All Comments on 'The Oathkeepers Ch. 12'

by SkuldTheNorn

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved this story, beginning to end. Thank you so much, I can’t wait to re-read it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You did an amazing job on this whole story and esp the ending. Every lose thread tied up perfectly with a wonderful ending and now i don't have to hold a grudge like i do with other authors who kill off main characters I've come to love just so they can squeeze out some ill-gotten feely ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was so good! I was hooked since chapter 1 and this ending was so perfect. Thank you so much!

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 2 years ago

I'm glad we have an ending but it feels rushed. All that build up and the entire confrontation, resolution, setup for new stories and epilogue all happened in the same chapter. A little disappointing.

I was hoping for Aegis to show his strength, cunning and advanced intelligence, not to have to be rescued. At least for him to have a plan b or to show some fight instead of resignation and despair. I was also hoping for something more revolutionary with the colors. Like by using the treatment, gildeds could be created. or when they bred in love, gilded could occur. What's the point of having the baby be another last gilded? And we didn't get to see Zoe and Aegis' private reunion or dedication to each other... just the birth. We lost the relationship that carried us through the series. Again, a little disappointing.

It's a good story and the ending is fine, just not what I thought the story was leading up to and not totally in sync with the feeling of the rest of the story. You see this happen a lot on this site- authors start writing with passion and then they agonize over the details, trying to end with precision... and it doesn't read as well. I can't help but think that the resolution would have been better if you had just trusted the characters and knocked it out by instinct, rather than waiting all this time and trying to make it perfect.

Though the ending didn't thrill me like the beginning, it was still a good story and I'll probably read the next story if it comes out on here. Thanks for writing.

U4ia99U4ia99over 2 years ago

Love, love, love! Thanks for finishing. I hope you write more stories in this world.

UrbanDryadUrbanDryadover 2 years ago

As you said in your opening, endings are hard. I think you brought this one home beautifully.

I loved that Zoe was part of the final battle. They are a team, and the ending fight perfectly captured that.

I have to disagree on it feeling rushed. This was perfect. It fit the world and it fit the society of the Oathkeepers. That was who Aegis was. That was his strength, but it was also going to be his downfall. He was going to lose just like Paragon did. Zoe was the key difference. Zoe and her baby. They are the fix for the problems in the Oathkeeper society, and if Aegis had won on his own I think it would not have really cemented that need to grow and become more flexible as they interwove humans into their world.

I think the pace of the ending and the wrap of the epilogue was excellent. They lived happily ever after.

I loved it.

Thank you on behalf of all the countless readers you've reached with your work so selflessly. It's so amazingly generous of you to share this labor of love. Writing this much and this well is a huge task. It was an utter joy to read. And I hope that we can look forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love this universe and your writing. Good ending! Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

amazing good story, hoping for a followup when the time is for it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done. Thank you. One, amongst your avid readers [URban Dryad, said it best] your determination made us all proud and content to follow your imagination to this sweet end.

-s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it thank you!!

PBO1999PBO1999over 1 year ago

I was hooked from the first Chapter and had to binge-read the whole series as I couldn't stop. Exactly what another eloquent reader commented, UrbanDryad, I have to agree. You are so very talented, and this story should be sent to publishing houses or Amazon Kindle. Just enough spice, plot, and heart for new readers to enjoy. Thank you for the ride.

Fibroidkey794Fibroidkey7948 months ago

Thank you for an amazing story! Binged it all in one sitting, writing and story was exquisite.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very nice story but a few critiques. When Zoe and Iona reunited with the Oathkeepers, it seemed super cringe and not quite right when Zoe talked to Scout (“dont scare her Scout”) in a casual manner. She didn’t have such brazenness before and was mainly with Paragon and Aegis. She didn’t rise to any status, was barely there for a month or two and didn’t speak to anyone else really so it’s weird for this to happen. Then she promptly forgot about her friend and became a sex-crazed thing when previously she was still smart and thoughtful. At least at the start one would think she would be more conscious of Iona’s anxiety as she met these aliens. A separate story for Iona would be worthy a consideration! Zoe and Aegis’ bond grew insufferable after they reunited. The kiss in front of the crew and Iona was very cringe, as was the way she and Aegis was together, even when Aegis was discussing plans with his team. Aegis is an Onyx, made for war, yet in these last chapters, that really didn’t shine through so it broke the story for me and i found i wanted to quickly finish it, except the parts with Iona was good. Her character was still believable and not insufferable

Mizdrgn28Mizdrgn28about 2 months ago

Loved this, and would enjoy more stories from these worlds and races! 😊

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSkuldTheNorn@SkuldTheNorn
My completed story Joining the Pack was my first foray into erotica and the werewolf genre. Next is the SciFi, more reluctance focused story: The Oathkeepers, about Zoe, a human captured by a race of aliens. I also have a story for the 2021 Halloween Contest: Of Witches and...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES