All Comments on 'The Physio's Reward'

by Robert_Lovelace

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
ThorlolThorlolover 2 years ago

Not to criticize your story, it was well written but I cant see the romance to be honest. It felt more like buisness and secrets. Will there be other parts, explaining what is going on in the head of the protagonists? When Shirley accepted the proposal it didnt feel like she did it out of love because she was concious about her missing libido but because she got rid of a chore she didnt do often because she didnt like it. And then there was the twist in the end, she liked Penny in a more intimate way and the bra swapping in the future turns her on, atleast so much that she let Leslie have sex with her. It feel more like she has no desire for Leslie than a missing libido.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

What romance? His wife is really a lesbian? Leslie never even got laid, by anyone! LW story for sure, but more like 1/2 of a story. If you want to make this a romance you need to wrap it up as one and finish this story. Well written but very confusing story. Totally unsure where you are trying to go with this one....

Robert_LovelaceRobert_Lovelaceover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you for these useful and valid comments. As you both imply, there is more to romance than sexual attraction or unexpected action! I need to make much more of the rekindling of romance between husband and wife, which is the reward referred to in the title, since you don't find it convincing. It was meant to be a happy and joyous twist in the ending but perhaps it comes across as an afterthought. Any other thoughts from anyone out there would be much appreciated.

ThorlolThorlolover 2 years ago

Hey Robert_Lovelace, thanks for your response! Now that you pointed it out, I can actually see that the Physio's reward was actually intimacy with the wife, like your title suggested. But thats not romance in my opinion, romance is whats left after desire or in between. Other people may have other ideas what romance is. It really does felt like the twist at the end was an afterthought and not what was sought after. Too be honest, you could continue this story line and expand the history between husband and wife. What was the reason for their sexless marriage? Do they actually like each other physicially? And so on...

Davester37Davester37over 2 years ago

What a curious story! I’m left shaking my head and wondering what just happened. Still, it was a pleasant journey, and I enjoyed reading it.

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work. I will be looking for your earlier stories.

Robert_LovelaceRobert_Lovelaceover 2 years agoAuthor

I'm grateful for these generous and helpful comments. I've taken them to heart in my next story, which is almost ready to go, and when I get the chance I'll rewrite the end of this one. I like that definition of romance, by the way, except that I would add that romance seems to me an awareness of possibilities, seeing what is not yet visible.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRobert_Lovelace@Robert_Lovelace
Name is fictional, and the fictional character of that name behaved really badly. But I do like a bit of lace.