The Rescuer Bk. 03 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I am reaching out to you and your family. You know the good the dogs do. Don't let this one event ruin the fantastic role they have played for years. You may not want to save people, but people still need saving. I will even tell you that they have tried to breed and train their own dogs. None are as good as yours. Whoever Mary is, you're a legend to many breeders and trainers.

"For the next twenty years, we will pay ten times your current fee. We would also like to learn the secrets of breeding and raising the dogs. We have one hell of a budget to spend if you're interested."

I comment, "That is her business. Mary, come here, please." She is blushing. "Grandma Mary is the expert on everything dog. She has a lifetime of experience. It might be an exciting retirement for you. Take time and make whatever decision you want. We will all back you no matter what you do. With all the bad weather, it might be fun to train in, ohhhhh, Hawaii.

"What I want to know is how do I ever feel safe again from your people? How do I not fear an unknown sniper from 800 yards won't kill my family or me? How do I know that a fighter doesn't drop a 2000-pound warhead on our house, killing us all?"

A tall older man (the guy that shot me) speaks up, "If I might suggest? This is beautiful country up here. My parents spent many trips here, and I have heard about the legendary hot springs. I think that the new CIA director and everyone after him needs to come up here on a trip for a week with Ben. Then Ben, if you have any doubts, shoot him."

Brenda has a teacher's attitude, "We can't do that!"

Another man, much older, speaks up, "Um, actually, ah, well, we can. They need to pass the Ben test for as long as he lives. In a week, you will know if he is an asshole. It's also much harder to kill someone you like. If you don't trust him, you could just reject him, you don't have to kill him."

Another man speaks up, "Oh, I don't know, a Ben test with the last one could have saved us a lot of trouble. Everyone knew he was an asshole."

Max and Tom are chuckling at the Americans' bickering.

Brenda stands up, and everyone stands up. She gets down on one knee in front of me.

Brenda says loud enough for all to hear, "The politicians will determine how this trip ends. I, for one, am very grateful you survived and the mad scientist didn't. That is a world I would never want to see. Regardless of the dogs, I have a check here from the US Government. It's our way of saying sorry. DO NOT lose this."

She gives me a hug and whispers in my ear, "You will live a nice long life. It's been rumored that this is the edge of the earth, and others have been allowed to live out their life here. You only did good stuff; we won't allow anyone to hurt you." She hugs me again.

She has tears in her eyes as she announces, "If you want, I have two barrels of fresh Maine lobster, a crate of aged steaks, and some prime baking potatoes. Anyone want to help me cook this mountain of food."

It's impressive; all the men rush to dad and Grandpa to hear them tell their stories. All the women go to the kitchen to talk to Brenda and cook.

I am left in the wheelchair. I move to the couch. After a few failed attempts to transfer, I feel two arms assist me. Mom's eyes are on me from the kitchen until I am seated. Gina and Iris are at my side.

They don't talk, none of us do.

I fall asleep in Gina's arms while Iris massages me.

To be continued ...