The Naive Young Man

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Over the next few week I was like a hermit, going out only to work and to shop.

One Friday night I was at home with a large Scotch listening to the Four Seasons by Vivaldi when my buzzer went. I looked at my watch and saw it was just after ten.

I answered it.

'Hi, it's me!'

'Bugger,' I thought, 'it's Becca.'

'Can I come up?'

'Ye..yes sure!' I said as I buzzed her in.

She looked fabulous as I later found out she had been out with her mates.

I asked if she'd like a drink and she said she would have what I was drinking.

We sat together on the sofa and I waited to hear what she had to say.

'You've not been out in the Square recently?'

I shook my head, not daring to talk.

'This is the third Friday I've been looking for you and my friends kept asking why we had to always go to the same bars in the same area every week so I told them about you and that we had broken up. I didn't tell them why and they knew better not to ask.'

'Wow!' I thought.

'Say something Rob. Tell me you're pleased to see me or tell me to go home.'

'I...I'm pleased to see you!' I blurted out.

'Can I stay tonight?' she asked.

'Sure, I'll make up the sofa for myself again.' I told her.

'No you won't. I know you feel uncomfortable about this but promise you'll cuddle me. I need you to cuddle me in.'

I promised and we finished our drinks in silence before we went to bed.

I stripped to my boxers and she kept on her panties. As I cuddled into her I couldn't help myself get hard. She kept pushing her bum back into me and wiggling it about.

'Becca! Stop that and go to sleep!'

'Ha ha,' she giggled. 'You're no fun.'

I smiled as I hugged her and we both fell into a contented slumber.

The next day we went out for breakfast in the same place in the Square just like we had the first time. It just felt so natural but I didn't want to push my luck.

As it was, my luck was pushed for me when she asked if I thought we could get back to where we were.

I told her I would love to but I asked her how she felt about my past,

She said that if I was certain that I wanted to distance myself from the rest of 'The Group' then she was fine with it. I promised I would.

We spent a lot of time together over the next week or so and one night when we were having a quiet drink in a pub in Shepherds Market she told me that her father's funeral would be the following Thursday and asked if I would go along with her as her partner.

I thought it was a huge step but quickly agreed .

I told her that I had a meeting with my boss the following morning and I would tell him making sure my diary was clear that day.

I went on to tell her that I wasn't looking forward to seeing Phil, my boss as I had lost quite a few of the Group's accounts.

Phil was forty two and had worked for the company for fifteen years. He started out like me then worked his way up to have his own office at our offices in Mayfair.

He was a good looking guy that kept himself fit. He was married with two teenage daughters and a gorgeous wife.

I was ushered into his office and bade to sit in a comfortable chair the other side of the desk to him.

On the desk was my file. I felt a little uneasy at what he might say.

'So Rob. How is things?'

I explained about the new business I was bringing in but that unfortunately that was offset by the accounts I was losing. I decided to shut up and take my bollocking.

'Yes. Well I suppose it was always going to be expected. It happens to the best of us.'

Then he smiled.

'Yo...You?' I asked with disbelief.

'I was your age. Maybe not as good looking as you but yes I got drawn in to something. I suspect you did the same. I could only surmise that was happening when you brought in such big accounts so quickly. Just keep your focus and you will be fine.'

I let out a sigh of relief and remembered to tell him about Tom Patterson's funeral the following Thursday. His eyebrow raised so I told him about their daughter Becca.

He just smiled and told me to go for it. I didn't quite understand what he meant but I left his office in a better mood than when I had entered it.

The funeral was a solemn affair at Christ Church, Hampstead before people filed back to the Patterson's house for some food and drinks.

Both Becca and her mother looked stunning in black. I had my best black suit and tie on and mingled with the mourners.

Dan and Heather were there but they just blanked me, John and Roberta said hello but Roberta was very cool towards me.

Sir Charles made his way over.

'Sorry to hear you'd baled out old boy. We were looking forward to you visiting us sometime.'

I smiled weakly and moved on. I got chatting to one of Becca's male cousins.

'Well, it looks like Becca has done rather well for herself.' he said.

I thought he was talking about me and was about to thank him modestly until he continued.

'It's not every day you inherit ten million from your father is it?'

I was a little taken aback but tried not to show it. I again drifted around until I came across Becca talking to her aunt. She introduced me and when we finished chatting I maneuvered her to somewhere quiet and asked her about her inheritance.

'I was going to tell you Rob but we only found out yesterday afternoon and with everything going on I just put it off. The fund was worth over one hundred and ten million so Mummy get's the rest. I needed to tell you so you can look after it for me.'

I accepted her answer but it still worried me.

After people drifted off home Becca, Barbara and myself were sitting in the study having a well earned drink.

'Rob,; said Barbara. 'I hope you don't mind but I've booked a table at San Lorenzos in Beauchamp Place for the three of us on Saturday night at eight. Is that OK with you?'

San Lorenzos was Princess Diana's favourite Italian restaurant and I'd always wanted to go so I readily agreed.

I was picked up at seven that Saturday and we headed off to Knightsbridge for dinner.

Becca looked a bit nervous but I thought it might be because we'd just buried her father and it was so soon afterwards. Barbara said we needed cheering up which is why we were there but Becca still wasn't relaxed.

We were taken to a nice table in a corner and Barbara ordered a bottle of champagne which duly arrived. We toasted ourselves and I asked Becca if she was alright?

'Rob, there is something I need to tell you, well, ask you really. Will you marry me?' she blurted out.

I sat with my glass near my lips and froze. I managed to lower it before I spoke.

'I feel that you are probably making a knee jerk reaction to losing your father and may come to regret your actions if I do agree to marry you. You are now a very rich and beautiful young lady that will soon have half the eligible and possibly not so eligible young men from across Europe, maybe even the World beating on your door. I fear that my heart would be shattered into a million pieces if you were to realise your mistake. I'm sorry, I just can't.'

At that I stood and left the restaurant.

I walked about five or six minutes and came to Knightsbridge tube station. I caught the train to Holborn where I changed to go to Liverpool Street station. The trains were crowded but I never saw anyone. I was in a world of my own.

From there I took a bus to Hoxton.

I had knocked my phone off and I didn't want to go straight home so I called in to my favourite bar in the Square. Fortunately there was no one in I knew well enough other than to say hello to.

I kept telling myself I couldn't marry her, that I was right to turn her down. It was absurd, insane even but if I was so right why was I so unhappy. I just knew she would meet a Count or a Lord and live the life she would grow to love.

I climbed into bed that night as drunk as I'd been for a long time.

On Tuesday I had a visitor. The last person I would have expected to be pressing my bell. I buzzed Barbara up.

'You do know she is in absolute pain, don't you. Her heart is empty, she's not eating and it's all your fault!' she barked accusingly at me. I didn't know what to say.

'She adores you. She doesn't want anyone else so get off your high horse, stop feeling sorry for yourself and ring her!'

'Maybe it's best...'

'I'll tell you what's best young man. It's best if you swallowed your pride and went to see my daughter. Best for you, best for Rebecca and best for me!'

She searched through her handbag and pulled out her phone.

I heard the voice on the other end answer and say, 'Mummy, where are you?'

'Hello darling I have someone who wants to talk to you.' then she thrust her phone at me.

'Hi Beccs,' I managed to say.

'Oh Rob, I'm sorry I should never have put you...'

'Yes!'

'What?'

'Yes. I'll marry you. I've wanted to marry you from the day I first met you. It seems I can't stop being a jerk when I'm around you but if you can put up with that then I'm sure we can be happy together.'

I could hear her quietly sobbing.

'Oh Rob, you are a jerk but you're my jerk. Bring Mummy home will you?'

Barbara and I took her limo back to Hampstead and when I walked in Becca ran and threw her arms around me.

'Where are your bags?'

'What?' I asked.

I'm not letting you out of my sight from now on. You can rent out your apartment and move in with us. Can't he Mummy.'

'Yes Rob, you can. I would like that too.'

I moved in the following weekend and rented out the apartment to a young professional couple at a reduced rate.

Barbara had the top floor of the house converted into living accommodation for Becca and I. It was twice the size of my old apartment.

One night in bed after we had made love and we were lying in each others arms Becca said, 'You do realise that when you marry me you also marry my mother?'

I must have looked puzzled.

'She misses my Dad and she has needs too. She doesn't want to have to start dating again so you as the man of the house will have to provide for both of us.'

I was stunned.

'You mean me and your mother,,,,you want us to...'

'Well it's not like you haven't before.'

She smiled and cuddled up to me noticing my cock was hard again.

'Pervert,' was all she said before she broke down in a fit of giggles.