The New Puppy

Story Info
Joy was not all he brought them.
759 words
3.89
19.8k
29
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
012Say
012Say
656 Followers

My name is Jim Williams. I have been married to Susie for 23 years; I am 46, she is 44. We have two children, Mark, who arrived 7 months after we were married and Robin who was born 14 months after her brother.

We decided we were too fertile to chance more additions and I had a vasectomy after Robin's birth.

I am a professor of American History at our State University. Susie is a commercial artist. She does corporate logos, and ad concepts -- and does quite well. She has always been able to work from her home studio.

As might be expected, our children, who could attend university where their father taught -- at reduced tuition -- chose instead to go out of state. We could easily afford the tuition, so this past September, our younger was the second to leave for college.

Life was great!

I am in the process of writing my third textbook. This one covers the period from Plymouth Rock, 1620, to the Boston Tea Party, 1773. Susie has just taken on a new client; some new line of women's cosmetics. Susie is designing their product labels, letterhead, and an initial on-line ad. It is a huge project for her.

It's Tuesday. I don't know why but I always look forward to Tuesdays. I have three classes; I arrive on campus a little before 8:00 am and get home about 6:30.

I walked in the house right on time. I am met by my in-laws and wife. Tonight is game night. Susie and her parents love board games, we play something every week -- always on Tuesdays. Tonight is Pandemic, I have never played it before -- but I enjoy both the learning and bonding with my in-laws.

Ben, Susie's father, and I are going through the rules of the game while Susie and Mona, her mother, are getting dinner together. I hear them talking. "Mom, what did you do when I left home? I am really busy right now, but the house seems so empty and quiet."

"You remember Fifi." Mona replied.

"Oh, right, your poodle. She was your companion, then?"

"Yes, she was. We got a toy, and I think she was too small. If you get a dog, get one a little larger. Small dogs are too nervous."

A puppy was the topic of conversation during our evening's game. We did better at the dog discussion than we did at the new game. By evening's end we decided Susie would go to the pound and get a young dog who needed a home.

That's how Buster came into our lives. He was mostly a terrier, from the looks of him and about 3 months old. If Susie was looking for something to fill in the boring spots of her day -- Buster was certainly that.

Between my new book, Susie's new client, and Buster, life changed. It was not an earth-shattering change, but our sex life tapered off, meals started coming out of take-out containers, and walking around the house was a disaster. It looked like we never put anything away. Buster likes exploring. He is proud of what he finds and anxious to share.

Cute to watch, as long as it wasn't shoes. Teething dogs and shoes are not a combination which is beneficial to shoe owners -- shoemakers, maybe.

It was the first Tuesday since we got Buster. Mona and Ben didn't bring a game -- they decided Buster would be our entertainment. As though he knew the spotlight was on him, he was a holy terror.

"Suz, what on earth has gotten into Buster today?"

"He is pouting. I had to go out and left him alone, in the garage for most of the afternoon. He has been acting up since."

We all laughed. Buster was busy, accumulating quite a pile in the middle of the living room. Susie shook her head and picked up the TV remote and some coasters, which belonged in the office. She was shaking her head as she took them back.

While she was in the office, Buster appeared, dragging Susie's purse. He got his head in and started pulling things out. Mona grabbed him and wrestled what Buster had in his mouth away from him.

Susie came back, her mother held out her hand, palm up. "Look at what Buster pulled out of your purse."

She was holding a string of condom packets; two had been used. Shaking her head, "Looks like Buster is not the only one acting up."

012Say
012Say
656 Followers