All Comments on 'The Ride of My Life Pt. 02'

by SMFlint2021

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Best to forget the bat-shit-crazy ones and move on with your life. Is anybody THAT stupid?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I certainly can't be the only reader that would like to see a continuation of this story...

5 STARS

Thanks

Rocky62Rocky62almost 2 years ago

But after his ill wife passes he finds Sheila again?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why are these people married? They don't love their partners so its time to end both shams of thier marriages.

70slowhands70slowhandsalmost 2 years ago

Great story, like the other reader, said I hope you have a conclusion. But I would like to say I still wonder why some readers that come to the loving wife’s category knowing what they will find but still have the audacity to try to belittle the writers please don’t let it get you down.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

I could not figure out why Richard and Sheila remained married. Obviously each is a liability to the other. The lack of explanation for the continuing marriage detracted from the story and the events. The ending was good, although James needs to pay the price for his own infidelity. No real heroes here, but only defective, if not despicable, individuals.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

And the moral of the story is ...?

It was a mostly a coherent, concise read. As far as stories go, it's better to leave this as 100% fantasy, because the moral/values undertone is chaotic at best.

It seems that, when dealing with three married people interacting the way they did in this story, then morality has everything to do with who is set up as the 'bad guy', and who is the 'good guy'. Once the 'bad guy' is pegged then there's no limit to what sort of punishment can be dealt out. But, more than this, the bad guy's existence provides the excuse for the 'good guy' to umm, how shall we call it? Oh, yes, he's married and naturally doesn't want to hurt her, so will say nothing. But, that's OK, as far as morality goes. He's such a nice guy, the 'good guy'.

Well ... fantasy it has to be, the dream existence. Because, if this were a reality tale, then we're dealing with one fucked up couple on the one hand, and a self-justifying philanderer on the other.

Perhaps if one were to delve deeper into what makes these sorts of people tick there's be an interesting story to tell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very well done. Not many stories on this site I find poignant although many try. It takes restraint to pull it off rather than melodrama.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

I loved this. Sometimes you have to make choices, and this one was right.

26thNC26thNCalmost 2 years ago

Tags just remove any inclination to read this one.

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

Being a decent writer really doesnt make this better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

very sterile and boring

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 2 years ago

You want to punish him, divorce him. You want to go to prison for kidnapping, sexual assault, forcible confinement, and countless other charges, then do this.

Sorry but cheating is immoral, it’s not illegal. Raping your victim is illegal. And if you hate someone so much you can do this to them, prison is where you deserve to be.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Unlikeable characters all around.

Why would any of them remain married? Seems ridiculous to me. Why would she put up with him cheating for 15 years?

And it seems like she might have caused some permanent physical damage to his ass. Bleeding and torn? He's probably going to need stitches and some antibiotics.

She might actually get charged. Restraining him and assault.

Just a really stupid story...I didn't see the point.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

need a follow up story

Bham487Bham487almost 2 years ago

Now his wife should do that to him!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very well-written, realistic tale with believable imperfect characters. Loved it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSMFlint2021@SMFlint2021
I write stories with sex in them, not sex stories. The difference? In my stories, you understand the people and what's at stake for them before the action starts. There are also consequences to what they do. I think that makes for a more realistic, engaging story. It may be a ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES