All Comments on 'The Ryan Gosling Principle'

by FreddieTheCamel

Sort by:
  • 93 Comments
26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Never understood the celebrity crush thing, but if Gal Gadot knocked on my door, I would talk to her.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

The curse of a perfect man!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OMG Charlie was just an insecure man child.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

To you young men...this woman is NOT what you are looking for. She's well above a 7 crazy on the hot crazy matrix.

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

stupid stupid man

he knows she is going to cheat on him

he knows she is a vain self centered narcissist

he knw she will be a terrible mother

and he still got her pregnant

he will be a cuck one day, and he will deserve it

tangledweedtangledweedover 1 year ago

Troublingly accurate portrayal of the faux happiness almost all of us settle for if we want peace and security.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

The husband is completely overreacting here. The fact that he has stopped thinking about fantasy women from Hollywood or playboy or what have you is his right and that's his character and the way he does things.

But the wife still having a one and a million fantasy shot at a movie star does not mean that she's cheating or she's likely to cheat or anything like that .

MightyheartMightyheartover 1 year ago

Seriously well written.

Realistic.

4.5/5

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Fundamentally depressing view of life. Sadly it is, at its heart, a mirror of February Sucks at the core. The woman is a sociopathic narcissistic princess who substitutes lust in place of love. She can and will betray him in a future triggering event. The husband’s recognition of his wife’s core sociopathic nature coupled with his fatal decision to continue crew into a child with her is one of the saddest things I have ever read here. A certain failure of the worst sort with a woman utterly incapable of serving in a mother and wife.

5 stars because you made me ponder the tragic nature of human optimism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yeah, didn't like it, both characters were unlikeable and story almost said that these two should not be together and reasons why they are together are pretty shallow and meh, problem isin't Ryan Gosling, two of them are the problem.

ibuguseribuguserover 1 year ago

Nice work. Halfway through, I thought it a boring story of a couple of insecure people. But you managed to turn the story, rather cleverly I might add, around to a 5*.

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Bet if it’s a boy you can guess what she wants to name it.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 1 year ago

Coming to terms with the inherent inequality of love in relationships. Charlie and Lisa’s ideological clash well illustrates the conundrum. By the end of their story, you’ve deftly shifted the sympathy from Charlie to Lisa. An entertaining and enjoyable interlude into their marriage. Well done. Thank you for sharing your work.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

Nah. It won't be fine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well I can’t unread it, but I wish I could

JJ1961JJ1961over 1 year ago

I love this author. I love the dialogs, the expectations, the contradictions, the way the problems are presented. The differences of thinking, the confrontations, all the struggle between the couples. your solution is always to talk, to communicate, to compromise, to understand him/herself or the other. The message is clear, no one is perfect.

I’m looking forward your next work. Thank you.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 1 year ago

This is very good writing. Best I've read for quite a while.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a completely pointless story. He’s upset because she has sexual fantasies and that’s the whole fucking story? One star for this big steaming pile of dog shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A common problem with spouses. Mine fits only after the kids were born...

AhboomAhboomover 1 year ago

Ngl what Charlie wants is just simply unnatural

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm with JJ1961. A very nuanced look inside male and female psychology. With love and understanding.

5 our of 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The author is best at this. Seems more in real life, than actual IRL.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

While I absolutely get Charlie's point. Almost blowing up your marriage over your wife fantasizing about a man she will never meet?

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

This story tells me more about Freddy here than anything else. He likes to use manosphere bullshit in his stories as a barometer of truth. Instead of always being accurate, it's more like a broken clock, correct twice a day.

Hypergamy exists such that women will attempt to secure the best husband possible. There are a number of factors that play into that calculus and it's not always the same between two women. That doesn't mean every woman will continually seek to trade up or find new husbands using the same calculus while still married. It also doesn't mean women will be out fucking every swinging dick when they get horny. Conflating hypergamy with promiscuous doesn't change the definition of either nor the behaviors they represent.

This story is nothing more than yet another attempt to portray men as being more noble than women. Charlie whined like a little bitch because he isn't the best at X in his wife's eyes. It's total horseshit.

There is a much better story in here that examines these themes. I wish I could remember the name and author. I am paraphrasing but there was a line that I liked. "If a woman has had sex 9 times before meeting her husband then he has only a 10% shot at being the best. Of course this is simplistic but it highlights an important fact. Most women have had sex before marriage and most women do not cheat on their husbands. And trust me boys, we can get it far easier than you can. But we don't because there are numerous reasons why sex with someone might be better than others and it's not just about your dick.

Demanding your wife view you as best is nothing more than telling her you are insecure and controlling. Nothing makes a woman lose respect faster than a man who has no confidence in himself.

If there is one universal trait we all seek in a husband, it's a confident man. Why would we attach our lives to whining birches? Answer that Freddy.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

Yeah sometimes though some petty arguments erupts with a married couple.

What irritates me with those sometimes is that wifey just hates it that I can't see it in her perspective. Argument would stop if I agree with her, which most "sometimes" I do it just to have peace.

/

Thanks FreddietheCamel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very poignant and thought provoking. His wife has already committed the first step toward adultery: she has decided that if she gets the right opportunity with the right man she would fuck him, she would be thrilled to fuck him. Of course its only one man, she claims, and the odds are infinitesimal. The problem is not that the wife is immoral or unethical or shallow and selfish. The problem is the wife is very immature, and stupid. Who thinks good sex with a stranger can be predicted by their appearance? Someone with very little sexual experience, or a very undeveloped imagination: a person who thinks like a child. That is the woman he is marrying, committing himself to; and he deserves what he gets from her. Her adultery is restrained not by her virtue and commitment, but simply by the small probability that she'll get the chance to fuck her dram man. But dream men can enter a woman's head in an unplanned unanticipated instant. You gave us an interesting introduction. Maybe someone will write one of the many possible sequels. Thanks for the effort.

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800over 1 year ago

I loved it. I do like Freddie the Camels writing. The interaction between the couple and what is on their mind I find very interesting.

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

Wow, the depths of reality expressed here are amazing, and sadly true to life. As one who experienced such verbal densities with my wife (ok, I experienced them while cowering in a foxhole while SHE went round and around, never having a clue what made her tick), this was almost TOO enlightening. But, a clear view of the differences between men and women in general. Freddie's stories should be required reading for all who wish to be married. A clear five, again.

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

Forgot to add a 'tip of the hat' to skruff101 for his implied suggestion that she would want to name the boy Ryan, thereby ensuing another big argument. Funny.

HikingThruHikingThruover 1 year ago

Great story. Someone WILL overcome the 292,200,000:1 odds and win this Powerball. So, Marc (or Ryan) could one day show up. And February will suck all over again. Perhaps that's an analogy for all cheating. Is your spouse a selective PB or MB player, only when the prize is stupidly high, or a daily Pick-3 type of slut or man-whore?

BriteaseBriteaseover 1 year ago

Quality! Careful or you’ll be writing fine literature?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Good story well told. I think the sticking point is the difference between "I'd do him even though I'm married" and "He's hot, not take me to bed, husband." They are not the same.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Reading his idiotic critics, I sometimes think this writer is too good, or maybe just too deep, for this site.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 1 year ago

What an insecure chauvinistic neanderthal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This author has the rare capability of being able to express complex emotions in his interactions between his male and female characters. In this story he, successfully IMO, illustrates the emotional balance any person needs to have in order to establish and maintain a full and enriching long term relationship in a marriage.

.

Charlie and Lisa are going to make it just fine. Thanks in no small measure by Lisa’s friend reading the riot act to her regarding dealing with the male psyche 😎

.

5 *****

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 1 year ago

I agree with Harryinva.

Fantasy is fine, but it isn’t reality. We think we want something in the abstract,

I want a classic car. But offered one….nope too much bother, no place to put it… keep life simple

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 1 year ago

This was an interesting psychological experiment that was fun to read. I think it bears a lot of truth. I believe a man, who is more ego-driven, always wants to be on top of his woman's sexiest man tree. Women, however, are more romantically driven, will always have their fantasies. It's the antithesis of the "February Sucks" syndrome.

bluengraybluengrayover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story, but I was left with that question that a lot of stories leave me with, And then what happened? More chapters are needed. 4* for a great beginning to what could become an even better story! Thanks for writing!

Buster2UBuster2Uover 1 year ago

5 Stars to a Great Writer, and a Great Story. An amazing capture of how fucked up a woman's mind is. Completely Emotional, Logic not available. Typical Woman's thinking not able to ever be understood by a man. How long before she fucks the Ryan Gosling look alike at work? LOL I love a happy ending. Did she get laid while she was gone all day? Maybe there will be a chapter #2

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well you hit it head on!

Women behaves like spoiled teenage girls, like their shit don't stink.

It's pretty sad that most women never grow up, when it comes to having their way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good writing. LP

KarnevilKarnevilover 1 year ago

Well he's the life and soul of the party..... Not. He claims to have stopped fantasising about other women when he married, bollocks! No man on earth, unless he's gay or a monk stops fantasising about women. Perhaps he should remove that stick from his arse, or maybe she should look for somebody with a sense of humour.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Marriage is of, by, and for females. This isn’t good or bad, it’s just the way things are. Marriage is presented as a partnership, but female entitlement trumps everything else. After standing in front of the crowd, slipping the ring on the finger, and saying “I do”, males have nothing whatsoever to do with it. Knowing this, a female is entitled to redefine marriage every single day by using her personality and by restricting access to her body, but mostly with words (nagging, cajoling, threatening, promising, belittling): “if you really love me you would…”, “it’s for the kids”, “do this and you might get lucky tonight”, “I have a headache”, a husband should…”, “if you were a real man you would…”, “it’s not what you think it is (it’s what I say it is)”, “I know I did, but maybe after I get this promotion or when I decide to keep my promises”. After all, whattaya gonna do, beat some sense into ‘em? No? Well, then: they win. And if you DO hit ‘em, you lose. All of which makes “fighting for your marriage” an empty phrase. Males don’t need no stinking papers, but females must have something to show the judge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sadly, depressingly, I absolutely agree with everything servant111 wrote.

And yes, that means he is setting himself up to be that poor guy in “February Sucks”, because there are going to be guys out there higher on the Sexy Man Tree who look like Ryan Gosling and will use it to get women.

This isn’t about having fantasies, Harry. This is about how it revealed the way the wife sees her husband, and it doesn’t bode well for the future.

Excellent story.

BigVic77BigVic77over 1 year ago

Nice story. Explores some interesting territory. Nice if they bumped into Ryan at some stage…

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Everyone seems to have missed the critical part. His wife doesn't really love him. She's a narcissist and she demands from him what she refuses to provide for him. That's a huge problem and one that is unrelated to the Gosling principle. Love is not a feeling. Not an emotion. It's work. It's commitment. As Scott Peck wrote, real love doesn't start until you "fall out of love." She doesn't get it. Doesn't want to get it. And her failure to embrace this concept of love leads to the second major problem.

Yes, it's a huge problem that she thinks it would be ok to cheat if the affair partner were hot enough. She has a fundamentally unloving notion of what fidelity is and why it is critical to love. It doesn't matter what the odds are. It matters where her commitment is. And hers is inadequate.

She doesn't understand what love is and doesn't understand what fidelity means. He's in deep trouble, even if she never screws someone else.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I’m wondering if someone hacked HarryinVA’s account. His comment was lucid and on point.

It was an interesting read, but some of the comments were more entertaining. Hopefully the emotionally delicate husband in this little story is an aberration. Then again, based on some of the comments, sadly I guess not. Get some therapy boys

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

Well for starters Charlie is clearly a fragile little bitch. She was in the right and he wasn't. But Im also not a weak little wimpy cry baby male. And it is a sign of a fragile little boy who gets upset over something like that. Usually Cons, their character is hugely weak and tired to being pseudo-Alphas.

Just like those who wet their Trump Brand adult diapers over Lisa. Thats usually the calling card of the little misogynistic omega males.

Sorry bitches, your attitude towards women is so expected of you these days. What she said was no big deal and her husband was a hypocrite, as you would be if any woman EVER got near you. But thanks for the laughs, wimpy little boys in the comments are so fucking funny.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great, sweet story! Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So it's not Ryan Gosling who shows up at her job one day. It's a guy with a speech impediment but looks a little better than Ryan. Lisa is basing her desire to fuck Ryan strictly on looks. So this seems like the perfect opportunity to score her 1 in a million chance that she's already committed to. Charlie might fantasize but he's made the grown up decision to say no. Lisa has considered the same conditions and said yes to adultery. Charlie is making a huge mistake wasting any more of his time with this woman who's using him as a placeholder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My God...the agony this author must feel about having never been and with zero prospects in any realistic future of being laid.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

Another fantastic and thoughtful FreddieTheCamel story!

ken philipsken philipsover 1 year ago

Sorry. Hated it. 1 star for trying. Charlie is a one dimensional manchild "saint". In other words, a selfish, spoilt idiot who can't separate reality from fantasy. Lisa should be divorcing the dickhead ASAP. Don't want to be responsible for bringing more of those fucked up genes into this world. Ken

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The only way to save this would be to find out that the worthless cunt is barren and the brainless dick is sterile, thus preventing them from having kids to destroy during their sure to happen divorce, or having children with others later to pass on their defective genes.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

3 stars - marriage is supposed to be a mutually agreed joining of two adult beings to share their lives forever. It has worked for more than 1/2 a century for me. I just cannot even comprehend why anyone would say something as stupid as that, right after a wild make out session with their life partner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Jesus. That’s one tedious story about nothing. The author is simply looking for reasons to be a sad sack.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineover 1 year ago

I think the whole situation was fucked up. Everyone has a favorite person or celebrity they fancy. Doesn’t mean they want to go fuck them or their lookalikes. Charlie ran it into the ground. He’s going to have an unhappy life if he constantly thinks she’ll want to fuck Gosling or his lookalikes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lisa will soon be a single mom and VERY alone. Charlie will find a real woman to love him only and give him a family.

jesemmojesemmoover 1 year ago

I hope they do not have any babies until Lisa grows up. She's an immature pain in the ass.

shvg65shvg65over 1 year ago

Sadly, she has already admitted she would cheat on her husband if her idea of the perfect man came along. It reminds me of the guy that went into a bar and saw a good looking woman sitting alone. He walked up to her and asked her if he gave her five million dollars, would she have sex with him. She said she would, then he asked her if she would have sex with him for twenty dollars. She got an ugly look on her face and said, "What, Do You Think I'm A Prostitute". He then said "We have already established that, we are just negotiating the price".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Total bullshit. She was doing what women have done for centuries - using sex to win the argument. Using her body to get her way. Making the man follow his "little head" instead of thinking with his brain. So he's willing to accept less, accept that he really doesn't have a say in things just so that he can have some sex that last maybe a few minutes in return for a lifetime's servitude? Bad deal I'd say. He'd get a much better deal and be happier from watching a Hallmark Movie that he would staying married to that woman. Cost him less too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story. It is a sad reality of the LW category that no matter how good a writer is, there will be vocal haters with a visceral need to tear the author down. The only value of these commenters is to laugh at them and move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He’s a fool. Don’t make a baby, divorce while it’s somewhat easier! Find a less spoiled woman who truly views him as her best!

ZK

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Interesting

Thoughts

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So, why did Lisa agree to marry Charlie if she wasn't sexually attracted to Charlie? If Lisa has to imagine Ryan Gosling to tolerate sex with Charlie then she had no business marrying Charlie. Lisa is just using Charlie as a masturbation device. The story does illustrate the differences in how men and women perceive love. Men"love" idealistically and and sacrificially... Women "love" opportunistically and conditionally. Men "love" women....Women "love" children.

Romantic love is a fantasy that only men really believe, because only nature’s provider would dream of being loved for who he is rather than what he provides, and female romance is a fickle extension of her desire for emotional validation and material fulfillment. Love itself is largely a fiction that nobody can quite define. Chasing after fantasies you can’t define is dangerous, like chasing “utopia”, it always ends in tears.

Men, its best to always remember that a woman is never truly "yours"....its just your turn with her. Best not to become too emotionally attached or invested.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There may be no better author writing about conversations between spouses. Here is an example of a “nothing” conversation that devolves into a potentially damaging situation for the marriage. In some sense, the specific topic is less crucial than the concept that marriages have a certain fragility. In this case, the partners seem to move forward, but I couldn’t help but wonder about reverberations into their future (son’s name?). Thanks FtC for this scenario.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Re: anonymous-excellent story.. I'm laughing at you ass wipe. What you're saying is that only your opinion counts?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Laptopwriter's comments demonstrated, at least to QuickMagazine, why he's at the top of the writers' tree. He caught the "FS" parallels here, though I'm puzzled by his remark that "it's the antithesis of the 'February Sucks' syndrome." To me it looks like Lisa may be a Linda waiting to happen. Look, I know this is fiction, but in my limited experience, normal women don't talk like this to their husbands. Nor vice versa. First, it's unkind. Second, it's destabilizing. However, Freddie's specialty is depicting marital conflict, and he often uses people saying what they are thinking rather than what they would actually say. So, much of the comments here are based on things that aren't real, despite the fact they appeared in this story. Meanwhile, I'm giving Mr. Camel a solid 4 here. It was a little too disturbing for me to go all the way to 5. I'm assuming that the author wants us to assume that Lisa wanted to name their son Ryan, hence the great fight. Happy ending, my ass.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Healthy dose of the real world in this story. Charlie could be any of us husbands out there, same for Lisa. Well told - I think I know that couple. LOL 5*

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Sorry, but complete garbage. NOT about the movie star. You can legit argue it both ways. But the guy FULLY realized she didn't actually love him, and would continue emotionally abusing him if he stayed married to her. He should have filed for divorce, not made her a baby to enclave him permanently to an emotionally abusive bitch who ALSO happens to be unfaithful at the core.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

Real life ain't pretty. Sadly, the devolution of a silly remark into a major marital disruption is VERY realistic. The irascible Henry Mencken once said, "In the battle of the sexes, woman fights from a Dreadnaught battleship and man, from an open raft." FtC rocks! 5/5!!

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

Great story and it raises a good topic for discussion, the old celebrity hall pass and how spouses view each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You can get a lot closer to a happy ending than by staying with a woman who

a. is an immature child who goes passive-aggressive when she doesn't her way, and

b. jokes about breaking her vows and then accuses her husband that he would do the same.

Talk about projection.

Two stars for describing the entitled little girls our society is turning out. Way too many looking to trade up.

I'd have run for the hills.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Interesting story. I am afraid it is my opinion that she should rid herself of this dumpster fire of a husband at the earliest opportunity. Pretty sure most women would find him very unattractive. I do, anyway. Write another, please. Randi.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

No plot here to warrant LW category. If you wanted essay about spouse relationship then categorize it properly and post it elsewhere. Of course, who wants to read the stuff like this? All the mediocre reasoning of inhibited people but it really does not belong here in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lisa is a selfish bitch. Unfortunately most women are the same way. Charlie should have refused the initial physical contact when she returned from Janet's. When Lisa started trying to force make up sex without resolving the issue Charlie needed to bitch slap her and say "not without a condom slut" their relationship has a major issue that needs to be workes through before having a child.

1 star because Charlie caved so fast

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

The story was well written and likely it will invoke many comments. What I see are two very immature people arguing over a slight nuance. Charlie thinks Lisa is not 100% devoted to him because she wishes to fuck a dream guy. Lisa is pissed because he is telling her he has no similar dream gal he’d choose over her because he loves her completely. In the end Charlie decides to “play the odds” and risk that Ryan Gosling will never hook up with Lisa and even if he does, Lisa will still be unhappy because no man can compete with a dream. A lesson Charlie should have applied to himself when he first doubted his wife’s devotion.

While I think it unwise to assume the story characters are representative of the Authors personality, I have to say, I agree with Angelrider that not all, or even most, women are constantly looking to “upgrade” their spouse. I think it’s like the .25 ct diamond engagement ring the wife gets at age 21. At age 41 her more financially capable spouse offers to trade it on a 1.5 ct rock, but she refuses to part with the smaller diamond because of what it represents to her. She is happy with the ring she chose even though it may not be the best available to her. Most men have no interest in having a “trophy wife,” yet there are lots of them out there. The point is there is no shortage when it comes to lack of maturity- male or female.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

These days, marriage is a risky investment for men and is an investment that provides little to no benefits for men any more. Divorce in the USA has risen to 54% while the marriage rate has been steadily declining for decades. Of note is that fact that about 80 percent of the all divorces are initiated by women. Where the woman has a college education the rate rises to 90%.

Marriage makes the government a 3rd partner in your relationship and I guarantee you that government will always take the woman's side when she decides she done with you and the marriage and that government will tie you financially responsible in continuing the the woman's life style for years to come.

"Charlie felt sorry for her. He realised that no man would ever be enough, that she would always be hankering after that one-in-a-million experience, that her dissatisfaction with anything but the best was not a choice "

Got that men? You are nothing but a temporary "placeholder" subject to the woman's fickle extension of her desire for emotional validation and material fulfillment. The odds are against you in keeping her satisfied.

They can leave you and move in with somebody else, or move another man into your house, and you still have to pay them.

You will have to pay her as much as a judge says, for as long as that judge says, even if she seduced your best friend and divorced you when you found out. The reason she quits isn’t relevant, but the contract goes on for the male.

Any contract that can be terminated by either party at any time, but only one party has to keep paying after it’s terminated, is a scary contract.

Business partnerships make sure that obligations are clear from both sides, and it’s always written in such a way that the other partner can’t just quit and make you keep paying them.

Ask any business attorney if you should sign a partnership where they bring in nothing, and you owe them a severance and indefinite pay if they quit for any reason. What do you think that attorney would say?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So, why is Lisa currently married to Charlie?

Is she only married to Charlie because she expects Charlie to financially support her and any children she has while married to Charlie? What exactly is Charlie getting out of the marriage, especially if Lisa has children, other than being financially responsible for Lisa and Lisa's children for the next 18-21 years whether they stay married or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

“ inter ter is ting” I think Arty Johnson would say.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I see divorce in Charlie's future. Lisa will leave Charlie for a Ryan Gosling look-alike. Lisa will get the house and custody of baby "Ryan" while Charlie's stuck financially supporting Lisa and baby "Ryan" while Lisa moves the Ryan Gosling look-alike into Charlie's house so she can "Fuck" her one-in-a-million "dream man".

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Well done.

Thought-provoking, and realistic. Human relationships are complex, and must be worked out through communication and trust every day. Relationships where people stop doing this are the ones that end in divorce.

Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Commentor's extreme reactions say infinitely more about themselves then the writer's story. Yes, he overreacted, but her response was disproportionate to his reaction. For her to disregard her husband's statements so early in thier marriage, to be that dismissive shows how immature and self centered she is. This is reinforced by the contrite manner in which she returns and her actions to essentially trap her husband through pregnancy. The implied fact that she wanted to name thier son Ryan shows that she still hadn't matured.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

hehe 2 ppl that dont know each other get married and then find out they dont know each other is always funny to me. will keep reading maybe theres some back story. i mean ppl usually get to know each other while courting each other before getting married if one or both are not letting the other person in to get to know then the other usually walks away. so why are these 2 ppl married? also sounds like both are very shallow

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

yeah u see that entire conversation should have happen on their 8th or 9th date or a the very least when they got engaged. makes no sense to have it after ur married

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

10 years later its feb and they go to a dance bar with some friends and meet a sexy football player....... lol he should have ran when he had the chance

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interesting thought exercise. I have to admit I would be concerned about the future of their marriage due to the thoughts she has.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

I liked it.

Nobody's perfect.

We like our partners to share our values,

but mostly in bigger things.

The couple here are dealing with smaller things.

And not dealing well with it.

How will they handle bigger things?

Interesting story.

4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nice mix of emotions and the story ending in a happy way. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I can't believe these comments coming from a bunch of self-described psychologists who have the ability to predict the future. As one scribe says, "It's only a story people."

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story, a good life lesson, well written and a realistic marriage. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Laughable overreaction. A secret lusty wish is not the same as actual cheating or mean that dhe woukd feel entitled and go through with it if the opportunity arose. Story suggests women are incapable of rational thought and weighing reward vs risk. Nor all women are Linda from FS. And yes all men maintain a Sexy Woman tree after marriage. Please.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFreddieTheCamel@FreddieTheCamel
I write both professionally and for fun. The stories and essays I post on this site are for fun. I've also taken the first steps to self-publishing under the name Freddie T Camel, although more as an experiment than an ambition. I want to write stories that have emotional res...