The Only Exception Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I could almost laugh. My parents had looked so concerned when they sat me down at the table, as if they had the worst news to share. Even now, my mother looked like she might collapse into a fit of uncontrollable sobs at any given moment, Gabe looked irritated but worried and even my father looked grim. To me, this was old news. I already knew there weren't any good options available to me, at least within my own kind. I'd already quit looking, so what was I losing exactly? Did they not remember that? It was the reason I finally gave into the temptation of being with Adam in the first place! Although, I suppose for my parents, it was the first time they were coming to terms with what I'd long ago understood: I would never be desirable to my own kind. I was a disgrace.

I looked right through them, though my mother kept up her incessant stream of pitying words, uncaring and relieved. I was finally free from the expectation of courting anyone else. It was what I wanted only... I glanced at Gabe again and he caught my eye. I knew that look. He would force me to talk when my parents were done with me and I was terrified of that conversation. I felt my throat close up on me momentarily, wondering if he'd followed my scent to the diner. Why else would he have been there? Gabe never visited human run businesses. He didn't even like that I worked at the grocery store. How much did he know?

"You'll always have a home with us," my father inserted gruffly, shaking me out of my stupor.

"No. I want to move out," I suddenly said, surprising myself with the words as well as my family. "I'm an adult and no one is going to take me off your hands. I'll never have the freedom of a life of my own if I live here forever like some little kid. Lili is about to be mated off and then it's just me. I'm the last one here and I'm older than her! I want to move out too."

"Benny," my mother started sounding horrified, "There's nothing you could do on your own that you can't do under our roof! You don't need to isolate yourself. Besides, you're just an omega sweetheart. What if someone breaks into your home? You'll have no one to protect you!"

I held myself back from rolling my eyes, "Momma you know Lotus Pack is safe from anything like that. There hasn't been a break in since before Queen Emma."

"Benny this isn't normal-" she started.

"I'm not normal!" I countered. "I fucked up my life a long time ago. Can't I have anything I want? There's nothing to worry ab-"

"Omega's do not live alone! End of discussion," my mother ordered before getting up from the table in a huff.

My father looked at me for a moment and then said, "No more curfew of any kind. Just let us know if you'll be home or not before we go to bed so your mother doesn't worry. I know you want more freedom Benjamin. You're old enough to have earned it but don't move out," he ordered as well, doubling down on my mother's pleas so that I really couldn't move, even though I wanted to. "We can talk about alternatives later, once I've calmed your mother down," he added more gently. With that he left, leaving me stunned over what had just transpired. I was out all night and I was rewarded, sort of. If only they knew how I intended to spend my time away. Then they'd probably lock me inside my room until I died. I nervously glanced up at Gabe, wondering if he was about to ruin everything.

"Let's go for a run," he suddenly suggested before leaving the room for me to shift in private.

I was all too familiar with that tone. I knew better than to ignore my brother but shifting proved to be a slight challenge. I was still wearing the cock cage my Master had given me and my wolf size was slightly bigger than my human size, making the cage a tad bit uncomfortable. Thankfully, the cage itself was small enough to be burried in my fur so I wouldn't have to worry about Gabe seeing it until I shifted back. Once I was certain nobody would see the cage, I grabbed my clothes and padded outside to meet my brothers gray wolf.

*******

We ran for a while, further than we had in ages. Running should have felt good but it didn't. I knew when Gabe stopped I'd be on the receiving end of his judgment and, most likely, his disgust. I was terrified of the coming conversation and it sucked away any joy the freedom of running could bring. I lost track of how many miles we ran, only aware of the mounting dread that built in my chest. I knew Gabe wouldn't use what he knew to ruin my life intentionally but I was positive that his version of protection was about to make me miserable. Eventually we stopped at the small grassy clearing that he'd taken me to when I was younger, after the incident. Back then I spilled every detail easily, trusting my big brother with everything. Even following his advice years later to tell Drew when him and I became serious. Now we were back again and I was sure he expected me to react with the same childish openness as before but nothing could have prepared me for what happened next.

Gabe shifted without warning, causing me to jump back in surprise. Then he began to pace in front of me, with an angry look on his face, while his harsh scent filled the open air causing my nose to burn. He was furious with me but it felt like more than that. Did he hate me? "Benjamin Everett Kent, what the fuck have you been thinking? Are you stupid?!" He furiously yelled, causing my ears to fall flat against my skull as I whimpered and backed away a few steps. "You know, at first I thought that there was no possible way this could be true. I mean, what business does my baby brother have in bending over for another human after EVERYTHING," he emphasized, causing me to shrink away and hunker down, wrapping my tale around me like a shield. "But then last night happened and you still came home stinking like a fucking human!" He continued viciously. "You're drawn to them! You've always been drawn to humans, haven't you? I thought you'd grow out of it eventually but it's fucking magnetic or something." I peaked my head up at that but quickly dropped it back down when he continued with, "No! That makes it sound too romantic. It's disgusting and parasitic, that's what it is. I hate knowing that you'll readily degrade yourself for them! And then to hear Logan say some shit about you begging for your Master like a weak little slave? Does he know you're a humans plaything? Because now everyone knows how you've been played with! Or can at least guess the nasty details. Even mom and dad! Haven't you been careful at all? Are you that brainless? What the fuck Ben?!"

I began to cry but I don't know if Gabe even noticed or not. He was far too lost in his anger towards me to actually look at me. My brother was finally admitting that there was something wrong with me. It hurt more than I expected for him, of all people, to say it out loud. I wished he would stop yelling, for he was making me feel very worthless and idiotic but maybe he was right? When he laid everything out like that.. I sounded insane. Didn't I? I deserved this.

"What the hell have you gotten yourself into?" Gabe continued to rant. "I thought you were smarter than this but it's like ever since the rogue situation you've been completely careless! And what's with that human of yours anyways? It's like you've got him completely wrapped around your little finger or maybe he has you? I-I'm not sure I understand who's in charge there. Either way, he's all wrong for you. No wonder you've completely given up when you found someone to share your bed for now! Do you know how much of a whore that makes you look like to an alpha? Not that it matters since, thanks to last night, you can never have anyone better than that disgusting human ever again! I tried you know? I tried so hard to find someone worthy of you because you deserved better! You deserved a fucking king but you settled and I don't get it! I feel so stupid for trying to help you when the whole time you didn't even care because you were slutting it up with some sadist at a bdsm club! Damn it Ben! I didn't even know you were into that shit until yesterday! Who the fuck even are you right now because you don't seem like my sweet baby brother at all!" He finally screamed, panting in anger from his long rant.

I'd long ago curled in on myself and was whimpering quietly during the entirety of his speech. I felt so distraught that I couldn't even find the strength to shift back into my human form. My brother was disappointed in me, he somehow found out the truth about me and he was disgusted with me. He called me names. My brother never called me names, not even to tease, but now it was okay for him to call me a slut and a whore?

He was disowning me. That had to be it. He didn't want me to be his brother anymore. He'd tell our parents and make everyone abandon me. I would forever be a source of shame for my parents. My sisters would no longer be proud of me. My other brother might not even acknowledge me and my favorite brother didn't love me anymore. I was too fucked up to love. Every fear I had was coming true. I couldn't stop the shivering that seemed to have overtaken me.

Then Gabe stepped closer with a raised hand. Fuck. He was going to attack me and he was so much bigger. He took on Logan like it was nothing. He would rip me to shreds. It would hurt. I couldn't fight him off so I'd have to take it. Would he even allow me in the hospital to recover afterwards? Probably not right? He'd leave me to the humans who had no idea about my biology. He'd let them screw me up even more. I knew I deserved this but my heart was breaking anyways. I scrunched my eyes shut and cried out in distress; pissing myself out of fear because I was so convinced that my own flesh and blood was about to beat me. I understood that I didn't matter anymore.

"Benny?" Gabe asked in a shocked tone when he registered just how afraid I was of him. He dropped down to his knees and began to pet my back, being gentler than normal. "Shhh, it's okay Benny. I would never hit you. You know that, deep down, don't you honey?"

I whined pathetically and tried to move away from his hands.

"Aww, come on Ben. I've never done it before and I won't do it now," he murmured while letting out a light lavender scent to calm my anxiety. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. You didn't deserve it. Maybe I overreacted? I should know better, huh? I should have taken the time to calm down, I know that and I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Please don't be afraid of me."

I turned my head away from him while trembling with the fear that if I made one wrong move his mood would change again and this time he really would hurt me. I had no idea what kind of scent I was putting into the air but it made my brother suddenly hug me close.

"Please Benny, it's okay. We're okay. I'm done, I won't yell again. I won't hurt you. I would never hurt you. I'm sorry."

I whined as I tried to pull out of the hug but Gabe only tightened his hold on me.

"I really am sorry. I shouldn't have said those things. Come on Benny. Just relax. You're okay. Nothing bad is going to happen to you. I promise," he continued as he returned to petting my back and head, trying in vain to reassure me that he wasn't dangerous.

It took me ages to calm down. My wolf was frantic for my human but at the same time I felt immense guilt over the fact that I wanted him, in spite of everything my brother had just confronted me with. I didn't know what to do. I felt weak, helpless and frightened, no matter what promises Gabe made. I couldn't believe a word of it, not after how angry he'd gotten before. My brother didn't get angry like that often and never at me. I hated it and I was terrified that it would happen again, any second now.

However, he remained patient and gentle with me. He didn't even get irritated when I couldn't calm down right away. A few hours later, I was able to shift but I made sure to do so with my back turned and I hurriedly dressed in hopes of feeling less exposed. I scrubbed my face clean of tears with the back of my hand and then I turned to face my brother but I couldn't even look at him. Instead, I bared my neck in shame, waiting for more of his fury but this time it didn't come. Instead I was wrapped up in a warm hug that didn't end until my body began to finally relax.

"Am I disgusting to you?" I timidly asked feeling beyond distressed due to his angry speech.

"No!" Gabe replied looking shocked by my question. "Is that really something you're afraid of?"

"You said I smelled terrible before," I answered, unable to keep the hurt out of my voice. "It's a logical question. And you.. you said my attraction to humans is parasitic. What else should I think?"

Gabe sighed and shook his head, "Well, I more meant their attraction to you is parasitic but don't listen to me. I was being an asshole. I just don't understand any of this. Help me to, okay? I won't yell at you anymore. Honestly, a lot of what I said was uncalled for and I really am sorry but Ben your behavior is scaring me. I don't know if I should tell our parents or if you even know what you're doing. Do you know what you're risking? How special can one human from a sex dungeon really be? I mean, how well do you even know this guy?"

I licked my lips, trying to fight the sudden dryness in my mouth, "I've known him for four years but we only just started... dating," I slowly admitted.

"Four years? You mean this started-"

"After Drew," I confirmed with a sad nod.

"Well fuck," Gabe groaned.

"It's not as bad as you think. Adam is really nice to me. He's not like the guys at that school. He respects me, you know? We're friends."

Gabe rolled his eyes, "Yeah I'm sure he has a real friendly way of sticking his-"

"Stop it!" I interjected as I blushed hotly. "We really are friends. He's never bullied me, not even once. He doesn't use me. I swear it! If anything I.. I use him and yet he looks out for me. He protects me from myself and he would protect me from anyone else. He takes care of me. He makes me feel important. He wants to know me, he wants more than something physical and he's so kind to me Gabe. More so than I even deserve, to the point that it annoys me actually. It's like he understands me or that he was made for me. I go to him and I end up feeling better. Adam wouldn't actually hurt me and anyways, everything we do is always on my terms," I explained, hoping to talk my brother into seeing the good in my relationship with the human.

"But if you call him-"

"Everything, is on my terms," I reiterated as my body betrayed me with another blush that made my cheeks burn.

"Okay, so he's a nice guy. I figured as much after my run in with him but that doesn't mean he's the right guy. He's not worth you getting banished. If you want a secret play partner, I'm sure there's other packs that have places for that. Then you could be.. uh.. fulfilled without the-"

"Wait, you met him?" I asked feeling completely blindsided. "When did you meet him? He.. he never said," I continued, realizing that I felt more hurt over the fact that Adam hadn't told me than I did angry with my brother for keeping their meeting a secret.

"Shit," Gabe muttered. "Might as well come clean. So, the other day I saw you get out of a strangers vehicle and I could smell that he was human and.. I saw that make out session you had with him so I felt like I needed to investigate," he defended sheepishly. "I was worried he was taking advantage of you. I told him to leave you alone but he was very insistent that the choice of that would be up to you. He was pretty intense."

"You think he likes me?" I asked longingly. My wolf and I were overjoyed by the idea that my brother could not intimidate our human but of course Gabe didn't see it like that. He didn't respect Adam like he would if an alpha did that to him.

"Really? That's what you're worried about right now?" Gabe growled in frustration. "You could literally get yourself banished from the pack and you're worried if some guy likes you? What is wrong with you?" He asked again but this time in a much softer tone, though it did not keep the words from cutting me any less.

"I don't know okay?! You act as if I don't ask myself that every fucking day! I'm broken. I broke a long time ago but nobody wants to accept that! And now... now I have a tiny bit of happiness for myself. I know it's not the same as having a mate but it's pretty damn close. I feel like I can trust him. I can be myself around him. I feel safe around him. I feel cared about. I.. fuck Gabe.. I'm in love with him. I think I have been for a while but I could never accept it as love or even a crush because I know the rules. I know he's human. I know I'm not supposed to be with him but I can't help myself. I tried to stay away and he tried to let me go but I forced him to take me back. I couldn't handle giving him up. He's too perfect for me. I.. I need him like I need air to breath! I know you think I don't know the risks but I do! To me he's worth the risk of loosing everything.

It's not fair anyways. If he were one of us, I'd be convinced that he was my mate or even just the right partner for me but I know it's more complicated than that for everyone else. Just please, don't take him away from me. I know I'm doing everything wrong! I know it! I've been racked with guilt this entire time but I can't stay away from him. If I could, I'd spend every moment I had with him. I-I'd be-being with Adam is the only time I can find peace," I finally finished. Only just stopping myself from admitting my delusional desires to be Adam's perfect little wife, for even I hadn't realized how deeply I'd fallen for the man.

"You're way to attached to him," Gabe replied, causing me to shrink in on myself once more.

"I know," I replied with my head hung low, ashamed of myself.

Gabe buried his face in his hands, looking more frustrated than I'd ever seen him look before. "Ugh! Fuck! I hate this! But," he looked up at me and made eye contact. "I can't bring myself to stop you. You got a raw deal in life and if this guy is treating you right and you feel that strongly about him.. I guess I have to help you keep your secret, don't I? I can't lose my baby brother and I don't want you to be miserable for the rest of your life. I really don't. I still think you're crazy though. You do know this secret relationship you have with the human won't last forever, don't you? One of you will get bored or found out but.. you've made your choice and I'll help pick up the pieces when this all falls apart. I won't abandon you. Not now, not ever. Just try to be more careful, okay? I caught you so easily last time. You were behaving recklessly for someone that's breaking such an important law."

While I wasn't a fan of my brothers pessimism, I was both relieved and amazed that he was actually willing to help me. I could have never predicted such a response, especially after how everything started and that filled me with a bit of courage. I decided to push my luck a little more, since we were already talking about it. "I understand and I'm glad you'll help me. I really appreciate that but.. there's something that I.. well... I was wondering.. um.. y-you know how my heat is coming up-"

"Ben," Gabe started with an alarmed look on his face.

"Please! Please, please please! Help me with this. I've never spent my heats with anyone. We don't know how many more I'll have left. Please just let me-"

"That is so dangerous! What if he gets you pregnant? You will loose that pup. Guaranteed. Then how will you live with yourself? You don't need that kind of pain."

"I doubt that will happen. It took several heats before the first human was even able to impregnate an omega," I reminded him, referring to the experiments of the past.

"And what about the fact that you're likely to be craving a mating bite the entire time? That will be agony for you."