to get the permits, and we were fortunate to get most of the old staff back. We were booked solid almost from the first day. Sandy knew it would help us to be up and running before Bonny and Jules opened, so she worked extra hard to drum up business. She worked two 65-hour weeks back to back before I put a stop to it. "No more than fifty hours, and I mean it. You've got a husband and a little girl at home, remember? Besides, I don't want you to burn out, so delegate some things. Take a day off once in a while. You'll like yourself better, your husband will like you better, me and your staff will like you better. You understand what I'm saying?"

I could tell she understood, but I knew I'd have to watch her. I knew well how consumed one could get trying to make something happen. Bonny had to have the same talk with me when we were in our mid-thirties.

Jules must have told Bonny about the reopening. I hadn't talked to her for almost four months and she calls me up, going into a screaming rant that must have lasted five minutes. When she finally stopped for breath, she sounded defeated. "Do you hate me that much? The one thing I did mostly on my own, the one thing I could point to as a measure of my worth, and you took it from me. Now you're giving it to a total stranger."

"I took it from you because I was pissed. All those platitudes you were spouting about us getting back together, the whole-time fucking strangers like rabid monkeys, and using the Shack to do it in? At the time, I did hate you. Everything you'd told me after the island was total bullshit. You'll excuse me if I don't get too broken up, but you brought this on yourself. Why, Bonny? You still haven't told me why you decided to destroy everything. Not and make sense anyway. Now's your chance, girl. Speak up."

There were maybe eight sobs and the line went dead.

Jen was working a job she didn't particularly like and one day her company was bought out and everyone was let go. She was despondent for a couple of days, wondering what she was going to do. "Come to work for Sandy. She needs an assistant and you have the skill set. You'll make more than you were making at your old job, and you might like it better. Even if you don't, it will look good on you resume."

"I'll feel kind off awkward working for the man I'm living with."

"You won't be working for me; you'll be working with Sandy. I have very little to do with the business, especially the day to day operation. If you don't want it, take some time off and look for something you'd really like to do. I'm pretty sure your boyfriend would keep you up for a month or two."

She grinned and started the next week.

Jason and Annette told Ed and Sandy about the swinging fiasco. They weren't as shocked as we thought they'd be. Ed laughed. "I came from California for this job, remember? One of the main reasons why was to get away from lifestyles like that. I have nothing against it, but it almost always gets out of control, and it's hard to work with an artist when that shit is going on, while he or she is trying to write or record. We know one or two couples who live like that and have been for years, so some people can make it work. Most can't."

*****

It was the middle of summer, and Jason had us over for a barbeque, and by barbeque, I mean the real thing. He was kind of a fanatic about it after Earl introduced him to it. He had three large grills and one small one, and his favorite, despite the ones he gave thousands for, was an old converted 250-gallon oil drum. The guy who built it for him was a master. It was mounted on an axle and had a hitch, so it could be hauled anywhere. We had borrowed it a couple of times for family reunions held at the Shack, and Jason cooked. It gave him a kick and he was pretty good at it. The customers thought so, anyway.

We were lying around in the lounge chairs, happily full, when Annette declared it tub time. Jason asked me if I objected, knowing I had bad memories. "As long as everyone keeps their suits on and nobody is groping someone that isn't with them, I have no problem."

The women stripped out of their shirts and tops, their bathing suits already on. Jason, Ed, and I already had on board shorts so we lost our shirts. I was between Jen and Rhonda, then it was Jason and Annette, then Vickie, then Sandy, and finally Ed. We relaxed and joked for about an hour and I found it a very pleasant experience. I'd always wanted a hot tub for the house, but Bonny always shot it down. I never knew why.

The girls went into the house to change and dry their hair. We watched them, admiring their bikini clad bottoms as they bounced into the house. Jen was the youngest and prettiest, but Annette was still a hottie. Vickie and Rhonda were still good looking, and Sandy was petite and cute, looking like the ultimate soccer mom.

Jason grinned as they disappeared into the house. "It's a good life."

Ed and I both agreed.

*****

I couldn't get the melody Jason had played for me out of my head, and found myself thinking about it often. Words began to form. I ignored them for a while but they kept coming back so I started writing them down. It still took me a month to give them to Jason. I sent them in an email and he called me two hours later. "Get your ass down here!"

We sat down with the guitars and he played it back for me. Sounded a lot better with him doing it. I'd been thinking about a piano line, so we got out a keyboard and I played it. Annette and Jen showed up five hours later to fetch us. It was after midnight. They wanted to know what was so important and Jason played back the tracks we'd laid, my piano a muted understatement to his guitar. They surprised the shit out of us by crying.

Jason got one of his country artists to record it, his gravelly baritone perfect for the song. 'Old Friends and New Lovers' was a bittersweet journey through a divorce into a new relationship. Yes, it was about Bonny and me, and Jen and me, and anyone else who had their heart broken and then recovered to find love again. When it came out it shot to number one in four weeks. One reviewer called it the country equivalent to 'Somebody Like You', by Adele.

I didn't really want anyone to know I helped write it for some reason I couldn't define. Deep down I think if Bonny knew she'd use it against me somehow. So, I used a pen name Jason suggested. L. Shack. I thought it was funny as hell. That was my one foray into songwriting. Jason begged me to continue, but my heart wasn't in it.

Jen and I had been living together for over six months. It was fun and we both needed it, I don't think either one of us expected to last, but it did. Her youth made me feel young again, and my maturity grounded her, so we were perfect for each other. We'd still see Booger from time to time and I always got a great deal of satisfaction from the stares he would give us. If Jen saw him first, she would shower me with little PDA's, just to get his goat. We were at a nightclub one night, a rarity for us. We were basically homebodies, but it was Will and Annette's' anniversary, and the whole group was there celebrating.

It must have killed him to see us together. The ladies were dressed to the nines and over the course of the evening we all danced with each other. Rhonda and Vickie got slow dances from all the girls, as did Ed, Jason, and me. Vickie was terrible tease, and she ground those impressive boobs into me, making sure I could feel her hard nipples. I responded like any man would, and she giggled, dancing over to a dark corner and grabbing my crotch. "I'm still pissed I missed my shot at this. Now, I've got you all primed up, so I'll take you back to Jen."

Jen thought it was hilarious, and then I saw them dancing together and Vick was doing to her what she did to me, down to dancing her to a dark corner. Jen came back with a glazed look on her face and it was my turn to grin. All the guys opted out of the fast tunes after a couple, but the girls stayed on the floor dancing up a storm. There was no twerking or grinding, the place was for more mature couples and upscale, but they still drew an audience pretty quick.

We were having a ball until Booger staggered up. "You bastard! You fucked everything up! It could have been good." He was drunk on his ass, the woman he was with trying to pull him back to the table. I noticed a ring on her finger, so I was guessing she was one of his swing partners.

Before I could react, he turned to Jen. "You cunt! You think I miss you? I'm getting all the pussy I can handle, and they're all better than you were!"

He made a grab for Jen and I reacted out of instinct, knocking him on his ass. I was sitting so I didn't think there was much force behind it, but Booger always did have a glass jaw. He was out cold. The manager and one of the bartenders were already on their way over before I threw the punch. I stood, apologizing and telling him we'd leave.

"Why? You defended your lady. We're the ones who need to apologize for allowing such a disgraceful scene. Alcohol does strange things sometimes, and I'm guessing you have a history."

Jen smiled at him. "He's my ex and he didn't take the breakup well. Then I found Jimmy, and I've definitely traded up."

The bartender was getting him to his feet and Booger was still belligerent. I don't know what he whispered in his ear, but he shut right up. In classic Booger behavior he left his date standing. "I don't have a way home," she said forlornly. We sat her at the table and the ladies comforted her while I called a cab.

"I thought he was a nice guy. I'm only here because my husband had the hots for his partner. It was a sympathy date, pure and simple. This isn't the first time this has happened. I have a feeling he's going to be expelled from the club." I got the feeling she was starting to regret her lifestyle. What kind of man would pimp his wife out to a person like Booger?

When the cab arrived, she thanked us for helping her and I walked her outside. She kissed my cheek right before she got in. "He hates you, you know. I've heard him talk about you before. He has a name for you, The Man That Fucked Everything Up."

I put her in the cab, and paid the driver before I went back inside. I leaned in a little before I shut the door. "Not my business, but you might want to rethink your lifestyle. You don't seem particularly happy, and this will only make it worse."

She sent me an email to my business account, telling me she had took my advice to heart and she and her husband had quit the group. She said that Booger had lost it when they told the group, blaming me for screwing up his life yet again.

Booger sent me his own email, a picture of Bonny with his dick buried in her ass. I started to delete it as soon as I saw it. Instead I forwarded it to Bonny, asking her if she thought it was a good idea to let her lovers photograph her and send them out on the internet. Jules told me later she confronted him, told the group, and they banned him. Privacy was of utmost importance to a group like that. Booger started to slap Bonny but she beat him to the punch. Literally. Knocked him cold. He needed to stop leading with that glass jaw.

*****

It was the fourth of July, and I was on my way to my old home. All my kids were there and almost begged me to come and be together once again. I emailed Bonny and asked if she thought we could get along for a few hours. I did not want to walk into an ambush.

She emailed me back almost instantly. "We got along for 25 years. I'm sure if we both make the effort; we can be civil for a few hours. You bringing a date?"

It was a jab at Jen. She was deeply resentful we were living together. We actually talked one day when I was at the office getting the check stubs for the crews. It was all direct deposit these days, but they still got a weekly stub for their records. Normally I let someone else do it, but we were incredibly busy and I hated pulling anyone away from their job. Bonny was surprised to see me, even pleasant. Then she made a snide remark about Jen. "Bonny, what is your problem? We weren't seeing each other socially until after our divorce. You've probably been out with ten or twelve guys, and probably slept with twice that many through your swing club, and you're pissed because I'm seeing one woman?"

"She's too young!"

"Be truthful here. In your adventures, do you fuck younger men?"

She wouldn't answer, which was answer enough. "Enough! I didn't come here so we could sling shit at each other. I'll see you at the picnic."

We were congenial at first, but bonny had a few beers and started getting snide. I worked her away from the kids and unloaded on her. "You need to stop this shit before I get pissed enough to leave. I don't make jabs at you for being a dick seeking slut, so lay off about the ONE woman I have."

I don't think she spoke more than four words to me the rest of the afternoon. I looked her over when her attention was elsewhere, wondering if her lifestyle was wearing on her. I was surprised to note she looked at least fifteen pounds slimmer, her hair had been lightened and she had allowed it to grow out, and the sundress she was wearing was pretty flattering. The only difference was her eyes. They were harder, and the humor was much less evident. I wondered if her new lifestyle brought her the joy we used to share. She caught me looking and smirked, swaying her hips a little more than normal. Still didn't make me want to jump her bones. All I saw when she wriggled her ass was Booger buried in it.

The kids were happy but careful. I took for it a little while before I told them if they were going to continue, I was leaving. After that they were almost back to normal. The grandchildren were all over us. The smallest had just learned to walk and she was doing her best to try and keep up with her cousins. She tired quickly, climbed up on my lap, and took a nap.

Bonny quietly came up and sat down on the glider swing, being careful to keep as much distance as possible between us. She looked down at the baby and smiled but didn't speak. Soon the next youngest toddled over and Bonny scooped him up, snuggling. He was asleep in seconds. I head the click and looked up to see July snapping like crazy.

She bent down and kissed my cheek, whispering in my ear. "I wish this was real." Then she kissed her mother but I don't know if she said anything.

She had to have a parting shot. "Give your little tramp my best."

"I'd rather give her my best. You know, making love to Jen reminds me of the times we had together.... fifteen years ago."

She wanted to go off so bad she nearly exploded. I grinned all the way home.

I thought a lot about Jen on the way home. I'd gotten quite comfortable with her, comfortable enough to start thinking long term. I was still in good health, my gym buddy did some tests and declared me to have the same physiology as someone in their thirties. Maybe I had enough good years left to have a nice long relationship.

Jen had gone to a party with Sandy and some of her friends from the record company and the staff of the Shack, mostly people her age or younger. She seemed flushed and tense when I got home, barely kissing me and putting distance between us. I waited a bit before asking her what was wrong.

"All right, something is obviously bothering you. You've never had a problem talking to me before, so spit it out."

"I want... I... uh... I think I should move out."

Well, that was the last thing I expected. I remained calm. "That's your choice. I don't own you, we haven't made long range plans, so if you think you need to go, then by all means, leave."

She went from being almost passive to shocked. "That's it? Go ahead? Happy Trails? Don't let the door hit me in the ass?"

"Did you expect me to beg you to stay? Sounds like you've reached a decision to me. I'd like to thank you for telling me to my face. Can you be out by the weekend?"

"You...you're not even going to ask me why, or try fighting for me?"

"You're sending mixed signals here Jen. I don't really need to know why. If we were solid enough, I shouldn't have to fight. Especially since I don't know who or why I'm fighting. I would like to thank you for the time we've had. I consider you the only reason I didn't go off the deep end right after the island. That being said, my head is on a lot straighter now, so I won't be getting depressed. Doesn't mean I won't miss you or what we had. It just means I can deal with the disappointment much better now."

She wanted to talk about it. I didn't. I left her on the couch crying. I wondered why as I drove away.

And despite what I said, it did hurt me. Deeply and truly. My second chance blew up right in front of me. I decided to steer away from any type of commitment in the future. I might be ready in ten years or so, when I was in my sixties. In the meantime, I was still in good shape, still had my hair, and was pretty set financially. I'd be a magnet to women my age and younger. The fact is once the word got out, I could get laid every day if I felt like it.