All Comments on 'The Reality Engine Ch. 08'

by pumpkindice

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
TheSecretBunnyTheSecretBunnyover 3 years ago
Oddities

Well you have taken this beyond Alice in wonderland weird, and into inception weird with sprinkles of star wars. So is your next step X- Files or Fringe, maybe even The Outer Limits??.

theoneeyedtheoneeyedover 3 years ago

Great chapter, although i know have even more questions than i had before reading the story.

dunmovynivdunmovynivover 3 years ago

"He lives out beyond the dune sea, and he's become kind of a strange, old hermit," Eric replied.

Again, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one."

and he's been researching the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the force. Let's put this out in the

open, you believe Scott is the one who will bring balance?"

Why are you stealing so heavily for your story? It’s fine without this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
@ Anon - Oddities

I fear it gets even stranger than your suggestions; pumpkindice seems to be mining the bizarre collaborative minds of Jay Ward, Bill Scott and Alex Anderson, et al, the perpetrators of the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.

It's gonna get really weird... LOL

GeoD

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Keep going

You have a great story here, some may say you are stealing shit, well none of the stories are without some or other references. Tolkein wrote a great epic, however the fictional species in those stories are present in various folklore of Scandinavian region maybe other parts of Europe as well.

You are doing are great job here, the character development and depth is good, story is going at a good pace. Good luck

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Re: References

Please don't stop with the pop culture references. They're silly, but entertaining. Frostbite Falls, Wassamatta U, and Mooslyvania? Hyuck, hyuck. Of course, after all of that, you've pretty much guaranteed that no matter how serious your narrative gets, if you DON'T engineer appearances by a certain Moose and Squirrel, you will have no one to blame but yourself for the complaints you get!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This is the most intriguing chapter yet. I think it would have been funnier if Scott was named Luke in the story but I know that would be taking it too far. The overall pop culture references have been an excellent homage to many creators of literature and other areas of entertainment and of course I feel they add greatly to the overall enjoyment of the story. I look forward to continuing my bingeing on this story as it just continues to get better.

J.D.

England91England91about 3 years ago

I agree with other posts this feels like it's getting weirder like the scene straight from star wars and various references from the film and off course of what the story should be going

OpenWordsOpenWordsabout 2 years ago

Who cares if he's slapped with level 50 FFS? The author was stupid enough not to explain shit, so there is ZERO tension even though it's obvious that was the writing device the author wanted to use... Well, complete failure bud! Maybe if you'd have taken a minute to explain what the fuck the levels meant, we could care. Instead you've just waisted all of our time ..

pumpkindicepumpkindiceabout 2 years agoAuthor

@OpenWords: I freely admit I should have explained some things more clearly at the beginning of the story, and that it was a failure on my part to do so, and a lesson learned. However, I was also never going to explain most things up-front, as I prefer to let them play out in the natural course of the story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous