All Comments on 'The Presence'

by Cndrlla69

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
i like the word

turgid...don't hear it often but i like it. great story by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Am I the only one who is put off by the pre-story commentary?

I think that the story should be strong enough to stand on its own without a write up on the author, or any other kind of explanation. I just couldn't get into the story because the paragraphs of intro sounded like Cndrlla69 needed to tell me how to feel about it.

Tinkerbell98Tinkerbell98over 10 years ago
i think your wrong

Cndrlla69 you did an awesome job by the way. Anonymous you just didn't obviously get what she was laying down. If you would have read the entire thing you'd understand that the beginning was the introduction of the character not the author. The character was giving insight on her life and basically was saying that she writes paranormal romance for a living and that although she doesn't believe in it she writes about it. If you could of gotten past the first little bit it you would have gotten it so no you were the only one who missed that memo. Cndrlla69 don't let anyone knock your writing you are very talented and I loved every second of this story. You should totally write a sequel for this story. Please keep writting your one of my favorites!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Frame stories are always hard. In this case, the reader may not initially recognize that the frame is indeed a frame rather than a directive from the real author because, for one thing, the frame involves a fictional author speaking in the first person. That such a complex frame was not perfectly crafted represents a legitimate but very minor criticism. It overlooks the great merits of the story, which has a well developed and unusual plot with an individualized protagonist. The story is both richly imagined and erotic. Conrad undoubtedly would have handled the frame story better, but he seldom posts at Literotica.

Upon reflection, my comment is saying much the same thing as Tinkerbell's: judge the whole, not the part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Perfection!

This is one of the best and most well written stories I have read on here. Thank you so much for such a wonderful, truly romantic story!

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
A STORY WITH (a story within) IN A STORY

About an author writing a story, about, herself. Add to that, the author writes tales about ghosts and the occult (while vehemently denying their existence), and this her very personal experience with a ghost lover.

A difficult challenge for the most experienced and skilled writer that was accomplished by this writer with light hearted ease.

This is a fun story to read..

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous