All Comments on 'The Price of Forgiveness'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 407 Comments (Page 2)
Huedogg2Huedogg2over 12 years ago
I disagree with you there holyDemon

Why is that he has to fight to save his marriage, I agree that he could have been more proactive. But it was her choice to go out side of the marriage. After that why did he need to fight for her or the kids. They all made their choices. And as far as Rhonda goes. She is a pro at handling men, she has her own money, and will treat him better than his wife did. And she talks to him, unlike his wife.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
SHE KNEW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN

and backfire was part of the equation, TK U MLJ LV NV

TreyboTreyboover 12 years ago
Just Desserts

The cheating wife got exactly what she deserved. Died knowing what she did, helped alienate her kids from their father, then wanted to place blame squarely on the other guy.

DunaDunaover 12 years ago

I think he will change his mind and he will forgive his kids. However he must be 1-2 years to live happines with his new mate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
holydemon

huecuck loves being cucked and drives any woman near him toward that end, manipulating the situation to ensure he is soundly cucked hard. Fight for marriage? fuck that, fight to get cucked!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
anonymouse

Anonymouse is such a dim wit, cock sucking, cowardly piece of shit ass hole my dog wouldn't fuck him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Unnoticed

She made no attempt to force him into a conversatiobn after he found her with her BF. It probably wouldn't have done her any good but at least he might have been able to convince her to come clean with family and friends - for the kids sake but NO - it was all about her.

She never told the kids, friends or relatives that it was her doing - selfish.

Now she wanted to be friends and did she come clean with the kids and friends - NO.

She REALLY fucked him over - no clue, no respect. Sad but people like her die alone and sorrowful - too bad!

I wish she hadn't died, just lingered on sickly for years.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
when your kids say no to you

they are no longer your kids! and the X i'm glad he was nasty with her.

Sid0604Sid0604about 12 years ago
Thank you

Hey........ I thoroughly enjoyed reading your story. I thought it was great.

Thank you

Sid

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Let this be a lesson to all...

...there is life after betrayal.

Maybe he had regrets. Maybe he lost a family.

But it wasn't of his doing. He was never given the option of being St George and slaying his personal dragon.

So to all who read this, and have felt the sting of betrayal, 'MR' Slirpuff has given a wonderful lesson here.

Pick yourself up and stand on your two feet. Keep your head high. Whatever comes after that, you can face with dignity and peace of mind.

Thanks, SP. 5 stars.

BTTapBTTapalmost 12 years ago
I've read this one over a few times

I really like it. It is interesting, because it is much more about aftermath than it is about the betrayal and divorce itself. I like how it was plotted. I thought the conversation with the ex was compelling, and I liked where it occurred in the story.

I liked that hubby wasn't a saint-he had his flaws.

I also liked how he gained perspective on relationships. Slirpuff showed a man's inner (and outer) changes very well in this short story.

Some minor spelling/grammar errors, and some minor logical disconnects; but nothing that bothered me too much.

He also got some eroticism into the story, which is a nice change from so many of the betrayal/cheating wife/divorce stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Damn, I can't believe I'm 116th to comment

That in it's self is testimony to your story. 5*****. Thanks for writing. tom anon

vietvetvietvetover 11 years ago
Good one.

Finally got around to reading this one.

Thanks for writing.

Tom

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

fuck the kids they are dead to you as you were to them - when they had a choice you were not it.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 11 years ago
Another

Just re-read this fine tale. I only have one thing to add.

Don't cheat on your spouse.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 11 years ago
5* This is the reality

of what happens when a cheater gets cheaters remorse, but far too late. Well told, thank you.

cantbuymycantbuymyover 11 years ago

no remorse here the cunt never told anyone the husband was innocent and never told anyone she was a slut. the kids only come around after the cunt is dead looking for a handout - piss on her grave, spit on her dead face, tell the back stabing kids they are orphans and to eat shit and die. did i surgar coat it too much?

MortonGrangeMortonGrangeover 11 years ago
Very good

This is a very good story. Psychologically real (apart fropm the tart with the heart of gold) and keeps its hard edge to the very end. Admirable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
what pathetic crap

Slircuck is typically a little better than this Ohio or Hard Days Cuck nonsense. This was drivel. Poor hero is totally victimized by all these horrible people that never figured out the wife was a total slag and everyone hated poor Slircuck. They made his life a hell but no one asked poor Slircuck anything. But the cucky boy perseveres and the had dies.. But in the end, he is the big man. what nonsense. Anyone who sees this as reality is getting confused that the Lifetime movies he watches with his male lover are in fact real.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Train wreck

People make mistakes, people are cruel, some you forgive and some you don't. Not sure why he didn't tell the kids the truth when it first happened. Pretty cold hearted to turn his back on his kids forever. Screw the slut.

firas01firas01about 11 years ago
liked it

what i really liked about this story is that he let her have it with both barrels, he didnt hold back and he didnt say anything but the truth, i hate these stories where the cheated husband act noble and avoid saying the truth as it is because he is above it, i feel that such stories are so far from reality. but this story is so real as the husband didnt mind giving back some of the hurt he suffered from.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Loved it

Well written and an interesting tale. I had a feeling she would come crawling back, albeit only half heartedly and on her deathbed. I wouldn't give the brats the time of day.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 11 years ago
Thoroughly Enjoyable

Well done and nicely portrayed. I was entertained, and yes, had a cold one.

For the anon person who disbelieves what people can perceive, remember perception and truth seldom have anything in common. People always take sides. Just ask the poor sod who's wife vanishes and he is now the "prime suspect", drawn, quartered and hung long before the evidence rolls in. Then when she reappears the all say "oops...".

Thx!

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

he does not have any kids and the slut wife never told anyone she was the cheater and not the husband. pouring a glass of warm piss over her head would have been acceptable and as for the kids, sorry, but i dont have any kids, they left me and told me to fuck off and i dont have any grandlkids either. NO YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MONEY WHEN I DIE YOU PIECES OF GARBAGE!

monkcalmmonkcalmabout 11 years ago
great story

It is a great tale of a man, and fuck those bitches that say way too cruel to her and kid,and fuck those bitches that say way too cruel to her and kid, just because she is dying dont mean shit forgive fuck that,he is recovering and she will burn and so will the kids- love and respect it a two way street parent to kids and kid to parent.You can never be to cruel to that bitch and her brats.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Typical Slircuck drivel

I don't normally rate stories, but I was glad to give this a one. Slircuck loves this type of story. The guy gets pounded by everyone but he is such a strong man he forgives them. Whatever, It is basically a method for him to be a humiliation queen and pretend he's not. Don't every change, you crazy cuck. I am sure there are several S/M whores that depend on your social security check.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Death ...

A recurring, non-erotic event in these stories. What a drag! SP, use your talent toward brighter ends.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

Toss some shit in the coffin.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Dear 6/04/13 Anonymous

you can insult an author behind no name, but no one has ever read one of your stories. Some of us like Slirpuff's writing just fine. And be an adult, criticize the work, not the author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Nice

Very nice story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sorry but I just had to comment about this

"For once I felt pretty good and it wasn't from the three bottles I'd already consumed. ...I drove her home and even walked her to the door."

3 bottles of wine and then he gets behind the wheel!!!!!!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent

I hope she died in pain. Karma gets you in the end. The funny part, she the cheating whore wife left her new asshole husband because he cheated. That's so funny it's incredible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
"That's so funny it's incredible."

What is more incredible is how fucking stupid a loser would have to be to think that was incredibly funny. Only the dimmest and most clueless retard would giggle like a fatuous little bitch over something so banal.

Total... fucking... loser.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Good Revenge Story Weapon

@ Anon You should read Sojoman's story the "Revelation Blues" . The betrayed ex husband organize the cheating ex wife marriage with a serial cheater new husband and HE GETS HIS SON's CUSTODY FROM THE EX WIFE TOO!!!!! If the cheating ex wife finds a wronger Second HUSBAND that is a good REVENGE STORY WEAPON.

Many Author used it, for example me too...............

I

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 10 years ago
Living well is the best revenge.

Another great one Slirpuff

BDEarthBDEarthover 10 years ago
A good read

Nice story, nice character development, excellent ending. I'm glad he let her die without forgiving her, and I hope he lets "her" kids suffer for abandoning him.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Choices

Everyone makes their choices and gets to live with the consequences. Cheating is not a "mistake", it is a choice. A choice to throw away the person you are with for a new person. Don't the discarded person to be happy about this. In fact, expect them to hate you, that is the most common reaction and well known to all. So, cheating spouses, do us all a favor: shut up and die.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow..

Five stars from me. I really enjoyed that one. I don't blame him for not giving her forgiveness in this life, but giving it after she died.

The kids? To hell with them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
SirSHIT ..

Enough!! Your readers (what few there are) see thru your PATHETIC attempts to absolve THE DISGUSTING WHORE ANN of her betrayals ... This CUNT ABSOLUTELY represents why cheating, slut wives should be burned, embarrassed & humiliated for the rest of their pathetic slut lives!

BLAME THE VICTIM .. EXCUSE & PRAISE THE WHORE .. right SirWIMP?!?

auhunter04auhunter04over 10 years ago
hhmmmm

ignore the negatives that have any constructive constructive help

The price of forgiveness is sometimes more than we can pay in one big chunk, but start by forgiving the little things and whittle the big one down to size and suddenly you find they are gone.

I am still working on the whittling part.

If you go back and reread this story and look at the messages sent (totally unintentional) you will find yourself in a happier place

shadowjack17shadowjack17over 10 years ago
Advice for you and your editor

English usages:

Advise someone to take advice.

Speak your piece, not peace (the ideal we accept by the fact there are interludes between wars).

Your usage of possessive pronouns need help. You're is a contraction of you are, your is possessive.

Other than that, no major discrepancies. Not commenting about story line, only the writing.

Alaska84Alaska84over 10 years ago

Loved it! Thank you for sharing your story with us! I have read several of your stories twice and some even more.

The typos, really who cares!

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatover 10 years ago
Reality is not always easy to swallow

I could say something technical about the story and give you my personal opinion, but I would rather simply say that I have a great respect for your storytelling abilities and this one is another example of why that is.

geopri71geopri71over 10 years ago
Forgiveness

I can understand not forgiving the wife ,but not the kids. The kids were just caught in the middle.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 10 years ago
forgive ?

The "kids" chose the other man and the ex-wife side.

Choices have consequences.

Pick the other side in a battle and don't be surprised if you are classed as an enemy.

They made their choice now live with it.

These were not little children, they were adults or near enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
screw the english usages and typos.

great story. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
5 stars

I really enjoyed this one. What happened to this fellow is the worst thing that can happen to a spouse. Your rock, your anchor, your heart, everything you live for is suddenly ripped loose and she's then trying to screw you for every dime she can wring out of you. That can be forgiven but never forgotten.

I believe I would have acted in the same manner. I would like to think I would, anyway.

FiftyshadesofmeFiftyshadesofmeover 10 years ago
:)

Perfect!!!!!! Love the realism.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 10 years ago
no wonder Ann croaked

what worthless whore, he'll do better with the hooker. At least she's trust worthy and has a trade. The best thing he could've down was drop the whore. In the end he's happy, the whores dead and the kids are all alone, maybe they can get their ex-step father to treat them like his own......nawww they just live as they were raised.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Forgiveness is overrated

She probably went to the grave without ever telling people that she was the cheater. He should have spit on her at the wake.

javmor79javmor79about 10 years ago
Not a likeable guy.

I may be the minority here, but I hated this guy. I can't call anyone a hero who can walk away from his kids life and never look back. I know he was hurt when everything went down. That's natural. His initial reaction was forgivable. But over time, the love that he should have had for his kids should have overshadowed the pain. His narcissism really hit epic proportions when the ex-wife told him that she was dying and the kids would probably need him. He didn't even care. He couldn't even feel his kids' pain because he was so wrapped up in his. I can understand if he held no warm and fuzzy feelings for the ex-wife. But to not even feel anything for your kid's pain? Unforgivable.

He would have been a likeable character if it wasn't for that. If you can't love your kids more than yourself, then you aren't really capable of love. I can honestly say that there is nothing my daughter can do that I can't forgive. If my wife and I were to divorce and she remarry, I would still be her father. Even if she were to love the other guy. I always tell her that she is my favorite person on the planet earth. I love her more than anyone else, including myself.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 10 years ago
children ?

They were grown up, old enough to know that choices have consequences.

Adults should know that cheating is wrong.

Side with someone that is doing wrong and pay the price.

It would be different if they were very young.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
jaymor79

read it again his kids walked away from him

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Doesn't add up

She said the sex was so good she couldn't give it up but earlier said yes he had a bigger dick but didn't know how to use it (must be bad as she took 3 years to train him). Can't be both.

Minor point, a doubting husband wouldn't look after her but a dotting husband would.

phd70phd70about 10 years ago
Ann was really a total Bitch! Unpleasant BTB story.

Neither parent was a great person. Ann had few redeeming features, just shafted her husband and turned the kids against him. She wouldn't even save husband's reputation by admitting that she cheated on him!! Husband did take his self pity much too far, causing himself extra grief and making no effort to maintain a relationship

with his kids, thus giving up on any relationship and rewards from being a loving grandfather. Pretty much a downer story, although well written technically. Dan

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story!

I could see myself being this guy, but I could not have pleased Rhonda with my tiny tool.

searching0240searching0240about 10 years ago
Family????

I was pleased that he spoke "frankly" to the ex-wife. Most protagonists seem to think that their is something noble about continuing to support their traitorous spouses delusions. I was also pleased that he didn't forgive her while she was alive. There are somethings that are unforgivable. He obviously moved on with his life. The "forgiving" was un-necessary.

I've heard the christian clap-trap about forgiveness. But it is usually expressed by people that believe others should forgive "trespasses", not they themselves. The average christian/person seems to be incapable of forgiveness. That's why we incarcerate a larger percentage of our population than any other western country. It's why we invaded, occupied, and murdered over a million Iraqi citizens, that didn't do anything to us.

I can only hope that he doesn't let her children slither under his door. They appear to be just as horrible "human beings" as their mother.

Robert

tazz317tazz317about 10 years ago
DO FAMILIES THAT 2ND GUESS

ever win a chance for reversal. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Too bad, all the frigging sluts/wimps didn't die of cancer on this retched site.

And yea, the fucked up demented kids deserve his silence forever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
"retched site"

Nice, another illiterate closet cuck shits the bed. Don't have to be a moron to be a closet cuckold, but it sure helps!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Learn to spell 'wretched', anany-dickless

If you are going to attack something in two comments, misspelling the same word both times, it speaks volume to your lack of mental acuity.

new_readernew_readeralmost 10 years ago

I don't think I will ever get this concept of 'forgiving but not forgetting'. If you can't forget the shit done to you, if its always there in the back of your head as a reminder of all you've been through, how is it even possible to consider forgiving that someone who was responsible for all of it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

"Did you ever tell anyone that you were the one fucking around on me?" I asked, as Ann nodded no."

Just a pet peeve of mine. "Nodded her head no?" We nod our head yes. We SHAKE our head no...................

Ya know....

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
pet peeve 2

And then the writers say shake their head yes, when it should be nod.

Why does this matter?

Every time a reader must stop and figure out what the writer means it breaks the flow of the story for the reader, which makes the story less enjoyable.

Some writers do not care, they claim to write for their own enjoyment.

If you care so little for your readers maybe you should keep your stories on your own computer.

Simply putting words on paper or a screen is not being a writer.

This is a good story, with more care it would be a great story.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Inconsistent

I agree with the comment re her lovers sexual prowess, where she said the sex was so good she couldn't give it up but earlier said yes he had a bigger dick but didn't know how to use it (must be bad as she took 3 years to train him). Can't be both.

And as for the children, yes, if they were kids they could be forgiven, but they were old enough to understand that their mother had cheated on and abandoned their father, yet supported her, and disregarded his feelings. They deserve his contempt.

kdcee79kdcee79almost 10 years ago
Not good Steve

Well you certainly let yourself down with this tripe. Plot .. average, characterisation .. poor, spelling .. abysmal, grammar .. poor, overall enjoyment.. poor. 2 **

kdcee79kdcee79almost 10 years ago
What's the difference between 2009 & 2014

Well in 2009 many commenters thought this story was great & gave it 5 ***** but more recently people have been more realistic & have belittled this tale. Quite right too, I thought this was below average.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Too much effort being bitter

I get the divorce, I don't get keeping it quiet and not telling everyone that she was a cheating whore fucking her boyfriend in your bed. Politics is an important part of life, perception and public image is what people know and believe. He should have buried her in it. Like many wars, divorce in not won in the field but in the hearts and minds of those involved. The human heart hates a betrayer, make sure everyone knows she has betrayed her husband and children. Do not change that equation and make the cheater sympathetic by attacking her. Do not forgive, stay neutral and let the facts speak for themselves. In the end the cheater will convict themselves and sentence themselves to a miserable life.

impo_58impo_58almost 10 years ago
Why 5 *?

5* just because he was the kind of man that never forget and forgive cheating and treason. He never got out of his way. Worst than a cheating wife are children that stab us in the back, choosing to be friends with the lover and betray their own father.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 9 years ago
Prenup!

As has been mentioned in so many stories if you are going to be married get a prenup signed before the ring makes more than a slight dent on her finger! If I was going to be married again you can damn well bet I would. I only wish to God I had before marrying my first wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What an asshole

5 years and still all that hate. What a jerk. He deserves to die alone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Very well written!

I very much enjoyed this story. It's realistic, it's funny, sad, happy, sexy...I think it's probably one of the best stories I've read on this site!

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
this

some things you just cant forgive. for his children to side against him, i would go to my grave without forgiving them.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

I enjoyed the story. I believe I'll go to your listings and read more of your work. BTB is are my thoughts (either bitch or bastard). Good writing. Only saw one spelling error - suite instead of suit, but corrected a couple of paragraphs later. Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hate??

5 years!! With me it would have lasted for eternity!! Obviously the anon who wrote the 5 years bit is a cuckold/wimp!!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
that much anger and hatred

will eventually manifest itself in his body.

I am not an English major, but I am a curious reader. The many errors throughout this story really make it difficult to appreciate the work in the storyline. Any time you have to stop, go back, read a passage again, and try to figure out what was meant, it is more than annoying. The flow is lost.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Loser

Anyone with that much hatred is an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
that much hatred?

I disagree, he isnt an asshole.

His long term wife abandoned him. She left someone else into their bed, in their home.

His children abandoned him. They knew what their mother did and supported her.

She didnt want to marry him but did anyway? yeah right.

Then for extra fun she turned their friends against him.

Frankly I am surprised he didnt start laughing, dancing, and clapping in joy during the wake.

She was cruel, evil, and a vile piece of shit human being. Her kids were much the same.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
She got cheated on then died of cancer.

Boy, you can't beat a happy ending like that.

Seeker1107Seeker1107over 9 years ago
Once again karen calls it

She was right about the wife. The woman was a bitch. And his kids, as a parent I cannot fathom the depth of hurt it would take to step away from them. Now if they were just being nice and kept a relationship with their mother that would be one thing. But to actively support her choice to be unfaithful that would hurt on that same level.

So I can understand his forgiving the bitch after she was dead. All that it did was to close the door on a sad chapter of his life. And the kids can wait for that snowstorm in hell before he forgives them.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
for those not paying attention

About six years after the divorce his ex-wife has two grandchildren.

This provides plenty of evidence that the so-called children were old enough to be responsible for their own actions, old enough to know right from wrong.

By choosing to side with their cheating mother in the divorce they made themselves enemies of their biological father.

As adults they have the right to make their own decisions in life and to live with the consequences.

When an adult makes a bad decision they live with the result. (or die from it)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Boy did he have a lot of anger and hatred he carried around

I'm surprised he didn't die from a heart attack, given his stress levels. A couple of things bothered me. When Ann bought him and they went out, did he really drink 3 bottles of wine? Seems excessive and unlikely. And he seemed surprised she hadn't told any of their friends or family that she was the one that had cheated thereby causing their divorce. Really? He made it a bitter divorce that lasted 1 year and NONE of the family or their friends ever found out the circumstances? Again, seems unlikely. A man with the amount of anger he had would have done everything he could to make sure EVERYONE knew who was cheating, including his kids. And finally, aall these years later and he's still so mad that he yells at her in the Club, won't answer most of her e-mails and then won't answer the e-mails from his kids? What a nasty, bitter old man. I can't believe Rhonda can't see that fact. Too many implausible things for this story to be really good.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 9 years ago
I like Slirpuff but

Agree with last comments. This guy can never give Rhonda all of him while he still carries so much bitterness inside.

Also for a smart writer this is one of your worst edited stories

Went out and bought suites

Said my peace

Your cock suites me just fine

Couple of others I can't remember but it spoils the story.

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 9 years ago
Parttimereader and Slirpuff

Agreed with the editing. Has been much better in other stories. In this case it's:

Advice not advise. It was only correct a few times. Oh well. No worries, SP. You still manage to spin great tales. And some not so great. Editing aside.

Divorce is ugly for everyone. Seems it's always the husbands fault. My real only unanswered questions are what Ann told the friends to cut Dan out. There has to be something there for friends and family to turn against him. Kids? I'll never understand. It didn't detract from the story was just wondering if they were so shallow to not try to see both sides of the breakup.

calflashcalflashabout 9 years ago
sad tale

Well told sad tale of a guy who was made out to be the "bad guy" for years. It was nice to see he finally recovered.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
what does not fit

A long bitter ugly brutal divorce over her adultery.

Divorces are a matter of public record.

How could she spin it to where it was his fault and she was the innocent party?

How did she convince her adult children that she was in the right?

Only possible answer is that none of the "children" or "friends" see anything wrong with cheating or betrayal.

Having them no longer being a part of his life is no loss, good riddance to bad rubbish.

sdc97230sdc97230about 9 years ago
New love can't magically overcome old bitterness

The idea that he can only give Rhonda "all of himself" by coming to some kind of kumbaya huggy moment with Rhonda's kids who ceased to be his when they chose her over him, is nothing but a fantasy. Real peoples' feelings just don't work that way.

Having Rhonda in his life enabled him to go to Ann's funeral and express forgiveness rather than spitting on her the way he had once promised he would, and rather than sending her kids angry, hateful replies to their messages he is just ignoring them along with the rest of the pain in his past and going on with his life. That's how real peoples' feelings work.

impo_60impo_60about 9 years ago
A good story...

This is a good story...After having destroyed him, no way he would forgive her or the children in this life...Even the kids had to learn that we have to pay for our choices...4*

sugnasugnaabout 9 years ago
Read it again

1. She said the sex wasn't as good, then she said she kept cheating for the good sex? WTF?

2. No one knew about the cheating? Then why didn't he tell everyone? Holy fuck! That is the first thing to do - trash her!

3. I hope he made it clear to the kids before they went with her and he cut them off. Most kids would NOT pick the cheating parent.

4. I have met cheaters of all types and genders. They all have one trait in common - selfishness to the point of self destructiveness. They are all looking for the easy way, and they are all lazy. When one friend of mine caught his wife cheating we talked about his situation and both agreed that he was better off because now he had a good reason to divorce her. Her selfishness was not limited to cheating, it prevaded her whole life and was a drain on her husband. He was much happier having divorced her. His life improved after getting rid of her life draining selfishness.

5. Forgiveness always a good idea. Not for those that need to be forgiven, but for those that need to let go of an injury. Forgiveness does not mean acceptance. It does not mean a continuance of the relationship, or even any contact at all. In fact, it just means the old relationship is zeroed out and no longer exists. There is no need for a new relationship with a person of low character.

real69luvrreal69luvralmost 9 years ago
Fantastic

I loved it! Good story with a great ending. Keep up the good work

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
WHEN YOU HAD A BAD BEAT-DOWN

hold your head high and stride for the next quest. TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 9 years ago
You Know

I know that hatred. For me, however, it came after my wife died, having discovered her affairs posthumously. Maybe a stronger man than I can forgive, but never will we forget. In the tale out hero basically got his closure. The wife's new husband cheated, then she got sick and died, Awwww. Now the kids want to reconnect. Awwww to them too.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 9 years ago
slirpuff, you're the man...

A great story!

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
Yes, it was a good story

But it was so poorly written it was almost impossible to enjoy.

excellent concept.

Creative recovery on his part.

The remorse from her was too little, too late.

Wimpy, response from the children who were reported as chronologically adults, but didn't behave as such.

And throughout, he was so bitter I am surprised he didn't manifest a debilitating illness of his own.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Mmm 1*

Dan was a real piece of work. No wonder his children ignored him.

Writing too slangy for my taste and the main character far too bitter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a story hit home on target

I had to carefully show this to my brother and still convince my brother I had nothing to do with this story. Why? His wife and both son and daughter did the same thing. His ex-wife had an affair with a rich developer, his kids took to him because of his money and properties and travels, my brother was a working blue collar guy. sadly the daughter knew of the affair and felt it was a better trade up. The divorce went through she wanted nothing, the visitation was blocked by the kids because they wanted to spend more time with the new stepdad, He in turn showered them with gifts and their own first cars, sports cars to be exact. My brother never got a Christmas card or birthday card or any acknowledgement from his kids. When the daughter was getting married, 12 years after the painful divorce the daughter felt my brother should be entitled to walk her down the isle. He spent a week with me pondering, owning a ranch with a nice tree line in my back pasture and my advice helped. I told my brother to respond "what daughter, I want a DNA test" since my divorce from a cheater/adulterer I have no children, nobody has ever approached me. and to my credit my brother sent that letter back. My brother was in the hospital 4 times with four different surgeries and 1 bad traffic accident due to a drunk driver, I personally left message concerning his condition, my wife and parents held vigils at his bed side each time. Know how many visits any of this children or his ex made? NONE. Are people really that selfish and materialistic? In my own witness YES. I wish it was an isolated case but its not. My brother never attended the wedding and the stepdad actually came to my ranch where my brother resides and actually with the stepdad HOME WRECKERS attitude he learned real fast what the sound of a shotgun sounds like and the working end too. We never heard from them again. True personal story and yes these stories do reflect personal lives some right on the mark.. 5 stars thanks for posting

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good story but disturbing

I liked your story. Always good to read a story of the guy not being destroyed by the cheating wife.

But

A real man does not abandon his kids ever . And for that part of the story made it uncomfortable to read.

Good writing to bring out that emotion though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Problem

An interesting, well developed story of unfaithfulness and deception with the spouse (husband) trying to move on. The one major issue is the children. They played virtually no role in the story and that, regardless of the scenario, diminished the level and pseudo-reality of the story.

Tiny Tim

texcavemantexcavemanover 8 years ago
I support Dan

I got the impression his children were far from adolescent age and most likely late high school to college age.

i also got the impression this happened in the 21st century and more than likely they were well versed in how to email on computer and also utilize cell phone to contact dear old dad. Why didn't they ever feel the need to help him in his time of hardship? They all 3 felt the need to support their loving mom and her flashy new man.

He didn't abandon them, they made the choice to ignore him. They made young but selfish adult decision without ever contact a dad that appears to live in same city.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I guess most of you can't read

Dan didn't abandon anyone, the kids choose mom's new man. They weren't babies, toddler or early teens. Hell a few years later that had kids themselves. The Ex was only married three years to the new husband. So they have to leave with the choice they made.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous