The 'Reno' Project

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hi folk, Quinn said standing, eyeing Suzee.

"Wow, you should be performing in Hollywood, not hidden away in this city."

"That's bullshit Quinn, and you know it. May I ask politely, did you forget to change your pants knowing you were coming to a posh place like this? However, you look a million dollars in that gorgeous jacket."

"Wow," Quinn managed while Rick was looking as if he were attempting to avoid choking.

Quinn's wife said, "I've given up on him and his preference for wearing jeans. He has about 20 pairs."

"Hi Claris," Suzee said, stepping to her and, drooping an arm around the shoulders of the stylish-looking woman, kissed her on the cheek and said she was Suzee McLeod.

"My goodness, you smell divine, Claris."

"Welcome, Suzee. I suspect you've dressed down a bit to avoid upstaging me. Very adroit and to top that off, you have a gorgeous figure."

"Does that compliment come with a sexual over-tone?"

The men gaped while Claris giggled and said if it did, that was unintended. She'd asked her father's fishing friend Mac McCrone what Suzee was like.

He said, "Within 10 minutes of you first meeting him, you'd nailed him with your fearlessness, directness, intelligent conversation and absolute charm."

"Yeah, well having been told he was difficult to deal with and almost impossible to move, I had to shine to win him over a bit. Christ, he's built like a brick and stands at 6ft 6in."

"Why weren't you at least a little scared of him?" Quinn asked. "I know him as I've been out fishing with Claris' father and Mac a couple of times."

"Simple. I'd been told Mac intends to dominate people, especially females and wimpy males, in almost contempt and I knew I had to impress him within the first few minutes and a key would be to show no fear."

Talking ceased while a waiter served the pre-ordered champagne.

After the toast, Claris asked, "How did your presentation go? Mac said it was to be considered by the company board yesterday."

"It was shredded a bit," Rick said loyally.

Suzee said, "The fact is, I over-reached, not appreciating that I would be dealing with a bunch of clunk-heads whose minds were still linked strongly with the past, perhaps 10 to 15 years ago. Tactically, I'd decided to go for gold because the chairman was on our side, or so we thought. But at the 11th hour he withdrew his support. When he told me that I would not be required at the meeting, I knew that my $3.5 integrated package to be implemented over two years and designed to bring the company into the 21st Century, would be shredded or even totally rejected by the board."

"My offer to resign was accepted but I agreed to stay on for 30 days to bring my replacement up to speed to manage the modified schedule to be completed in five or more years instead of two, that will mean disruption that may even develop into chaos in the multi-division extensive factory which produces almost all of the company's cash flow."

"Well enough of me. Quinn, you'll know from similar experience what the impact is when you have a team producing a multi-million campaign only to have the corporate client's representatives reject all or most of your creative work that practically took blood, sweat, time and tears to produce."

"Yeah, right. You and I should talk over lunch on Monday. Come to our offices at 12.30 for a quick tour before we go to a restaurant."

"Thanks, I'd welcome that, Quinn. I assume you know I have no advertising qualifications of experience."

"I do."

Suzee said, "Claris, you appear to be a most interesting person. Could we hear something about you?"

"Sure, but haven't you looked on the Internet for details about Quinn and me?"

"Yes, there is plenty about the experience and successes of the advertising guru Quinn, but not much about you apart from your interest in fashion and your patronage of the arts. Your physique suggest you work on fitness and perhaps even ski here and overseas. What made you become interested in the arts? I smell a story there."

"Okay, just a brief resume. If we become friends, you'll learn more in due course."

"I took ballet lessons for two years from the age of six and then switched to flute lessons. I had soft classical music playing in my nursery from the day mum brought me home from the maternity facility."

"I never knew any of that and you and I have been married nine years," Quinn said.

"Perhaps you never asked for such information as Suzee has done."

They all enjoyed dinner.

Between courses, Quinn pulled out his phone, asking to be excused as he wished to add to his diary that he'd be touring the agency with a VIP on Monday at noon and then lunching at the Casablanca until 2.30.

"That is generous of you, giving me so much of your time," said the VIP.

"Don't you think you're worth it," Quinn asked softly.

"I think I am."

"Of course, she is worth it," Claris said. "She appears to be almost oozing potential. Suzee, don't be surprised that Quinn slipped in that challenging question. Ad-people become inherently slippery, which is probably spawned by their creative flexibility."

"Oh, are you a published author?"

"That's an astute question. No, but I have a degree in English literature and edit novels for a small publisher and no mention of that is on my web pages because I don't want writers sending their manuscripts directly to me."

"Ah, that was done to avoid being possibly cluttered with submissions from run-of-the mill aspiring authors and especially from hair-brained zealots writing about their lifetime work in attempting to devise ways to blow up the planet."

"Now that's an example of creative thinking," Quinn laughed and Rick added his contribution that Suzee clearly had a penchant for coming up with things like that.

Suzee only just caught the supportive wink from Claris that would have been missed by the men opposite because of the angle it was directed from.

She smiled at Claris, hoping they'd become close friends.

That reminded Suzee that tomorrow she must invite Sophia, Kitty, Claire, Simone at the Portobello Apartments for cocktails at her apartment. Friends tend to drift apart unless direct contact continued.

Quinn yawned and said perhaps they should leave.

Rick phoned for their cars to be brought to the exit. It turned out that instead of a car, Quinn drove a purple monster, that reminded one of military vehicles.

Ah, what's the surprised? Suzee thought. Advertising was partly based on all-show, and so why shouldn't the principal of a big agency announce his arrival spectacularly by driving a purple tank minus guns and rocket launchers?

They made their farewells outside the hotel entrance and the kiss that Suzee got from Claris almost made her whine, oh not that again. But she smiled, thinking if it happens, it happens and why not? Claris was totally top-shelf as a person.

"I'll call," Claris whispered before waving goodbye.

Suzee was thinking, oh fuck, here she was thinking of being unfaithful to Rick before they were married!

As they drove off, Rick said laconically, "Are you impressed by your new boss?"

"New boss? He's only just met me and there's a long way to go."

"I can read the signs and Claris sitting alongside him in their stupidly outrageous vehicle, is probably right now saying to Quinn that he's already decided to hire you and that he must not ever fuck you otherwise she'd be humiliated to the core."

"That hiring assertion is ridiculous."

"Okay, then how about this for conviction: I swear that I'll eat my hat if you don't get the opportunity to work for him."

"Oh yeah, and do you actually own a hat?"

"Well, my cycling helmet then."

"Oh darling, what a huge vote of confidence in me and your belief you have read the signs correctly. What tipped you over into being confidence to make such a silly bet?"

"You clinched it, in my opinion, when you saw him driving up to us in that stupid vehicle and you just smiled, presumably hiding the fact you were thinking what a ridiculous vehicle to be seen in."

"Okay, I believe he is interested in hiring me, subject to how I interview and that I say the right things about the set-up of his agency. According to what I've read about advertising companies, the agency will have two or possibly three creative teams each led by a director and my guess is that Quinn is looking for the right person to liaise with each team and interface with clients likely to be hard-to-please clients, etcetera."

"You'll be good at that."

"Thanks darling. Please take me home and love me to sleep."

* * *

Rick's prediction turned out correct, he didn't have to eat his cycling safety helmet.

Quinn took Suzee on a slow tour of the advertising agency, stopping to introduce her to various people and watching and listening to Suzee interfacing with them.

Nothing was said about who Suzee was when introduced by name or why she was on a grand tour. That didn't surprise her.

The formal interview came during lunch, beginning with the role that Quinn had in mind for her, which was to infuse various departments with visionary ideas as they worked on pitches (presentations) to clients and when they started developing accounts. Quinn added that he'd like her to report to him directly about what could be done to improve things throughout the agency to make it function better.

"Am I being interviewed about a spy role?"

"That could be illegal but anyway that's not the intention. My intention is to employ someone possessing the flair and the push to encourage anyone in our employment to maximise creative performance to place us at the leading edge of advertising services."

"Wow."

"Suzee, after watching you interfacing with my people this morning, I confirmed my instinct that you are the person I've been looking for to fill a newly created position of senior roaming creative director of advertising services reporting directly to me as managing director."

"That's a long title."

"The use of the word 'roaming' signals that you are not desk-bound and possess seniority that allows you roan wherever and whenever you desire or when called to assist with creative input. This will be explained in a memo to all group directors and department managers."

"Are you in the position to say yes to a job offer?"

"I am, Quinn. Please may the starting date in the contract be not before 30 days from today. I signed an amended contract with my current employers on Friday that terminates my employment with that company 30 days from last Friday."

"Brilliant. I'll discuss salary and terms with you on the way back to the office. You will face some opposition from existing directors at filling a new management tier inserted above their level, but that is expected."

"Further, there could be dissent that you don't possess advertising qualifications. Your appointment will be explained in a memo to all personnel that the company is moving up a notch in adding a more intense element of psychology in the mix to its approach to advertising and dealing with clients. I'll emphasis that you, with a Master's Degree in Psychology plus a Bachelor's in design, will spread your influence over this agency, particularly in creative aspects of our work with clients."

"Suzee, I predict to you privately that as your formidable talent in creative thinking begins taking hold, rather quicker than what you might be expecting, you will be absorbed into our agency workforce with result of your influence. That will earn you increasing respect and cooperation."

"And if I fail to achieve your goals?"

"I can't see that happening."

"Thanks for that incentive, Quinn."

Chapter 9

Arriving home after being handed her draft contract to work for Quinn's advertising agency, with copy of the contract be sent to her personal lawyer Sarah Miles, Suzee flicked through three items of mail and then checked her emails. On email interested her.

She called the CEO of Allied Supermarkets, based in Sunrise City, and asked to speak to Mr Brandon.

"Yes Miss McLeod, I'm putting you through now.

Suzee was interested in the call, knowing that Ross Brandon was on the board of Mason-Freeman.

"Hi Miss McLeod, thanks for calling back."

"Ross, please call me Suzee. Are you calling to apologize for not voting for our two-year proposal in full?"

"You may be interested to learn that I was the only board member who voted for the proposal as presented. Moreover, I failed to vote either way on Frank's diluted version that he tabled and thinking, why vote for something bound to send the company backwards due to the chaos that would result from a piecemeal approach."

"Thanks for that info. It tells me there was one board member with vision."

"Thanks, Suzee. The reason I'm calling is that we are opening five more Allied supermarkets spread over the next 14 months. With increased work and supervision falling on to me, I'll need an assistant CEO."

"Thanks, but no thanks, Ross. I've just come from being given a huge responsibility as roaming creative director of Quinn Chamber's Palladium Advertising Agency."

"Ah, what a shame for us though you'll be a brilliant asset for any advertising agency to secure."

"Thanks Ross. I suggest you find out when your current advertising agency contract runs out and allow Palladium Advertising to pitch for your account regarding public imaging and branding design."

"Would you be on the team if your agency got the contract?"

"Probably, but you can make that a condition when negotiations are being finalized. That's something you'd need to discuss with your director of advertising and promotion."

"That's good to hear. All of our routine advertising, the day to day output, comes from out director of advertising's department. What I want is at a higher level, advertising that lures customers from our immediate competing supermarkets and she said that challenge appealed to her.

Suzee called Rick.

"Hi, how did it go, darling?"

"Practically signed, sealed and dusted. The offered contact is with my lawyer, with my start date 30 days from today."

"Excellent, I'm really thrilled for you, Suzee. Advertising and promotion are in one of the specialised sectors where extremely talented and creatively-focused people like you work."

"Thanks, could you come for dinner tonight and stay the night, providing what I have to propose to you, doesn't knife you to the core."

"Fuck, that sounds enticing. I'll try to be with you by 7.00."

Rick arrived shortly before 7.00.

He handed across flowers and a chilled bottle of French champagne. They engaged in kissing and he exploited the greeting situation, by running his hands up and down her body where he could reach unobstructed with her hands carrying his gifts.

"You intelligent pervert, why didn't you fuck me standing up while you were at it? I really appreciate the celebratory beautiful flowers and wine."

Rick got flutes from a cupboard and sat on a sofa behind a coffee table waiting impatiently while Suzee fiddled with the flowers.

"Cheers," they both said, tapping glasses together.

"Okay, out with it, Miss Think Tank," Rick urged.

Suzee coloured, her usual confident appearance retreating, being a rare display from her.

She bought time for recomposing, asking for a top up of her drink and then began with meek opening.

"I've been thinking."

Rick waited with no interjection as if knowing she'd wind up her 'motor'.

"Rick, I feel our relationship is deepening. Therefore, I need to come straight with you. In the past few years, I've being bisexual in my behaviour for which I make no apology. Being of sound mind throughout I engaged in infrequent and usually one-time only encounters. I feel you should know, to act as you see fit with our relationship."

She stopped, and looked at him nervously.

Rick cleared his throat and asked kindly, "Is that the big announcement?"

Suzee nodded, her face draining of colour again.

"Wow, you must really love me to risk putting our relationship on the line by revealing that situation that you believe might tear us apart."

She nodded, cupping a hand over her mouth.

"Suzee, I cannot believe this hiccup right now is you, a young woman driven by adrenaline to take on the world, whatever comes. It's just not you."

She whispered something.

"What was that?"

She spoke a little louder.

"I said this was hugely different, and a confession was called for because it could impact on the man I'm beginning to love deeply.

Rick's eyebrows rose.

"Christ, I read the signs that something was earning your affection a bit, but I had no idea that it had begun to grip you."

"Well, it's true."

There was silence as Rick appeared to be thinking.

"Suzee, everyone is aware that many women these days feel less restrained sexually and instances of same-sex romps are becoming more frequent. From what I know, males tend to think its just about females in catch-up mode with what males, um, to some degree, have been doing for centuries. Actually females, to some extent, have been at it more secretly for centuries."

"And Suzee, I know you are not all together to blame. I've become increasingly aware of your sexual or perhaps more accurately, your sensual appeal. And what I witnessed the other night didn't really surprise me and it was over in a flash. At one stage I saw Claris light up like a beacon and appearing ready to slide into your chair with you and begin to kiss you passionately."

"Omigod no, you saw that. And did Quinn?"

"I don't know, but no worries. He's probably aware that his wife is bisexual and loose with other females, if that's true. He'll be used to it, being head of a company that is packed with largely bright and free-thinking personnel, including heaps of females, who are dedicated at pushing boundaries and exciting other people. They are in a leading-edge industry that encourages them to be at the top of their game, and the effect of that can be expected to spill over socially."

"But I don't believe that Claris has ever worked in advertising."

"And neither have you until now."

Suzee nodded and Rick said he'd been using advertising just as an example. They were both intelligent enough to know bisexual individuals would be anywhere there were communities of people.

Rick said, "I think this conversation topic is done. By now you should know, as crime authors put it, 'beyond all reasonable doubt' I don't think you are abnormal in your sexual preferences, just a little kinky perhaps."

Suzee smiled.

"There you go, you are smiling. Subject closed. I'll turn up the music louder. You stay where you are and I'll take care of dinner. It's a slow roast, I suspect?"

"Yes."

"Good, I'll check it out and prepare the gravy. Oh, by the way, do you feel ready to marry me?"

Suzee froze, lost colour and looked startled.

"It's fine, Suzee, you don't have to answer that. It's just that I've been waiting for some time to express something like that and suddenly had the feeling the time has arrived. But obviously..."

"No, no, Rick. Please don't back off. I just feel like, well, that I've been dunked by a big wave when beach swimming. Yes, I feel ready to take the first step."

Rick said, "Great, baby. Perhaps we could start exploring the idea over dinner."

"I agree. Omigod, I need to pee."

The End