All Comments on 'The Marathon Ch. 04'

by RichardKimble

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. I didnt see that coming. Well written but they both just glossed over her addiction! She has young kids and is risking her health having oral sex with a stranger and no doubt even more in the future. Part 1 and 2 had me on edge but mow the bomb exploded. I am done.

diecastdan67diecastdan67over 2 years ago

I've enjoyed this story all the way through and it's getting better each time. I do think the opiods do need to stop, it was a good segue, but she's a good mom 1st. Keep up the good work

Djmac1031Djmac1031over 2 years ago

Giving you a 5, but if I may offer constructive criticism: it's a bit rushed. Would have been better for Paul to be mad about the cheating but resolve to help her off the drugs. As they went through that he could then come to terms with his hidden desires about her being a slut wife.

Still, I'm not the Author, you are.

Curious where it goes from here.

HyrienHyrienabout 2 years ago

Twist endings are fine but to do them well they should be foreshadowed at least a little. I don’t recall the slightest hint over 4 chapters that Paul was a closeted cuck - unless you think that helping with the kids and chores are signs of same, with which I would not agree.

The bones of the story were sound: MC’s drug-fueled descent into trouble worked as a narrative hook to get me to read to the end. Agree with other commenters that using that as the hook but not resolving it or even mentioning it at the close also left me hanging.

And hey, the sexy bits were plenty hot. Thanks for the story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous