The Pirate Queen Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Brandon asks Celeste to set him down in front of Brandon, where he promptly bows down, pressing his forehead against the floorboards. "I'm sorry for yelling at your earlier. I hope you understand I thought that Celeste was in real danger."

"I do understand." Davy sits down before the merman, meeting his eyes. "Though, I don't understand why you would care to apologize to a human."

"Celeste told me of her mission. You are the human she trusts the most. If you two can truly put a stop to the one fishing our people, then I have no words for how grateful I would feel."

"What will you tell Cerulean when you return?" asks Celeste, who sits down between the two of them.

"I'll tell him that you're alive, of course," says Brandon. "He'll probably punish me for not bringing you back."

"I see. Davy, hand me your knife." Celeste singles out a stretch of her cherrywood hair, measured to about the length of her hand and cuts it off. She hands the knife back to Davy and ties the cut-off hair into a tight, complicated knot, which she hands to Brandon. "Give this to my brother. He won't punish you after seeing this."

Brandon takes the knot in his hand and holds it tight. "I'm not too sure about this."

"Trust me, Brandon." Celeste pats him on the shoulder. "Just trust me on this. And if you can talk to Brooke, please tell her that I'm well and that I miss her."

"Of course I will."

Celeste lifts Brandon up in her arms and sets him down on the rowboat ready to be lowered into the water. She waves a silent good-bye to him while Davy lowers the boat into the water.

Brandon slips into the water without a splash and disappears into the inky depths. Celeste leans over the side of the ship. She can follow Brandon's form more easily than Davy with her eyes more attuned to the dark.

Davy pats her on the shoulder. "It wouldn't hurt to visit home, Celeste."

"I know." She stares down at the waves below. "But I don't think I would ever leave home if I did. I want to see this to the end. Only then- only then, I'll be ready to return home."

12