The Possessed

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Slavery had another more subtle benefit however. Since crime was rare, the number of women serving as slaves was small. Slaves were therefore rare, and like most rare things, highly valued and coveted. In effect owning slaves conferred significant social status on the owner. Slaves were in effect the Ferrari's, Lear Jets, and 100-foot yachts of the 23rd century and the competition to own them fierce not to mention expensive. As a result, slaves were almost exclusively owned by the most elite and wealthy members of society bringing the New Social Contract full circle and highlighting its consequences as well as its benefits to all.

The designers of the Servitude Laws and the New Social Contract were not content however with mere external influences such as social status and punishment to maintain the order. These had too often failed in the past, and despite the prevailing prosperity of the times, wealth and status were always relative things. As such, built-in internal mechanisms were required to reinforce these external controls. Once again, a bit of genetic tinkering provided the solution. Although the Decision had left women with unparallel personal power and confidence, these were checked by the usual cultural and sexual inhibitions euphemistically labeled the contrary virtues. Modesty, chastity, and humility were now hardwired. Although women remained sexually confident and free to choose their partners, marry or divorce at will, and otherwise engage in all forms of sexual behavior, whether singly, in pairs, or even in small groups, inhibitions that dampened immodest behavior were now genetically hardwired so as to reflexively reinforce the chosen societal norms and morality. Sexual activity therefore continued to be exclusively a private matter between consenting adults and conducted behind closed doors. Public nudity or sexual displays as well as pornography remained largely illegal and socially taboo.

The purpose of this tinkering (known as the Venkatesan Modification) however was not merely to control the public morals but to leverage these inhibitions as internal controls against discontent whether public or private. As such, this genetic hardwiring was accompanied by a predisposition towards making these taboo activities sexually stimulating. Thus for example, thoughts of appearing nude in public although personally frightening and humiliating were nonetheless accompanied by a small but nevertheless real thrill of sexual excitement that could be felt both physically and emotionally. The result was that a sub-conscious tension was established within the mind of each woman with regards to such anti-social behavior. This tension was then exploited towards the larger purpose of acting as an internal deterrent towards all types of misbehavior, by using the external act of public humiliation as part of the punishment proscribed for criminal activity within the Servitude Laws. Each woman was well aware of this tension both subconsciously and consciously. At the subconscious level fear and dread served to check desire and ambition. Consciously each woman knew the awful public degradation that awaited her if she chose to break society's rules in pursuit of personal gain. None could ever forget witnessing her first public humiliation.

Mandated by law as part of the civics' curriculum, all late-teenage school girls were required to attend at least one public punishment. There they witnessed the terrible spectacle of a convicted criminal being dragged into a public square, stripped naked, and exposed to public ridicule and physical punishment. The latter often consisting of spankings, whippings, and personal violations of both her body and her dignity. The result was to consciously reinforce the built-in mechanisms of the Venkatesan Modification. As such, each woman contained within her mind a self-reinforcing inhibition towards misbehavior. This internal check insured obedience to law and order (and most importantly the status quo) independent of external devices or controls. For the price of retaining a few sexual taboos and some outdated morality, peace and prosperity could now be guaranteed to all. Such is the material from which utopias and other golden cages are built. But cages work both ways.

With the New Social Contract in place, peace, prosperity and personal freedom guaranteed to all, and a new order of social elites firmly entrenched, the 24th century ushered in the first near utopian world in human history. Those who disagree are few in number and chiefly composed of society's outcasts and malcontents. They are rightly ignored. However there are others, albeit few in number, but nonetheless witnesses to the realities of this utopia, and their disagreement cannot be so easily dismissed. For they have experienced first-hand both its wonders and its horrors: near-naked slaves living side by side with the fabulously rich and powerful, manual labor coexisting with automated interplanetary transports bearing untold wealth, goods casually dispensed and friendships even more casually betrayed, and amorality prized more than the most precious metals or rare gems.

It is these witnesses, albeit few in number, who dare to challenge the status quo and pry-open the iron fists of the powerful and greedy ruling elite. Tormented by the spectacle of waste and moral poverty surrounding them, these few prepare to act...

Chapter 1: The Web of the Spider

Katrina Feltte reclined against the warm stones in the steam room and sighed contentedly. The trip from the mainland had been long, as usual, and she was stiff from sitting and working in the plush but nevertheless confining interior of the transport. It would be nice, at last, to spend a few days at the Castle enjoying its unique pleasures.

Katrina was past middle age and matronly in appearance, but still handsome for her age (although slightly overweight). Though she was far from retirement, Katrina found her job simultaneously tiring and stimulating. As head of Blue Onyx, the 24th century equivalent of the Mint/Federal Reserve she was without doubt one of the top five most powerful women in the world. Paper money had, of course, long since passed into history; all transactions being handled electronically via virtual personas. Blue Onyx was responsible for the creation and security of these personas as well as the regulation of interest rates and the money supply. As the head of this important organization, Katrina was a quasi-political figure and very, very powerful, not to mention wealthy. Unfortunately power brought with it both responsibility and duty and a hectic schedule that left little time for anything but work. Trips to the Castle were therefore rare and typically not for rest and relaxation. Still, one could not completely avoid its temptations, no matter how hectic the schedule.

Katrina was, of course, a non-sitting member of the board of directors of Zax, the private, quasi-secret society which owned the Castle and the island under its foundations. Publically, Zax was best known as a quasi-secret society notorious for its kinky sex parties and a membership that was rumored to read like a who's who of the rich, famous, and powerful. Secretly, Zax used its notoriety, powerful connections, and considerable wealth to further the ends (both political and otherwise) of its elite members. At the center of these clandestine political activities and intrigues sat Katrina. Not at the head (this was far too blatant, as well as dangerous for someone as intelligent and politically skillful as Katrina), but rather at the center, like a spider in her web, spinning a complex network of interconnected plots, and waiting to ensnare every available opportunity to extend her influence and power as well as further her aims.

As Katrina felt her muscles finally starting to relax, Prudence Ardella, entered the warm room and sat on the stone bench opposite her. Adjusting the white towel wrapped around her upper body she said "Feeling better Mistress?"

Katrina smiled and said, "Yes, much."

Katrina looked approvingly at Prudence. Prudence was a petite, dark-brown haired woman. The word 'woman' was misleading, however; Prudence slight figure and youthful appearance made her appear almost child-like, at best a girl of no more than seventeen or eighteen. Her clear blue eyes, added to the illusion, for an illusion it was; Prudence was thirty-five and an accomplished woman. As the chairwoman of the board of Zax, and heiress to Astra, the solar system's largest mining corporation, she was not only wealthy, but smart and powerful. More than one person had been fooled by her youthful appearance, much to their later regret. For her part, Prudence did little to reveal her real age, since her child-like appearance (of which she was well aware) was something she used to her advantage.

Katrina, of course, was well aware of Prudence true age and character. She liked the younger woman for both being aware of and using her assets to maximum benefit. But even more, Katrina liked Prudence for living up to her name. She was both prudent and industrious. Moreover, she was not so prudent as to be entirely risk-adverse. Rather, her actions were always well calculated and very carefully thought-out. Combined with her fanatical work ethic (100 hour work weeks, being the norm) and attention to detail, Prudence reminded Katrina of herself, twenty years ago. Unlike her predecessor at Zax, Prudence was the mature, clear-headed, and calculating leader that Katrina required.

"We have a candidate at last, I believe Mistress," began Prudence.

"Good!" replied Katrina "Details?"

"Caught shop-lifting, of all things," said Prudence.

"Shop-lifting?" said Katrina, surprised. This was a rare crime, since no one really had the need to steal goods anymore. "She isn't some homeless waif or mental case?"

"No Mistress. Normal base-class society," replied Prudence "Psychologically, slightly rebellious, but not overt; minor relationship problems with parents."

"Hmm; but why such a severe punishment for such a minor offense?" said Katrina.

"Just plain unlucky" said Prudence. "Turns out she was in a jewelry shop. Thought she was taking a manufactured emerald, turned out it was a Venusian gemstone, very rare and very expensive."

Katrina's eyes narrowed and she barked, "We had nothing to do with this, right?"

"Of course not Mistress," answered Prudence.

"OK," said Katrina. "I don't want a repeat of the last time. This has got to be completely legitimate. We've waited this long, and we can afford to wait longer, if necessary."

"I know," said Prudence. "But rest assured Mistress, this is completely legitimate and well within our modeling predictions."

"Good. Proceed, then; now how about some hospitality?"

"Very good Mistress," said Prudence, clapping her hands.

The door to the steam room opened and two slaves walked in. The first had flaming red hair and a tall athletic build. The second was a blond, shorter, with a trim figure. Both women were naked except for heavy thick diapers that encased their lower bodies. The redhead went over to Katrina and knelt in front of her, eyes down cast. The blond did the same, kneeling in front of Prudence.

Katrina looked down at the slave, and smiled slyly. Unwrapping the towel that covered her perspiring body and opening her heavy legs, she said, "Service your Mistress, slut". At these words, the red-headed slave blushed a deep red and began to urinate uncontrollably in her diaper, a large yellow stain spreading rapidly across the crotch of the heavy, plastic covered cloth. She plunged her face into the thick tangle of black pubic hair between Katrina's legs and reverently kissed her vulva and began to lick her Mistress's pussy. The blond slave did likewise to Prudence and soon both women moaned with pleasure.

Within minutes, Katrina climaxed, her body shuddering with pleasure. Prudence soon followed her mentor. After several more orgasms Katrina pushed the slave away breathing hard. Prudence was soon finished also. Both women looked at the slaves and Prudence said, "Well let's see which of you is the wettest."

The tall redheaded slave walked over, with eyes downcast, and stood next to the blond, in front of Prudence. Prudence stuck her finger into the waist of each slave's diaper and examined the moisture indicator located there. Hum, looks like it's your lucky day, she said to the blond slave. Without a word, the redhead unfastened the heavy diaper from the blond. It fell to the floor with a soft thud. With tears rolling down her cheeks, the redhead plunged her tongue into the urine soaked, but bare pussy of the blond slave, licking furiously. The blond almost instantly convulsed in an intense orgasm, crying out slightly, the S-shaped tattoos on her cheeks turning black, informing everyone in the room of her climax.

"Enough!" said Prudence. Both slaves blushed furiously, ashamed of what they had just done. "Pick up your dirty diaper and return to your cells" commanded Prudence. The blond bent over and picked up her used diaper and both slaves hurriedly left the room.

"Ah! Much better," said Katrina.

"Dinner?" asked Prudence.

"Yes. It looks like we have something to celebrate," said Katrina.

"Yes, indeed Mistress" said Prudence, leading the way to the showers.

Chapter 2: Tempting Fate and Other Fatal Misdemeanors

Dianna Weiss sat cross-legged in an oversized tee shirt and cotton panties on the bed in her college dorm. Across from her, and also sitting on her bed, was Dianna's roommate and childhood friend, Karen. "I don't think that's a good idea," said Karen. "You could get into some serious trouble."

The young women had been talking about Dianna's latest 'idea' or, as Karen referred to them, prank. Dianna was always coming up with some outrageous idea for testing 'the system' or those in authority. She had been doing this since childhood and the habit had carried over into her teen years and now into college, as a young adult. Karen had never understood this facet of her longest and closest friend. As a young child, she was always doing something ridiculous like hiding her parent's keys and locking them out of their dwelling. Of course, her parents had managed to get in eventually, and all Dianna had ended up with was a very sore bottom for a week or so afterwards.

Dianna, however, ignored the discomfort, and reveled in the re-telling of the episode, each time embellishing the story to enhance its humor. Karen had to admit that many of her friend's pranks were hilarious, but she never could understand their motivation. As a teenager she had given up trying, believing Dianna would out grow the need as more mature interests took hold. Dianna, although intelligent and bright, had not outgrown the need, and her propensity for pranks remained.

As a psychology major, Karen was beginning to gain some insight into the motivations of her friend, or at least she thought so. Although very beautiful, Dianna lacked a certain self-confidence that most young women her age had, at least in part, found. In particular, Dianna was extremely shy about her body. Karen knew she was a virgin, but her shyness went well beyond sexual matters. Dianna, always dressed modestly in public, and in private even Karen had not seen her without clothes on. In fact, Dianna was now as about as undressed as Karen had ever seen her. Dianna even locked the bathroom door every time she used the facilities. Once, Karen had left the door open as she went to pee during the night. Dianna had woken to the familiar tinkling sound of liquid running into liquid and, even though it was dark, had become upset and scolded her friend about the open door.

Perhaps Nina's Cut had been a little too deep on Diana. Karen had come to realize that Dianna clearly had problems with intimacy and that her pranks were a method for having and keeping friends without really sharing her inner secrets. Unfortunately, Dianna's schemes were starting to get more and more serious. It was one thing to lock your parents outside, it was quite another to steal.

"Come on," said Dianna, "what's the worst that can happen?"

"You could get caught and arrested! That's what," exclaimed Karen.

"So?"

"What do you mean so?" replied Karen. "You don't think that's serious enough?"

"I mean, so they arrest me. What's the worst that could happen? A public spanking? A few days in detention?" Dianna said.

"You think that's trivial?" retorted Karen. "Did it occur to you that you might be expelled, not to mention having a criminal record?"

"Come on" said Dianna, "its not like I'm really stealing it. It's just a prank, as you would say. Plus the fact, can't you see the humor in the Dean wearing a ring with a 'hot' stone from her 'secret admirer'?"

Hard as she tried, Karen could not suppress a smile. After all, old Ms. Frump-Face's only secret admirer was the person looking back at her when she looked in the mirror. And only if the damn glass didn't crack!

"There, see. Even you can't stop smiling at the idea," said Dianna catching Karen's unwilling display of humor. "Who knows, maybe I'll be voted most likely to succeed in going into diplomacy or something at the end of our senior year."

More likely, most likely to succeed in going into servitude, Karen thought. But she decided to apply some of her new found psychological knowledge, and instead replied, "Does the thought of a bare bottom spanking in public excite you?" Given her friend's extreme modesty, it shouldn't thought Karen. But therein laid the paradox that was Dianna; like a moth to a flame, Dianna was strangely attracted to what could destroy her and what she seemed to fear so unnaturally.

Dianna smiled at first, like a little girl discussing something naughty, but stopped when she saw that Karen was serious. "What do you mean?" she asked.

"Well," began Karen, "I was talking with a friend after psychology class yesterday. She claimed that part of the Venkatesan Modification was geared at making us secretly excited by such ideas."

"You mean, by getting punished?" asked Dianna.

"Yes. But it goes further than that. It's not just getting punished, but it's the idea of being humiliated, publicly, that makes us sexually excited."

"To what end?" said Dianna.

"Helps us channel our energy sexually, instead of in anti-social ways," said Karen. Dianna looked at her friend thoughtfully, but remained silent and Karen could see she had struck a nerve. "I can honestly say that part of me is excited by having my pants pulled down in public and being exposed and spanked in front of both friends and strangers; how about you?" Karen continued.

"But what does this all have to do with my prank?" said Dianna, avoiding the question and no longer making eye contact with her friend.

"Everything" said Karen. "I think part of you is really excited by the thought of being forcefully exposed and humiliated, publicly."

"Come on" said Dianna, dismissively. "That's ridiculous!"

"Is it?" said Karen. "Then why are you so defensive suddenly? For that matter, why are you always so hung-up about anyone seeing you naked? My god! We're room mates and I've never once even seen you bare-chested."

Dianna blushed, and looked away from her friend. Karen pressed on, "Have you ever had an orgasm?"

"What?" Dianna said looking up in surprise and embarrassment at Karen.

"You heard me" answered Karen.

"Have you?" replied Dianna defensively.

"Yes," said Karen looking Dianna in the eye.

"Well, I don't see what that's got to do with anything. Plus the fact, it's none of your business!" said Dianna, pushing the covers of her bed back, and climbing underneath. "I just wanted to see what you thought about my idea, and suddenly we're having this weird sex-talk. Goodnight!"