The Only Exception Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"My heats are always agony for me! It's nightmare fuel if I'm being honest. I want to change that! Please try to understand. I know it's not the same but imagine going into a rut, or whatever betas experience, knowing that nobody wants to touch you and being told that nobody ever will when that's exactly what your body needs. Imagine going through that for years, knowing you'll never find relief because no matter how good you are, nobody can see past what happened to you. Nobody wants to understand. Imagine the torture of going through that several times a year. Then imagine you finally meet one person that does want to touch you and that person can make you feel incredible, without even being in an altered state of mind. Can't you see how tempting it would be to want to experience that during your time of need? For the first time ever?"

"Ben.. it's a really bad idea," Gabe persisted but I could tell that he was seeing my side on this issue.

"That's easy for you to say," I pushed. "You have a mate. As you've already said, I will never have a mate now. I'll never know what it's like to be properly claimed, I'll never be mentally connected to my mate, I'll never know what it's like to have children, I'll never know what it's like to have my own family. And I'll never know what it's like to be touched intimately during my heat, if I don't take this chance because even if an alpha wanted me, I wouldn't want them. I just want him. Please Gabe. I'm already loosing so much. I don't want to die never knowing what it feels like and you're the only one that could help make it possible. Please Gabe. Please," I begged.

"Fuck!! Fuck, fuck, fuck! You are killing me here," he growled as his fist clenched.

I looked up at him with wide, pleading eyes but said nothing further, knowing I was about to win.

"Alright fine!" He said after about ten seconds of silence. "I'll help but I'm giving you something to prevent pregnancy and you better take it. Got that?"

I nodded rapidly and tried to speak but he held up his hand for me to wait so I quickly shut up.

"We need to plan this carefully. You have to get a hotel somewhere, in a town that only has humans, and rent a room on the ground floor, far from the front desk, for two weeks at least. I'll help you get the room ready so that no one will hear you. You need to make sure to bring everything you'll need to sustain you. I will drive you there and pick you up afterwards. Adam can meet you there. If something unexpected happens, Adam can call me and I will come help you. Everyone will think you're at the hospital like normal and I will lock your room their, so that nobody can walk in on you, like usual. No one will suspect anything, I'll make sure of it. But Ben, you need to make sure this Adam knows that he cannot bite you during your heat. This is important! I have no idea what will happen if he does. You have to get better at protecting yourself, okay?" He asked looking resigned.

"I accept! I'll do anything, everything!" I replied feeling overjoyed by the new possibilities in front of me.

"Have you told your.. human about the incident?" He suddenly asked taking me by surprise.

"No," I answered shyly as my wolf softly growled. "I don't want him to know. After what Drew said and then Logan.. I can't stand the thought of telling him something that could cause him to reject me."

"Well, he's a human. Maybe it won't matter as much to him," my big brother replied in an attempt to be more encouraging but his statement only made me sad. "I still think you need to tell him before your heat though. You have no idea what state of mind you'll be in, especially in the presence of another human. I don't care how much you think he cares about you, when you're in heat you might not recognize him as the man you love. He might seem monstrous to you," Gabe explained gently. "If this experience is really that important to you, then you need to do everything in your power to make it go as smoothly as possible."

My body sagged in defeat. My brother was right. I had no idea how I'd respond to Adam actually being with me. It had only ever been a fantasy in my mind and there, everything went perfectly. But no, this was reality and he would need to be able to calm me if I reacted badly.

Gabe draped his arm across my shoulders, "Hey, I'm glad we talked about this. I knew something was going on with you. I've been so worried and while I might not like what I've learned, I understand. Just be more careful. Okay?"

I nodded in agreement. "Do you think that I'm.. less of an omega?" I barely whispered, speaking my final fear into existence.

"What do you mean?"

"I submitted to those humans all those years ago-" I started only for Gabe to interrupt.

"In a way but that was-"

"And now I'm doing it again."

"Yes but this-"

"And I've been told that real omega's don't ever submit to humans," I finished meekly as a tear rolled down my cheek.

Gabe shook his head in disgust. "That's a bunch of bullshit Benny. How you respond to humans does not change how you were born. You've been a real omega for your entire life. Please don't let the stupid words of an unworthy alpha convince you of otherwise. No one can take who you are away from you."

Gabe hugged me once more and I finally let myself rest in my brothers embrace, feeling the exhaustion from my entire day settle upon me. I desperately wanted to see my Master but I couldn't bring myself to disturb his job for the second night in a row. So instead I leaned into my brothers comfort, allowing the distance between us to heal. Now that it was all said and done I was glad Gabe knew. It gave me hope that the rest of my family might one day accept me, even if I did manage to get myself banished. However, the best thing to come out of our conversation was my own clarity. Spending my heat with Adam was serious and I was ready to to make that kind of commitment. I'd finally made a decision. I was ready to lose everything; even though I hoped I didn't have to.

*******

Adam's Pov:

As far as first sleepovers with boyfriends went, this one had to be the worst that I could ever remember having. Benny stayed the night and the rest of the next day until he was summoned back home a couple hours before my shift. I enjoyed my time with him but I noticed that things between us seemed to have changed overnight. Everything started out fine or so I thought. He woke me up with a blow job and, though it was a great way to wake up, when I tried to reciprocate he pulled back, saying that he wasn't allowed to be unlocked from his cage yet. When I tried to tell him he could have it unlocked if he wanted me to suck him off, as he hadn't gotten to cum since our time in the woods, he grew quiet and looked so displeased by the idea that I gave up. I didn't know what to think about it when the day before he'd been begging to me to touch him and I felt it was cause for concern.

What was more alarming was how he tried so hard to resist his submissive side around me, besides my morning surprise. Anytime I would try to do something for him, he would do it himself or decline that it be done at all. When we went upstairs to eat, he slapped on a smiling mask and was talkative and friendly with anyone that came up to us. If my mother was around, he would act more submissive towards her but that didn't change the way he barely let himself submit to me. What's worse.. he called me Adam, not Master. I couldn't understand it. I could see that all his pretending was exhausting and upsetting to him but he continued to behave in a more dominant manner. It was something that I'd ever seen from him before and it worried me. What else had happened last night? For that was the only explanation for this drastic of a change in Benny's behavior.

I tried to get him to talk about it but he wouldn't. It was like all the openness from our scene last night had vanished and yet he all but refused to have the cage removed, telling me he felt safer with it on. Then the message came that convinced him he had to return home and I could see that his facade was finally starting to crack. When he murmured that his brother was insisting he return, he sounded almost broken over it. He clearly didn't want to go back. I didn't understand why but it just reinforced the idea that more had happened to my omega than I knew about. I hugged him goodbye and told him he could come back in the morning if he wanted, though I was secretly ready to stay home from work if Benny thought he might need me tonight. Unfortunately, my omega didn't give me a very positive response. He simply shrugged his shoulders and stood on his toes to kiss my cheek before walking out of the diner.

"Oh, is he finally gone?" My mother asked as I watched Benny walk away.

I turned to her with a small frown, "Finally?" I asked unhappily as I mentally fretted over my boyfriend's wellbeing.

"I just meant that I've been waiting to talk with you and I wasn't sure when I'd get the chance," she clarified with an apologetic look on her face.

"Alright fine, let's talk", I started temperamentally as an uncontrollable wave of overprotectiveness came over me. "Why does my boyfriend seem to think you don't like him?" I asked, perhaps a little too aggressively, as I led her to a table to sit.

"Did he say that I said that I didn't like him?" She asked with curious look on her face.

"No. He first asked if I thought he was too young for me. Then, last night, he went through something traumatic and begged me to not tell you about it. He implied that it would make you think badly about him though I don't see how it could. I didn't make him explain. It wasn't an appropriate time but maybe you can fill me in. What did you two talk about when I was gone."

"Nothing much sweetie. I just questioned his intentions. I know you wouldn't have brought him by the diner if you didn't think there was a chance of a future with him. I also questioned why he would want you when he's an omega. Were you ever planning on telling me that little fact?" She asked looking cross.

"Tell you what? That Benny's an omega? It's not like it was a secret. I thought you knew?"

"And I thought I taught you to never get romantically involved with werewolves," she replied with a glare. "So why would I assume that he was an omega? I don't even get how you can tell the difference."

"It's not like I just met him ma. I've known Benny for four years now. He's a really sweet guy and he really likes me. I don't see the issue here? And I also don't get your insistence on avoiding the wolves. They seem nice enough. You even do business with them! So why the hell can't I date one of them?"

"Because they keep to themselves honey. The wolves don't date like you and I do. They have permanent mates within their own kind and they never settle for less. A werewolf may play with a human but they'll never commit. I can see how attached you are to this boy and I don't want you to get your heart broken. Maybe you should rethink this relationship that you have with him."

"How would you know what they do? It's not like my dad was an omega or something. He couldn't have even gotten you pregnant if he was." I snapped, knowing how it was impossible for a male omega to impregnate anyone.

"You're right. He wasn't an omega," she replied, her eyes flashing with fury. "I've never wanted to talk about this but if you insist on dating this beast then fine, it's time you know. Your father was an alpha and he used me as an incubation experiment. He wanted to grow another wolf with a human, even though he knew it was impossible. He knew how his ancestors had tried before and failed but he didn't care. He knew I might die and that never mattered. He saw something in me, I really don't understand what, and he targeted me.

I was stupid. I didn't know anything about the wolf packs then. In fact, I knew less than even you seem to already know and I certainly never expected the father of my child to be one. He didn't even tell me he was an alpha until after he impregnated me. I mean, he sort of had to explain himself since he bit the shit out of my neck. After that he left and I got very sick. He knew I was sick but it wasn't until he learned that I was so ill that I was on my deathbed that he decided showed back up. His presence alone was enough to help me through the worst of it. However, we both had to do a lot more than be together to keep me alive and well enough that you could grow. Deals were made," my mother got a strange, distant look in her eyes and she stopped speaking for almost a full minute, deep in thought.

"Apparently his fling with me became popular knowledge within his pack and Lotus Pack and his parents got involved," she started again without mentioning what deals they made. "Your father was a royal and he was breaking a mating contract with another wolf by biting and impregnating me. The whole thing was a complete scandal and I was offered money every month to take care of you if I never allowed you to claim him as your father. Since that alpha clearly didn't want us anymore, I took the idea of the money.

However, when you were six years old your father had another child, an alpha child. That somehow cancelled our previous deal and instead of money, I was offered land. Technically, being the first son of a royal, you are entitled to the entirety of Shadow Pack land. However, since you are not a werewolf, they offered you a piece of it, if you gave up any claim you could have to the rest of it in the future. They didn't want a human ruler over their people and I didn't want you involved anymore than you already were, so I agreed to that deal too. This time however, I made them use a human lawyer to enforce everything because I didn't trust them to keep their word. When you turned eighteen you became legally allowed to claim your side of the deal, which is why you got that letter.

Honestly, I'm glad it happened that way and that I didn't waste time pining after that useless alpha. I heard he cheated on his mate again, after they had their alpha child, and eventually he exiled them so he could mate with someone else. Now his mind is so broken that he doesn't even know his own name. I suppose that's karma though. I don't think your father ever cared about anyone he was with. I don't know what he needed but he clearly didn't find it with me or his promised mate. So you see? Dating a wolf isn't safe for humans. It nearly killed me and it stole from you. You need to let your little omega go. I don't care how sweet he is, he will abandon you one day. Omega's are notorious for abandoning everyone and everything for their alpha if they have to. Make no mistake sweetheart, your omega will find his alpha and when he does it will break your heart. Let him go now before he has a chance to hurt you like that."

"So.. when my dad said "it didn't work" he meant-"

"That he was trying to create an alpha or even an omega but you were born a human instead. He was furious but I was grateful you were even alive, for that in and of itself was a miracle. Although, your father didn't see it that way. I had to take you from him so he wouldn't throw you in a fit of rage."

I felt my spirit break a little at her words. I didn't really care about how my father acted, I didn't give a shit about the man anymore. It was just, for a moment, I had been hopeful that I could be exactly what Benny needed but now I wasn't so sure.

"Why did you wait so long to tell me?" I asked.

"Honestly, I never wanted to tell you but now.. now you're falling into the same trap I did. Sure your omega is adorable and sweet now but what happens down the line when he wants his true match? His alpha might feel threatened enough that he'd attack you. I don't want you in the middle of all that honey."

"Ma, Benny's not like what you're describing my father to be. He's not hiding his future mate in the shadows while he fucks with my head. I don't even think he's capable of manipulating me like that. I've never felt so close to anyone in my entire life, I feel like I'd know if he was just using me," I defended even though Benny's brother had given me pause over that very same ridiculous idea. "He didn't even want to date me at first. He knows he's not allowed and he's scared of breaking that rule but he wants to be with me anyways. He's brave. He's choosing what he needs instead of bowing down to what everyone else expects of him. I know how hard that is for him. I'm not breaking up with him."

"And what happens when-"

"If he meets his alpha one day, then and only then will I let him go. Ma, I love him. I'd do anything for him. If he found someone better than me, I'd have to let him go. I can't take away his potential happiness like that. I would never stand in his way. I just really hope he stays with me because I'm happier when I get to be with him. It's been like that since the day I met him. I know you're scared about this and I am too but.. I can't leave him. It would feel like I was breaking myself in half if I did that. I don't know what else to say, so going forward could you please be nicer to him? I'm starting to get the feeling that he thinks you'll never like him and he cares about that. I don't know if my father cared about what grandpa thought but Benny cares about you. Please consider that when he comes around. It's not fair to hold your past experiences against him. He's not even an alpha. He's not a threat to anyone. Let yourself get to know him before telling me that I shouldn't be with him."

My mom studied me for a few minutes before she finally nodded. "I see you're point but please understand, I don't dislike him sweetheart. He really is adorable and his submissiveness comes across as very sweet and endearing. I can see why you'd be drawn to him, considering your childhood, but I'm just looking out for you. However, if you think you have it under control then I'll try to back off. I really didn't mean to make him feel badly and I'm sorry I underestimated your attachment to him.

Now, you may not like this but there is another matter that I'd like to discuss...."

*******

Hours later I was laying in the nest I'd made for my omega, trying to process everything my mother had just told me. Her cancer was back and this time it came with a side a dementia. She was in the very early stages with the dementia but with the cancer... she could have a few years at most but probably much less. Especially since those odds included treatment, which she refused, saying she was too exhausted from the last two rounds of chemo to go through it again. It was one of the reasons she was so worried about me. She didn't know if she'd live to see me get married or heartbroken but she wanted to be there for me as much as possible. She wanted to protect me for as long as she could and now, she wanted me to consider taking over the diner for good.

I'd called off of work for the night. I felt incapable of shutting down my new concerns in favor of dominating someone. Sure, I was angry enough to make someone hurt. I felt completely out of control and I could use someone to help me reign my emotions back in but I didn't want a stranger or even a regular client. I wanted my boyfriend or I didn't want anyone. I'd texted him several times but he hadn't answered me so I resorted to laying in our nest while I stewed in silence. I'd have to quit my job soon. Not that I was particularly bothered by that. I was already considering it when I saw how uncomfortable Benny felt but I hated that the deciding factor was my mother's health. I'd hoped by moving in I could help her get better but the opposite was happening. I wasn't ready to lose her and I hated that I had to be alone with these thoughts. I didn't want to think about this.

At around 11:30pm I finally received a text back from my little omega, asking if I still wanted him to come over. I told him yes and that I would meet him out back. Then I prepared a few things for the night and went outside to wait, without even taking a look at my appearance. I didn't care what I looked like and I knew Benny wouldn't either. Getting dressed up wouldn't matter anyways, with what I had planned for him. About ten minutes later I heard the sound of nails clacking on pavement and looked up to see a small, delicate, gray wolf walking towards me. The closer he got, the more beautiful he looked. His coat was sleek and shiny, looking almost silver in the pale moonlight and his eyes flashed with gold. He looked elated when he saw me and immediately ran the rest of the way, jumping into my lap as he licked my face before nuzzling against me.