All Comments on 'The Price of Forgiveness'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 407 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
To err is human. To forgive Divine.

All of that hate tied up inside. A well written story, but I'm not sure that it would not have been better if he'd forgiven her in life, and thus the moral would have been realized and thus communicated to the reader.

JounarJounarover 8 years ago

re - To err is human. To forgive Divine.

Ann didn't deserve forgiveness because she never once did the right thing. She never admitted any wrong doing and let everyone they knew, think her husband was at fault and destroyed her marriage and family for a sleazy fuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
good

but needs editing. 4*

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000over 8 years ago
Great!

He forgave her on his terms, when it was important to him, not the other way around!

500 stars!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another emotional cripple.

That seems to be one of your favorite issues to write about. He just wasn't much of a man. And this certainly wasn't fun to read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love and hate

Are not opposites. The opposite of love AND hate is indifference.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Slirpstang :))

I think the protagonist's transformation was a little bit pat. Everything started falling into place somewhat too neatly; rather like a StangStar story.

She was a rotten rat, though, that's for sure. But the story would have felt more satisfying for me if she herself had been fleshed out a bit. The kids, too. What, they just dump Daddy Lock Stock and Barrel? It needs more explanation. But I DID only read it once, so maybe I missed something.

But why the hell did he go out with her? To hear her sob story? Fuck her. Why did he let her draw him into anything at all? When she said "you're bitter", he should have slapped her really hard and walked out.

Also: Quite a few stories have had a spouse dying of cancer like this: "Doctor says I have a year to live". As a plot device, that just doesn't wash anymore. It's really kind of stupid to me. But because we have ZERO health freedom in the US, people just let their doctors kill them with Chemo and Radiology. People all over the world are curing cancers, even late stage, by programs of body cleansing, juicing regimens and targeted supplementation. The sheeple in the US love to hate hearing this, but it is true none the less. The criminals in the AMA have actually made it illegal for a doctor to use anything but drugs and surgery. Iatrogenic deaths in the US are up around 400,000 by last count (that's when your doctor kills you, mostly because he doesn't know shit about nutrition or stress management, and he does only what the AMA tells him to do instead of opening up a book and working with other medical professionals to develop a safe, effective treatment), so why trust their methodologies? Broken legs are one thing, but cancers we mainly give ourselves one day at a time. They can be cured, despite what the AMA/doctors say.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
EDITING!

“I checked the next day on line and say that I'd one $28,000.00” – and SAW that I’d WON!

“that peaked their interest." – PIQUED their interest!

“they're not coming out of the wood work” – Woodwork in this usage is one word.

“bought five new out fits” – Again, outfits is one word.

“I wasn't vane enough” – It’s VAIN!

The paragraph about his dancing should have a close quote after “all comers”, since that is the end of what she said.

“’The lady knew her stuff,’ I said as we headed back to my place and her car” – If you’re talking about her in the third person, as the quote implies, it should be “I thought”. If you SAID it, it would have been to her, and the quote should be: “You know your stuff.”

“going no where: - Once AGAIN, nowhere is one word.

“they all told me to tell you that they still loved you," – And they can’t dial a phone or send and Email or text?

“another friend on the fund raiser community” – I think you must men “committee”?

There were more, I got tired!

BesoinNormal69BesoinNormal69about 8 years ago
Kids

Good story, but it's hard to believe that a great father, as he was described, would disown his kids because they unjustly thought he was too harsh on the mother. We would need to hear more about how the kids and apparently the rest of the family fucked him over to feel justification in disowning his children.

Great work. I enjoyed it

nancyharpman17nancyharpman17about 8 years ago
GET AN EDITOR!!!

Your spelling was worse than a fourth grade student. You need grammatical and punctuation help. Your story though was top notch. No complaints in that area. But, please, get an editor.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
The Kids

I re-read this one again and I thought about the kids and their decision to side with their cheating mother. Most kids in their teens and up would clearly understand the evil of cheating. Teens tend to be even more black and white about it than adults. So, for them not to side with their father means they probably didn't like him very much or they had been coerced by others. In this case, it is clear that his cheating slut dead wife had lied to many about the reasons for divorce, it is his fault for not letting everyone know what she had done and fighting for the kids by destroying her reputation and giving the kids all the facts and making them chose him or her in light of those facts. In any case, while kids may be a joy, they are also a burden, even adult kids. If they are not a joy, then they are just a burden. It is that simple. How could he be proud of those betrayers, defectors, turncoats? Why would he want their burden on him again? His ex was stupid, as most cheaters are, so stupid that she never realized that as she faced death she could make amends by admitting that she was a fuck up to all, admitting that she had cheated, destroyed the family, and gravely wounded her husband, she could have left her husband everything in her will with the one final request that he sit down and talk to his children once a month for a year to see if there was any way he could make peace with them and accept the burden of children again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
It's true

Your spelling, punctuation and grammar does require a little work.

Also, there are times when some of your characters appear incredibly stupid and totally unbelievable.

You obviously have a talent for story telling and I'm pretty sure you derive great pleasure from it.

So keep writing !!!

If it wasn't for people like you then this site simply wouldn't exist.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Emotions

There are a lot of whiners complaining about spelling, etc, but I never see their stories. Hmmmm. The emotions the protagonist exhibits seem real. I have a couple a friends who have been divorced for decades and they are still bitter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
The kids were never told she cheated.

She lied to everyone. Because of that, i have zero sympathy for his pissy attitude toward his kids for taking "her side" What a stupid asshole. As a kid, I had to deal with making nice with step family on both sides. His desire to weaponize his kids is s hitty.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Muphry's Law

Look it up. It exists. No, not Murphy. Muphry.

Anonymous wrote, "Your spelling, punctuation and grammar does require a little work."

But I did like the fairy tale Slirpuff wrote.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sad

Just Sad

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
He loses the high ground with how he treated the children.

He should have made it very clear they were raised by a lying cheating self-centered slut. It would have made a lot of their childhood memories with their mother make more sense now, and give them the incentive and justification to dump the baggage she burdened them with. But their father left them in ignorance and uncertainty, and now he abandons with with a vengeance toward them that they don't understand. And who's fault is that? Both he and Ann deserve what they suffered.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
children?

These were not toddlers still in diapers, these were teens or young adults.

They knew about the other man and chose him over their own father.

I would have insisted on a DNA test, if nothing else to make the point of it.

sdc97230sdc97230over 7 years ago
Implausible

How does a divorce go on for a year, get ugly AND result in the husband getting a 60/40 split of assets in his favor without the wife's infidelity ever being exposed? No way the kids never found out.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Not bad.

Could have gone longer. This was interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nasty

What a bitter, hateful fuck. No wonder she left him; that much rottenness runs all the way to the bone. He would have been a horror to be married to. Her cheating wouldn't have made him who he was, it just gave him a focus.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 7 years ago
re: Nasty

And what his ex-wife, the virgin mother. WoW! This is one of the few Slirpuff stories that are cuckold riddled.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story but missing something

He should've gotten a pound and a half of flesh from the ex wife's lover

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To Anony 12/30:

It seems that the bitch's new hubby cheating on her, brought about a "circle of cheating" thing, so that bitch could feel pretty much what she did to hubby #1. Like they say: karma is a bitch, and then you marry one. She should know, after all, she WAS the bitch that started it. So, he became an instrument (unknowingly) of hubby's revenge.

Scales--balanced (well...almost, but what was left was not worth dirtying hubby's hands on the dickhead. Let some other abused husband do that for him).

The other part of his revenge came from karma/God himself with the cancer.

The best revenge is a life well lived, and that's what happened here.

At some point during the divorce, I'm sure he told her to, "Eat shit and die!" She did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good

For him. Betrayal will do that. He forgave her in the end and found happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What a bunch of dummy commenters!

His kids didn't care why their mother divorcing their father. They told him to get over it. It didn't matter to the kids why they divorced. There are so many divorces in the USA that it appears to be a normal thing to the kids. The kids didn't care about their father so why should he care about them. So you complaining commenters get stuffed!

The wife was a bitch. She was fucking the lover because he was better than her husband in bed. She lied to her husband about that to try and get him back! She finally realized she screwed up after she found out she had cancer. That is the real reason her lover found someone new and left he. She wanted her husband to comfort her during her last months on this earth. She was a selfish bitch. He should have pissed on her grave when no one was around!

GoodhueGoodhueabout 7 years ago
From Bittersweet to Sad

Yes,the ex-wife was a bitch but,his kids didn't cheat on him. Yes,they accepted their mother's new boyfriend/later her husband but their mother had not hurt them ,at least in their perception the way she had their father. It seems that he went nuclear in his attitude as soon as the cheating was discovered. He could have chosen to maintain a relationship with his kids.He didn't. He cut off his nose to spite his face.

As much as his wife hurt him,when he discovered that she had less than a year to live,he could have been at least civil.Would it have really hurt to at least return a few e-mails? Maybe he thought he had good reason to cut her off in her final year,and continue to disown his kids but,in reality he was only hurting himself.Too bad Rhonda couldn't have helped him with that. The first 24 years of his marriage and many good memories should have counted for something in his mind. Didn't much care for him at all as the story closed. An angry,sad man!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Mean spirited

I believe these stories bring out the truth from commenters. People who attack the husband's behavior are part of that fucked up class of people who have no moral compass and feel that everything done by a woman and children should be above reproach and forgiven. Fuck u and i hope you go through what this character has

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
There are a number of religious people who keep saying that he should forgive his wife!

What a bunch of religious hypocrites. These are the same religious hypocrites who voted for Trump-care! Now 24 million poor poeple won't have medical insurance due to Republican stupidity. These religious elites sure don't read their bibles where Jesus states that we should look after the poor as good works in God's name. Also they want him to forgive his children who deserted him in his hour of need.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
More true than not

Does this reaction happen? Yes, absolutely. I've seen it happen with an uncle. He hated my aunt to the day he died. He also cut off ties with his kids to the point of filing legal paperwork so that there was no way they got anything from him or his estate when he died. So yes, I find that this story is very plausible. Personally, I didn't agree with him, but I'm not him. At the same time, all these comments about what he should have done is just plain stupid. First, it's just a story. Second, when it happens to you, you can do whatever you want and every one can then judge you.

To the author, thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A sad and bitter tale. 2*

He made her betrayal worse by his hate; not a very likable character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
No problem with how he treated the ex.

Major issues with how he dealt with, and continues to deal with, the kids.

cruisin1978cruisin1978about 7 years ago
You Really Need A Better Proofreader

Enjoyed the story. But the mistakes detract. Need to get someone other than Wolf Vixen to proofread. Example: One $28,000 or won $28,000? Picked out three new suites or suits?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
3 bottles of wine …

… and then drove?!?

Plenty of stories here that involve drunk drivers killing parents etc - nothing nice said about the drunk, so why is it acceptable for the protagonist to drink and drive?

Just a pet peeve of mine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
annoying

major issues with how his kids dealt with him and continue to deal with him .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
You are a terrible writer, dude

The story was decent, but damn! How badly can you fuck up the words?

"Three new suites." Hotel suites or condo?

"I wasn’t vane enough." He's up on top of the barn showing which way the wind is blowing?

"Ann nodded no." You don't nod no. You nod yes.

"...thank you enough for the advise." That's advice, not advise."

"...unless your into sharing." Your, is belonging to you. You're is the contraction for you are.

Those are just the few I remembered. Jesus, man, get a decent editor. Proof yourself once in a while, something.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
2* You and Wolf Vixen Suck at Editing

Try to get a 3rd Grader to edit your crap. Wolf Vixen is as bad as you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

"Yes Tim had a bigger cock as you call it, but he didn't know how to use it. It took me three years to teach him but by then he was gone."

About a minute later:

" "At that point I was just screwing around because the sex was too good to pass up."

She can't even keep her bullshit story straight through one conversation.

networkgurunetworkgurualmost 7 years ago
Glad this is fiction

Your own kids wouldn't have been sucking up to the interloper that broke their parents up like that. And you wouldn't have written them off so quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Just so's you'll know...

... it's piqued not peaked; and it's suit not suite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
only men with actual balls

have a courage to take revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Intriguing story – I would have liked more.

What a bitch. The way I read it, Ann did not admit it was her fault. Which may have helped Dan with what was going on.

Some persons cannot let hate go, if you understand personal nature. Dan seems to be one such, it was not his fault he had excrement dumped on him and he seemed to be blamed, if his wife did it once, once too much, bitch. She just did not want to blame herself, which again made it worse. Risk v consequence. She too the risk he suffered the consequence because she would not. It took close questioning in their final meeting for her to finally admit to her failings. Too little too late. Had she done that at the start it may have gone differently.

As said, I can fully understand why he felt like he did as no one would listen to him or even try to understand his side of the problem as there are always two sides. The children could have gone to him at any time even if they stayed neutral, but by the seems of it, no………….

Just to give a heads up on the criticism re the English or the American grammar that a lot have been giving. I am severally dyslexic – get a life, only academics say this and they know little. Why, my wife says so and she has a Masters in Education and is a teacher (Cert Ed) and a teacher trainer. As long as I can understand it, its good enough for me. Just so you know, I do have a PGC- cant spell or even read my own hand writing, even at nearly 60.

I am sure I will get criticised for putting this. So be it……….. Oh and my wife can spell and teaches grammar, English etc. She just does not like academics, most of who are up their own rectums.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Intriguing yes, but...

This is a complete story as is. It is not about Ann; it is certainly not about her kids. There are no plot threads to be plucked or pulled. This is one of Slirpuff's best and should be able to stand alone. My opinion, of course. 5 stars. JPR

oldpoet451oldpoet451over 6 years ago
networkguru you don't know what you're talking about

by networkguru

07/26/17

Glad this is fiction: Your own kids wouldn't have been sucking up to the interloper that broke their parents up like that. And you wouldn't have written them off so quickly.

Wanna bet asshole? Happens all to often. When my brother's wife left him they took her side even though she left him for an ass that she worked with. The rest of my family AND me cut his kids out of family gatherings because they immediately sucked up to the prick. She didn't die from cancer, but her kids were never invited to another family gathering. And yes, the new hubby cheated on her within a year and left taking all of her cash and jewelry. KARMA's a bitch!

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 6 years ago
interesting

Not heart warming, to say the least but not really a BTB either. But it certainly was a good read and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
He Should Not Have Gone Alone

Rhonda should have gone to the wake with him to support him and to show those who were there 'Look who I married', Ann you are history in more sense than one, now rot in peace.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Lost one star...

because he kept on communicating with the bitch that stole his life! Why talk to her after all she did but not his kids?

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 6 years ago
Hell of a thing...

... To be able to have more trust toward a whore, even a high-classed one, then toward a woman you spend three decades with.

And yet, this story makes such a situation quite plausible.

I applaud Dan's every single decision, in this story: him going nuclear during his divorce; cutting out people who didn't fully support him during the worst time in his life, HER kids included; paying escorts to get some action, 'cause why suffer from blue balls if you have the ressource to prevent it; pursuing a relationship with Rhonda, because, yeah, a beautiful and very successful prostitue got more importunity to get stranges than a normal housewife, so, if she's into him, it's because of HIM, and therefore wouldn't dream of screwing up the coupling by cheating (crazy, but it makes sense!); giving a brutal piece of his mind to Ann, 'cause, regardless of the cancer, she fully deserved it; not forgiving her before her passing - again, fully deserved; and yeah, finally forgiving her at her wake, 'cause, ultimately, carrying this kind of hatred for the rest of his life, when he has so much to live for... not healthy. Not worth it.

As for HER kids... I haven't read anything, in this story, subjecting any of them were the least bit serious about repairing their relationship with their father. They obviously fucked up by backing up their mom (seriously, if you're a grown individual, and cannot act as Switzerland during your parents' divorce... you deserved to lose the one you're not caring too much about), yet don't seemed to do much to get back in his life. Why did they need Ann to relay to their father how much they miss him and love him - why couldn't they do it themselves (by the way, using their mom, the person Dan probably hate the most on Earth, do to such a task... kinda defeat the purpose of it all, no?) Why couldn't they show up to his home, his work, his gym, ANYWHERE, and let him know, face-to-face, how much they screw up and want forgiveness? Hell, I don't even know how Dan managed to walk in and out of Ann's funeral without one of them at least trying to tackle in to the ground, to make sure they could start a conversation! But not those kids - why talk to your dad mano-to-nino when you can sent them emails instead? Something tells me Dan has raised a bunch of cowards...

In any case, I fully support every action taken by the main character in this story. His wife's betrayal didn't destroyed him - it ultimately forced him to become a better person, someone people look up to, and, really, bettered his life. This is the type of response to separation too many folks don't usually take - it's so easy to let the hate and bitterness consume your whole existence, when there's so many great things they could be doing instead. Want to hate the ex? Go right ahead - it's definitely your prerogative. Want to have the people who backed your ex out of your life? Makes perfect sense in my book. But don't wallow in self-pity for what you lost; try to see what you can gain out of this new, unexpected future you happen to stumble into.

Nice lesson from this author. Love this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
BEAUTIFUL TO SEE A FULL RECOVERY...

Here is a man who did what a real man would do, cut the gangrene out of his life. The cheating bitch of an ex-wife who vilified him in the eyes of friend and family and HER children needed to go and that's what a man of character, strength and fortitude would do.

The only proble I have with the story is that he would communicate with the whorein any way after the auction.

timrivtimrivabout 6 years ago

If it were me I would have told the ex that if she wanted my forgiveness she to contact everyone we knew including neighbors, friends, the kids etc. and inform them that she was the cheater and make sure they all knew that the breakup was entirely her fault and that I was totally innocent and was the perfect husband and father. Plus she would have to get them all together at one location and do it in front of me. That would allow me to tell them all what I thought of their actions towards me. Then walk away.

jrphdojrphdoabout 6 years ago

Not bad, think I would have fought for the kids more. Glad Dan ended up doing so well.Felt a little sorry for Ann, not just because she was dying but that she finally GOT IT, just too late.

jharpjharpabout 6 years ago

Wow...just spectacular here. I salute you. He was a hell or a man and he got his pound of flesh and filled the hole in his life. I'd only say this story is half finished though. We need resolution with her kids. Also maybe get some revenge on loverboy. But damn if he wasn't a real man who did the right thing in this story. Where can I find more like this?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good story

But I would sure like to see a follow-up with the asshole she was fucking. It was a good to deal with her and he didn't back off of his position. Maybe find that he's married again and a few pictures (made up or real - doesn't matter) of him screwing around. Maybe with a local mob bosses wife. That would be the gift that keeps on giving.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
When My Wife And I Divorced

The. courts awarded full custody of our son to my cheating wife, because I had moved three states away...and later halfway across the United States. At some point I even moved overseas before returning to the States. Eventually she moved in ( not married) another man. Our son chose to stay with his mom and her live-in lover. He continued to live with the man even when cancer claimed his mother before he graduated high school. He tells my grandchildren that the other man is their grandfather. I am treated like a leper. So, to me, he is not my son and I have no grandchildren.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotalmost 6 years ago
Wife?

Why do all this cheating wife stories have to end like this? The wronged hubby ends up with more money then he can spend in two lifetimes, Plus he gets a much younger thing that will never cheat on him. While the wife ends up either dead or alone and sometimes destitute and literaly begging in the streets. In real life. If you think fifty is hard to find somebody, try at sixty five. When my late wife died we were still together, I had forgiven her for her indiscretions, however I was left broke. Eight years later I'm still broke and single and no prospects in sight. Not much to live for. The only thing I would like is for you guys writing this stories is to try to make them belivable. I know it fiction, but even fiction can be made good.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago
@timriv

That was a great comment... and Ann would have probably done it as she was desperate for forgiveness. Having his reputation restored and leaving all the people who turned on him unjustly with feelings of guilt would have been fitting.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago
Great story!

I thought the story was fantastic and made for a very compelling read. The poor husband getting dumped on by his slut wife and then abandoned by the kids who chose her piece-of-shit lover over him... yeah he did the right thing cutting them loose.

Oh, and this line of dialogue was excellent:

"You made your bed and now you can die in it"

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
@Anonymous 06/07/17 Re: "Tim"

I was going to say the same thing! First, it took her three years to train Tim, then the sex was too good to pass up!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Late Thoughts

"All they were trying to do is to be nice to him for my sake" - We're not given the back story, but she never denied that the kids chose Tim over him, not that they were just being "nice" to him. She said that she never told anyone, I assume including the kids, that SHE was the cheater. Maybe if she had, the kids would have chosen differently.

I find it interesting that now that their mother is dead, and step-dad is long gone, that NOW they're reaching out to Dan! Surely over the past year, maybe even as soon as Tim left, she told them the truth, and they STILL didn't reach out to him?

Frankly, I would have taken Rhonda to the wake, let all the disloyal friends and family see how much he upgraded!

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Oh Man!

Selfish Prick! ★☆ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Words

Please learn that just because a word sounds the same it means the same.

ojalalalaojalalalaalmost 6 years ago
The kids chose the other guy because...

Anne never told them the truth about why they broke up. They didn't know that she cheated on him and in their marriage bed no less, and who would think that she'd do such a thing and then move her the scum that she cheated with into the house that her husband worked his ass off for? No, not upstanding, loving wife Ann! No, not upstanding, loving wife Ann! Her husband the non-entity must have messed up, not Ann!

She lied by hiding the truth and kept her social standing, family image, children's love and respect – all externals. Her internals were slimy, disgusting and filthy with lying with letting them hate him so they wouldn't hate her. Likely she died a liar, not wanting to be remembered for what she did, selfish and self-focused to the end.

Now, “her” kids kept writing to him. He might respond to them all once by telling them to contact their former step-father and find out from him how he and their mother got together. When they know the truth, he might possibly see them when they figured out and could explain why none of them trusted their father, why none offered him support as they supported their mother during the breakup, and why none of them asked him why he was alone and their mother moved a man into the house their father built them. Until then, he will have no further communication with any of them under any conditions – hope no one needs an organ donation!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Not an asshole? Think again

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
They ALL made their bed.....

So now they can lay in them....AHOAA....!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Ann is the whore of the story

He did things right. His ex wife was nothing more than a whore. She cheated and lied about it. Her kids were nearly as bad. Typical I would say. They all spit on him and did their best to hurt him. In the end they all got what they deserved. The escort showed Dan real live and he showed her respect. Ann just wanted him to make her feel good. Glad she died I forgiven. Fuck the kids too

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
don't feel bad for the kids

they were young and impressionability, that's true. but there is usually a familial bond of loyalty towards your mother and father.

the children may have been an after-thought, but they never once made an effort to fight for, defend, or question their father. that's a huge range of normal reactions that merit communication. they latched onto an easy narrative, made his the scapegoat for their angst, and he paid for it all alone and broken.

now they are grown ass adults. they can't hide behind angst and innocence. they would need to beg for forgiveness or closure. he raised them and even paid for them while they abandoned him. he doesn't owe them a single neutral word. i don't even think they have anything of value to offer him. and i think he'd see it that way too. childish adults seeking to salve their own guilt, once again being selfish. just like the ex.wife. she died alone and broken. probably with the knowledge that he'd long ago moved on in every conceivable way from her except one thing....a clear wariness and contempt of who she truly is/was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well that was good and bad

The good part is that it was entertaining. He got screwed, got right, met Rhoda and looks to live a good life in the time he has remaining. His ex-wife dying is just a bonus. The bad part was the retained anger towards both his ex-wife and his kids. And it wasn't just a little anger. I mean years later he's in a towering rage talking to her in person and makes it clear he doesn't want to ever talk to her in person going forward. That's a lot of hate to carry around. And his cutting the kids off seemed short sighted. They're kids. They made mistakes. But to ignore them for the rest of their lives just seems to perpetuate his anger and loss. I'm not sure if I'm in Rhonda's position I marry a man with that much anger. The bad outweighed the good in this moralistic tale. One other thing bothered me. When he's talking to his ex he mentions the fact that she probably never told anyone she was cheating. He divorced her. Why wouldn't he tell EVERYONE that she cheated? Her family, her friends, their friends and especially their kids? That seemed like a bone-headed mistake.

weathermanksweathermanksover 5 years ago
SAD!

Too, too, too sad, Too Bad,

c24jc24jover 5 years ago
The problems

He still was hung up on his ex . . . Rhonda knew it, and that's why she wanted him to get closure. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference. He was full of hatred for her because he really hadn't let go.

His treatment of his kids was bad. AS WRITTEN, they don't seem to have known their mother did something wrong until at the funeral he said he forgave her. At that point maybe the kids and her friends finally started to put two and two together.

So bottom line, he was a stubborn prick who never really moved on until the funeral. He never really cared about his kids. He didn't love them half as much as he loved his own sense of self-righteous indignation. Ann was a selfish coward, who never really took action to make things right. His poor kids were misled and confused. Rhonda was the only decent one here. She was a saint.

We don't know if he told people why they divorced . . . it sounds like he didn't, which doesn't make much sense . . . Maybe it was a mixed-up honor/stubborness thing, I'm not sure. But by placing blame on the kids, without finding out what they believed, he proved to be just as big a coward as his ex, and unlike her, a negligent parent to boot. And if he also didn't say anything, the kids were probably pretty confused, and only had their mother's word to go on. He's too self-centered to see this, which to my mind, makes him a lot like Ann. At least she did what she could to keep the kids, even if those actions were selfish and dishonorable. No real communication or growth. This was truly a tragedy. Nicely written though, it kept my interest the second time around even.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 5 years ago
Good story

Enjoyed the read but would like to read a reconciliation with the kids.

notredame43notredame43over 5 years ago
she got what she deserved

Not one ounce of regret except that she didnt get what she wanted from her fuck buddy and then tries to guilt him. The kids, well sorry but unless they were little no excuse there. CJ he wasnt a coward in my opinion he said ok you throw in with them well fuck off. i cant blame him if thats how it would have been fleshed out. She was a piece of shit and only wanted to get forgiven which she didnt deserve, she had buyers remorse nothing else.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Cold as.ice

He was cold as ice, but she deserved no more after the way he was treated. What kids?

MbgdallasMbgdallasover 5 years ago
Absolute Ass.

Sorry to say he is a part of the human race. Just a piece of trash in reality.

No wonder he ended up with a whore. She realized she was getting too old to continue and needed some one to take care of her.

Wow. Self centered ass who never had an ounce of love for his wife or kids.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
Hard edged but good

Each followed their own yellow brick road. His started rough. Her's ended rough.

Good tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
WOW mbgdallas...

I don't know what story you read but go back and read this one again. Never loved his wife and kids??? That's all he did. They were his life and entire world. Right up to the time he found his wife was screwing some asshole and his kids dumped him for the new guy. So, what's he supposed to do? "Don't worry honey. All is forgiven. Go ahead and screw Mr big dick and be happy. And kids, make sure you're nice to him so your mom will feel good about herself and how she fucked me and our family over. You don't have to be nice to me anymore as long as your mom's cheating cunt is getting plugged on a regular basis."

Well, fuck you big shot dallas and the sanctimonious horse you rode in on. He had every right to do everything he did and more. Not only was she fucking the asshole for 6 months but in his own bed. He deserved the retribution he got and more. I would have made fucking with the assholes life my full time hobby. I'd take some of the lottery money and hire someone to change Mr big dicks nickname to stubby. Maybe helping him find continues unemployment as a lot in life and then supplying him with just enough drugs to make them his new best friend. A prick like that deserves everything you can provide for his sorry ass.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 5 years ago
Agreed

MBg clearly didn't read the story. Apparently skimmed it

rfnks2002rfnks2002over 5 years ago

Mbgdallas , I think you must be one who cheated got caught either dipping your wick, or spreading your legs let someone other then you spouse dip their wick in you. Either way cheaters can change. But when they tell lies then turn family and friends against the one that didn't stray you no longer get any sympathy for any thing. You have become the lowest piece of low life their is. If your lucky you might get some forgiveness but when the truth comes out no one will forget your the cheat and a lair that no one can trust. Better make piece with your maker. Pray he's not to hard on your worthless ass. Cause only GOD will save your worthless soul.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Which

She told Dan it took here three years to train Tim how to use his cock,then later on when explaining the affair she says the sex was too good to pass up.Which one is it ,they can't both be right?.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 5 years ago

It was an good read just would of been better with a proper ending to the kids, as he sound of reconciled with them to some degree at least.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
No redeeming quality

I can’t even find anything that would redeem the cheating wife. Sure she was dying but that has nothing to do with her road to redemption. I didn’t even saw any sign that the cheating wife set any record straight. From the looks of the funeral, it seems she died leaving the people around her thinking she was wronged by her husband.

-chuck

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
All of Them

Fuck her, the horse she rode in on and the dog that walked beside her. I didn't forget the kids either. Signed: BTW

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Anonymous 2/6 your right my big complaint big cock no good great sex

Other problem gave great advice at work on marriage but lost his own and having a hard time finding decent dates

2 stars as contradiction too big as pertinent to story

Big cock but took her 3 years to teach him how to use it Vs great sex

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Reread

Another great story to read again. Ann and her kids treated him like dirt. Treated him like he was dead, and now she's dying and wants forgiveness. No way, for her or the children. Mgbdallas is a total ass. He is Timriv without the occasional lucid comment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I'm confused. Ann said she couldn't pass up the great sex during her affair, but she also stated he had no clue on how to use his cock and please her. She stated it took 3 years to teach him. So, which is it? He sucked in bed? He was awesome in bed?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
3 stars

Was good up till he said she could send him emails. Why?

At that point you changed the main character with no reason or explanation.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
the thing that got me

is she took her secret to the grave selfish even while dying of cancer. there wasnt even any mention of her deathbed confession and/or a will confession telling everyone she was the betrayer the home wrecker. owell at least he ended up with a happy life in the end

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Despite all the...

...inconsistencies and about 50 spelling/wrong word errata, this author is one hell of a storyteller. 4 stars.

KayaknhKayaknhover 4 years ago
One of my favorites

Not only is the story well crafted But it is believable. The characters are well done. You can feel almost taste his bitterness.

The hooker with a heart of gold is old but done well here.

What I love most is he stands his ground. So many LW husbands ar e complete wimps. But not our hero. He stays true to his anger and deserved sense of injustice.

No caving in. No absolution. No reconciliation.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks for writing.

chuckysmariachuckysmariaover 4 years ago
did she even made any effort?

I find her attempt to seek forgiveness hollow. the mere fact that she hasn’t even told her children the truth about the divorce before she confronted her husband shows she’s not really sorry but merely trying to numb the guilt. From the reaction of the guest in the wake hints she died with the secret.

That’s why i symphatize with the guy in his bitterness. the woman wasn’t sorry for the affair, she was sorry she was caught and she was sorry that her lover wasn’t really much other than a fuck buddy.

there was no attempt to make things right (and no saying I’m sorry is hollow if not backed by action). heck she was seeking forgiveness because the grim reaper is coming. that nt an act of contrition but instead she’s hedging her bet.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Really good and believable story

Can understand his dislike of his ex-wife and children. They handed him a crappy deal and there are no do overs. I'm not sure why the ex sought him out, just to say she was sorry? A lot late for that. Wouldn't give a dime for her or the kids.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

Just read this one again and still thoroughly enjoyed it.

I liked the way he absolutely refused to give Ann a shred of forgiveness while she was alive. Too many stories have the cuckolded husband act politely towards the ex when they meet years later and it's nauseating to read. Ann ripped his heart out and destroyed everything he'd worked for over 25 years... she deserved the agonising death fate dealt her.

You could really feel Ann's desperation to get him to reconcile with their kids now that she was dying. When he all but spit in her face, she was devastated... and finally started to understand the consequences of her cuntish actions. Just a beautiful self-inflicted BtB, where she suffers right until the bitter end.

Best of all, was Dan giving himself a makeover and finding happiness with Rhonda. He deserved to live a good life with her after everything he suffered from Ann and his disloyal children.

If it was me, I would have reached out to the kids though. It was important for them to know the truth about their mother and that they betrayed the one parent that had really loved them.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Second reading would give it 3 stars vs 2 I originally did

Still contradiction too big for more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Contradiction

So... She tells her ex-husband that the guy she cheated with didn't know how to use his big dick. That she spend 3 years teaching him...

Then she says this:

"At that point I was just screwing around because the sex was too good to pass up."

So which is it? Was the guy a poor lover, or was the sex too good to pass up?

Good way to describe an extremely selfish woman who can't ever be trusted, author! You really have the details down.

I do wish you had better punctuation, though. Some sentences I had to read several times to get the meaning.

MormonJackMormonJackalmost 4 years ago
Pretty good story!

But like Anonymous below, I too saw the contradiction and it was jarring. Hmmm, maybe it was intentional by Ann: a lie (not very good) that was exposed by a slip-up later in the conversation. Oh well.

I thought a lot about him not forgiving the kids. I wonder: if my kids chose the side of the cheating lover over me, would they be dead to me? Close call, but I would likely leave the door open for reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I like it!

It is a story that can make sense. You don't have to forgive someone just because they say :Oh, I'm sorry! Like that's suppose to make up for all the bad things she/he have done. The kids weren't 16y.o. and had the stupidity that came at that age, weren't a little surprised when all of a sudden their father is kicked out of the house, which i think he put most of the money in, and her mother's lover moves in?? If she wasn't dying and her lover wouldn't cheated on and left her, would she be still calling for forgiveness?? And what about her divorce from lover boy? Was it bitter, did she fought in that divorce? Have the kids try and reach to their father before their mother started therapy?? She cheated because she could, because she didn't cared about her husband, AND because she KNEW that the u.s. law take her side. I think that's the nr. 1 reason, there is NO PUNISHMENT for cheating(in marriage) in the court of law. A lot of the "civilised" countries adopted these type of laws.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Not

Not a bad storyHe found happiness with Rhonda and should stay happy by ignoring his children.They didn't want to know him whilst they still had their mother and unless Rhonda makes him he should stay away from them.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 4 years ago
Only so he can meet the grandkids

They didn't do anything wrong and probably need a positive influence since their parents were worthless.

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 4 years ago
Great Story

She thought the grass was greener, and found out that not only it wasn't greener, but it was brown and dying. As for the kids, I'm not sure on that. It could go either way - he could make up with them and enjoy grandchildren or he could ignore them. The only issue with ignoring them is whether or not that caused him problems or ate him up. The kids would have to live with the fact that they chose their cheating mom, and therefore terminated their relationship with their father - something that could be a regret for a lifetime.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
They are your children

You claim he didn't become an asshole, WRONG.

They are not just Ann's kids. They are his too and if they are fucked up that is just as much his fault.

Sorry, but no. He was treated badly by his wife but he still had an obligation and a connection to his children. It's fucked up yes but he is to blame as well.

And fuck the anonymous childless crowd and miserable sociopath men who want to bitch me out

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 4 years ago
We All Heal Differently

25 year marriage and 3 kids. I had the same. The kids were probably about 22, 19 and 16. Certainly the older two aren't "kids" in an age sense. They are offspring. When Ann cheated and filed for divorce and the older two offspring supported her. They betrayed their father. They took sides with a cheater and a predator against a blameless honest man who had loved and supported them all their lives.

At least two if not all three offspring were well beyond the age of reason. They knew right from wrong. They understood the concept of marital fidelity and still they betrayed their own father. Just as Ann did, they flushed him out of their lives like a piece of human waste.

I strongly differ with those who would admonish Dan for cutting all ties with his offspring. He owes them nothing.

One form of healing is to isolate yourself from the source of the injury. I am amazed that some readers cannot understand that Dan's children's betrayal represents a source of deep, excruciating emotional pain to him. Severing ties and maintaining complete separation is Dan's way of distancing himself from the source of his pain.

Readers seem to forget that this story is taking place 5 or more years after the betrayal. Where were the "kids" during this time? Did they attempt to mend fences?

They have their own children now. Was he invited to the weddings? Christenings?

So now Ann is dead and they want to have a "relationship"? Those five years of ignoring him could only have deepened Dan's sense of rejection.

He's over it now. He's moved on. He's found a love and she's his life now. Rhonda should be his focus.

The kids are only BAD memories. Trying to revive a relationship will only dredge up a lot of ugly memories. I think Dan should let sleeping dogs lie.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous