The 'Reno' Project

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fuck me."

"Only if I become desperate, Rick."

They laughed.'

Two days later, Rick called Suzee.

"Oh hi, Rick. What's up?"

"This is about our date."

"Oh, we are to date, are we?"

"Yes," he said firmly. "I'm not married and presently don't have a steady date."

"Okay, that sounds promising Rick, but do you know how to treat a lady?"

He sounded like he was about to choke and said what did she mean by that?

"Oh, listen to me when I talk, be reasonably gentle with me and don't attempt to grope me within the first couple of hours of our date."

"Y-you mean t-that's all?"

"Yes Rick. I sometimes have sex on the first date, do you?"

By the sounds that followed, Suzee believed he'd dropped his phone and waited patiently until he could continue the conversation.

"Friday night, at 7.00. I'll pick you up. Give me your personal phone number and address. It will be attending the six-monthly dinner of the company I work for hosting executives and partners, so dress reasonably formerly."

The call ended and Suzee giggled, hoping Rick would be more than a hired waiter at the dinner.

Chapter 4

Suzee looking through the glass entrance doors of Portobello Apartments and saw a smooth-looking white hardtop convertible draw up outside and recognized the driver as Rick.

She had her brunette hair up and partially loosely and twisted braided. The mid-thigh dark pink strapless cocktail dress had a lifted front hem and the high-heel shoes were of matching dark pink.

Rick was emerging from the car when he looked up and saw his date.

"Oh là là, Suzee," he smiled. "Incredible."

"Sharp-looking suit," she smiled, allowing her gaze to linger on him, to give him time to register that she was pleased by his compliment.

He held the passenger door open and allowed his hand to lightly run down the outside of her right thigh, reminding Suzee that men liked thinking about the prospect of having sex too.

Rick remained holding the door open as she settled into her black leather seat and as she turned to grasp the seat belt, her kissed her lightly on the lips.

He said nothing but she murmured, "A stolen kiss; how sweet. Nice wheels too."

Rick beamed, and closed the door with a clunk.

As they drove off, he said, "The company has a silver service dinner twice a year to allow the executives and senior managers to invite their wife, or partner or girlfriend to hopefully feel they are appreciated as having contact with the principal leadership people working at the top to make the company tick."

"Ah, a smart move. Do you take a wife, partner or girlfriend each time?"

He chuckled and said as a bachelor he often attended unaccompanied which probably made some of the 20 or so regulars attending the event wonder if he was unable to hold on to a girlfriend or was he a closet gay.

"Are you?"

"What, unable to hold on to a regular date?"

"Of course. You don't give me the impression you are gay."

Rick grinned.

"I'm relieved to hear that. I date few women who managed to hold my attention for long."

"Is that to say that this is a one-off date.?"

"That's unlikely. My sister has been hugely impressed by you and she and I have similar tastes, with emphasis on the word 'similar'."

Suzee thought it was best that she didn't discuss his sister with him and asked him what was the name of his company and what did it do?"

"Exterior Home Remodelling and Renovations Ltd and the name indicates what we do. I'm one of our four senior executives and have the title of director of operations. We employ 128 people currently."

"Ah, you hold down an important job. Is this vehicle your company car?"

"No, it's my pleasure car," Rick beamed. "Apart from the CEO, all other company vehicles are pick-ups. My work vehicle is a five-year-old Ford F-150 that I inherited when I succeeded the retiring director of operations two years ago. The company has an annual turnover currently at $16 million and makes a healthy profit out of that."

They chatted generally about business until they stopped at the entrance to the Globe Hotel. They got out and a parking attendant drove off in the car.

"You declined giving the keys to a young guy and instead beckoned over a much older guy. Was that because you believed the older guy gave the impression of being a cautious driver and would respect your vehicle?"

Suzee' s likely new boyfriend took her arm and grinned.

"You're not just a pretty face with a great body. Oh, expect some of the guys to leer at you and the woman will stare while pondering how on earth did I manage to get you as a date for tonight."

"Oh god, I'll be on the defensive all evening."

"Not if you say we recently met again, that we used to live on the same street and you were always attempting to fuck me."

Suzee banged against him, laughing and said, "You wish."

Rick leered.

"Oh, since you've mentioned sex, are..."

She said sweetly, "Shut up. Stop and allow me to straighten your tie."

Two men, standing alone, were greeting the arrivals.

Rick shook hands with the guy on the left and said, "Mel Owens, this is Suzee McLeod. Mel is our company chairman."

Mel kissed her politely on the cheek and said, "Christ, are you a film star?"

"Either that or a hooker, Mel."

He looked startled and then chuckled.

"Nice one, Suzee. This man beside me is the company's kingpin, Morrie Watson's, our CEO."

She held out her hand and said, "Hi, Morrie."

He said triumphantly, "I recognize you from your picture from the business section on the Daily News on Thursday. You've been hired by Frank Mason of Mason-Freeman to lead the effort in association with their general manager, Rick's sister, to upgrade their entire operation."

"Well spotted."

Morrie's eyes narrowed and he said, "You appear awfully young for that huge responsibility. Are you some kind of business make-over guru?"

"Hardly that, but I did start off at the age of 12 when I drew up plans for the successful upgrade of my dolls' house to get a better price when dad sold it."

The three men laughed and Mel said thoughtfully, "You should try to hold on to this one Rick. She's cool which is probably her disguise as a hot-shot. Although Frank Mason is a bit long in the tooth, he's no fool."

"We must press on, there's a line-up behind us."

"Bye for the time being, gentlemen."

"Bye," chorused Mel and Morrie, appearing pleased to have met her.

As Rick and Mel walked off to a cordon-off section of the dining room, he said, "Your reputation will fire around our select group before we've finished our first cocktail. Two wives behind us looked startled when they heard you said to our chairman that if you weren't a film star you might be a hooker."

"Ah, wasn't I brilliant? Now I won't be pestered by people we meet this evening asking me what I do in fear that I'll say I'm a hooker. And they'll know my name is Suzee McLeod."

Rick looked at her, mouth hanging open.

Almost four hours later, Rick and Suzee left amid cries of 'Bye' from others leaving, as the event was being wound up.

"You made a huge impression."

"Thanks Rick, with some of that is due to your attentiveness and obviously you are popular with your fellow employees and some of their partners obviously had eyes for you."

"I wish you hadn't noticed that. The persistent one is Morrie's wife Connie who can be such a pain. She's attempted to hit on me several times and backs off when warned to bugger off but some weeks later will come back at me again. There's little that's attractive about her and fifteen years older than me."

"Yeah, it is a problem. Have you thought about discussing it with Morrie?"

"Yes, but I think that wouldn't be a smart move."

"Then all I can suggest is next time tell her you have a pelvic itch that won't go away."

"Err, great suggestion but I'll have to think about possible downsides of stating that."

When they stopped outside the entrance to the Portobella Apartments, Rick drew Suzee to him when she released her seat belt and they kissed, long and sweet.

"Do you want me to come up to your apartment for a while?"

"It's a yes or no situation, Rick. It depends, it's yes if this is to be a one-off date and no if a series of dates appeals to you. I'm open to repeated dates and if you want that to happen. I'd prefer to take the relationship slowly and progressively, in other words, to get to really know each other slowly and fully."

"I understand, but tell me are you looking for a longer-term relationship?"

"Yes, a slowly, slowly and wait for any development relationship, but not necessary anything really permanent. I like you a lot, Rick. I didn't set out to particularly like you; it just happened."

"At this stage, Suzee, I'm not thinking marriage."

"Me neither. I suppose that indicates some level of compatibility."

Rick took Suzee' s hand and squeezed.

"I hope I won't have to wait too long before we have sex."

"I wouldn't think so."

Rick squeezed her hand again.

"Good, we adhere to your preference, no sex tonight but sex sometime soon."

Suzee said of course, she was not robotic. They laughed and locked into soft kissing.

Rick arrived at his former home and was making coffee his mother came from the TV room where she had been watching TV alone and said yes please before noticing he was filling two mugs, knowing his father would be in bed and already asleep.

"How did the new date go?"

"Fine, thanks mom."

"It's not long after midnight. Did she not want you in her bed?"

"It was our first date, mum."

Gloria said she was under the impression that had never been barrier to him prior to tonight.

He sighed and said no, but sometimes it just didn't happen.

"So, she wasn't sluttish?"

Rick took the two coffees to the kitchen table.

"Mum, careful what you say. This young woman just might be your future daughter-in-law."

Gloria said, "Omigod, you've never spoken to me like that about any other of your dates."

Rick said well this date was different.

His mother whined, when would he be in the position to tell her and his father more.

"Just be patient, mum. I'm pretty sure you'll be meeting her soon."

"Omigod. When will that be?"

Rick sighed and began sipping coffee and said, "When the timing is right, mum, and not before."

The following evening, Suzee arrived home from work feeling a little weary after a fairly intense day with Emma with the door to the general manager's office closed with a 'do not disturb' notice stuck to the door. It was Day One of working on their business plan for the restructuring of the company.

The night porter called, "Oh Miss McLeod, I have this for you."

Suzee went over to the reception desk and was handed a long and narrow cardboard box.

She lifted the lid and saw a bunch of long-stem flowers and thought how beautiful and carried the box to her apartment where she read the unsigned card that simply stated, 'Long, Steady and Sweet'.

"Omigod," she smiled, and thought how sweet. She sent an unsigned phone text to Rick that stated, 'You Beautiful Man. How Sweet'.

After cooking a frozen dinner and then enjoying a long bath, Suzee went to bed dreamily and reached for her vibrator.

Chapter 5

Suzee knocked on Emma's office door softly and was called to enter.

She said hi and came around her desk to greet her special assistant.

Suzee clasped her gently and kissed the general manager's check and was told, "Press your tits into me if you are in a receptive mood."

Emma pressed in hard and Suzee strengthened her grip until Emma's face reddened and she squawked, "Arghhh!"

The visitor released her boss and they sat facing each other in the visitor's chairs, knees almost touching and Emma still catching her breath.

"You may be stronger than me but I'm still your boss around here, huh?"

Suzee smiled and nodded and said, "We've just had our last lover's clasp, one to remember that was a sequel to one-off sex the other day. I've decided to concentrate on only one person, and it's a He."

"Omigod, you've fallen for my brother. Mum calls him one of her best fucks ever."

Ignoring that disgusting comment, Suzee said, "Please Emma, not a word to any one about this. I suggested to Rick that we develop our relationship slowly to avoid infatuation and see where that leads us to, and he agreed which rather surprised me."

"Christ, that rather surprises me too. Omigod, yes I'll keep my mouth shut because you know what this means?"

Suzee struggled to keep her face blank.

"It means that whether or not you succeed in your job here and if Rick commits to you, that means you and I would be best of friends for life."

"Ooh, yes. Icing on the cake. I hadn't speculated that far."

"Well boss, I'm ready to start work in earnest today. I've worked on a proposed business plan for the reno (renovation) project that I hope you that we can complete by Thursday, depending on your availability. Today I wish to complete preparation in alterations to my office, like to become a war-room, sort-of."

"But no major alterations?"

"Correct Emma. I spoke to the Terry Major, manager of internal services, when I toured the factory and arranged for him and two particular members of his staff to meet me today at 1.00 in my office, a plumber and an electrician."

"Okay, go ahead. That's all part of your scope of work that Frank gave me and you free rein to prepare to complete the plans and final recommendations to him to go over before presenting then to the company's board of directors to consider later on Friday morning."

Suzee said, "It's a big task if we go for maximum changes."

"I realize that."

"My rough estimates based on what I visualize will cost around $3.5 million."

Emma gulped and half-choking said, "Really?"

"With expenditure spread over three years."

Breathing out, Emma said, "Thank god for that. With heavy pushing you may achieve your goal. I'll need to see something really solid on paper before I consider backing you to that extent."

"That's understood. Keep Thursday afternoon and possibly into the night free and, if you can. I phoned Frank early this morning, getting him out of bed to talk as his wife was still asleep.Theye are due back from their recreational break on Thursday and he'll come in at 8.00 on Friday morning for a full briefing by you and me before the board meeting at 10.30."

"I can't believe how you appear to be able to twist him around your little finger. I really can't."

Suzee giggled and said she'd set out to woo him right from the moment they met.

"Frank probably goes to sleep at night, back to back with his wife, and dreams about fucking me."

Emma appeared shocked but her face then relaxed and she shook her head and sighed, "Christ, Suzee you really are something."

Smiling, Suzee handed across a list of 12 department heads and selected senior section managers she wanted to attend late business lunch on Friday at 2 pm and to include Frank, Emma and their shared PA.

"Why is Frank to be invited?"

"I've already invited him and he accepted."

"Why?"

"Because he's the head of the company."

"Yes, but what if the board stalls your project or decided only to proceeds with parts of your proposal or even tosses it out? Frank could be torn to pieces at a luncheon where alcohol is served as many heads of departments are excited about refurbishment. If the meeting proceeds there must be no alcohol."

"Emma, please consider this. My thinking is if Frank were invited to the business lunch, he'd make double sure as chairman he will have no intention of going to his senior team of employees to announce a detailed or even a partial agreement on a 3-year modernisation of the company's offices and factory designed to bring the entire operation up to date if the board was wavering or had decided to scale down the project."

Emma looked at the new-comer in admiration.

"You brilliant and conniving sly bitch."

Suzee looked at Emma with a faked impression of glowing pride at the accolade while also possibly thinking great, that was the first big hurdled cleared.

"Emma, I want to tell Frank that you should present the entire plan to the board."

"What?" she yelled.

"Emma, that's simply part of the CEO's role. If the project is scuppered, it's my head that will roll, not yours."

"Not true."

"Then push hard as you can to get full or as near as possible full approval of the board."

"Omigod, you're such a sly operator, you're at it again."

They laughed.

"Darling, as an only child, I grew up developing the skills to get my own way, within reason of course. My thinking is if you and I do a good job as a team over the next couple of days, you'll believe that the board has no option but to approve a most appealing, though costly, reno project. We then only have to reply on wily Frank to emphasise they you and I were keen for completion within a year whereas he over-ruled that and said over 3-years would be the way to go to smooth out yearly costs."

Emma made no comment and Suzee asked what was she thinking.

"Perhaps we should go for completion in 2-years, half the factory and the top two floors of admin in year one, and the other half of the factory and the ground floor and basement of admin on year two. As you have somehow managed to get Mac between your thighs figuratively, leave it to him to decide to decide which portions of the factory make up the year one reno to reduce the impact of production as much as practicable. We may have to out-source factory orders over that two-years. And knowing how commercial reno jobs always take longer than anticipated, our two years guesstimate probably means three years."

"So, it's 'our' guestimate now?"

"Yes, your sneaky manipulation has resigned me to accept that I need to show leadership; I was given joint responsibility and made team leader in bringing developing this concept of Frank's, and I must take that responsibility fully."

Suzie, thrilled at receiving that unconditional support, rushed over and kissed Emma passionately.

That triggered Emma and she began fondling her friend until Suzee said, "Sweetie, I have to ask you to stop pawing me suggestively. You know that I'm reserving myself for your brother."

"Oh damn," Emma half-sobbed, pulling away and breathing heavily. "You should be in politics Suzee. I've never met anyone as manipulative as you are."

* * *

Terry Major, manager of internal services, arrived at 1.00 with Graham, an electrician and Bruce a plumber.

"I guess you want this room enhanced as you are running the interior upgrade of our entire premises."

"We are calling it the Reno Project for simplification."

"Ah, reno short for renovation, good thinking Suzee. We are 100% cooperative because our department will benefit too and we have ideas we wish to discuss."

"It's great to learn you guys are thinking seriously about your own patch, Terry. I've given Mac three days to consult with all executives and senior managers to asked for their ideas on structural change in their individual patches as I refer to them, patch meaning in that sense individual territories. I need his final recommendation on how the entire factory can be divided in half as the relocations if any and adjustments to patches will take place in two bites over two years, minimum and depending on board decisions on our recommendations."

"Christ, that will cause massive disruption."

"Terry, think again. Imagine the bedlam and disruption that would occur if reno work over the entire factory was to occur simultaneously."

"Oh, yeah Suzee. Good thinking."

"Well, enough of brief explanations and welcomed platitudes. "

Pointing at walls, she said I want that wall, that and that one temporarily panelled floor to ceiling that we can pin drawings to a selected walland at the same time use as white board to sketch various things."