The Party

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

                    Jaimee
Well maybe I don't like being every guy's fantasy maybe, maybe I want a guy who listens to me, who appreciates that I actually do have a brain. I'm sick of guys approaching me just for the way that I look. I've been in love three times and I've had my heart broken three times. I don't want to have my heart broken again, I'm afraid of it. I'm afraid of picking the wrong guy again. Spending all that time with him and than it not working out. So I just want to concentrate on someone being my friend. You listened to me. You are listening to me. Devin doesn't do that. I want him to, but he won't. And when you do it, it makes me feel so loved. You give me so many things that I never knew I could have. You are the first and only guy I have ever met who I know will not break my heart. It's really overwhelming.

                    Kendall
I wish I knew what it felt like to be heart broken, cause that would mean I would have been in love.

                    Jaimee
It's always greener.

                    Kendall
Yeah it is. I don't want to be mad at you.


                    Jaimee
I don't want you to be mad...

                    Kendall
But I don't want my feelings hurt. And I don't know if I can trust you, and that's the basis of friendship.

                    Jaimee
I know.

                    Kendall
I thought you were everything. A girl like you doesn't come around often and I thought that by putting up a major fight for you I could win you. I'm sorry if I scared you. But you're worth it, and I believe that.

                    Jaimee
But I....

                    Kendall
Shut up and take a compliment. I want to be your friend, will you be my friend?

                    Jaimee
Yes. I miss going long into the night talking to you. So can you take a compliment?

                    Kendall
Yeah.

                    Jaimee
If not for Devin, I'd want you.

                    Kendall
No. See you can't do that. You can't give me that compliment. Look I know that you mean well and all....it's just that..... I need to be your friend. I can't be the undefined guy. And when I know things like that it has the potential to corrupt that friendship. I can't be the friend you deserve if I'm secretly trying to break you two up. I just wanna be there for you.

                    Jaimee
So you don't want me to break up with Devin.

                    Kendall
I didn't say that.

                    Jaimee
I didn't think you would.

                    Kendall
What I am saying is that I want you to be that friend I call at 3 AM just because......

                    Jaimee
So you're gonna keep me up?

                    Kendall
Well from what I hear your man don't keep you up.

                    Jaimee
Y'know I had almost forgotten what a smart ass you are.


                    Kendall
Thanks. We're going to go slow. I'll be in touch, OK?

                    Jaimee
No. I think I should be the one who calls you. Besides, you're not allowed to call. Remember? Thank you.

                    Kendall
No, thank you.
          
(Kendall & Jaimee walk away from each other and Tim is still wandering around)

                    Tim
SOMEBODY TELL ME WHERE IAN AND LAURA ARE! LAURA!!!!!!!

                    Kendall
Tim, you've got to stop man. You can't keep wandering around out here yelling for people. You're going to wake up the whole neighborhood, and than the cops will come. The last thing we need is having people caught for drinking.

                    Tim
My life sucks man. I'm never going to score. I'm going to be like one of those 40 year old guys at the Star Trek conventions that everyone else at the Star Trek conventions laugh at.

                    Kendall
It can't be all that bad.

                    Tim
What do you know. You probably get ass anytime you want.

                    Kendall
Man I haven't hooked up in so long it hurts.

                    Tim
Really?

                    Kendall
Yeah.

                    Tim
But I saw you talking to that really hot girl.

                    Kendall
No. Jaimee and I are just friends.

                    Tim
At least you can talk to her. I'm sick of being a loser. From now on I'm just going to follow my impulses. Whatever I feel like doing I'm just going to do it.

                    Kendall
In my experience you have to think things out a little.

                    Tim
No way man. If there's something you want to do you just do it.

                    Kendall
There's this girl I need to talk to.

                    Tim
Then do it man. If you never talk to her you'll never know what could happen. Than you'll wind up like me, well the old me. That's why I going to go kick Ian's ass and talk to Laura. LAURA!!!!!

                    Kendall
Great. Now I'm getting good advice from the drunk guy. Allright I'm going to do this.

(Kendall approaches Stacey)


                    Kendall
Hi.

                    Stacey
Hi.

                    Kendall
Look, can I talk to you for a minute?

                    Stacey
What?

                    Kendall
Are you busy? Are you free to talk for like two minutes?

                    Stacey
Yeah.

                    Kendall
Good. Cause I've been kinda wondering what happened when we were supposed to hang out.

                    Stacey
Oh wow. That was so long ago. Let me see if I can remember. Oh. What happened was I have a boyfriend, had a boyfriend. I had a boyfriend when you asked me out. And I really didn't know what to do so I kinda panicked and that's why I didn't call or anything. When I panic I really don't know what to do.

                    Kendall
Well when I asked you out why didn't you just tell me you had a boyfriend?

                    Stacey
Well we weren't going out when you asked. We were kinda broken up at the time you asked, and then after I said yes he wanted to get back together. So it wouldn't have been too easy for me to tell you that even though I said yes I can't go cause I have a boyfriend now.

                    Kendall
Why didn't you just tell me that. That's understandable or at least tell me you were just panicking and didn't know what to say to me.

                    Stacey
Oh OK.

                    Kendall
I just wanted to tell you that I'm uncomfortable with you saying hi to me when you see me and stuff and passing me notes in class. When you passed me the note about I should read Ishmeal.

                    Stacey
Oh yeah. Well, I just think it's stupid for two people who know each other not to say hi when they make eye contact.

                    Kendall
I agree. It's just weird that you.....

                    Stacey
I'll leave you alone.

                    Kendall
No. That's not what I'm saying. Look maybe instead of uncomfortable I should have said confused. I'm confused about why you stood me up and never said anything about it to me and now you say hi to me.

                    Stacey
Well I thought you were over it. And I thought that since I really dicked you over it wasn't my place to reach out.

                    Kendall
So after standing me up you never felt like you had to give me an explanation as to why?

                    Stacey
I really fucked you over and I thought that you didn't want to talk to me. Back on that first day of class I tried making eye contact and you wouldn't even look at me.

                    Kendall
Well the impression I got was that you didn't want to talk to me. I mean you stood me up and then never said another word to me. And for a long time I didn't want to talk to you. I guess it's just been building up inside me. Why did you pass me that note anyway?

                    Stacey
Well I only recommend that book to people who I think are really interesting.

                    Kendall
Oh my God you're totally hitting on me.

                    Stacey
Ummm

                    Kendall
And now you're panicking which isn't good.

                    Stacey
I'm panicking.

                    Kendall
Y'know besides me I never thought there was anyone else who was so deprived of dating skills.

                    Stacey
I hope you're teasing me.

                    Kendall
Yeah I'm teasing you. Look the reason I came over here was...well... the things is. I've been sorta trying to avoid you. But I don't really want to avoid you. Like when you said that thing about eye contact. I've been making eye contact. I admit that. But I'd felt like if I had made some sort of reconciliation move I would do it at the risk of sacraficing a lot of pride. I felt like you're the one who stood me up so you're the one who should have immeadiatley walked over to me and apologized and subsequent groveling should have followed. I was furious at you. I guess a small part of me still is. And that's probably the reason it's taken this long for me to say anything. I was so afraid I would just get into this conversation with you and just start yelling like a lunatic. Which would have led you to feel justified in doing what you did. When you would walk into class I would sit there and silently hope that you would come and sit down next to me and maybe just say something. I've wanted you to say something. In this time I've come to this conclusion that I can either go through school with a lot of pride or with a lot of friends. I'd rather do it with the friends. See what I don't think you understand is that if you had told me you had a boyfriend I would have hung out with you all the same. I mean you make me laugh. I mean I know that when you pull out some awesome line in class I don't actually laugh cause I have to keep up this tough guy facade. But I'll be out later and I'll use your line. I hate to say it, but I steal your shit.

                    Stacey
And that's supposed to be a compliment.


                    Kendall
Well, it's the best one I can come up with on short notice.

                    Stacey
Well you're going to have to do a lot more practicing if you want to impress me.

                    Kendall
How about..... I'd like to say hi to you more often.

                    Stacey
Sure. I guess we could do that.

                    Kendall
Look. I've noticed how you're very uncomfortable. I don't know think you understand what I'm saying.

                    Stacey
Tell me.

                    Kendall
I don't want there to be tension between us. I think we've had enough of it. I don't care if we never say hi to each other. No wait scratch that. I would like us to say hi. But you don't have to. I don't want you to feel like you've "dicked me over so the least I can do is say hi to him." And I don't want to see you and think after what she did to me she's not even worth a glance. Whatever you decide it's cool.

                    Stacey
Why are you telling me this? It's not like... I mean.... I like what you're saying. It's just ... How do you go from guy who hated me to Mr. laid back?


                    Kendall
I dunno. I guess it is kinda funny. This whole time I was under the impression that this situation was worse than I made it out to be. I thought you were ten shades of evil for doing what you did.

                    Stacey
Wait. Are you mad at me or not?

                    Kendall
No. No It's just that I took this whole thing as a big slap in the face. Y'know like you outright rejected me. But what it really was, was you were afraid to tell me something. And I go and turn around and pretty much do the same thing. By being afraid to tell you how I felt.