All Comments on 'The New Puppy'

by 012Say

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Great last line! Maybe she should have gotten an older dog.

5

PraetusPraetus3 months ago

Feels like a solid intro. Leaves us hanging onto what happens next, the why etc. amusing but I would like more as it is such a fun setup.

ScaliaScalia3 months ago

I love it. Short, sweet, and the last line is a killer.

AardieAardie3 months ago

Nice setup for a LW story.

jazzharpjazzharp3 months ago

Good for as far as it went. I missed where Jim and Susie were having problems in their marriage; you just dropped that on us like Buster not being house broken.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey3 months ago

Ahh…the ubiquitous Buster… with nods to DTI and RG. Susie’s got some ‘splainin’ to do. That would be a conversation to listen in on. Fun tale of revelation. I enjoyed it. Thanks.

ker63469ker634693 months ago

Continue this please

Lifestyle66Lifestyle663 months ago

This is more like an intro to a story, and not a complete scene or complete story with an ending of any kind. But still, it was good.

miket0422miket04223 months ago

The story was just starting at the point the author ended it. Too bad. Looked like it had potential.

demanderdemander3 months ago

She has to keep the dog. D

GamblnluckGamblnluck3 months ago

This was one story that did NOT fit in the 750 word category. it just began when it ended.

BehindbluisBehindbluis3 months ago

Yes, I know this was a 750. Yes I know some stories are actually better when they stop early. I just wished you would have taken this one quite a bit further. You have a good talent as far as I'm concerned and I would have like to follow this one to more of a conclusion. That being said, I am always appreciative of y'all that share your talent to entertain us. Thank you so much.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

Agree with others - 3.8*

FaceForRadioFaceForRadio3 months ago

Is it kosher to write a SECOND 750 word story to finish the first? I loved it, but would sure like more!

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

Good start. It was just getting interesting.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

OK, this was a new take on the discovery of infidelity. She got busted by Buster in front of her husband and her parents. That's rich!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

Story has some nice potential

So when is the ending coming?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Less than 1/2 of a story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This leaves a lot to be explained? How do we know who had needed the condoms if Susie worked at home? Were they another secret that the mother had told her about getting a dog or had they belonged to her children? A verty confusing story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

There is so much more to this one.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

mmmm wonder who is the real dog here?

GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Great story, haha Buster was pissed off at Susie……

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is an adequate prologue to a story.

xMulexMule3 months ago

4*

Busted by Buster.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

WAAAY too short! Ended just when it got interesting. Next time, leave out all the introductory stuff, start with getting the puppy, then show what happens next after the condoms.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Boom boom!

JR

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just didn’t work. The surprise at the end was just lame.

.

2 **

CelestialFalconCelestialFalcon3 months ago

Probably fits in the 750 word category, though you didn’t specify it as such. And for such a short story, there were too many paragraphs that added nothing to the plot line. There’s no emotion or angst. All in all, the story seemed to have only one purpose - to deliver the lame punchline to an implied joke.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

End of this story was more like a hook for another chapter.

lujon2019lujon20193 months ago

less than half a story gets less than half a score

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aa3 months ago

Nice for a 750 "teaser" story. This could have been and SHOULD have been a longer tale of interest. Left us wondering what happened on game night. Buster busted Susie so FTDS.... Only 3 stars for an incomplete story.

MattblackUKMattblackUK3 months ago

Short and to the point. Busted by Buster.

Pinto931Pinto9313 months ago

More like an intro than an actual story.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker603 months ago

Very cute way to out a cheater. Good dog!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19693 months ago

I agree with CrazyDave, cute.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nice! Now BTB!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Would a mum really call out her daughter in front of her husband?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@Mrhappy4aa is correct. You set up a scene and sprung the surprise well, but didn't tell a story. As another author might say, "Where's Buster Now?" -> 3*.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I disagree with others. This ‘story’ could have been a good one if the writer hadn’t spent 700 words on background and the setup! 2*

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine3 months ago

“Look what I found, daddy”. Cute story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I can imagine the ending, but wouiild like more of this story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A great start. I'd love to see you continue it.

mndhanson017mndhanson0173 months ago

Way too short to even be considered a story, I'll call this imcomplete

inka2222inka22223 months ago

I generally like 750s and give them a LOT of slack. So, i'll give this 3.5 stars instead of deserved 2 for basically zero downside to the cheater and zero HEA for MC.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Buy that dog a bone!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

OK - where do you go from here?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Meh. Not bad fot a 750, but basically Average. Three stars.

Okay. Four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

and?

maninconnmaninconn3 months ago

Ooo…I challenge you to write more in a 750 word second chapter!

Hah!

skruff101skruff1013 months ago

I think it must be written in the Literotica rules that all dogs must be named Buster.

OOAAOOAA3 months ago

Needed a longer second chapter... hahahahahaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Too much background, not enough of the real story, wordy, inadequate ending.

LucasredLucasred24 days ago

A good Beginning of story.

16GaDouble16GaDouble24 days ago

Ooooo, this should be labeled Chapter One, and should be continued.

A good beginning to the story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user012Say@012Say
I find the LW stories fascinating. So many talented authors finding different stories in a very narrow set of circumstances. The stories which I prefer (to write) are not as black and white as some. I think living well is the best revenge. I keep looking for stories which appr...