All Comments on 'The Relative Facts of Human Life'

by Everettcb

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WTF?

What the the fuck is this doing on a erotic site?!?

fanfarefanfareover 8 years ago
wistfull wishing

E, I really do like the sentiments you express in this essay. However, i do not share your optimism that Humanity is capable of achieving a state of grace. Either with ourselves , with our society or with the global biosphere.

Wanting and wishing is never doing. As much as we pretend to be evolved sentient spiritual beings. The size of our brains does not correlate with the capability for intelligent decision-making. Calling ourselves 'Homo Sapient' is narcissist braggadocio, left over from the perverted nationalist-racist propaganda based upon the19th century pseudo-science of eugenics.

To be truthfully accurate, humans would be scientifically designated as Homo Anthropophagus. Our ancestors did what they did to survive and reproduce or they wouldn't be anybodies ancestors!

To quote Robert Heinlein "The worst lies a man will tell, are the lies he tells to himself."

(unknown source) Britannicus to Caesar "Caesar! This is not proper!"

Caesar, aside to one of his other officers, in an amused tone. "Britannicus confuses the ancient primitive customs of his little village with the Laws of the Universe."

Than again, to quote Larry Niven "When the situation is hopeless, it is useless to just give up."

Finally, as serious as the catastrophe is, looming before us. (source unknown CSA officer) "Men build fortresses to be impenetrable. God gives men the courage to storm them anyway!"

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous