All Comments on 'The Perfect Wife Ch. 03'

by Omegaman56

Sort by:
  • 91 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielder10 months ago

Good story. My only comment is about the style. These short chapters that go back over what was discussed before from a different viewpoint are not my cup of tea. Maybe they would work better if the whole story is out there; maybe not. At this point I'm waiting to see what finally happened, and what the result was. The path to get there has been extremely long. and has made many unnecessary detours - in my opinion.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed10 months ago

Please take to heart this one suggestion. If you want to give a his and hers perspective, please give Both in the same chapter. This will get your chapter length to a better place And make sure your readers get new information and story advancement in each chapter. I like the tale that is unfolding, but it feels like it moving very slowly. Still 4 stars, as I realize due to how you submitted there is no fix for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You could've just made a 10 page story without switchings povs and be done. Very unnecessary

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good. I hope it's a happy ending.

deependerdeepender10 months ago

How exceedingly odd.

FordF150guyFordF150guy10 months ago

Good story, but rehashing the events of the first chapter in chapters two and three, and ending chapter one by saying it was a good marriage “until it wasn’t. “ Then two chapters later we are still being strung along for the “until it wasn’t “ leaves a lot to be desired. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

1st forward, 2 steps back. repetitive. get on with it

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The way this story is constructed is not my cup of tea. So I’m leaving.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I gave it a dislike because even tho it is from her side of things your 2 and 3 were basically a recap of chapter one (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So slow. Are you going to rehash things over and over and take months to tell the story? It’s getting teious.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wrap that sht up B

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Don’t miss the next exciting chapter: a first person recap as told by the barman.

As they say on Shark Tank…I’m out

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox10 months ago

Ok, I am about done, mostly recap just like the last chapter. Getting VERY annoying and boring. I see this crappy story going on and on.

nestorb30nestorb3010 months ago

Honestly the recaps add very little value to the story. It seems overall to have a good plot. But going very slow for what it is.

Thanks for writing

Turning502019Turning50201910 months ago

Telling the same story from multiple view points is adding a lot to the story that doesn’t need to be there. I’m in to the end though. Robert doesn’t strike me as a share his toys guy

OaksfineOaksfine10 months ago

Each chapter seems like a recap told over and over again. If there’s no ending in sight say so because it seems like a big waste of time

EgregiousEgregious10 months ago

Yeah, the author is dragging it out. But the reader gets a bit more information each chapter. Hopefully, we will get the whole story soon? I give it a 3 so far.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Again hiding the tags ? Why ?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You managed to loose another reader of your recap tale.

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months ago

Getting the same story over and over again but with little snippets of new information thrown in at times makes this a tedious read.

We got the car wreck in the last chapter, this time we got details. hints of a past, a sexual history that is gonna come out but no details. What's next, her sister telling the story again but adding in what happened at the club with "Adelaide"?

Seems the only thing that really is apparent is we have a former slut now trying to be a good wife and her husband who almost walks on water.

LWLover60LWLover6010 months ago

The premise and plot are very good but the execution of chapters 2 and 3 was difficult with very little to advance the story. Hoping chapter 4 takes up where chapter 1 left off.

KidCreoleKidCreole10 months ago

I understood chapter 2 being from Robert’s point of view. However, there was too much recap in chapter 3, and it was too short on new information. If the chapters were longer, with more new info, then the writing technique might work. But I agree with the others, you are telling the same story (although a good story), over and over.

CD1929CD192910 months ago

Quite frankly this is getting old.

Do you think we can this finished by XMAS?

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler10 months ago

'I think you need to start from scratch and consolidate all three episodes into a logical and readable story with the help of an experienced editor before your conclusion. The story has good bones but needs cohesion and consistency of characters. I wish you luck with future efforts.

Thanks for trying.

DreddrasDreddras10 months ago

Is this some take on Rashomon?

MwestohioMwestohio10 months ago

Seems like you are intentionally drawing the story out with multiple viewpoints of the same action. could be tightened up

KRD19254KRD1925410 months ago

OK, we got 'the story' in the opener - then we got his perception in part 2 - and now her perception in part 3. Are we going to get the kids/families perception in part 4 or will you cut past the chase for a conclusion? Then will you be doing a three part Eulogy/Epilogue too?

\

The auto accident really stretched the story, but hey it is fiction and I guess you needed it for dramatics. But no lawyers to sue the State Hwy Engineers nor the car that dropped on him? Her dad did not step in to help his pregnant daughter in helping to run Essex, temporarily (as rich as he is - and dad was not keeping a protective eye open for her/grandkids)? No mention of his rehabilitation to get on his feet?

\

Lots of small pieces that just do not fit or missing in a normal/rich 'loving family' as the story portrays. Where the hell did his dad/family come from "Robert's dad and his brothers helped" ?

\

Another lack of logic, she was crying since she could not afford his birthday present??? (She had no trust fund?) They could afford a nanny, cook-dietician and a personal trainer - WTF? Again no lawsuits from the accident to help/offset their $$$ extra burdens?

\

We've not yet seen any indicator of her rich families incense or perversion playing out that warranted his gate crashing.

\

3.8**** hooyah but holding off on any salutes....

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat10 months ago

2 1/2 pages of regurgitated info followed by a tiny bit of new info. I like this story, but you’re wasting our time retelling the same old shit over and over. 2* for this chapter due to the above.

GutsandgloryGutsandglory10 months ago

Hope this is the last different POV chapter.

ejsathomeejsathome10 months ago

You are dragging this story out way too much. Much too much repetition that added NOTHING to the story. You are trying our patience. Get to the point and tell the story properly!

EastCoaster1EastCoaster110 months ago

OK... that's three... NO, not stars.

You got 5 of those !

No, that's 3 parts out of I-dunno-how-many-but-looking-forward-to-more ! LOL... soon, I hope. The characters seem like folks, and I wanna see where this all goes, but also if Robert finds out about "Adelaide" and what happens if/when he does.

Soon, I hope...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

After chapter 1 i was looking forward to the rest of this story, now it seems to be a rehash of what has already happened. I hope the next part concludes it as i think it become obvious where it's leading to.

kencorokencoro10 months ago

@KRD19254

kek, next we'll have the older driver's POV and his flashbacks on why he was at a freeway out his own town. Also the sales manager's too.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The recap is getting old.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thank goodness you wrote the exact same chapter three different ways. Well done.

R_GazinyaR_Gazinya10 months ago

I’ve always felt it was disrespectful to an author to ‘skim’ a work. Read or don’t read, but give the author your full attention. I just couldn’t help ‘skimming’ this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Got tired of the rerun story. Get on with it!! 3*

OldbuddyOldbuddy10 months ago

Taking the long way........ch 1 had the makings of a classic. Ch 2, 3 not so much.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another recap, slow, repetitive, no progression.

silentsoundsilentsound10 months ago

Ok

This did add something to the story but it's also a third telling as well.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny10 months ago

Wow, they did it again, retold everything again, from the beginning. Just wow, can we hear it all a 4th time?

MrFreckleMrFreckle10 months ago

I really liked chapter 1 . The next 2 chapters I'm sorry I can't write a story but the only reason I will continue is because of chapter 1 chapter 3 should have come out after things are done because her viewpoint doesn't do anything to move the story along . Started a 5 after 3 chapters it's at a generous 3

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6310 months ago

The only new information was that the sales manager had a video of her having sex when she was fat. She was not fat until AFTER she had kids. So she was screwing around after she was married.

This can be a very good story, please move along.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Yay. A recap and hardly any new content. *yawn*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Agree with many others. Too much recap. Get on with the story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is getting tedious. The stars are declining with every rehash of the same stuff. The next better be worthwhile or all the chapters will be down to a single, lone star.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Okay, we get it. Let's not get any more perspectives and move along to a new part of the story

Freddog6601Freddog660110 months ago

I agree with Russ43chandler.

This overly tortured story had possibilities and could still be a good story, if it is taken down, rewritten as one cohesive piece WITH AN EDITOR.

A generous 2 stars for the initial effort.

amygdalaamygdala10 months ago

Is all this unnecessary recap from different POV just to soften the blow that the wife was an undercover Ho in her past? So she is from a family of means and influence living in the south and if she was tricking then it wasn't for monetary gains. I wonder how you will swing this one to the readers?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Bordering on incoherent. Combined with a very trite trope….well, why bother trying to finish this mess?

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Soooo

How about progressing the story already?

lujon2019lujon201910 months ago

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

why do you keep repeating?

ive gone back and retroactively rated everything you've ever written as one star for wasting our time

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

WHEN WILL THIS END? BOOOOORRRRRRING!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I hope by the end that all these fragments come together and make one story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This story is why I hate multi-chapter stories.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This chapter seems like a waste of time; just rehashing everything from chapter 2 from the other perspective.

With what little additional information; you could consolidate the two chapters and it would probably only add 1 additional page to chapter 2.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Reading this is tedious, multiple versions of the same events from a different character's perspective, so after 3 chapters the story is no further forward than from the end of chapter 1 - if the author's intent is to tantalise to draw readers in, then not for me, don't care what's in Chapter 4, lost the will

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Is this going to be like the D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. series where we get chapter after chapter of recap ramblings and 2 paragraphs of new content?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Dreddras: HA HA HA!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Interesting concept but I don't think a recap from every person's perspective is needed.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I would rather watch paint dry than read another episode of this crap

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Much better.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Duuuudddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…. You’re drawing this out FARRRRRRR too long.

It started with such promise and then started dragging it out like that 12 chapter Astronaut Wife snore-fest.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I agree that you are dragging this story out. I'm sorry, but I'm out.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

hmmm

good writing and a nice perspective from the wife.

but needed more material to be worth it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I love this woman! I hope she doesn't fuck her husband over. It's impressive how she's able to tie up loose ends and assholes. She should tell him about her past, or one of these deadbeats will slip through. Enjoy the story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The way that this story is repeating the plot from different POVs isn’t adding anything to advance the plot. And it’s not effectively exposing aspects of the characters that can be accomplished in a few paragraphs, as compared to pages. The story is compelling but it doesn’t offer much incentive to actually spend time reading it.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMom10 months ago

Why have I read the first part 3 times? This could have gone a lot better without it your stories are usually better than this.

Opinionated1Opinionated110 months ago

I really enjoy a lot of what you write, but please reconsider this particular method of story telling. As I venture from one installment into the next, I keep hoping to actually read the next episode in your loving wives story.

Unfortunately the subsequent installments are mostly a retelling of previously told elements,

with perhaps a little more detail and from a slightly different pov. Yes the story has grown in complexity

and is quite interesting, but I'm not a big fan of the "he said , She said" methodology which was pretty common

on Gettr some years ago. Thanks for the continued solid writing :)

TexdomTexdom10 months ago

I am very interested in how this story continues, but like has already been said, we are reading three pages of damn near the same story. Each one of the follow ups has added snippets of new information, but not enough to warrant the rehash of the first one. Please continue, as I really would like to know where this goes but I/we want new.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

Repetitive as others have already commented on, but this chapter did a better job of at least providing more depth. 4.6*

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Okay, maybe you'll move forward in the next chapter!

4

c4vetteman94c4vetteman9410 months ago

I feel like I've read the same story 3 times. Does this story ever move forward?

patilliepatillie10 months ago

Pls move the narrative along a bit more quickly. This rehash of events from different perspectives is not really adding much to the tale. I skipped or skimmed it, to get to the final page where the new information was.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

No, no, no... stop digging. This story was DOA. This is NOT your usual quality.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another amateur writer takes himself too seriously. I'm done with this bloated beast.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

All this psycho-babble really reminds the not ended well "Astronaut wife" tale:

https://www.literotica.com/s/splashdown-ch-11-the-end

and endless repetition of the same thoughts from different POVs. Why ?

KRD19254KRD1925410 months ago

I'm not sure why there needs to be a Part5? Do we need to know how her family will react - who gives a damn? ONLY what Bobby and Becky want matters. Appears the post-nup is no longer needed (but he should do it anyway, since offered) as they both will keep the family secrets.

\

Or did they make kid number 4/5/6, tonight? What more drama do they require to there saga?

\

4.1**** Hooyah

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is really just weird. I usually enjoy your stories and rate them a 4 or 5. I even rated chapter 1 a 5. Chapter 2 got a 3 because even though it was repetitive, at least it added something to the storyline, but not much. This just baffles me. I mean, I'm not good at writing, grammar, story telling or anything like that but this is just blowing my mind. Why would you write the same thing 3 times? Different perspectives, okay. But it's the same story, 3 fucking times. Go back to your old style of writing, this is not working at all.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Jesus Christ, how are you reposting the same chapter yet again, I didn't read the first two pages and nothing of value was missed.

Just because you can write 8000 words doesn't mean that you should, especially if 4000 will be completely worthless.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This series is the literary equivalent of a bollywood movie.

Your story is bad and you should feel bad.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I think naturalists study nature with clothes on while naturists do it without!

SlithyToveSlithyTove10 months ago

Sorry, but I couldn't stop laughing at "every synopsis in my body fired" after this Rashomon approach to things.

WargamerWargamer10 months ago

Well, lm enjoying it. Keep up the good work.

Don’t worry about the nitpickers. They can either read or not.

To me 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow three chapters, and there has been barely any plot advancement since the first chapter

Still interesting, but with all of the repetition....

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It is annoying you repeat everything forty eleven times. I think you repeat everything forty eleven times. I think you repeat everything forty eleven times. I think you repeat everything forty eleven times. I think you repeat everything forty eleven times. I think you repeat everything forty eleven times. I think you repeat everything forty eleven times. I think you repeat everything forty eleven times. I think you repeat everything forty eleven times. I think you repeat everything forty eleven times.

Lawrie1941Lawrie194110 months ago

This is a great story but your continuation absolutely sucks, a couple of paragraphs per 3 chapters is definitely below par.

XluckyleeXluckylee10 months ago

Liking this story 4 stars from Xluckylee

VincepetroneVincepetrone9 months ago

Way too much repetition. Make it more concise if you want to rehash, but, truly not needed since your chapters come out quickly. Like the story line. Want to see how it plays out.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I don't mind the changing perspectives of thr same events. Yes therr is repetition but there are some new things that lead to a slow burn.

Regardless of her swingers past, Becky is freaking awesome.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean3 months ago

she better tell himhe finds out another way it wont be good

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmegaman56@Omegaman56
I beleive in honor, integrity and man keeping his word with a handshake. I am judgmental only to the point I make sure I live up to my own standards of other people. I like to see stories end where earned forgiveness given. I am much more likely to believe a man forgives t...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES