All Comments on 'The Older Brother Pt. 01'

by Carl_Bradford

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great plot, and easy to read. Can’t wait for the next couple chapters. Please keep the story going..

mul717ud35mul717ud35about 2 years ago

Another cracking story. Some great twists and turns too.

jackie_emjackie_emabout 2 years ago

Interesting concept, but how could he possibly figure his parents would not find out? Why would he not think the shit would really hit the fan when they did? If he had that much animosity, how would his sister not know, and why would she then trust him? Since it was pretty much a rite of passage, why would she not tell her parents?

Qwer12Qwer12about 2 years ago
Fun Read

Great enjoyable read. Love it. Looking forward to more. Great job. Cheers.

Joe_Doe_StoriesJoe_Doe_Storiesabout 2 years ago

Alas, this is far too common occurrence, as the Jan's of the world use their sibling's grading to solve their "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!" problem. The more common (and legal) avenue is an Any Chance? auction, where the aggrieved party solves their problems forever by simply doing nothing, and letting the sale go through. The popular consensus is that, absent of the sort of fraud Billy engaged in, when a young woman is auctioned there's not a lot to be done, aside from using her tale (tail?) as an object lesson for others. Be very, very careful about who you choose to take to your grading, and avoid:

1) Anyone under any sort of financial pressure

2) Anyone jealous of your success

3) Anyone who's simply greedy

4) Anyone with a sadistic streak, or a mischievous sense of humor

5) Recently acquired "friends" or distant relatives

6) Anyone who might stand to inherit property if you were gone, such as a trusted Aunt or Uncle

7) Anyone in the slaving business, or anyone who shows a lack of empathy for slaves in general

8) Anyone who has, or has ever had, a crush on you

9) Narcissists good at rationalizing their behavior

10) A loving parent who might be willing to sacrifice one child to fund the college tuition of the others

It's rather a long list, so choose your protector wisely. It's very common for women to attempt to increase their grade through an upsell to an Any Chance? Auction, so know when you put the collar on that possibility is very much on the table.

Good luck, ladies, and sweet dreams!

MrSmith27MrSmith27about 2 years ago

Another excellent story. I confess, I was hoping she would get her prime brand. It would have been really amusing if Jessie had halted the process after the Longhorn badge was burned into her buttock but before the 'P" denoting her prime status was added. It would have created some additional drama. Does she get the "P" added or does she go through life with everyone thinking she was just choice? Imagine the family discussion on that one. Now Maria would have to ask for the 'P" badging.

Joe Doe has now provided sage advice below to many a young woman planning on getting slave graded.

NnnelsonNnnelsonabout 2 years ago

Another great story! I do have a question. How was the sale invalidated? I thought all sales were final unless all three parties to the sale (seller, slave market and buyer) were knowingly perpetuating a fraud. Here the Longhorn might have been negligent and the buyer has clean hands. Maria was legally slave pussy as soon as the gavel came down affirming the sale. And her butt should have been branded driving home her changed status. It would also be a momento for how close she was to life wearing a collar.

Carl_BradfordCarl_Bradfordabout 2 years agoAuthor
Invalidation

In response to Nnnelson's question, I avoided the entire court process which would have been humiliating and uncertain for the young woman. Instead, her Dad bought her through his agent, so he could take her to the Agriculture Department and register her early manumission.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

another great story from Carl. it's kind of hard to believe how some commenters get all weird about a piece of fiction??

thomas_deanthomas_deanalmost 2 years ago

A Morality Story In Dystopia

Tables turned on Billy who would have sold his sister Maria into slavery. I remember hearing long ago that contrary to popular belief most of the cases in court are not the gruesome crimes you read about (then) in the newspapers or on TV but disputes between former friends and relatives. Jealousy over his sister's favored position in the family seems to have been Billy's motivation although the nicer story is that Billy needed the money to support a wife his family did not know about and child.

Jealousy is powerful motivation going all the way back to the Bible an the coat of many colors and as recent as Godfather II where Fredo sets up his brother Anthony with Richard II's soliloquy in between..

The alternative motivation given here need or greed is equally powerful. Indeed, greed and jealousy in the Biblical story go hand in hand. Carl put those two themes together masterfully. Well done!

ZZchromosomeZZchromosomealmost 2 years ago

Carl, this is a rocking tale, as always. I'm agreeing with Nnnelson below... she should have been branded first. On the other hand, and this is what I like so much about the legal slavery universe, it's LEGAL. Therefore, the norms of the laws and due legal process need to be followed. Thank goodness they caught this in time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another great Carl story. It is to bad that that Carl didn't let he be branded, the story real did call for it..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous