All Comments on 'The Pub'

by mondliecht57

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Kanga40Kanga40about 20 years ago
Dear Canada Goose

NOT frenglish.

I read the story over again, and also ran "find" on it.

I could not find the word 'blame' anywhere.

I didn't see it as a theme in this story.

Upon which story, specifically, were you commenting?

As a second or third story from this author it is a good and improving effort.

But then, you might expect me to say that.

It's always nice to criticise under the cloak of anonymity. Seems the courageous method, huh?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
Kanga, thanks for the heads-up

Okay some, but not many grammatical errors. I think Canada was being a little harsh.

The story was indeed interesting. I believe it was a short story that was meant to be short. The author gave me all the information about the leading character that I needed to know.

Good job.

cookiejarcookiejarabout 20 years ago
Very short...

I would have liked this much better if it was longer and had more detail. The man's bitterness comes off very unsympathetic, fleshing out the story would have helped.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
This story cries out for more depth

Mind you, it's well developed as a short story, giving the bare minimum of detail necessary to create an approximate atmosphere. However, if Mondliecht decides to rewrite this as a longer story, it would be more enjoyable. Perhaps revisit this in a sequel, presenting more details, possibly from a third party's perspective, this decent begginging could become a top quality series.

noone269noone269about 20 years ago
Good Story but...

needs more depth, explore the charcters more and flesh out the story not just using the bare bones.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 20 years ago
perfect for st.patricks day huh???

with all the people gathering at pubs for the traditional green beer...wonder how many men felt the same as your character?????...i know i would never leave my future "husband" for anyone....but if i did i am sure he would do the very same thing!!!!!!! to a t!

iluvbaresiluvbaresabout 20 years ago
i love it!

interesting ..love to read more from you!

bigglesbigglesover 15 years ago
just a thought

"Accusing some to have no guts, because they post anonymously. Even those that post usernames aren't we still all anonymous."

Ah yes, thats true, but the main issue I have with those that post anonymously is that you can't tell whether these are people that just bitch at others as a matter of habit or whether they have at least bothered to publish stuff themselves or whether they have the courage to accept criticism from others.

I have more respect for the opinions of those that publish and accept comments than for those of whom you just cannot see anything. I suspect that by posting anonymously they are really trying to conceal their own inadequacy, whilst enjoying the privilege of sniping at others.

Clearly you are not in that pitiful category, but since you posed the question, I thought you might like to know the reason. Thanks for commenting.

And thanks for your work. I havn't read any of it yet, but at least it exists.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
I find this story interesting

Yes, it could have had more background info, but I believe the author wrote it intentionally this way. Just the bare essentials. Realistic? Maybe not, but then who can distinguish life from fantasy. A continuation of how she became his wife would make interesting reading. Just a suggestion. Thanks for the read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous