All Comments on 'The Rise of Rachel Price T-Girl Pt. 22'

by racheprice

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
EricaDoesNowEricaDoesNow11 months ago

<3 ALWAYS worth the wait! <3

rachepriceracheprice11 months agoAuthor

Did i miss anyone Who would you invite to your dream housewarming?

FernVillaFernVilla11 months ago

Nice twist having Rachel provide more info to Hunter before having her get emotional over Levant's story about his first wife after his somewhat oblique proposal.

Causal references to Rachel not being totally happy being female but all her interactions are as a natural woman. Add in the proposal with a guarantee of no prenuptial all for having her out outie turned into an innie

Lots of potential for the story to go in many directions still.

Love it, can't wait for the next part.

Keep an eye on the editing though :)

JulieDraperJulieDraper11 months ago

Excellent reading as always and surprise, surprise, I get a mention too. Looking forward to the next chapter .

Boris6942Boris694211 months ago

A very well written story without the usual excessive portrayal of domination and degradation favoured by many authors and seemingly their audience, who claim they themselves would love to be subjected to it.

There is of course a domination element, but in a context where it has been accepted to achieve a goal, rather than unilaterally imposed.

The directions that the plot can take are infinite. It will be interesting to see how Rachel’s complicity with Hunter will affect the situation in the event that the journey follows the path that Levant would like and with which Rachel may come to terms with.

Denver is a martyr to family loyalty!

I look forward to following the experience.

annika_unknownannika_unknown11 months ago

Touching and sad. Douglas' soliloquy is heart-rending and it's so dramatic and touching that I can only feel for the pain still residing in his heart. You've written this scene so lovingly and almost downplayed it that I can feel the breath and warmth in it. Not only that but it might be wonderful in a film script, touchingly filmed in muted colors. At this point, during this scene I almost fell in love with Douglas! But there are so many hints and foreshadowing I've afraid to do so. One direction of where this scene might go would be if Rachel fell into Douglas' arms and they may sweet love to each other. The other is that Hunter's warnings are troubling.

Thank you so much for putting me into the Asylum house warming. I'd love to see that Jackson Pollack painting. He's another tragic figure although he must have been miserable to live with. I guess we'll need to ask Lee Krasner. But thank you so much. I don't have any green dresses but I've wondered if green would be a compatible color. I'm not a red head but once had muted red hair... Wonderful compliment.

I don't know how much you are on familiar terms with Hegel and with the zeitgeist, volksgeist and weltgeist theories but the name of Zeitgeist Project and the tech people fills me with dread. Anything mentioning Peter Thiel, although he doesn't appear in the story, is unsettling in these uneasy times. It's one thing for U.S. states to be forcing anti-LBGTQ+ legislation through state legislatures and even worse to think of tech leaders planning events and legislation. Hegel's not my favorite philosopher by any means but your story already has a very dark hue to it at this point. You're not writing a "trans story" but one with much more consequential themes embraced by people who are much more frightening. I like living in a state without these legislative issues but these themes, along with the technological means to destroy people is truly frightening.

I'll be writing much more later. This has become a tour de force. This has become a peak event of my week and I look several times each day for the next installment. Then I re-read each installment to make sure I haven't missed anything!

Boris6942Boris694211 months ago

A very well written story without the usual excessive portrayal of domination and degradation favoured by many authors and seemingly their audience, who claim they themselves would love to be subjected to it.

There is of course a domination element, but in a context where it has been accepted to achieve a goal, rather than unilaterally imposed.

The directions that the plot can take are infinite. It will be interesting to see how Rachel’s complicity with Hunter will affect the situation in the event that the journey follows the path that Levant would like and with which Rachel may come to terms with.

Denver is a martyr to family loyalty!

I look forward to following the experience.

Femboy_AmandaFemboy_Amanda11 months ago

Alas my option is dead.

rachepriceracheprice11 months agoAuthor

Wow, so many comments all at once; quite intensive to catch up on, quite a delight to read. Yeah, Volksgeist I knew, but Weltgeist I did not. I kept oscillating between Volk and Volt (you might see the occasional typo) as a nod. I thought Project Volksgeist was too on the nose, and not enough people would get the reference early on.

I must admit I hardly wrote the story; the story wrote itself. I just did the typing. Conversations happened, and Levant's story about his first wife just came out. I will say my throat got quite sore in places re-reading it the first time. I also like Rachel, and I do sit there thinking, 'Rachel, come on, it's right in front of you.'

I would still like to argue this as a trans novel. Now that I've had a chance to interact with everyone, I'm realizing this isn't exactly the trans novel I'm looking for. I have plans for a second work (and the seeds are there in this book, which you won't get until the first chapters at the end of this one). The sequel will be far more trans. Meanwhile, I wanted something that was a blend of Chick Lit and Lad Lit, combining and remixing the two while being unique. After your feedback, I now have a better idea of what I need to create. The Zeitgeist subplot is dark and necessary for the main Rachel plot to advance. It's also necessary to push Hunter into further contention.

So the big question is, what percentage of the male population would go from outie to innie for four billion and change?

FYI, Levant's net worth varies according to a) the state of the stock market. Levant Holdings Inc. goes up and down, b) This isn't pure money; it's buildings, the value of which is volatile, and c) naturally, Levant tries to minimize taxes, so much of that net worth is money and holdings abroad. It's complex, so different characters are referring to different ways of calculating. I mean, if Rachel got kidnapped, he could probably only get about $18 million in liquid cash within 48 hours if the banks were open.

To the fellow over there with the elegant hair (sorry, I deleted your post by accident) - keep reading; you will be glad you did.

More after I line up the next chapter for the pipe.

annika_unknownannika_unknown11 months ago

There's so much packed in here and my imagination runs wild with the possibilities.

A simple side note: you asked who I might invite to a housewarming party. Your list is full of fascinating people I'd like to spend time talking to. If I was inviting people, and I assume you mean living people, here's my list:

These are contemporary philosopher's, primarily in theory of mind:

Adrian William Moore

Lucy O'Brien

John McDowell

Jerry Fodor

Michael Smith

Colin McGraw ("Can We Solve the Mind-Body Problem?" and, of course,

Naom Chomsky

Aestheticians ("Language and Nature")

Epistomologists

F1:

Lewis Hamilton (and he could design some clothes to wear)

George Russell

Sergio Perez

Fernando Alonso

Charles Lecler

and more philosophers of mind and science:

K.W. Brown

R.M. Ryan

J. Kabat-Zenni

This group could talk with the tech people you already have listed.

There are so many others and those I list are not necessarily rich, although the F1 group would be a fascinating addition. Not only that but their native languages would add an interesting social color to the mix.

You'll probably accuse me of being a little weird, but remember, adding philosophers, scientists (genuine ones doing interesting research) and auto athletes would make for fascinating conversation. There are so many names I could add but even the Asylum might not be big enough!

annika_unknownannika_unknown11 months ago

(This is the second time I've written this. This form isn't a word processor and it drops the text when moving around the site. I'm tempted to write this as an email next time!)

It's mysterious how a well-written story and complex characters take over at a certain point. When that happens the story is no longer in the control of the author and the story writes itself. This last scene (at the end of Part 22) brought me to the edge of tears, too. Douglas is struggling with the private pain of the loss of his wife, Jane, trying to reach out to his memory and in anguish that only her memory can be reached. It's clear he's reaching out to Rachel and it's heart-wrenching that apparently Rachel is not responsive.

It's clear that Douglas Levant isn't Don Giovianni, an unprincipled, rapacious character who is unrepentant to the end. When the statue in Don Giovanni invites our manipulative and selfish Don to dinner he should be warned this is his last chance. When Don Giovanni descends to hell, it's richly deserved. At Douglas' core, however is a wounded man and confessing all this to Rachel explains his needs with touching emotion. At Douglas' soliloquy, "Kind of makes you think you can undo the past and remake the future."..."And in three or four months you will be gone. Lost again. Gone for good...."A cruel layer of umber clay soil made from petechia of limonite and pyrite." Your use of 'petechia' is significant here: in medical terms, petechia is the result of broken capillaries. That reminded me of Douglas' ongoing pain. Douglas is as honest and broken as he can be at this point.

Maybe I've seen too many operas, but even in "Moonstruck," the movie with Cher and Nicholas Cage, the grandfather, walking the dogs, says, "La Bella Luna," the beautiful moon, as the cause of the burgeoning romance between the two main characters (and also the parents). If I were Rachel, and I wish I was, I would jump into Douglas' arms with all the passion in my nature and I would never let go. There are not many men like Douglas and even with the stains of mistakes in living, as with Nicholas Cages' hand showing his damage, seeing some movies brings out tears, as it does to Cher. I would be tempted to take Rachel aside and tell her to make the move that Douglas' emotions describe so well.

There is romance and then there is the deeper romance of human lives lived by taking risks. I once told my physician, "St. Thomas Aquinas said 'Mortality is the shits." No, he didn't say that, not even in Latin. But someone else said, "Better to have risked much and failed than to never have tried." (Mistaken quote, I know). Rachel's anxiety is blocking her from acting on her feelings. I would love to tell her that but she is a fictional character.

Is this a trans novel? Of course it is but it's also a human one. Rachel could help heal Douglas' brokenness by passionate sex and listening to his heart ache. Yes I realize humans are always compromised but most of us are capable of deep love. I hope Rachel has the wisdom to act on that deep love in some way.

If you're going to write a more trans novel, and I hope you do, I'm certain I'll read it with the awe I have for this one.

Annika

annika_unknownannika_unknown11 months ago

And now I'm close to tears again!

Annika

annika_unknownannika_unknown11 months ago

And finally, net worth is a term not understood by many. Despite its complexity, accounting is a very useful subject. Market fluctuations are always a confounding theme and usually it's not just one market in the mix but several markets. Added to the values invested in the markets, real estate developers benefit and also lose. Real estate investments are ruled by the tax laws and tax laws are always a bit murky and difficult to understand. Ask D. Trump about the leeway granted to developers.

With all of that it's important that readers understand that Douglas Levant's indebtedness is a consequence of many issues, not simply profligate spending. He doesn't have a check book with all that cash stuffed in the pages. He carries lots of risk and his growing love for Rachel demonstrates his dream and the risks he's willing to take for her.

Annika

bambisexdollbambisexdoll11 months ago

Hello you write as if you have been watching me, from a distance, knowing my inner most fears and fantasies, inhibitions and repressed desires since i was an insecure boy of 9 or ten, then through my adolescence and early college years. Your chapters have revealed more about me than I could have ever imagined. They make me tremble and deny, cry and drip.

Floyd1039Floyd103911 months ago

I am really liking this story. Please slow down a little and at least get someone to proofread. I don't have trouble with following but the missing words and occasional repeat is detracting. Thank you for writing.

rachepriceracheprice11 months agoAuthor

@annika_uknown as always a delight a pleasure to see your responses! i do hope I have the pleasure of more!

rachepriceracheprice11 months agoAuthor

@bambisexdoll wow. I've never had a comment of this magnitude before. I'm taking it as an enormous complement and I'm humbled by it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Amazing story! I'm kind of surprised he doesn't put a wall between himself and the doctor, knowing he's on Levants payroll and pushing him towards transitioning. I would also think Denver/Rachel would be concerned the drugs and hormones could permanently hurt his ability to get a hard on or have kids of his own in the future.

Kathryn65Kathryn6511 months ago

I ve had a few days off and have really missed catching up ! I almost feel for levant in this episode as I tend to think of him as a bit of a piece of work but , I still love everything you deem to share with us . Thank you for sharing xxx

rachepriceracheprice11 months agoAuthor

@Kathry, always happy to share and hope you had a good time off.

'I would also think Denver/Rachel would be concerned the drugs and hormones could permanently hurt his ability to get a hard on or have kids of his own in the future'.

Well, remember Rachel had been assured by Dr Grant that everything is reversible. Which, weirdly, it is. Rachel isn't going to check the Internet anyway, which would largely back up what Dr Grant up. Provided Rachel slowly reduced her dose then Denver would emerge unscathed. The downside is that taking it young might mean muscular-skeletal problems. i.e the reduction in muscle mass means bones may not grow as thick/strong. This assumes that Denver hasn't finished growing, which at 18 is a little questionable but everyone is different, he could be a later developer.

Also Denver now has a sample in the Unicorn under Mimi's name. Worst case he could earn the money for IVF it's not like infertility isn't a problem in the USA sperm counts had dropped 50 percent over the past four decades. Possibly due to diethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP) and polychlorinated biphenyl 153 found plastics which mimic oestrogen. So when they said 'the future is feminine' they weren't kidding. So not a total problem.

In reality, the side effects of the HRT and so on would be difficulty of getting it up but also a loss in sex drive ( not so much in Rachel's case ). This would come back. There are solutions to lack of getting it up - viagra for example still works in many cases. The constant tucking isn't going to help. The tucking is more symbolic and ritualistic in this book.

Another chapter is in the pipe. Should drop soon.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userracheprice@racheprice
Rachel Price is a dangerous and elusive Bay Area writer known for her controversial and provocative works. Born and raised in the San Francisco Bay Area, Rachel began writing at a young age as a means of expressing her complex and often disturbing thoughts and experiences. Sh...